history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Jul 30 2014 05:08AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The Zen Master Hoshin lived in China many years. Then he returned to the northeastern part of Japan, where he taught his disciples. When he was getting very old, he told them a story he had heard in China. This is the story: One year on... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: 'WHEN WE TRY TO CONTROL OTHERS IT IS S SIGNPOST OF OUR OWN DIS-EASE.'
vertical line Posted on Jun.20.2007 @ 04:00PM EDT by vfrvfr
'When we try to control others it is s signpost of our own dis-ease.'
Over the years I have run into many people that would like to control me.
Some say my posts are too long, others tell me I have no right to exist at all.
Recently one person told me the type I was using was too large. (I'm 54..so eyesight is going downhill.)
Others tell me I do not use 'I' enough.
Then the opposite group writes me that tell me I am an egomaniac because my posts contain too many 'I's"
I am not bound by such prejudice that these people exhibit.
When they let the 'length' of a post or 'type' size I use disturb them it says it all about their state of inner peace...nil.
When we try to control others it is s signpost of our own dis-ease.
If I see a post I do not like...I just go onto the next one.
Whenever we get upset with others, it is good to look at things in perspective of the 3 laws that govern us.

All humans answer to:

Man made law

Natural law

Divine law (for those that believe in the spiritual realm**)

Always remember, if a person's actions do not violate any of these laws, then it becomes more of a 'subjective question' of violation.

When likes and dislikes of actions become subjective, then, making demands on others without a firm foundation in the laws bases our decision in our ego.

As such, the general rule is:

Persons should seek to please themselves with their actions first before they please the ego's of others.
**for further discussion about spiritual or divine laws that govern us see:
'Every Atheist Serves Two Gods' at:
Take Care,

V (Male)
Agnostic Freethinker
Practical Philosopher
For free access to my earlier posts on voluntary simplicity, compulsive spending, debting, compulsive overeating and clutter write: vfr44@aol.com. Any opinion expressed here is that of my own and is not the opinion, recommendation or belief of any group or organization.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email vfrvfr
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.20.2007
04:21PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Could you write some longer posts please? I promise to control you in a nice way. Now get busy!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72062
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.20.2007
05:16PM EDT 
vertical line Is this what they call 'Dumbing Down'? I mean...for the love of all that is running into.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72064
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.20.2007
05:28PM EDT 
vertical line What happened to that guy's inner piece in pieces? Help him somebody. Help him. h e l p h I

m
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72066
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.20.2007
05:54PM EDT 
vertical line I need some more signposts and labels...yes and now I think about it I demand all the labels you have and then some more with signposts and thick sweet sauce running into over and down in oozy drips all over in a provocative manner, those huge 3D Roman capitals letter things.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72070
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.20.2007
06:08PM EDT 
vertical line I want to be controlled...on an I n t e r n e t t l e f o r u u m ....but fear not and Don't Worry I made contingency plans for the law of 'V'. What? What was that? The groups? What the others said? Seen a post they might like? Seen a post they don't like? Nil? Absolute? And? Utter? Shite?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72071
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.20.2007
08:02PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line If I laugh, it's his fault.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72074
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jun.20.2007
09:42PM EDT 
vertical line That's the shortest post I've seen V (male) write. Still too long to read though, I have attention desire disorder.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72081
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.20.2007
10:01PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Mee too, I can't even read all of boymonk's post. What'd he say? I just said that to be nice... I don't wanna know. I don't want to be any smarter, or more enlightened... sorry, but thanks. Where am I? I'd never ask... that "don't know mind" can be a real nonpleaser. I don't even like it, and don't care.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72082
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jun.21.2007
03:41AM EDT 
vertical line You don't even know what ADD is, woodpecker. And don't pretend that you read the OP, you'll just embareass yourself... again.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72085
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
06:02AM EDT 
vertical line Hey look at this > > Read my posts instead...

