history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Jul 22 2014 09:22AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One should not imagine oneself to be one with the eye or
independent of it or the owner of it.
The same with ear and all the other senses, including the mind.
Nor should one imagine oneself to be identical with the world or
contained... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: RIGHT VIEW
vertical line Posted on Oct.01.2007 @ 03:25PM EDT by boymonk
What do you think is the essence of right view?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
03:59PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Put that behind your ear.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74981
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
04:16PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hey baby, what's that behind them Foster Grants?  Not who... Oh, it's government subsidy. Open wide... nice nursie woods is gonna put you in two, room # 2..

I think I just sinned, in some other life, which is usually the case, for a nurse, otherwise I'd be a banker...  and sin more often.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74982
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
04:19PM EDT 
vertical line Earwax? uh, I no think so.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74983
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.01.2007
04:28PM EDT 
vertical line No, chewing gum off course..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74984
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
04:32PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Who's afaid of chewing gum... a dental do not,
                                                                                   ,                         '
                                                                                    '                  '  .
                                                                                         '                       '
                                                                                                      '
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74985
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
04:39PM EDT 
vertical line Gum? uh, I no think so.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74986
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
04:45PM EDT 
vertical line How many goes at this do they get before you say what you think?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74987
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
04:51PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Aren't you listening? What?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74988
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
04:52PM EDT 
vertical line Goes? uh, I no... you know the rest.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74989
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
04:53PM EDT 
vertical line That's what you think.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74990
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
04:57PM EDT 
vertical line Think? ... :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74992
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
05:04PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah it's your boy-product. Now, essence, you were thinking...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74994
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
05:09PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Where's Rory?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74995
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
05:17PM EDT 
vertical line With us in spirit.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 74997
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
05:28PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line The view that comes through is a dream, not real, until you learn to harness it. The mind is a raging river, just listen to the news, breaking us down. But then it gets tiresome, the same old noise, becomes irritating.

Quiet becomes the norm, one settles down, and does less, to impress. The needs for food, sex, distractions of all kinds, dwindle, and one faces a great divide, in one's self, unless one becomes truth itself.

Truth is what you have, without the noise of anger, without the voice trying to lift a rock, in defense of an idea, or externally placed ideal.

One looks up, at everyone, everything.

So rocks that were formerly used for causing injury, become relics, of the past, and oneness gets rid of the past, through healing it, dropping memories that cause pain, with gentleness, and quiet.

But, this is just me talking, sometimes, I don't need to say anything, and just see things as they are around me, without having to change O, in looking into my larger self, which has grown out of denial, the denial of suffering, caused by pleasure, the pleasure to please others, or myself, as isn't one.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75000
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
05:32PM EDT 
vertical line WebJaw WebJaw...see me, feel me, and the rest of the **me as I really really am. Can you do that Chuck? Can ya? huh? huh?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75001
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
05:38PM EDT 
vertical line Truth is without presumptions, I presume?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75003
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
05:42PM EDT 
vertical line Ok-ok-ok, now that we've proved how light and empty we are, time to get heavy and full. I'm think'n the essence of right view is... oh, I don't know.... howz about... uh, wait a sec, phone ringing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75004
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
05:45PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line You can't presume anything, until you ask. Otherwise, you wouldn't ask. I mean, a person, with eyes open, laying on a stretcher, is laying there for a reason. I assume they want some rest from whatever put them there. But assumptions are short-lived,  or never looked at. I assume I am on earth to live, for a reason. But I am more than what I believe, or can figure out in my little rational mind. There is a much bigger thing going on, at all times.

