history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 01 2014 04:58PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: HELLO
vertical line Posted on May.03.2008 @ 05:51AM EDT by 9999999
rusty, woods, lehish

what's happening?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email 9999999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.03.2008
10:24AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line YOU put me in the middle.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81653
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.03.2008
11:20AM EDT 
vertical line Where is youre God now Jt?!..
Youre all alone.., at zen-forum no one can hear you scream..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81654
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.03.2008
12:22PM EDT 
vertical line Hello jaytha, it's happening, samadhi's happening.  The old car is legal for another 12 months - 15 years old with [approx] 155,000 miles on the clock - how can I not love that all-in-together-girls commitment?  Everyodby seems to be on holiday, so it's quiet away from the roads. Strummed a few chords, couple of books on the go.  What are you up to in college?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81655
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.03.2008
12:23PM EDT 
vertical line Woods is in the middle.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81656
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.03.2008
12:24PM EDT 
vertical line Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81657
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.03.2008
03:23PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line

parents expected me to go to college and i just kinda went with it. 
not returning to the university. 
was studying philosophy--but everything presupposes the existence of a "person". 
the whole "mind" that they talk about and the whole human condition they have been trying to figure out (throughout history) is based on that erroneous concept.
 psychology cant help anybody fix their lasting problems because this concept is also presupposed.
decided to have a little fun and deconstruct that concept in my own way for a few term papers and the teacher nearly failed me. 
all in good fun though :P. 
everything that can be studied anywhere leads away from what-you-are.

younger sister has apparently been addicted to heroin for 2 years and told parents.
she's in some rehab facility for another few months or so.
parents (divorced for a long while) are falling apart and going to meetings about recovery etc.
been telling them the good news:
-before "birth" during "life" after "death"--THAT prevails now
-"look at me...now close your eyes.. notice when you closed your eyes you did not lose consciousness.  something is aware when they eyes are open and closed..awareness is ever present(apparent waking, sleeping, and dreaming), eternal, unlimited, no-thing, what-you-are (etc).. nothing has ever been done for awareness to be aware… look for yourself whenever you are moved to, as often as you can… don’t make it about finding some far off mystical state of enlightenment (i used to be looking for it since senior year in HS—so they think that they might also have to go searching for it too and that they really don’t have time for that—“we have to put food on the table!”) just make it about finding the truth for yourself….reminded them that what they are looking for (peace/relief/truth/whatever) is what IS looking.  Reminded them that all understanding comes after seeing the seeing for oneself, and that I would not elaborate on concepts too much because it would be no use to them for me to sow my understanding in them.” Anyway, it goes on with more of the same.. occasionally I remind them that carlee(sis) is fine and things are already fine but that just seems to piss them off, haha.

-a few months ago I used to notice all the problems in the world and how unreal they are and wanted to blurt the truth everywhere to everyone (I didn’t—dunno why but I just kept quiet and abided as what-i-am as always).  Now all that is seen is the seeing with no one seeing it everywhere.  In other words, no problems, no people, no things, just peace/the kingdom of heaven/myself/reality/whatever it may be called.  Nothing needs to be fixed and nobody needs to be told anything ~_~!!!! 

-not worrying much about job/college/eating/sleeping/living/anything.  If I force myself(body) to apparently think about “what im doing with the rest of my life” I just see culture/society and everything they are doing as decidedly useless and feel silly/stupid about going to college or doing anything—(apparent) life is such a short trip anyway why even bother?   But im not REALLY troubled by that anyhow—if the body wants to go get a job or make something happen it can go do that.  Who knows? I(body) might just mooch off parents until it gets kicked out then I’ll just go sit in the desert and die.  I guess we’ll know sooner or later haha. 

Thanks to rustic, chontri, lehish, and woods for kicking my ass(concepts) up and down the field and out of the park.

im sitting on a chair with no legs

these are the final words of this apparent post = )

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81658
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.03.2008
03:33PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line its happening, samadhi is happening.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81659
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.03.2008
04:13PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line as a light rain begins to fall
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81660
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.03.2008
06:43PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

reminded them that what they are looking for (peace/relief/truth/whatever) is what IS looking

peace looks for peace. enlightenment looks for enlightenment.

the ultimate reality is you.

each of us.

your personal beliefs do not nessacirly coincide with what is.

awareness is the soul.

attention is the guiding point.