First Post
I write and I write and I write and I sacrifice and I give blood but nobody seems to care, nobody you hear? nobody knows that I know why the birds sing and why the sun rises everyday, every day you know? And how I could help you if only.....ah, nobody knows that I'm pure and unsullied totally...if you did you wouldn't treat me this way because I even have a recess set aside to sleep in...In the summertime and then in the winter I light a big fire and eat toast and marshmallow and wear wool closest to my skin...but nobody knows...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72086
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
06:21AM EDT 
vertical line Last post:
Opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily represent the views of the poster, unless otherwise indicated, but may be presented to increase awareness and/or to encourage respectful dialogue. Also, material re: posts does not necessarily imply endorsement by said poster or endorsement of Zengueitser observances, or any other Zengueitser etiquette observance, but may be presented for informational and research purposes. Also, the poster does not necessarily agree with all positionings of groups, whose views may or may not be, as the case may be, included or excluded.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72087
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
06:46AM EDT 
vertical line Last Post
Hi! I'm a Mr Man and I am 95 years old. Yes, I'm a 95 year old Mr Man with all the teeth and original balls....eyes. I walk and talk and pedal an exercise wheel late into the night on many and numerous occasionals. And you need to know something more about me! It's this...ok? Ok! Right! I will not be violated!! I refuse to acquiesce to any attempted violation. I am entire and full of law. Yes, call me old-fashioned, but well, there it is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72088
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Davidseon
Jun.21.2007
07:12AM EDT 
Email Davidseon
vertical line  Yes trying to control others is a signpost of our own dis-ease, and thank you for reminding me. One of the beauties of Buddhism is humility.   Sarcasm is easy, Humility is hard, but well worth the practice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72089
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
07:52AM EDT 
vertical line Hard for you. With or without justification easy-peasy. Remind me - what's the remedy cure for the dis-ease of false humility? As always, your comments and suggestions are very welcome.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72090
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
08:33AM EDT 
vertical line Oh-oh...symptoms. It's a hard life for some - you know it don't come easy with the symptoms...the kind that just show up overnight. You need to get to the doctor and quick. You need to get the doctor to prescribe prescription medicine for your neighbour. Your symptoms should then begin to ease within 1 - 2 hours. And you should feel completely at comfortable ease within 24 hours. But it is imperative that you continue to make sure your neighbour keeps taking the medicine.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72092
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
10:15AM EDT 
vertical line What's a freethinker? And can one be one and an agnostic one? Is the freethinker freer, more free, than the stingy, engaged and/or subservient, incarcerated, thinker, to think? Even freer to believe in the power wielded by these people in the groups and opposite groups? Freer to create images of these people and then get all upset because these people just do not fuflill the expectations invested in the image? Give me a sign because I think I need to be told, and soon.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72093
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jun.21.2007
01:10PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line

The idea of freedom is as another post discussed an idea of entitalments, there is nothing other than what is ????? what are we able to be free from (i mean what is there) the very searching of freedom is rebellion against notself. If i am not i why would i wish to differentiate from other stuff? Should i say if i believe i exist as seperate would not i want to constantly reafirm this by anouncing my freedom from the rest of things, people, stuff. By talking about this i am, we are!! It is a reafirmation of the connectedness otherwise how could we i you understand (not that i actually understand anything) I guess you might be able to be free from considering yourself not free.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72102
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
01:51PM EDT 
vertical line Maybe. Maybe not. Don't ask me. Ask him, the other guy on the other posts, the one who keeps feeding on the music and then passing himself off as a monkey.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72107
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
02:11PM EDT 
vertical line You'll not get nothing outa me. Nothing. Outa. Me. Oops outer.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72111
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jun.21.2007
02:24PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line

Righty-o, what would you be wanting to say come on spit it! i am listening, my attention is here

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72116
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
02:30PM EDT 
vertical line Spit it? Are you the difference between the sign and the post?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72117
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
02:34PM EDT 
vertical line 'tenshun!! You should read my other stuff. Read it Now. That's an order erasmus!! Hey, where'd erasmus come from?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72118
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
03:10PM EDT 
vertical line You're welcome. Are you deaf handy? Or just a challenge that for all intents and purposes does not exist?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72122
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.21.2007
04:17PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line you drink lots coffee, rustic?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72124
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
05:25PM EDT 
vertical line Are you asking me out on a date?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72126
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.21.2007
05:29PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I think not. And no, I don't want to date.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72127
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
05:36PM EDT 
vertical line
I can't date because I'm current.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72128
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.21.2007
06:19PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Are you asking me out on a date?"

hehe...no asking on a date...asking if drink lots coffee

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72130
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.21.2007
06:23PM EDT 
vertical line Oh I'm a naturally gifted tea drinker. Coffee's an ok too but not lots. I blame me and not the input, for this cross-pollinated and ambidextrous output.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72131
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.21.2007
06:50PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line aha...ok :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72134
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Pendragon
Jun.22.2007
12:08AM EDT 
Email Pendragon
vertical line Can't follow this.  Too many people have been put on IGNORE.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72138
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.22.2007
06:32AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

lol

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72139
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.22.2007
07:49AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Can't follow this.  Too many people have been put on IGNORE."

He can't follow this because he's an IGNORAMUS. That's why he is compelled, driven, to say to his IGNOREES. "can't follow this I'm an IGNORAMUS". A particularly nasty affliction, this dis-ease is self-inflicted and affects millions of ordinary ordinaries every day. IGNORAMITUS is no respecter of class or creed. It's the scientifcally, medically and horticulturally aknowledged silent killer and the recognised cause of all neighbour-boundary-hedge-disputes, mental breakdowns, car breakdowns, humour breakdowns, physical illness breakdowns, cruelty (animal, vegetable and mineral), humiliations, deceits, self-denials, lies, hatred, self-loathings, wars, general mayhem and discord (add anything else I left out), in the absolute and utter universe ever and beyond, from the beginning of all recorded time, now and ever shall be.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72140
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.22.2007
04:43PM EDT 
vertical line Whine, whine.. /:)

"If you agree with everyone, to what use art thou?"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72144
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.22.2007
05:31PM EDT 
vertical line Who'll be the coffee to my currant bun?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72156
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.23.2007
02:01PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line China.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72177
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.23.2007
03:41PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line It's not an offer... it a fact. God, as object? Or offering? It is like... walking on the Son.
It's not cryptic. It's just foreign.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 72178
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA, MAE CHAN, THAILAND
by Mark Standen
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s