history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Oct 23 2014 05:57PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Find a place where you are alone and train yourself
in this way:

When you breathe in, experience breathing in.
When you breathe out, be fully conscious that
you are breathing out.
If you cherish and practice... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: MASTER OF THE ZENDO
vertical line Posted on Dec.26.2007 @ 05:21AM EDT by asheera

Please listen to Chontri.  He is the Master of your Zendo, and he is most deserving of your attention and humility.  He is post-satori, and he is trying to help you to attain understanding too.

Many of you are well read, but that will only serve as a starting point.  The things that Chontri says are things you can meditate on.  Only the experience of meditation can further you along the way.

I know of two others from here who are post-satori also, and we agree that Chontri is a Master.  Only those who have understanding can see it in others.  But we rarely come here, or post here.  We find it futile, as we generally only get ridicule for our trouble.  But Chontri does not give up so easily.

There is a part of you that does not want to succeed, because to succeed is to lose everything.  Look for the deeper meanings in Chontri's posts, through meditation, and hopefully he will help you to overcome the hold your ego has on you, and help you to attain understanding.  The word satori means, in Japanese, 'Understanding'.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email asheera
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Dec.26.2007
07:42AM EDT 
vertical line Masters don't get hurt by answers to their posts
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77352
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Dec.26.2007
08:39AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

asheera, did read this post?

Posted on Dec.12.2007 @ 06:41AM EDT by chontri

There is the one,

If someone comes to him with anger, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will talk together be in peace.

If someone comes to him with greed, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will share together in peace.

If someone comes to him with ignorance, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will live together in peace.

If someone comes to him with light or enlightenment, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will live together in harmony.

If someone comes to him with darkness or delusion, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will live together in peace.

If someone comes to him with knowledge or experience, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will live together in peace.

If someone comes to him with love or hate, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will be together in peace..

If someone comes to him with dirt or trash, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will be clean and clear together.

If someone comes to him with a blue sky, he will recognize that and put it aside, then that person and him will walk together on the road right in front of them.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77353
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
12:03PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

I read something similiar this morning..in the book, "Not Always So".. by Suzuki Roshi..did you read it?

what is your trouble? you are we right?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77357
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.26.2007
01:01PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I live in the woods, and hospitals.

and say nothing negative about the in-laws
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77360
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
01:06PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line and say always positive about the out-laws  :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77361
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.26.2007
01:59PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line just silence, as if water over a cliff
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77367
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.26.2007
03:20PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line but at the bottom, well... real quiet
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77369
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Dec.26.2007
03:29PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "

I read something similiar this morning..in the book, "Not Always So".. by Suzuki Roshi..did you read it?

what is your trouble? you are we right?

"

"

what are you suggesting?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77372
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
05:09PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line nothing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77373
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Dec.26.2007
05:18PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

so what were asking?

Quote: "Quote: "

what is your trouble? you are we right?"

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
05:32PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line I wondered whos eye saw with, if we wore one pair of glasses? and whos words were used.. I wondered why it was sooooo much like that what I had just read not long ago... I wondered if included self in "we" why "we" gave up and what is futile?what ridicule for whos trouble? I wonder !
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77375
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
05:39PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line I must have been asking wonder....    hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77378
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.26.2007
05:40PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line or do you think wonder was asking me?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77379
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.26.2007
05:49PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line One can't create what's already there. Or shouldn't have to. So I don't.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77380
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.26.2007
07:28PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line

Ms Asheera,

You missed your words here.  This forum is not a Zendo at all.  It is just a website page that Mr Alan created and offered to anyone who'd like to come to do some conversations with friends who get the same interest.  ChonTri is one of those people.  He doesn't have any intention to do anything else.  As he said several times: Here no one is teacher or master or guru...no one is pupil or student or follower...at all. 

If you or anyone else would like to find someone and make him or her as a Master, it's up to you all.  ChonTri has nothing to do with it.  As he read on this thread he saw someone who should qualify for that position because he knows what is the qualification for a Master:  "Masters don't get hurt by answers to posts," he said.