We are connected to everyone, we just have to stop the fight, and reconsider one another, as we are in, one another, have been, will always stay, until this is seen, then we can let go. Like we let go of anger, greed... all the lies, of who we are not, no longer limited by.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75005
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
05:50PM EDT 
vertical line I'm always going to be broken down, stretched apart, mashed up, pulped, imperceptibly - who isn't? But my dream is no more real or truthful than your dream. You exist only because I create you, in my dream, I make you up as I go along. And vice-versa. I live in a nation of liars, a world of lying - this dream of you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75006
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
05:59PM EDT 
vertical line Now, I'm being called downstairs 'Paul. . . P A U LLL!!...(I'm upstairs in this study), 'Ok, ok'. . . I'm wanted, downstairs. I have to go, downstairs.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75007
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
06:16PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Right  and wrong views are not opposites, as being separated by denial. Don't get me started on non-existence. You go with what calls you., "hello, this is John." (sync?). But viewing anything is passive, no words to flower the thing up, to better it, because we live in a very nonverbal world, and make eye contact as a means of connecting to being one, without being the force of change, without having any needs, other than the basics, and then... well it's view again. I rise up as in view, the written word is viewed. If I have a wrong view, it will change, easier without words to justify on bended knee, or bottom.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75008
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.01.2007
06:45PM EDT 
vertical line prrrr... prrrr... prrrr... :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75009
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
06:51PM EDT 
vertical line Ah, right and wrong views - see? - I didn't realise the question was about right and wrong views.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75010
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
06:52PM EDT 
vertical line Trying to connect you... . . . . . ............ . .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75011
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.01.2007
07:00PM EDT 
vertical line . . . . . .... . . . . .. .please leave a message after the tone. . . . ..... . . . . . . .... .. ._______________________________
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75012
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
07:36PM EDT 
vertical line Alrighty then! We've got a "we can let go" from the woodman. Can I get a whoop whoop? plz?

Anywho, anyone else for a presumed essence?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75013
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.01.2007
08:35PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line I'm right here. How are all of you doing. Right View. It's with the eyes of compassion, to see things for the first time just as they are. To be apart of all you see. To give kindness , love peace, careing, to grow from all you see. Give love to the right view. If you see it as a wrong view it will bring evil. Right View is just as it sayes, Right view, see it all with a open heart. Hay boymonk & all how are you. RORY
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75014
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2007
08:47PM EDT 
vertical line To employ an old childhood saying, hay is for horses. :) But I'm fine, thanks for ask'n. You?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75016
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.01.2007
09:46PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I'm right here. How are all of you doing. Right View. It's with the eyes of compassion, to see things for the first time just as they are. To be apart of all you see. To give kindness , love peace, careing, to grow from all you see. Give love to the right view. If you see it as a wrong view it will bring evil. Right View is just as it sayes, Right view, see it all with a open heart. Hay boymonk & all how are you. RORY"

You are right, right up to compassion. Rest is wrong. You are not giving me a headache...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75019
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
10:13PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Ok, I was wrong, was is sin, was bad, got sick and died... then there was that terrible deer fly incident. It was habit I tell you. Just "wack!" and now he's dead. How did I know he was goin' to be on the road? Wait a minute? These are not my stories! I was speaking from theory, not in real person! So, the fly still lives! He's right over there, on the crucifix. Lucky them Jesus's hands are nailed down. Or he'd be a swatter too. Wait a minute! Oh yeah, they're still nailed down. Phew! For a second there I thought it was comin' off the tree. Maybe it's from there that it looks that way, ta me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75020
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.01.2007
10:30PM EDT 
vertical line Oh, there you are Woodsi!:) Come give g`old Nibbler a hug!:) Cooome an, don`t be shy!
There is just not enough love on this forum, come oon snozi cozi!:) You too RORY, biiiiig whomsie clomsie hug! LOVE YA ALL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75021
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
10:59PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Hey, I was born in Levanger. So, ah, if ya hug me, reach up, shorty.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75022
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2007
11:12PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Jus wanted you to have the right view of me, from down there, cream pie.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75023
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
08:50AM EDT 
vertical line I can beat that if I want. With wings. And thoughts - a product of the right view.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75025
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.02.2007
01:54PM EDT 
vertical line Generally speaking, right view consists of an understanding of the Four Nobel Truths, which are:

1. The Nature of Dukkha: Suffering exists in life.
2. The Origin of Dukkha (Samudaya): Suffering is caused by craving.
3. The Cessation of Dukkha (Nirodha): To eliminate suffering, eliminate craving.
4. The Way Leading to the Cessation of Dukkha (Magga): To eliminate craving follow the Eightfold Path.

However, right view also consist of more in depth philosophical ideas, such as: not-self doctrine, impermanence, dependent origination, the five aggregates, karma and rebirth.

