Posted on Apr.25.2007 @ 12:35PM EDT by stephen
"Think about 'I , myself, me' as independent person.
- How does 'I' feel, what does 'I' feel, where is 'I' , what is 'I' ?
- Is my body 'I' ?
- Is it my head, my feet, my hands, my heart, my lungs?
- Do 'I' have a body? Then the owner of the body must be separate from the body!
- Is my mind 'I' ?
- Which thought, feeling, emotion is 'I' ?
- Is the 'I' my memories of the past, or my worries about the future?
- Do 'I' have a mind? Then the owner of the mind must be something separate from the mind!
- Is the 'I' the combination of body and mind?
- Then when 'I' loose a finger, I loose a part of my 'self', my 'I' , 'I' must feel incomplete ever after.
- When I forget something, I must loose something of my 'self', when something is lost in my mind, I loose part of my 'I'.
- Can anything be body and mind at the same time?
- Is the 'I' separate from the body and the mind?
- Is there a third thing or entity, independent of body and mind which is "me"?
- If so, where is the 'I'? Outside my body and mind?
- Are there any more possibilities for the 'I' ; if it is not the body, not the mind, not a combination and not separate from it?"
Reply from kelvintan
Since Death is the owner of this body
Then Life is the owner of this of mind
Emotions reacting to objects of mind
Perceiving mind object as part of me
Having believe in existence of Self
Examine all mind objects impermanent
Nothing to grasp, nothing is born & dies