ChonTri is not a tree or a stone, therefore, when someone posts his or her words, he would read them and answer them if he'd like.  Sometimes, some of his words sound strong and might hurt someone but he might not know.   When saw someone got hurt and pain, he might feel the same.

By the way, he hope that there will be no one trying to the same thing like this to him.

Take care,

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77389
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.26.2007
07:36PM EDT 
Email chontri

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

ChonTri would like to see what are the words you say you read them this morning from the book, "Not Always So" by Suzuki.  Could you scan the pages that holds those words and post them so people and ChonTri can read them?  This is the first time for him to hear the title of the book as you mentioned. 

Or any of you have the book can help too.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77390
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.26.2007
10:51PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line

Quote: "Masters don't get hurt by answers to their posts"
Mr -----0,

With those words of yours, you qualify for the position of Master of the Zendo, and they will make you Master of the Zendo very soon.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77394
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.27.2007
12:24AM EDT 
vertical line Chontri a master? Cool:) Now I`m gonna stick to him like a mosquito! We`ll see what breaks first, his heart in causing my focus away or his ego in it`s delight of love and whorship. Or maybe totally f*ck him over with a koan and... Naaah, just kidding. Nice to meet U chontri, just ignore u`r fans, its of theire choosing, not you`rs:)

I rather say we are all masters and students here.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77396
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Dec.27.2007
07:13AM EDT 
vertical line Oh bloody nora - it's all so clear now. It's like looking at uselesa munchbunch bunch of bunchers discussing who wants to be whos next meal - you want to be food? Ok, you're already food. And, wow, excuser me..."post-satori" post-asheera, post-posters, post-posting, post-zenguide - good grief, it's like listening to a flock of greedy rumours slavering about which muppet isn't enlightened.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77397
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Dec.27.2007
07:25AM EDT 
vertical line It seems to me like somebody from another planet is asking if it's ok to visit - they've been here before, but this is the first time in aeons - I'm pretty sure I heard something say that in an early episode of StarTrek.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77399
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Dec.27.2007
07:31AM EDT 
vertical line Anyway, death to all masters and do-gooders with belief systems and theories who agree that they don't like ridicule and er a pox on all your zendos and er. . . . that's it. See you, it's been fun.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77400
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.27.2007
12:12PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

ChonTri would like to see what are the words you say you read them this morning from the book, "Not Always So" by Suzuki.  Could you scan the pages that holds those words and post them so people and ChonTri can read them?  This is the first time for him to hear the title of the book as you mentioned. 

"

"

bright light... I see a bright light....and you mention scanning as I vaguely recall something of a conversation of how I did not have one.. just yesterday..or something of that nature..but I have a marker on the last page I read and can find the words if you like and can type them out. this will have to wait I'm afraid, I'll be ?away for a bit... end of year sesshin and jolly making and all   :) see you soon

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77409
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Dec.27.2007
12:17PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line my cousin dies yesterday.. in the night I look out in the pain and wonder why so much pain... it made no sense to feel so much..or at all... and then the phone rings...I place my hands into soft fists and feel the movement between and the calmness through the body... close my mouth and even more so... anyway...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77410
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.28.2007
09:52AM EDT 
vertical line Inspector Midgets voice came trough the line.

-"We need you`re help Lynnoh, this is a job for you`re detective skills!
Lynnoh did not answer at first, she calmly took a deep inhale of the Cuban cigar she got from Tony axe.

A nervous voice in the other end.
-"Ms. Lynnoh? Are you there?"

Lynnoh exhaled a deep puff of smoke as she anwered.
-"Ok, but it will cost ya."

-"Listen, I got the mayor all over my ass, and I can`t afford to pay you more than the usual hour fee plus
expenses. And after the clean up on the Manhattan incident our black budget is as good as empty and.."

Lynnoh took a new deep puff of the cigar, crushed it in the ashtray as she interrupted the police chief.
-"Listen you overfeed piece of swine. I know what you guys are really pulling in each month at the down town district. I am hanging up now. And if I ever hear from you again, it is either because you`ve decided to triple the pay, or because you have decided to commit suicide and want to let me in on the good news!
U fu*king insult me you piece of shit, it`s about time the mayor elect someone competent for you`re position anyway!"