So, if all this can be distilled down what would remain?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75029
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
01:58PM EDT 
vertical line Religion.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75030
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.02.2007
04:01PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Generally speaking, right view consists of an understanding of the Four Nobel Truths, which are:

1. The Nature of Dukkha: Suffering exists in life.
2. The Origin of Dukkha (Samudaya): Suffering is caused by craving.
3. The Cessation of Dukkha (Nirodha): To eliminate suffering, eliminate craving.
4. The Way Leading to the Cessation of Dukkha (Magga): To eliminate craving follow the Eightfold Path.

However, right view also consist of more in depth philosophical ideas, such as: not-self doctrine, impermanence, dependent origination, the five aggregates, karma and rebirth.

So, if all this can be distilled down what would remain?
"

Dukkha.. I`m no expert in Pali, but I`ve understood that Dukkha translated as suffering is not accurate, what path would you follow to avoid the suffering of being whacked into a bloody pulp by some giant bamboo stick? Dukkha.. unsatisfactoriness or something?..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75041
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.02.2007
04:11PM EDT 
vertical line (Levanger?? U poor thing! Then U have a mustache and normally wear a red shirt with a black leather west I supppose?)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75042
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Oct.02.2007
04:23PM EDT 
vertical line

the right view is seeing just as it is
without applying concepts and intellectual understanding
the view of original, unborn mind

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75043
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
04:30PM EDT 
vertical line Who's next? I already said that, that - what he said but I said it in a question. How many more ways are there of saying what this right view is - this right view that only makes Buddha sense? It's a right view by numbers - a right view that don't mean a thing if you never heard about Buddhising.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75045
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.02.2007
04:34PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

"

By "unborn mind" you must mean a mind without craving, as craving causes suffering and an unborn mind doesn't suffer, does it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75048
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
04:36PM EDT 
vertical line No, what he means is what you mean - what you heard about from someone else, either by word of mouth or in a book, or on tv, or a film, or the internet &c.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75049
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
05:01PM EDT 
vertical line "the view of original, unborn mind" = "applying concepts and intellectual understanding"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75052
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.02.2007
05:59PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line You all have done your home work. Thats right view to . To see an learn from applying are self to the understanding of what we see an want to learn. To give of are self in the present momnent. To know it and share it with others. Your whole additude on life. your out put, faith, likes and diss likes or all in Right view of who you are and ever will be in the life you live. Love you all  RORY
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75053
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.02.2007
06:49PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "No, what he means is... "

Talk'n bout presumptuous, huh, Oh Lordy!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75057
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.02.2007
06:57PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Enjoy, Enjoy,Enjoy,       Right  View at it's best. Have a smooth day.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75058
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
06:58PM EDT 
vertical line No, not presumptuous, just insightful, the meaning, the concepts and the intellectual understanding in plain view, there for all to see.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75059
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.02.2007
07:01PM EDT 
vertical line I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make it even more obvious.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75060
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.02.2007
08:41PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah, me too.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75062
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.02.2007
08:48PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Yeah, uh huh. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75063
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.02.2007
08:54PM EDT 
vertical line Em hum. :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75064
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.02.2007
08:55PM EDT 
vertical line pre–sum–p–tuous! hehe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75065
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.02.2007
10:48PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line The love of one other. and understanding of RIGHT VIEW. Give that man a prize.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75066
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lionel
Oct.03.2007
07:08AM EDT 
Email Lionel

"

"

Hi, fine, ...but isn't it right view still view of concept? Can we say seeing just as seeing, also still a concept? Can unborn mind be expressed at all? Isn't it, once expressed, it is already conceptive, SIR? Am listening! Thanks!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75067
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.03.2007
07:55AM EDT 
vertical line squish squish. . . .where did that elbow come from and how the hellfire did it get in my ear? Wait a seconder, there's a finger on the end jabbing my bloody eyes out....that's what I want to know squish . . . . . . mmmmnnnnnnffffffffff
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75068
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.03.2007
12:45PM EDT 
vertical line I suppose it would be simpler to ask what is wrong view around these parts of the woods, being it the thicket of thieves and all.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75075
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.03.2007
01:01PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line oh
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75077
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.03.2007
01:54PM EDT 
vertical line You suppose eh? Wrong view is side on view is rear view mirror is nothing to do with concept of right view.

