history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Sep 17 2014 01:32AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Subhuti was Buddha's disciple. He was able to understand the potency of emptiness, that nothing exists except in its relationship of subjectivity and objectivity. One day, in a mood of sublime emptiness, Subhuti was resting underneath a tree... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: "RUSTIC"
vertical line Posted on Jun.15.2007 @ 03:26PM EDT by Pendragon

Every time I post, the topic is filled up by Rustic's ongoing stream of consciousness. It's like trying to talk over a drunk. So long folks.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Pendragon
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from fatnhappy
Jun.15.2007
05:33PM EDT 
Email fatnhappy
vertical line geez im hungry ...I wonder ....no.......oh yeah........my foot still hurts....hmmmmmmmm.this screen is bright........the house is gettin cold....maybe I should turn off the a/c.......god I hate tv uhhhhhh.......what the.oh yeah
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71954
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.15.2007
06:10PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I can't get a word in edgewise. But that's just my fault. E
                                                                                                 D
                                                                                                 G
                                                                                                 E

D
                                                                                                 U
                                                                                                 M
                                                                                                 M
                                                                                                 U
                                                                                                  !
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71956
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.15.2007
10:47PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "geez im hungry ...I wonder ....no.......oh yeah........my foot still hurts....hmmmmmmmm.this screen is bright........the house is gettin cold....maybe I should turn off the a/c.......god I hate tv uhhhhhh.......what the.oh yeah "

What happened to your foot?

My hands are sore. All the windows are open, it's finally cooling off. I'm not hungry, I never seem hungry. Oh yeah, I hate tv too, but less with it off. The computer doesn't count, but in another life I may come to hate it too. But, a day , is a life.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71957
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.16.2007
07:58AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "geez im hungry ...I wonder ....no.......oh yeah........my foot still
hurts....hmmmmmmmm.this screen is bright........the house is gettin
cold....maybe I should turn off the a/c.......god I hate tv
uhhhhhh.......what the.oh yeah

"

My hands are sore. All the windows are open, it's finally cooling off. I'm not hungry, I never seem hungry. Oh yeah, I hate tv too, but less with it off. The computer doesn't count, but in another life I may come to hate it too. But, a day , is a life.
"

Typing with sore hands and foot? Are they still hurting on publication?

I feel like I have low blood sugar after manual work but when I do a test, it isn't so breakfast ie the right thing at the right time cold for the time of year and the rain keeps on raining so I stop to cough with a blocked up nasal passage and fuzz head with people all around the room looking and saying show me another injustice in the world but further away from where I am cheers
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71959
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from stephen
Jun.16.2007
09:09AM EDT 
Email stephen
vertical line

You are walking in beautiful woods. The path is true and straight. You are open to all inputs. The view is beyond belief. There is a “no see him” buzzing your head. He is darting in and out: you wave your hand to shoo the critter away, He keeps coming back,

You can dam the critter, try to kill it and lose your way.

You can change paths but it will probably follow.

You can let it run free and continue down the path hoping it will depart.

You can freeze it from your consciousness.

You can offer compassion and let it drink from your fluids.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71960
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.16.2007
11:39AM EDT 
vertical line Oh dear. Or you could just 'do' nothing. Hows about you wake up to awareness without evaluation, then talk to me about compassion and um 'drinking from your fluids'. You a monkey trying to play a saxophone.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71961
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.16.2007
12:03PM EDT 
vertical line And hey, look at this. There's a thread with my name on it. I'm a topic. I'm bloody news! What? Is there something wrong people? Or is all well? Sitting at computers, squinting at screens, thinking 'um I got to get this across...that so-and-so has to understand this ain't no party I got serious stuff to say over and above anybody else drunk or not but I need some kind of recognition before I can do it some order control yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah I have to know I'm appreciated because I'm gonna leave yeah you'll see'....just give it up because. Because first, you can't leave - you aren't here and second I haven't finished with you yet. Put on a new mind and stop introjecting the ideas of others just so you can project them outward. It's like you're starving yourself to death at a banquet. It's a mess alright but all is well.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71963
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.16.2007
07:27PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "You can offer compassion and let it drink from your fluids."

