history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Aug 20 2014 06:45AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  A wandering monk called Vaccha asked the Buddha if the Buddha would still exsist after death. The Buddha replied:
"Vaccha, the idea that I would exist or not exist after death - such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: LETTING GO
vertical line Posted on Feb.11.2007 @ 02:49AM EDT by fatnhappy
I guess the awareness of zen practice has brought me down a path of zen awareness . I have been thinking very deeply lately not clearly all the time but very soul searching mental thoughts . It seems ive come to a very high wall . If i let go of these few thoughts these few moments of sunsets , ripples in a pond , music , the touch of your loves skin , the smell of orange blossoms , the taste of soy milk , the heartfelt conversations with your bestest friend , the basic pleasures  that I am blessed to still be able to have . This to me is more frightening than to actually die . Maybe some paths have an end and then you must make a choice to stop for awhile and enjoy or start cutting a new path . One that is not already established .  It seems that if what is , is . This is all there is there is no more ......than cool . Trying to cut your senses off not feel or touch taste smell  see this is not what zen teaches . if you have no sight or smell or hearing or taste or touch then what are you ? Is this living ? Enlightenment is simplification of living not preparing to die . Im at the cusp of letting go of everything but im very scared to . Would this not be like not being alive?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email fatnhappy
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Feb.11.2007
03:42AM EDT 
vertical line Living happens in acting now. Not just living with names but with what names are pointing to. It may be scary to lose these names, but what is left is the real real.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68544
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.11.2007
07:06AM EDT 
vertical line Er did I say this first, before then, back in the er front somewhere? Anyway, there is a way for one to come to one's senses. No alas, no alack, cuz no one can tell another what that way is. What one can do is show and share in the joy and the tears, the suffering and the consolation. Time is when tears wash away the sadness. Time is when tears are pure liquid joy. Something like that, yeah.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68546
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from fatnhappy
Feb.11.2007
01:09PM EDT 
Email fatnhappy
vertical line Quote: "Living happens in acting now. Not just living with names but with what names are pointing to. It may be scary to lose these names, but what is left is the real real.
"
.........sure zero i already understand the concept that nothing is the real real .That emptiness is the actuality of most everything else . Loosing the concept of even speaking and speech itself . But is this healthy as a human being to live like this to cut those human feelings off . Cannot I still be a Monk and enjoy sex love blue skies a fresh apple etc . I heard recently of a buddhist monk cutting off his penis because he had renounced all worldly pleasures , yet you still need to pee .So is he truly the enlightened one or crazy as a phyc ward ?where do you stop and become content ?at some point do you stop and just smell flowers ?loosing ones self i have done and living in a world of ego all around you you seem like a phyco a crazy person . a nut job . so if your going to live in a city you must have a certain amount of ego and self , personality . or you cannot survive . i enjoy living . i do not view living as self centered if your actions are peaceful and well intended . mindful and understanding . other wise its a pure ego trip . leggo my ego : )
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68557
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Feb.11.2007
02:17PM EDT 
vertical line You don't need to cut your feelings off. I mean that action is the answer. Concepts are mind and pleasures are body and it is in action that they are united. Action can't be in the past or future, it can only be now. Just cutting off concepts or cutting off pleasures are false ways. Acting now, not intentionally but spontaneously, in a balanced way, unites them. Zazen is such an action, but not the only one.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68558
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.11.2007
02:52PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line For every person there is a unique path. I stand back from the critic, drop all the pretentious gossip, do the opposite of what's popular, without cutting off my dick... it died on it's own anyway.

I am beginning, by listening to the bird song, with the toxic rev of engines, the pain which is not death, I am listening. Taking the alternate, some would say, I have no map, unless I follow your path to enlightenment .

I accept all religions, beliefs, and angry denials, equally... the days are all connecting, and is beyond me, fading into blue. As I walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I know I am not alone, and it is not the Buddha I have come to save, it is the family I have lost  that is before me each day.

What a jewel, what it cost was in losing self, and being the most beautiful person in the eyes of the many, when even looking at failure counts as blessing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68561
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.11.2007
03:54PM EDT 
vertical line I
Have
Learned
So much from God
That I can no longer
Call
Myself

A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
A Buddhist, a Jew.

The Truth has shared so much of Itself
With me

That I can no longer call myself
A man, a woman, an angel,
Or even pure
Soul.

Love has
Befriended Hafiz so completely
It has turned to ash
And freed
Me

Of every concept and image
My mind has ever known.

~ Hafiz ~
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 68562
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from LeonBasin
Sep.18.2010
05:08AM EDT 
Email LeonBasin
vertical line Quote: "I
Have
Learned
So much from God
That I can no longer
Call
Myself

A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
A Buddhist, a Jew.

The Truth has shared so much of Itself
With me

That I can no longer call myself
A man, a woman, an angel,
Or even pure
Soul.

Love has
Befriended Hafiz so completely
It has turned to ash
And freed
Me

Of every concept and image
My mind has ever known.

~ Hafiz ~
"

Beautiful!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 116436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Sep.18.2010
10:37AM EDT 
vertical line You haven't changed a bit.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 116488
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA INCENSE HOLDER
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s