Verily he say unto you, today you shall be with him in paradise.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75079
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.03.2007
01:56PM EDT 
vertical line See. :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75080
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.03.2007
02:09PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah look out!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75082
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.03.2007
02:16PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line h
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75084
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.03.2007
02:30PM EDT 
vertical line i
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75088
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.03.2007
02:31PM EDT 
vertical line there
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75089
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.03.2007
02:32PM EDT 
vertical line
l
e
h
i
s
h
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75090
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from gebhart099
Oct.03.2007
08:54PM EDT 
Email gebhart099
vertical line " Relatively speaking, there are right views and there are wrong views. But if we look more deeply, we see that all views are wrong views. No view can ever be the truth. It is just from one point; that is why it is called a " point of view." If we go to another point, we will see things differently and realize that our first view was not entirely right. Buddhism is not a collection of views. It is a practice to help us eliminate wrong views. The quality of our views can always be improved. From the viewpoint of ultimate reality, Right View is the absence of all views. "    from The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh   
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75097
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.03.2007
09:18PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line B+
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75100
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.03.2007
11:44PM EDT 
Email lehish
l
e
h
i
s
h

"

"

:)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75107
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.04.2007
12:53AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "" Relatively speaking, there are right views and there are wrong views.    "

We've aleady covered this!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75109
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.04.2007
12:55AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: ""Right View is the absence of all views.""

You mean relatively speaking of course!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75110
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
02:57AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line any view is view
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75111
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.04.2007
06:38AM EDT 
vertical line So, so. No fighting kids!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75112
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
07:34AM EDT 
vertical line Ahem.....right I cut & pasted this from a [Buddhist] site called, yep can you believe it? - "The Big View".....anyway somebody published all the numbered rights up to 8, with 5 Mindfulnesses and 10 Precepts and 4 Noble Truths, [if you're looking for the 10 Commandments you'll have to look elsewhere]...and this is that Right View:

1. Right View

Right view is the beginning and the end of the path, it simply means to see and to understand things as they really are and to realise the Four Noble Truth. As such, right view is the cognitive aspect of wisdom. It means to see things through, to grasp the impermanent and imperfect nature of worldly objects and ideas, and to understand the law of karma and karmic conditioning. Right view is not necessarily an intellectual capacity, just as wisdom is not just a matter of intelligence. Instead, right view is attained, sustained, and enhanced through all capacities of mind. It begins with the intuitive insight that all beings are subject to suffering and it ends with complete understanding of the true nature of all things. Since our view of the world forms our thoughts and our actions, right view yields right thoughts and right actions.

Right? ok let's proceed....

but remember this is before, that is, before breakfast, ok.....

Sleep is involved, oh yes, sleep, 'The Sleep' to be more rightly precise and accurate and not to put too fine a particular point on it and dreams. And people say, ok, what do you mean? what dreams? and for the sake of argument, how do I know when I've woken from my sleep, or 'The Sleep' if you insist...I mean, they say, how do I know that I haven't woken up into another sleep? - You 'get' the 'gist'?

Well, as the bucket said to the water, The Sleeping is you and me, and him and her, it and them and us. Death's in there too in lots of pieces. That's The Sleep dreaming. So, dreams are no less real than anything else, indeed, real dreams are good - they can help the me wake from my sleep, the sleep of separation. The awake doesn't then act mechanically, as if there is no separation between the mes and yous, but cannot see separation - this is right view. Has suffering disappeared in your view? In my view...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75116
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
07:56AM EDT 
vertical line ....essence, now essence...requires a distillation process producing vapour which condenses as spirit...like fat and oil gets rendered down and soup reduces to sauce....which is remindful reminding today did I remember to plan yesterday what I intend to be doing tomorrow...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75117
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
07:57AM EDT 
vertical line ...no, phew...it's ok, I'm just hungry.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75118
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
08:37AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

hehehe

any view is view

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75121
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
08:50AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "The Big View"..... "

were tbv and didn't respond to the question smurf posted? ;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75124
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
09:09AM EDT 
vertical line This is the site:

http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html

hmmm....not aware of tbv [forum] until now - sahyo?

pipersong?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75125
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
09:20AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75126
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Oct.04.2007
12:46PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: " the right view is seeing just as it is
"

Hi, fine, ...but isn't it right view still view of concept? Can we say seeing just as seeing, also still a concept? Can unborn mind be expressed at all? Isn't it, once expressed, it is already conceptive, SIR? Am listening! Thanks!"

"

You are right. Whenever we say a word we already give birth to a world of presentations. So that a view we can talk about is not the right view any more. The Tao you can name is not the real Tao.