gassho

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71965
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Davidseon
Jun.16.2007
08:27PM EDT 
Email Davidseon
vertical line

Quote: "And hey, look at this. There's a thread with my name on it. I'm a topic. I'm bloody news! What? Is there something wrong people? Or is all well? Sitting at computers, squinting at screens, thinking 'um I got to get this across...that so-and-so has to understand this ain't no party I got serious stuff to say over and above anybody else drunk or not but I need some kind of recognition before I can do it some order control yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah I have to know I'm appreciated because I'm gonna leave yeah you'll see'....just give it up because. Because first, you can't leave - you aren't here and second I haven't finished with you yet. Put on a new mind and stop introjecting the ideas of others just so you can project them outward. It's like you're starving yourself to death at a banquet. It's a mess alright but all is well. "

This sounds like justification.  Anyone can justify anthying, but the real truth needs no justification.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71968
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.16.2007
08:55PM EDT 
vertical line Does it? That how it reads to you? Think you could give me the "real truth" if you tried? Think you could describe compassion? Do you think it implies only softness? Or are you aware that compassion can be hard, rude - that it can be many things. If you want to love, you will have to give up your 'real truth'. And then, and with a soft, sensitive and yielding heart, being compassion, help the other guy make me an offer. An offer without strings. Without demands; without expectations, wihout inventions. And make it a fair one without labels and without platitudes. Think you could do that? Think you could help the other guy drop his concept and image of 'compassion' without freezing reality, without negativity? Reality flows - the minute you try and put it into a concept, it stops flowing, becomes static, dead.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71970
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Davidseon
Jun.16.2007
09:25PM EDT 
Email Davidseon
vertical line Thats a nice justification.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71972
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.16.2007
09:34PM EDT 
vertical line Thought so - justification is the bon mot of the day eh? Guess that's an unjustified no, then.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71973
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Davidseon
Jun.16.2007
10:07PM EDT 
Email Davidseon
vertical line

Just showing compassion.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71974
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.17.2007
08:32AM EDT 
vertical line Oh but I don't see it - there's no 'just' about it. Because my happiness isn't dependent upon you, on what you say, think or do. Good to see that you've overcome your aversion to one-liner flippancy, or the concept of same though. I mean, how gratifying is that? Unless you renounced it that is. In which case you're tied to it for life. If you dropped it though, then well done - next step - your plat du vie, that self-hatred biggie.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71975
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from fatnhappy
Jun.17.2007
11:41PM EDT 
Email fatnhappy
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "geez im hungry ...I wonder ....no.......oh yeah........my foot still hurts....hmmmmmmmm.this screen is bright........the house is gettin cold....maybe I should turn off the a/c.......god I hate tv uhhhhhh.......what the.oh yeah "

"
.........I dont know John ? I was wearing these stupid flip flops and I think it screwed with my tendens in my right foot . Its all swollen and on the pinky toe side its all tender and it feels like its on fire when I step down . hmmmmm Thinking is just a bad case of tendentious ......its been five days af laying on the couch can hardly walk ......sux.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71988
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.18.2007
08:22AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line hugging
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71993
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.18.2007
01:22PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I hope she brought you an ice pack.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 71999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.18.2007
01:43PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Let her hug the other foot... good practice for what's coming.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72006
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.18.2007
09:43PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "geez im hungry ...I wonder ....no.......oh yeah........my foot still hurts....hmmmmmmmm.this screen is bright........the house is gettin cold....maybe I should turn off the a/c.......god I hate tv uhhhhhh.......what the.oh yeah "

"
.........I dont know John ? I was wearing these stupid flip flops and I think it screwed with my tendens in my right foot . Its all swollen and on the pinky toe side its all tender and it feels like its on fire when I step down . hmmmmm Thinking is just a bad case of tendentious ......its been five days af laying on the couch can hardly walk ......sux.
"

Seriously man, you need to go get that foot looked at. By a doc.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72020
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.18.2007
10:22PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72021
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.18.2007
10:23PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

ben

foot better?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72022
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA, 1905
by Odilon Redon
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s