And with that she hung up.

Calmly she leaned over to the bottom drawer, and pulled out a fresh bottle of Jack Daniels bourbon.
Calmly she fished a glass from the shelf, and pured herself a drink as she waited. Would not take long
now, she thought to herself. A minute maybe, no more than two.

She picked up the cigar from the ashtray, and lit it again.

And here the writer enters the story with news about this story is a rather poor continuance of the above posting and an unlikely unfolding of events as they really unfolded. Thou, it might very well be exact, might very well be. Who knows.

Anyhow, the writer is tired of writing this nonsense and will let it be up to the reader to decide that the continuance of this story will let Lynnoh be waiting impatiently by the phone, growing more and more nervous, before regretting being so mean to Inspector Widget, whom incidentally has changed name during this story. Just to end up begging for the job for half salary before being turned down because someone else got the job.

Anyway, this writer takes no responsibility for any deep meanings, hidden symbols nor lack of sympathy as not mistaken for emphathy, which basically is a word.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77431
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.28.2007
11:53AM EDT 
vertical line if [someone comes to him] with no elephants, no horses, no young men or women of rank, no silver or gold, he gives him some, and helps him until he can establish a state [of his own]

But if someone comes to him simply out of love, not wanting any favour, then the rich man feels attracted to him. Prahlada had this unselfish love, this pure love for God without any worldly end."

If someone comes to him as a friend, he is accepted as a friend, and if another person comes as a foe, he too is accepted. He chooses nothing; he rejects nothing. NEXTLINE To Krishna no one is his friend and no one is his enemy. Time decides; circumstances create both friends and foes. And Krishna has no grievance against anybody.

Hmmm.. can`t find anything on Roshi thou? But did find my hero Osho:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.28.2007
07:00PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

bright light... I see a bright light....and you mention scanning as I vaguely recall something of a conversation of how I did not have one.. just yesterday..or something of that nature..but I have a marker on the last page I read and can find the words if you like and can type them out. this will have to wait I'm afraid, I'll be ?away for a bit... end of year sesshin and jolly making and all   :) see you soon

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

ChonTri prefers it scanned.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77438
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.28.2007
07:03PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line

Quote: "Inspector Midgets voice came trough the line.

Lynnoh did not answer at first, she calmly took a deep inhale of the Cuban cigar she got from Tony axe.

-"Listen, I got the mayor all over my ass, and I can`t afford to pay you more than the usual hour fee plus
expenses. And after the clean up on the Manhattan incident our black budget is as good as empty and.."

Lynnoh took a new deep puff of the cigar, crushed it in the ashtray as she interrupted the police chief.
-"Listen you overfeed piece of swine. I know what you guys are really pulling in each month at the down town district. I am hanging up now. And if I ever hear from you again, it is either because you`ve decided to triple the pay, or because you have decided to commit suicide and want to let me in on the good news!
U fu*king insult me you piece of shit, it`s about time the mayor elect someone competent for you`re position anyway!"

Calmly she leaned over to the bottom drawer, and pulled out a fresh bottle of Jack Daniels bourbon.
Calmly she fished a glass from the shelf, and pured herself a drink as she waited. Would not take long

And here the writer enters the story with news about this story is a rather poor continuance of the above posting and an unlikely unfolding of events as they really unfolded. Thou, it might very well be exact, might very well be. Who knows.

Anyhow, the writer is tired of writing this nonsense and will let it be up to the reader to decide that the continuance of this story will let Lynnoh be waiting impatiently by the phone, growing more and more nervous, before regretting being so mean to Inspector Widget, whom incidentally has changed name during this story. Just to end up begging for the job for half salary before being turned down because someone else got the job.

