history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo
 
Thursday Dec 18 2014 08:31PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time in a very nice city of ancient India, there were five blind young men were living together and getting along very well. They could share together many things they acquired materially and mentally. They could shared each other... continue...

z
.
e
.
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE LAND OF TRUTH
vertical line Posted on Jan.12.2008 @ 07:51PM EDT by chontri

"The Land of Truth is pathless
and is right in front of people.
But the seeker toils himself much like a monkey
that on a branch of a bare tree under the sun
tries to catch and grasp his shadow on the ground surface."

Why is that so?
Doesn't know.
Anyone knows?



Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email chontri
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from kelvintan
Jan.12.2008
08:29PM EDT 
Email kelvintan
vertical line

Grasping Ceased Holding On No Truth. Realisation. Invaluable Lesson.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78116
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jan.12.2008
09:16PM EDT 
vertical line Hmmm... In a more general way we live in a world of lies and cover up.
Because of fear of imaginary consequences we hide our feelings,
intentions and so forth. We are lead to accept that leaders are allowed
to lie.

We all are generally good people, thus we make exuses for acts of evil,
"If only the fuhrer had known about this"

Groomed we are to believe that everyone is smart and all knowing, and
we must hide our own stupidity. "Are U stupid? The experts claim this
and that, and they know best!" Thus ended the american dream during a
winter holiday 1913..

Anyway, truth seekers. They are on a mission, a mission with
something to gain. Trying this and that. Not realizing..

Happiness is letting go, not holding onto. Happiness is accepting,
not denying. In lack of everything else, there is happiness I say.

So, am I happy? I don`t know. Am just thankful for absence of
unhappiness. Thou, it might change. But that is ok, at least now.

There is these "happy pills" that are quite popular these days.
I usually says: "Great! Those pills must be geniouse! Like, you`re
life might be going to hell in a basket and everything is totally f**
around you. But it`s ok. Damn medical science is real clever!.."

Guess truth is sensing something is wrong. Then it is up to us to trust
our self or..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78117
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.12.2008
10:05PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line the answers come, without the questions, but one...ness does without knowing or any need to be known, other than just  One

there!


vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78119
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.12.2008
11:24PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line

Quote: "Hmmm... In a more general way we live in a world of lies and cover up.
Because of fear of imaginary consequences we hide our feelings,
intentions and so forth. We are lead to accept that leaders are allowed
to lie.

We all are generally good people, thus we make exuses for acts of evil,
"If only the fuhrer had known about this"

Groomed we are to believe that everyone is smart and all knowing, and
we must hide our own stupidity. "Are U stupid? The experts claim this
and that, and they know best!" Thus ended the american dream during a
winter holiday 1913..

Anyway, truth seekers. They are on a mission, a mission with
something to gain. Trying this and that. Not realizing..

Happiness is letting go, not holding onto. Happiness is accepting,
not denying. In lack of everything else, there is happiness I say.

So, am I happy? I don`t know. Am just thankful for absence of
unhappiness. Thou, it might change. But that is ok, at least now.

There is these "happy pills" that are quite popular these days.
I usually says: "Great! Those pills must be geniouse! Like, you`re
life might be going to hell in a basket and everything is totally f**
around you. But it`s ok. Damn medical science is real clever!.."

Guess truth is sensing something is wrong. Then it is up to us to trust
our self or..
"
.........
A nice dumb talk. 

The old man wouldn't complain anyone or anything but himself, in any.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78123
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.13.2008
12:19AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line dumb is cool, ya just don't know it

wait a minute...

nope, gone.

oh well
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78126
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.13.2008
04:38AM EDT 
vertical line

And someone asked him: When will the kingdom of God come?

And he said: The kingdom of God will not come if you watch for it.
Nor will anyone be able to say: It is here; or: It is there.
For the kingdom of God is within you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78132
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.13.2008
07:38AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "

And someone asked him: When will the kingdom of God come?

And he said: The kingdom of God will not come if you watch for it.
Nor will anyone be able to say: It is here; or: It is there.
For the kingdom of God is within you.

"
.........
You buy what you sell.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78137
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.13.2008
08:00AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "

Grasping Ceased Holding On No Truth. Realisation. Invaluable Lesson.

"
.........
Dharma expounder.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78138
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.13.2008
09:41AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

And someone asked him: When will the kingdom of God come?

And he said: The kingdom of God will not come if you watch for it.
Nor will anyone be able to say: It is here; or: It is there.
For the kingdom of God is within you.

"
.........
You buy what you sell."
.........

"
.........
You buy what you sell.
"
.........

It is not for sale.  It is free.
It is there for anybody to take it or leave it.
But even if you leave it, it is still with you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78142
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.13.2008
09:46AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line lehish paid for banana but didn't pay for eating
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78143
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.13.2008
09:59AM EDT 
vertical line lehish did that? wow, you're more stupid than you look.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78145
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.13.2008
10:06AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

And someone asked him: When will the kingdom of God come?

And he said: The kingdom of God will not come if you watch for it.
Nor will anyone be able to say: It is here; or: It is there.
For the kingdom of God is within you.

"
......... 

You buy what you sell."
.........


You buy what you sell.
"
.........

It is not for sale.  It is free.
It is there for anybody to take it or leave it.
But even if you leave it, it is still with you.

"
.........
Now you sell what you buy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78148
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.13.2008
10:21AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "lehish did that? wow, you're more stupid than you look."
.........

hehehe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78154
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.13.2008
10:28AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line That's mine!

Oh, ok, you can have it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78156
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.13.2008
10:34AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "That's mine!

Oh, ok, you can have it.
"
.........

"have"?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78158
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.13.2008
10:44AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "lehish did that?."
.........

what  means "did that",  rustic?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78159
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.13.2008
11:47AM EDT 
vertical line By all and no means.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78164
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.13.2008
12:16PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "That's mine!

Oh, ok, you can have it.
"
.........

"have"?

"
.........

what?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78167
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.13.2008
12:38PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

and the birds wings spread open... one touching the sky and one touching the ground

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78172
horizontal line
 
Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

 



SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.


Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this TRANQUILITY, HARMONY, SERENITY, PEACE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books
 
 
d
.
i
.
s
.
c
.
u
.
s
.
s
.
i
.
o
.
n
.

.
f
.
o
.
r
.
u
.
m
.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 zenguide.com - All rights reserved. °