history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Jul 25 2014 06:17PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG??!
vertical line Posted on Jan.13.2008 @ 03:28AM EDT by Snibbler
A scruffy figure came creeping out from in between the branches, covered with
hundreds of tiny green pins. Followed by an kinda refreshingly odor of all the
tree sap he had unwittingly collected during this last stretch of the long journey.
As he approached  the others waiting impatiently by the road, he grinned wildly.

Then he broke out in outburst. "Yeah! Whooa! I am here, finally! Made it!" tears streaming down his kin.

None others shared his enthusiasm. Some indifferent, others kinda worried-curious,
others outright enraged. Sensing something .. irritable.. He went to Lead`to hug him, but Lead`brunched him aside. "Hey man, we waited 300 years for you! Where the
hell was you??!"
And in the bacground irritated jokes of the less funny type, some sarcastic applaud, irritated remarks could be heard hushed down by mutters abouth knowing the facts before passing sentence.

"Oh, long story" He looked unembarrassed and still smiling."basically I went over the mountain, trough the walley, and swam across the river and now I am here."

This perplexed the audience, and Lead` was first to break silence. Discovering that
his mouth had dried out, and eyes hurt due to lack of blinking, Lead` Grabbed a mug
of wather. "glunk -- glunk.. aahh.. Eh you... You..??.. You tell me you took over a 300 year detour????! We have waited here 296 years! for you! 4 years took it for the
second last arrival, 4 years! And he apologized with a damn good reason btw!"

"Then 296 years 2 weeks, 8 days passes, and here comes you strolling along??!."
Lead`looked sincerly angry. "What did you do with the fare and travel decriptione I gave you??"

Looking at Lead` with a calm look he answere."Well,I saved the fare. And then collected piles of old "Helpinghand - street magazine".  Sold them on the streets since no one know whats the newest or never read them for all I know.

"A month later I used the money to buy clothes and survival tools and different equipment for the journey ahead. Used some years to prepare and get ready. Laying out maps and plans. Trip started out fine, thou the cano was a mistake to
carry over the mountain. Planned to
use it as a sled and then for the river crossing later. But should have taken with some lubricate wax or something for the snow.. But I traded it to some weird mountain people, luckily I came across them in a
blistering
snow storm. Weirdest dudes, they wanted to use the cano for.."

Here he got abruptet buy Causre`.

"Who cares!!" Causre`almost yelled at him. "probably damn interesting that cano, but answer Lead`,  why-did-you-not-take-the-shortest-route-as-he-suggested?
 I was here in after three weeks for christ
sake!!" Causre` looked insultingly pissed, he hated to waste time. U live nearest, could have been here in 8 days, arriving first
for Christ sake!!"

He constantly pined green organic needles from his hair and clothes as he answered Causre`, his eyes focusing on the needle picking. "Oh yeah, moping around waiting
for the rest just because important to be so fast? Dont think so!. My journey was in
many ways total hell. But sure beat waiting around this booring place with you guys
for 300 years."

"Anyway it was more fun to travel my own route." "who cares, I`m here now. "Raise you!" then he ran towards the sea.

Causre` was abouth to speak, but hushed with a friendly touch on his shoulder by Lead`"That boy, he`ll never learn patience Causre`, or impatience for that matter."

Lead` lifted his head looking at the sky, eyes shrimping at the strong gaze of the sun. "Good weather, in good time we`ll get there , It matters not when."

(c) Snibbler2008
(Copyright infringments will cause summary executions under Us antiterror act.)

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.13.2008
04:54AM EDT 
vertical line in other words . . . ?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78133
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Jan.13.2008
07:09AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Reading your post took him so long, because he's old and slow-reading.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78136
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.13.2008
10:20AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line click
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78153
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jan.13.2008
06:54PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "in other words . . . ?"
These where the only.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78202
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jan.13.2008
06:55PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "click "
clack
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78203
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.13.2008
07:05PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "click "
clack
"

don't talk back!

ok, I won't

nope

o
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78204
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.14.2008
11:31AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "in other words . . . ?"
These where the only.
"

I mean could you tell it in one line? 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78227
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.14.2008
11:40AM EDT 
vertical line I'll name that tune in, er, um, one.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78229
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.14.2008
12:53PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line click, click, click... I keep trying to do just the dollar amount but...everytime theres the one   and he took a penny from the side plate and put it in the till, thanks :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78236
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jan.14.2008
03:52PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

These where the only.
"

I mean could you tell it in one line? 

