history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Dec 22 2014 07:03AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The exquisite Shunkai whose other name was Suzu was compelled to marry against her wishes when she was quite young. Later, after this marriage had ended, she attended the university, where she studied philosophy. To see Shunkai was to fall... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE RAW SHARK TEXT
vertical line Posted on Aug.16.2007 @ 10:46AM EDT by stephen

"Geniuses don't go mad," he said. "That's what people don't understand. They get out so far out that the water is like glass and they can see for miles and see so much, and in ways people have never seen before. They go out over such depths, down down down and down, and some of them get taken. Something rushes up out of their thoughts, from the insides of their own heads and through the act of looking and the thinking itself - because the deep blue is in there too, do you understand? And it takes them."

By Steven Hall,  The Raw Shark Text

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email stephen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.16.2007
11:15AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

shark... when I awoke ...on the table this morning was a model of a shark...where you could see the insides of... my daughter was taking it to work to glue a peice on for her son...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73551
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.16.2007
11:22AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

do you tease me?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73552
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from stephen
Aug.16.2007
11:29AM EDT 
Email stephen
vertical line

Emptiness is the deep blue. It might be that we hard wired (DNA speaking) for spiritual quests. Lord Buddha understood this. He suggests that we apply some discipline to our travels. Purification, preparation and single minded compassion are the swimming rules.

Others swim at their own risk. MU

And as always beware the undertow!!!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73554
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.16.2007
05:55PM EDT 
vertical line eeee eeee eeee eeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Q] Which Lord Buddha?

A] The Lord Buddha who is not a Buddhist [who, under cover of darkness, abandoned his family], is The Lord Christ Jesus [who, spoke rudely to his mum and dad in public (especially his mum)], is not a Christian.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73565
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from HarryB
Aug.16.2007
06:06PM EDT 
vertical line

I know several geniuses, I suspect we all do. Some geniuses can express themselves, unrecognised, through the most seemingly trivial things.

Some have the burden of realsing what they can, or could, do, trying to catch their geni in a bottle. Some breeze through what they do like an interested stranger who has stumbled on a wonderful hidden gallery.

Regards,

Harry. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73568
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from HarryB
Aug.16.2007
07:31PM EDT 
vertical line

... and maybe more are a mix of both.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 73572
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN IRIS
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s