I like how Bankei was explaining the Unborn to an assembly of monks.  He said that the proof that they all already have the Unborn mind innately is that, while attentively listening to him talk, they can all still hear the cawing of crows, the chirping of sparrows or the rustling of the wind going on in the background.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75134
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
12:49PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line ah
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75137
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.04.2007
01:32PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Has suffering disappeared in your view? In my view...

"

The essence of right view is the absence of suffering... uh, I no think so. :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75144
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
01:56PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line could there be no words for right veiw..though can be put to words...because ..see-feeling...cannot be in words..yet.. in words too indeed...if you stand on right and wrong... no... there is none but so indeed... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have felt this topic..out inside but know not what...and could seefeel it... but I have nothing to write about it... but this
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75147
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
01:58PM EDT 
vertical line I am a question - I don't do answers..you should know by now. However, you want answers? Bankei? Or a post-mortem? The blind-man knows Bankei by the sound of his voice. Same thing? Then you need look no further than that which you are responding to. The moment you begin you're at the end.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75148
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
02:00PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line I did indeed ask..why no one gave any answers...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75149
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
02:01PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line "I am a question".......rrrrrrrrrrrrrr
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75150
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
02:08PM EDT 
vertical line "rrrrrrrrrr"?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75152
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
02:14PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line the rrr of no words... no explanation...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75154
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
02:15PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Has suffering disappeared in your view? In my view...

"

The essence of right view is the absence of suffering... uh, I no think so. :)
"

No? uh duh duh duh a wella wella wella....I asked "has suffering disappeared in your view?" in context of being awake or if you like it this way better - in awareness. You no think so? - you no think so. Do you know someone who know so?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75156
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
02:23PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "I have felt this topic..out inside but know not what...and could seefeel it... but I have nothing to write about it... but this"

that's a view

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75162
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
02:25PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line from where?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75164
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
02:31PM EDT 
vertical line of what?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75169
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.04.2007
02:33PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line ?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75173
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
03:22PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "from where?"

look

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75177
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.04.2007
05:02PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line To lQQk in side ones heart an view what you see. To shear with others your viewings on how we all can help one other free or selfs of suffering. To give love & compassion,kindness,. To all liveing things. To be one in sprit with your self & life. My Right View live on for every. Like a shadow that wont leave us. Love is topic so much, thank you all.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75179
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
06:02PM EDT 
vertical line I'm fading out of view.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75185
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
06:21PM EDT 
vertical line Faders are on and I'm writing a New Biography of Satan in which I intend to rehabilitate God's reputation. Chapter 1: Making Inroads Into Original Sin....Mwha ha HA HA AHA......er AHA? Ok, who made a noise?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75189
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
06:24PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

tea ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75190
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
06:27PM EDT 
vertical line Drinking rice-milk cocoa and eating toast.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75192
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
06:29PM EDT 
vertical line 'scuse me
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75193
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2007
06:35PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Drinking rice-milk cocoa and eating toast."

weren't typing ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75194
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.04.2007
06:41PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah, all simultaneous while standing on one leg and writing a book - oh and then had to wash my hands.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75196
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.04.2007
07:05PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Love'ya love'ya What nice postings. Tea anyone?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75200
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.04.2007
10:39PM EDT 
vertical line Been a most productive day, finally got my ass together and started digging myself out of my financial mess.
During last 24H I`ve managed to cough up 5500kr missing dues on my loan, and got acceptance and sent invoice for 15.000 to a client due for payment by todays date. And even made some visible progress on their project.

I`m quite good when my parents get a letter from the bank telling them that they're nimwit son has not responded or made any down payment on the loan they guaranteed for...

Wonder how my life would have been if I could just get someone to follow me around with a gun, totally ready to kill me if I did not do the right thing... Hmmm..

Oh, an hour ago I even found by chance some project files I thought were destroyed months ago, stopping any further progress with a new client.

I`ve been real lucky lately...

Oh, I`ve tried to be real good to, as in being gentle to myself and others. Tried being truthful and clear cut in emotions and thinking when relating to the world.

I see luck as a good sign of doing something right, right views?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75202
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.04.2007
11:02PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I see luck as a good sign of doing something right, right views?"