"

Sure:

A scruffy figure came creeping out from in between the branches, covered with
hundreds of tiny green pins followed by an kinda refreshingly odor of all the
tree sap he had unwittingly collected during this last stretch of the long journey as he approached  the others waiting impatiently by the road, he grinned wildly then he broke out in outburst "yeah! Whooa! I am here, finally! made it!"tears streaming down his kin none others shared his enthusiasm some indifferent, others kinda worried-curious, others outright enraged sensing something .. irritable.. he went to Lead`to hug him, but Lead`brunched him aside "hey man, we waited 300 years for you! where the hell was you??!" and in the background irritated jokes of the less funny type, some sarcastic applaud, irritated remarks could be heard hushed down by mutters about knowing the facts before passing sentence "oh, long story" he looked unembarrassed and still smiling "basically I went over the mountain, trough the walley, and swam across the river and now I am here" this perplexed the audience, and Lead` was first to break silence discovering that his mouth had dried out, and eyes hurt due to lack of blinking, Lead` Grabbed a mug of wather "glunk -- glunk.. aahh.. eh you... you..??.. you tell me you took over a 300 year detour????! we have waited here 296 years! for you! 4 years took it for the second last arrival, 4 years! and he apologized with a damn good reason btw! then 296 years 2 weeks, 8 days passes, and here comes you strolling along??!." Lead`looked sincerly angry "what did you do with the fare and travel decriptione I gave you??" looking at Lead` with a calm look he answered "well,I saved the fare and then collected piles of old "Helpinghand - street magazine" sold them on the streets since no one know whats the newest or never read them for all I know month later I used the money to buy clothes and survival tools and different equipment for the journey ahead used some years to prepare and get ready laying out maps and plans trip started out fine, thou the cano was a mistake to carry over the mountain planned to use it as a sled and then for the river crossing later but should have taken with some lubricate wax or something for the snow.. but I traded it to some weird mountain people, luckily I came across them in a blistering snow storm weirdest dudes, they wanted to use the cano for.." here he got abruptet buy Causre`"who cares!!" Causre`almost yelled at him "probably damn interesting that cano, but answer Lead`, why-did-you-not-take-the-shortest-route-as-he-suggested? I was here in after three weeks for christ sake!!" Causre` looked insultingly pissed, he hated to waste time U live nearest, could have been here in 8 days, arriving first for Christ sake!!" he constantly pined green organic needles from his hair and clothes as he answered Causre`, his eyes focusing on the needle picking "oh yeah, moping around waiting
for the rest just because important to be so fast? dont think so!. my journey was in
many ways total hell but sure beat waiting around this booring place with you guys
for 300 years a
nyway it was more fun to travel my own route who cares, I`m here now raise you!" then he ran towards the sea Causre` was abouth to speak, but hushed with a friendly touch on his shoulder by Lead`"that boy, he`ll never learn patience Causre`, or impatience for that matter"Lead` lifted his head looking at the sky, eyes shrimping at the strong gaze of the sun "good weather, in good time we`ll get there , It matters not when" (c) Snibbler2008(copyright infringments will cause summary executions under Us antiterror act.)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78247
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Teweret
Jan.14.2008
04:05PM EDT 
Email Teweret
vertical line

What took you so long... to find your way home?

Well, at first I was a caterpillar. I was living on the ground and in trees, and my only concern was how to fill my stomach. And I had absolutely no idea what was above me.  But then I began to feel a certain urge, as if there was a higher purpose to all of this. So I found myself a quiet spot, made a cocoon and started meditating. And this really transformed me. You should see me now, as I fly around, full of color...

They call me a butterfly now. No idea what that means. I am home...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78248
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jan.15.2008
02:47PM EDT 
vertical line If they could see you now, they'd never believe it, what a step up, pow, holy cow, if those caterpillars could see you now.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78273
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.15.2008
03:02PM EDT 
vertical line

These where the only.
"

I mean could you tell it in one line? "

Sure:"

"

Sure:
"

OK. Now you can print it out and delete.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78274
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jan.15.2008
05:44PM EDT 
vertical line U are rater bossy now... /:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78276
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Jan.22.2008
01:29PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line what takes you again so  long.....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78427
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN SETTING II
by Packard
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s