the mind exists.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81661
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.03.2008
06:47PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line without people being focused and deciding to go to college we would have no doctors. not a good thing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81662
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.03.2008
06:48PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

your sister ISNT fine. she was addicated to heroin.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81663
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.03.2008
09:27PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah! Is that this and such how.. Shaayne, shall we agree to sit our fat asses down at least 5 min A Day? I know you ought a know th<zat
Here, time to chill out..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81664
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.03.2008
09:41PM EDT 
vertical line Thanks to rustic, chontri, lehish, and woods for kicking my ass(concepts) up and down the field and out of the park."
What the f#ck?!? Hey, forgot someone?? Huh?!! Hmpfh!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81665
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.03.2008
10:09PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
I Loved that film! (U Seen Brazil btw? Kinda 1984 on acid)

Ps! jthabuddHA H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee was MOST displeased for being let out of you`re credit list, and he is a man that NOT forget easily, so hereby be warned!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81666
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.03.2008
10:14PM EDT 
vertical line Link offcource!

BRAZIL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81667
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.04.2008
12:49AM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line no separateness
just gibberish ; )
didnt mean anything by it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81668
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.04.2008
02:03AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

tHAnks HAgibberish

gassHO

;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81669
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.04.2008
02:53AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Yeah! Is that this and such how.. Shaayne, shall we agree to sit our fat asses down at least 5 min A Day? I know you ought a know th<zat
"

snibbler..........im fine.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81670
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.04.2008
08:32AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
"

Yes - read Kafka?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81671
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.04.2008
09:36AM EDT 
vertical line

You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice. It will roll in ecstasy at your feet. 

~Franz Kafka

Hello?  Anyone home?

Apparently, we are told there are apparent things all over the apparent place. 

I am simply not here.

I am rustic. I am not rustic.

I am nothing, no-thing. I am something.

I exist. I don't exist.

I am not this, not that. I am that, I am this.

I am. Who is?

I-am-ness! Who-am-ness?

All of the above is true.  

All of the above is false.

Good grief.

Listen: a bird tweets outside.

This happens for no-one.

No bird tweets outside.  This happens for someone.

A bird tweets. A no-bird doesn't tweet. Can a no-bird tweet?

A no-bird un-tweets its birdy tweeting. For no-one.

No bird. No tweeting. No me. No thing.

And yet: "TWWWWEET! TWWWEET!"

This is undeniable.

"TWWWEET! TWWWEET!", goes the bird in the garden.

"TWWWEET! TWWWEET!"

This is undeniable.

THIS is undeniable.

THIS is this. Is this.

THIS is. This IS.

This is this.

Just this.

Just this. 

I am.

Just this.

"TWWWEET! TWWWEET!"

Who cares whether or not there is 'such a thing as liberation' when this moment is so alive...we talk about the 'unnameable mystery' and give it a name - this divine paradox, this pure unconditional love which passes all understanding, beyond all words and comprehension, beyond all mind-created ideas.  Life itself is grace and nothing more needs to be said. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81672
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.04.2008
09:38AM EDT 
vertical line Thanks Jeff.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
10:30AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line TWO sounds happen on time together, where individually they would remain ignored, and seem in a disharmonic mix .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81674
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.04.2008
01:50PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
"

Yes - read Kafka?
"
Only "the process"(?), not seen the movie thou. Ought to read book again, been a while..., used to be a big Clive barker fan (even thou I`ve read much more Stephen King)

Know who's this without goggle?:)

1. The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;         5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,         10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.         15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.         20

(..and miles to go..)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81675
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.04.2008
02:03PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Yeah! Is that this and such how.. Shaayne, shall we agree to sit our fat asses down at least 5 min A Day? I know you ought a know th<zat
"

"
Good to hear. Anyway, would you (and anyone else in here offcource!) care to join in a deathmatch of Unreal or? Just downloaded, installed, and went online. First game in years and I WON!:)
And we can set up password-protected zenguide only sessions on the internet server list with this free demo version!!

