history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Apr 24 2014 01:11PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day a girl in geisha house hailed the Japanese Zen master Mokudo by name.
He went inside and discovered that the girl was a childhood acquaintance.
The crops had failed one year in their village, and she had become a courtesan... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: FEEL FINE FINE FINE
vertical line Posted on Feb.13.2008 @ 05:18PM EDT by 9999999
bee, bee bah dee boo
bah dee bah bee bah boo.
bah dee, bah dee boo,
bah dee, dee bah dee boo
bah dee dee bah do bee, bah dee bah dee doo dah!
bah dee doo dah, bah bee doo dah
bah dee bah daba doo dah!

bee bee bah dee boo boo
bah dee bah bee bee bah dee boo boo
bah dee bah bee bee bah dee boo boo bah dee bah bee bee bah dee boo boo
bah dee bah bee bee bah dee boo boo bah dee bah bee bee bah dee boo boo
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email 9999999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.13.2008
07:50PM EDT 
vertical line shhh......you ain't seen me...I was never here...ok?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78858
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Feb.13.2008
07:52PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line Quote: "shhh......you ain't seen me...I was never here...ok?"

OK DONT I DONT SEE YOU I REALLY DONT
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78859
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from RaineDrop
Feb.13.2008
08:03PM EDT 
Email RaineDrop
vertical line loco roco!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78861
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Feb.13.2008
08:24PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

:D boo boo :D bee bee :D  boo boo ::D:D:D

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78864
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.14.2008
10:38AM EDT 
vertical line When Switters was less than a year old, his grandmother had stood before his highchair, her hands on her still glamorous hips. "You're starting to jabber like a damn disk jockey,' she said. "Pretty soon you'll be having a name for me, so I want to make this clear: you are not to insult me with one of those declasse G words, like granny or grams or gramma or whatever, you understand; and if you ever call me nannie or nonna - or moomaw or big mamma or mawmaw I'll bust your cute little chops. I'm aware that it's innate in the human infant to produce M sounds followed by soft vowels in response to materialistic stimuli, so if you find it primally necessary to label me with something of that ilk, then let it be 'maestra' or 'teacher'. I don't know if I'll ever teach you anything worthwhile, and I sure as hell don't want to be anybody's master, but at least maestra has got some dignity. Try saying it."
~Tom Robbins

m mmm m m m mmma mmm mme m mmeme m m m mmmmm m mu
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78873
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.14.2008
10:46AM EDT 
vertical line [Edit]
When Switters was less than a year old, his grandmother had stood before his highchair, her hands on her still glamorous hips. "You're starting to jabber like a damn disk jockey," she said. "Pretty soon you'll be having a name for me, so I want to make this clear: you are not to insult me with one of those declasse G words, like granny or grams or gramma or whatever, you understand; and if you ever call me nannie or nonna - or moomaw or big mamma or mawmaw I'll bust your cute little chops. I'm aware that it's innate in the human infant to produce M sounds followed by soft vowels in response to maternalistic stimuli, so if you find it primally necessary to label me with something of that ilk, then let it be 'maestra'. Maestra. Okay? That's the feminine form of the Italian word for 'master' or 'teacher'. I don't know if I'll ever teach you anything worthwhile, and I sure as hell don't want to be anybody's master, but at least maestra has got some dignity. Try saying it."
~Tom Robbins

m mmm m m m mmma mmm mme m mmeme m m m mmmmm m mu
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78877
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.15.2008
09:34AM EDT 
vertical line Today my mother is feeling sore but fine - after surgery for breast cancer last week and follow up tests a couple of days ago, the doctors have given the all-clear. As part of her ongoing treatment she will undergo radiotherapy daily for four weeks. She says she is 'over the moon' to be alive. After my father was carried off by cancer a few years ago, this is good news for all the family, especially her morris-dancing new man who is, at this moment, jigging around, hot-foot and finger-dancing, to the sound of his own accordion playing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78895
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.15.2008
10:52AM EDT 
vertical line Not so my wife's mother. She is not feeling fine, she says. She is suffering the onset of dementia - it could be Alzheimer's but we won't know until the test results. Now, she says that she knows she is losing her memory - she can't remember some family members and old friends. Living in a bungalow, she talks constantly about moving her bed and living 'downstairs'. She will phone in the night to say that 'they' won't let her into a room. Although she no longer understands money, she has become obsessed with it talking about it continually, pleading abject poverty - someone asks for £3 for newspapers and she gives them £60, to a delivery driver, delivering a paid-for parcel, she will give £300 for no reason. She buys expensive presents for complete strangers but says that she is too poor to buy birthday and christmas presents for her grandchildren. There is money hidden all over the house, wrapped in towels, put in boxes with notes to remind her where she has put other sums.

Her personality is changing - she seems to be disappearing. What is particularly telling is the change which has been brought about in her body-posture, facial expression and eyes - a distressed look of a physical manifestation of identity and memory loss.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78896
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Feb.15.2008
04:01PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line what makes the grass grow?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78906
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Feb.15.2008
07:57PM EDT 
vertical line Sometimes naked
Sometimes mad
Now the scholar
Now the fool
Thus they appear on earth
The free men
~Hindu verse

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 78915
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEDITATION I (SILVER FOIL STAMPED & EMBOSSED)
by Chris Paschke
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s
i