Anyway, this writer takes no responsibility for any deep meanings, hidden symbols nor lack of sympathy as not mistaken for emphathy, which basically is a word.
"
Mr Snibbler,

Why are you so anxious like that?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
07:37PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line oh no...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77441
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.28.2007
07:49PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "oh no... "
Why not, Mr Woodsman? 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77442
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
09:01PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Not unless there is a mixed drink named Chon Tri. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77447
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Dec.28.2007
09:13PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Not unless there is a mixed drink named Chon Tri.  "

alirighty then.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77449
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
10:15PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line almighty now
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77454
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Dec.28.2007
10:25PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Not unless there is a mixed drink named Chon Tri.  "
mixed with what?  with Woodsman? 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77455
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Dec.28.2007
10:34PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "almighty now "

goofass.haha

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77458
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Dec.28.2007
10:39PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line what are you ALMIGHTY johny cat? haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77460
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
10:39PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Not unless there is a mixed drink named Chon Tri.  "
mixed with what?  with Woodsman? 
"

whatever you like.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77459
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
10:41PM EDT 
Email Woodsman

goofass.haha

"

good and fast, he he he... is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77461
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Dec.28.2007
10:42PM EDT 
Email shayne

goofass.haha

"

"

"

"

your a serious goofass. haha

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77462
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
10:46PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line bow your head and repeat after me, "um, where's my book on enptiness?"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77466
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.28.2007
10:48PM EDT 

"
Mr Snibbler,

"

Have you read that post?:) Guess I am afraid of ending up playing the role of demon if I am not careful.

(Lynnoh. anyone told you that U are beautiful lately!?:)

It kinda does not matter. We all inspire and hopefully stir each others up. Just don`t want to create a bad mood on this forum.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77469
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.28.2007
10:51PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line certified?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77470
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.28.2007
11:08PM EDT 
vertical line Me? Oh, I have my master certificate. Took it in the army, government paid for it. Know it`s around somwhere, just gotta look... :
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77476
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.28.2007
11:22PM EDT 
vertical line Ps! Just say if Shayne pisses U off, I know people, ok?

=)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77477
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Dec.29.2007
12:00AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line i is use to pee, puke, poop, blood... so shaynees' ok
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77479
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from kelvintan
Dec.29.2007
12:38AM EDT 
Email kelvintan
vertical line

Have you read that post?:) Guess I am afraid of ending up playing the role of demon if I am not careful.

It kinda does not matter. We all inspire and hopefully stir each others up. Just don`t want to create a bad mood on this forum.

Sharing. Nice, Inspiring . Blessings, Brother Letting Everyone Read

article is a good merit performed.

With Metta

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77482
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Dec.30.2007
09:53PM EDT 
vertical line Thank you:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77521
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
01:36AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh

With Metta

"

"

why?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77592
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
01:40AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

Quote: "if [someone comes to him] with no elephants, no horses, no young men or women of rank, no silver or gold, he gives him some, and helps him until he can establish a state [of his own]

But if someone comes to him simply out of love, not wanting any favour, then the rich man feels attracted to him. Prahlada had this unselfish love, this pure love for God without any worldly end."

If someone comes to him as a friend, he is accepted as a friend, and if another person comes as a foe, he too is accepted. He chooses nothing; he rejects nothing. NEXTLINE To Krishna no one is his friend and no one is his enemy. Time decides; circumstances create both friends and foes. And Krishna has no grievance against anybody.

Hmmm.. can`t find anything on Roshi thou? But did find my hero Osho:)
"

I don't know about heros...but WOW...biggest boldest bright light right into the forehead like a stream...but this body felt  sick.....   Osho book on tea, but not now

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77593
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
01:42AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

picture,picture, picture....bubbles...picture? picture? picture.....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77594
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
01:46AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh

"
Mr Snibbler,

"

"

"

"

yes, this is stiring?...? not knowing who anyone is..or shall say..anyone is ? quiet something to get used to... absolutely one gets confused when one starts to like and dislike..or even like and like more...or even like and love

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77595
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from kelvintan
Jan.02.2008
02:53AM EDT 
Email kelvintan

With Metta

"

"

why?

"

"

Lynn, Y Not Now One Have

to show gratitude which is the best attitude, when someone cares and shares.