Download links Unreal(741mb-zip)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81676
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.04.2008
02:06PM EDT 
vertical line (strange taste of that word "we" thou, must practice more using it:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81677
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
03:33PM EDT 
Email Woodsman

was studying philosophy--but everything presupposes the existence of a "person". 
the whole "mind" that they talk about and the whole human condition they have been trying to figure out (throughout history) is based on that erroneous concept.
 psychology cant help anybody fix their lasting problems because this concept is also presupposed.
decided to have a little fun and deconstruct that concept in my own way for a few term papers and the teacher nearly failed me. 

younger sister has apparently been addicted to heroin for 2 years and told parents.
parents (divorced for a long while) are falling apart and going to meetings about recovery etc.
-"look at me...now close your eyes.. notice when you closed your eyes you did not lose consciousness.  something is aware when they eyes are open and closed..awareness is ever present(apparent waking, sleeping, and dreaming), eternal, unlimited, no-thing, what-you-are (etc).. nothing has ever been done for awareness to be aware… look for yourself whenever you are moved to, as often as you can… don’t make it about finding some far off mystical state of enlightenment (i used to be looking for it since senior year in HS—so they think that they might also have to go searching for it too and that they really don’t have time for that—“we have to put food on the table!”) just make it about finding the truth for yourself….reminded them that what they are looking for (peace/relief/truth/whatever) is what IS looking.  Reminded them that all understanding comes after seeing the seeing for oneself, and that I would not elaborate on concepts too much because it would be no use to them for me to sow my understanding in them.” Anyway, it goes on with more of the same.. occasionally I remind them that carlee(sis) is fine and things are already fine but that just seems to piss them off, haha.

-a few months ago I used to notice all the problems in the world and how unreal they are and wanted to blurt the truth everywhere to everyone (I didn’t—dunno why but I just kept quiet and abided as what-i-am as always).  Now all that is seen is the seeing with no one seeing it everywhere.  In other words, no problems, no people, no things, just peace/the kingdom of heaven/myself/reality/whatever it may be called.  Nothing needs to be fixed and nobody needs to be told anything ~_~!!!! 

-not worrying much about job/college/eating/sleeping/living/anything.  If I force myself(body) to apparently think about “what im doing with the rest of my life” I just see culture/society and everything they are doing as decidedly useless and feel silly/stupid about going to college or doing anything—(apparent) life is such a short trip anyway why even bother?   But im not REALLY troubled by that anyhow—if the body wants to go get a job or make something happen it can go do that.  Who knows? I(body) might just mooch off parents until it gets kicked out then I’ll just go sit in the desert and die.  I guess we’ll know sooner or later haha. 

Thanks to rustic, chontri, lehish, and woods for kicking my ass(concepts) up and down the field and out of the park.

"

excellence                                                            :  )
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81678
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
07:06PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
"

Yes - read Kafka?
"
Only "the process"(?), not seen the movie thou. Ought to read book again, been a while..., used to be a big Clive barker fan (even thou I`ve read much more Stephen King)

1. The Road Not Taken

(..and miles to go..)

"

I pooped in the woods once.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81679
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.04.2008
07:55PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"
Good to hear. Anyway, would you (and anyone else in here offcource!) care to join in a deathmatch of Unreal or? Just downloaded, installed, and went online. First game in years and I WON!:)
And we can set up password-protected zenguide only sessions on the internet server list with this free demo version!!

"

"

"

i have the game but my graphics card isnt fast enoufe and i got lag. sorry.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81680
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.04.2008
09:43PM EDT 
vertical line Crappy exuse!:) Tried with video-screen size all way down?..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81681
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.04.2008
09:44PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
"

Yes - read Kafka?
"

1. The Road Not Taken

(..and miles to go..)

"

"
U``re such a Bear!:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.04.2008
10:06PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Crappy exuse!:) Tried with video-screen size all way down?.. "

nah too laggy and thats with the video display all the way down.

buy unreal tournament on steam.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81683
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
10:23PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko last night. "
"

Yes - read Kafka?
"

Know who's this without goggle?:) and

1. The Road Not Taken
 I

(..and miles to go..) used

"

"
U``re such a Bear!:)
"leaves
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81684
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
10:25PM EDT 
Email Woodsman

Quote: "Crappy exuse!:) to Tried with video-screen size all way down?.. "

buy unreal tournament on steam. wipe

"
........my

asp
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81685
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.04.2008
10:35PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line ABRACADABRA
 ABRACADABR
  ABRACADAB
   ABRACADA
    ABRACAD
     ABRACA
      ABRAC
       ABRA
        ABR
         AB
          A
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81686
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from glorymind
May.05.2008
04:15AM EDT 
vertical line

"I just see culture/society and everything they are doing as decidedly useless and feel silly/stupid about going to college or doing anything—(apparent) life is such a short trip anyway why even bother?"

"Which moon is this?"

"...Donnie Darko.."

"I Loved that film!"