Uh, me no think so... Have some RORY tea! :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75203
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.04.2007
11:22PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Love'ya that was good to read. Hay sib. hang in there life is good. just be good to your self. And look it's only money. Very good boymonk.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75204
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.05.2007
02:27AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "I see luck as a good sign of doing something right, right views?"

Uh, me no think so... Have some RORY tea! :)
"

ok
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75205
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.05.2007
07:15AM EDT 
vertical line Oh yeah baby...it's californication - it's a seller, it's sweet and wet...it's a c r a v i n g...um no drink, er no think, who blink? heh? duh doh dohsie doh...heh uuuuuurrrrrp.....PTOOF!...P T O O F!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75206
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.05.2007
08:23AM EDT 
vertical line News from Nowhere - my mum just phoned to tell me she has breast cancer.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75207
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.05.2007
09:07AM EDT 
vertical line nibs - what projects are you working on? What do you do for your clients?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75208
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.05.2007
02:34PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

Quote: "News from Nowhere - my mum just phoned to tell me she has breast cancer. "

sorry to hear that...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75217
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.05.2007
02:49PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh

Quote: "from where?"

look

"

"

but I was a part of it..seeingfeelingoutsideinside ? being?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75218
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.05.2007
02:50PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line how would I say where...when placing the foot inside the shoe? understand?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75219
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.05.2007
03:58PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "how would I say where...when placing the foot inside the shoe? understand?"

didn't ask to you to say but you did anyway ;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75223
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.05.2007
06:36PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line I will put love & compassion in sprit for your mom. To be free of her suffer. Right view is knowing are parsents. Be there for her is the best I can tell you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75227
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.05.2007
06:54PM EDT 
vertical line :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75230
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Oct.05.2007
09:04PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Your very welcome.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75237
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.06.2007
04:34PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "nibs - what projects are you working on? What do you do for your clients?"

I call myself graphical designer, i make 3Danimasjon for offshore, web pages, brochures, posters, and all kind of different marketing related work for companies.
Right now I`m mainly working for a company called NTOS, updating and improving the website and 3D presentation movie I made for them.

Also finishing a web design for a friend`s netshop, and finishing off a communication chart that is suppose to be a manual/ project guide of how the different aspects of the company relates to each other.

Why do you ask?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75241
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.06.2007
06:51PM EDT 
vertical line Coz Ism s toopid.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75250
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.07.2007
10:59AM EDT 
vertical line Thats alright, i`m stupid too.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75256
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from gebhart099
Oct.10.2007
08:49PM EDT 
Email gebhart099
vertical line Quote: "Quote: ""Right View is the absence of all views.""

You mean relatively speaking of course!
"
......... When Thich Nhat Hanh says that we can always improve the quality of our views, he is speaking in terms of relative truth. When he says that Right View is the absence of all views, he is speaking in terms of absolute truth. Zen mind is said to be empty mind. Empty of what? Everything, including views. What is Nirvana? The extinction of all concepts i.e. views.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75425
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Oct.10.2007
09:19PM EDT 
vertical line Thich Nhat Hanh is talking about ideas. Like when he talks about God and the Trinity, he is pointing at awareness in the realising human being.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75435
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Oct.10.2007
10:39PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "could there be no words for right veiw..though can be put to words...because ..see-feeling...cannot be in words..yet.. in words too indeed...if you stand on right and wrong... no... there is none but so indeed... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have felt this topic..out inside but know not what...and could seefeel it... but I have nothing to write about it... but this"

Would it help if I just said yes, but forget the thought of "putting whatever into words", cause this tread can never be anything else than a little interesting, mostly funny or downright boring since the "question" is meaningless, absurd. And we`d all just end up trying to describe a certain feeling, or mood, whatever, that we think associates with "this topic". And in writing this bullshit I`Ive postponed working by at least some worthwhile moments and even bothered to read the long "dictionary" postings. F*ck heaven tomorrow, hell, heaven, who cares, this is zen. And, eh... I`m ranting ain't am? I`ve found a pencil, that`ll work. Just poke myself insanely in the arm if I don`t work, just as when I tried to stay awake during lectures before! I`m a genius!:) Gotta GO!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75440
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.11.2007
12:59AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "What is Nirvana? The extinction of all concepts i.e. views."

Uh, me no think so... Nirvana is the Samsara! hehe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 75443
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA, 1905
by Odilon Redon
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s