Have A Great Day

With Metta

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77605
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.02.2008
07:04AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

"
Ms Lynn,

It seems that what ChonTri has resquested is too hard to do for you.  If so, just forget the whole story.

"
Ms Lynn,

It seems that what ChonTri has resquested is too hard to do for you.  If so, just forget the whole story.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77606
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
08:09AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

if the story was is words, I did not read or hear it. If the story was all the pictures... you are right I cannot seem to recall it, but I remember it was fast and many and bubbles, like looking through layers or something..no, can't put to words..if this was too hard, then I suppose so... ? it's okay

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77608
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.02.2008
08:09AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

so what were asking?

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

"
Ms Lynn,

"
Ms Lynn,

"

"

if the story was is words, I did not read or hear it. If the story was all the pictures... you are right I cannot seem to recall it, but I remember it was fast and many and bubbles, like looking through layers or something..no, can't put to words..if this was too hard, then I suppose so... ? it's okay

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77609
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.02.2008
01:10PM EDT 
vertical line There's been a change of plan - you are now the master of the zendo - whatever and wherever, sheesh and you don't know what I'm talking about?????
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77628
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.04.2008
07:20AM EDT 

Mr -----0,

With those words of yours, you qualify for the position of Master of the Zendo, and they will make you Master of the Zendo very soon.

"

"

Thanks, ChonTri, but I don't qualify either, because I am flattered by your words.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77718
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.04.2008
05:48PM EDT 
Email chontri

Mr -----0,

"

"

Thanks, ChonTri, but I don't qualify either, because I am flattered by your words.

"
When the words were put down there, they were just used to indicate the qualification that lies in your own words, and a prediction that you might be eclected to fill that position -  without any intention to flatter you at all. Unfortunately, the prediction seems failed so far. Don't feel bad.

Now you read them and say that you do not qualify but you feel fine because you are flattered by those words.  That's good.  Just keep feeling like that as long as you'd like.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77729
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.05.2008
06:09AM EDT 
vertical line being a knucklehead gives me even more pleasure
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77745
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.05.2008
06:43AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "being a knucklehead gives me even more pleasure"
So, take your knucklehead with you and run around the world.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77748
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.05.2008
07:00AM EDT 
vertical line why?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77749
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.05.2008
07:08AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "why?"
To show the world your knucklehead gives you more pleasure. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77750
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.05.2008
10:42AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line pen circling
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77753
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.05.2008
11:31AM EDT 
vertical line

Oh, that was just for your information. The world does not care for knuckleheads, it goes for masters.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77756
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.05.2008
12:10PM EDT 
vertical line Masters need knuckleheads like you and Americans living the global nightmare.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77758
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.06.2008
10:32AM EDT 
vertical line Declare your truth and be done with it - cultivate the virtue of uselessness. And don't listen to the rumour mongers who spread the lie that you are 'pre-satori', that you should listen to this, that and the other in order to move from the 'starting point', to become. Whatever that is, it isn't meditation. There is no becoming. To believe so is like dressing a naked body in layers of teflon which have become transformed into velcro. Only you know how to unzip them.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77792
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.06.2008
03:01PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Declare your truth and be done with it - cultivate the virtue of uselessness. .........
That's what you think and it's right to you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77808
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.07.2008
09:43AM EDT 
vertical line I first heard about the art of cultivating uselessness from Lao Tzu.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77833
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.07.2008
09:47AM EDT 
vertical line I first heard about the virtue of uselessness from Lao Tzu.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77834
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.07.2008
06:13PM EDT 
Email chontri

Oh, that was just for your information. The world does not care for knuckleheads, it goes for masters.

"
ChonTri is not a master of any kind and he does not know any masters to hand it to either.  So, he thinks, it's on the way back to you and you can do whatever you'd like. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77877
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.07.2008
06:16PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "I first heard about the art of cultivating uselessness from Lao Tzu."
So, that's what you heard and said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 77878
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this CALLIGRAPHY SCROLL, TRANQUILITY
by George Caso
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s