Did you also like "Silence of the Lambs" (kinda like Donnie Darko)? And the "Dark Place" series (kinda like Brazil)?

"Life itself is grace and nothing more needs to be said."

How does it feel to ya?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81687
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
May.05.2008
06:47PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Hello. Just be happy we share are inputs on life with one nother. To see all life with the eyes of compassion. Be kind to your self and others. Say hello to at lets 5 people a day. Take good care. RORY.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81699
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.05.2008
07:29PM EDT 
Email shayne

Quote: "Crappy exuse!:) Tried with video-screen size all way down?.. "

buy unreal tournament on steam.

"

"

unreal tournament 1 or half life 1 or 2.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81700
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:36PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hi
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81703
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:37PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hair-owe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81704
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:38PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hee-gee hee-gee
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81705
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:38PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line low doe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81706
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:39PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line jib zah deh doe ba?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81707
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.05.2008
08:50PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line do you spam just to spam?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81711
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.05.2008
08:54PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line do you express yourself in this way just to post something?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81713
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.05.2008
08:55PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line only if asked
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81715
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.06.2008
01:19AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: 

unreal tournament 1 or half life 1 or 2.

".........

Found a demo download UT1, but it was real slow, aborted, must use all machines in working fortimebeeing.. U got quake btw?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81743
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
07:02AM EDT 

"

Paradoxically, it's the 'you' who asks: "Why even bother"? - another question about an apparent choice/no-choice - separation is implied. But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything. There isn't a someone there to bother or not to bother. So, is this apathy? There is a difference between apathy and total action.  When the 'you' isn't getting in the way, it flows, it happens, and action is total - this includes study, manual work, relationship - the whole gamut.  The kingdom of heaven is laid out across the whole world - total action is a gift to the world. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81746
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
07:23AM EDT 
Email lehish

she&apos;s in some rehab facility for another few months or so.

"

Paradoxically, it&apos;s the &apos;you&apos; who asks: "Why even bother"? - another question about an apparent choice/no-choice - separation is implied. But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything. There isn&apos;t a someone there to bother or not to bother. So, is this apathy? There is a difference between apathy and total action.  When the &apos;you&apos; isn&apos;t getting in the way, it flows, it happens, and action is total - this includes study, manual work, relationship - the whole gamut.  The kingdom of heaven is laid out across the whole world - total action is a gift to the world. 

"

"

are certain is "apathy" ?

Ohso:

Another Sufi mystic, Junnaid, the master of al-Hillaj Mansoor. Al-Hillaj became world famous because he was murdered; hence Junnaid fell into shadow. But the few sentences, fragments, that have survived from Junnaid are really great. Otherwise how could he have produced a disciple like al-Hillaj Mansoor? Only a few stories, verses and statements remain, all of them fragmentary. That is the way of the mystic: he does not even bother to connect them into a whole. He does not make a garland of flowers, but only heaps them. It is up to you to choose.

Junnaid said to al-Hillaj Mansoor, "What you have known, keep it to yourself. Do not shout ana'l haq! so loudly. If you say it, you will say it in such a way that nobody can hear you."

Everybody has been unjust to Junnaid. They thought he was a little afraid. It is not so. It is easy to know the truth, it is easy to declare it; it is immensely difficult to keep it in your heart undeclared, unpronounced. Let those who want to come to the well of your being, to your silence.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81748
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
09:50AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line i got quake 3. i can get quake though.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81751
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
10:31AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "
Paradoxically, it&apos;s the &apos;you&apos; who asks: "Why even bother"? - another question about an apparent choice/no-choice - separation is implied. But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything. There isn&apos;t a someone there to bother or not to bother. So, is this apathy? There is a difference between apathy and total action.  When the &apos;you&apos; isn&apos;t getting in the way, it flows, it happens, and action is total - this includes study, manual work, relationship - the whole gamut.  The kingdom of heaven is laid out across the whole world - total action is a gift to the world. 

".........

are certain is "apathy" ?

Ohso:

Another Sufi mystic, Junnaid, the master of al-Hillaj Mansoor. Al-Hillaj became world famous because he was murdered; hence Junnaid fell into shadow. But the few sentences, fragments, that have survived from Junnaid are really great. Otherwise how could he have produced a disciple like al-Hillaj Mansoor? Only a few stories, verses and statements remain, all of them fragmentary. That is the way of the mystic: he does not even bother to connect them into a whole. He does not make a garland of flowers, but only heaps them. It is up to you to choose.

Junnaid said to al-Hillaj Mansoor, "What you have known, keep it to yourself. Do not shout ana'l haq! so loudly. If you say it, you will say it in such a way that nobody can hear you."

Everybody has been unjust to Junnaid. They thought he was a little afraid. It is not so. It is easy to know the truth, it is easy to declare it; it is immensely difficult to keep it in your heart undeclared, unpronounced. Let those who want to come to the well of your being, to your silence.

"
 "are certain is apathy"? 
What are you talking about?  No, forget it, don't bother.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81752
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
10:42AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

you posted > So, is this apathy? There is a difference between apathy and total action. <  then  explained without a response to the question

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81755
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
10:43AM EDT 
vertical line Yes, and you brought "certain" into it. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81756
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
10:57AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

asked if were certain

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81757
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
10:59AM EDT 
vertical line Go away.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81759
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
11:01AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81760
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
11:21AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line It worked!

I don't care.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81762
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
11:29AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

yet cared enough to post "I don't care" ;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81763
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
11:35AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line 3 words, big deal...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81764
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
11:41AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line number of words doesn't change > yet cared enough to post "I don't care"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81765
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
01:54PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line i'm going out to work in the garden, and clean  the bird houses.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81766
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
02:12PM EDT 
vertical line Worked out in the garden, cleaned the hen-houses [2}, bedded out 1 with aubiose [bedroom], aubiose and clean straw [nest-boxes and underneath perches], left 1 house empty -  moved 1 house [by wheels ] on to fresh ground. Scrubbed/scaleded drinkers [2] - filled 1 with fresh water, filled 1 with fresh water and 10ml apple cyder vinegar, scrubbed/scalded top of feeder - fed mixed corn to hens. Drank glass of ginger beer with ice.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81767
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
02:15PM EDT 
vertical line Two hens have followed me into this house. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81768
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
02:18PM EDT 
vertical line Going into the garden to top up wild-bird feeders with peanuts and black sunflower seeds - sundry foods for the bird-table, clean out the bird-bath and fill with fresh water, check temperature in greenhouse, adjust ventilation. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81769
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
03:45PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Have to find some exterior caulk for tops of bird houses so they won't leak. Then on to the carrot patch to cover with chicken wire. And hand hoe a bit. Ginger brew! Yes, I'm there! : )
Rabbits to get garden weeds, but no brew, or ginger.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81770
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
04:04PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line forgot my gloves
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81771
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
04:13PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "i&apos;m going out to work in the garden, and clean  the bird houses. "

but weren't while typing

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81772
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
04:14PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Going into the garden to top up wild-bird feeders with peanuts and black sunflower seeds - sundry foods for the bird-table, clean out the bird-bath and fill with fresh water, check temperature in greenhouse, adjust ventilation. "

but weren't while typing

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81773
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
04:16PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Have to find some exterior caulk for tops of bird houses so they won&apos;t leak. Then on to the carrot patch to cover with chicken wire. And hand hoe a bit. Ginger brew! Yes, I&apos;m there! : ) 
"

"then'"wasn't while typing

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81774
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
May.06.2008
05:24PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line "sssllluuuurrrpppp!!!"  ginger brew!!

oak splinter, in my left thumb... no typing for that one... ness

had to retool my stakes.

"Carrot, Little Finger?"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81776
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
05:41PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: ""sssllluuuurrrpppp!!!"  ginger brew!!

oak splinter, in my left thumb... no typing for that one... ness

had to retool my stakes.

"Carrot, Little Finger?"
"

:) is gone

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81779
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.06.2008
06:59PM EDT 
vertical line thought project
none
thought recompense
none
thought result
none

virgin 
dibbing grounds
verdant fruit 
flower
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81780
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.06.2008
07:34PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81781
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
08:12PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line good song
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81782
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
08:13PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line again
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81783
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
08:18PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

time in a bottle.

i dig this song.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81784
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.06.2008
08:22PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line

Paradoxically, it's the 'you' who asks: "Why even bother"? - another question about an apparent choice/no-choice - separation is implied. But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything. There isn't a someone there to bother or not to bother. So, is this apathy? There is a difference between apathy and total action.  When the 'you' isn't getting in the way, it flows, it happens, and action is total - this includes study, manual work, relationship - the whole gamut.  The kingdom of heaven is laid out across the whole world - total action is a gift to the world. 

"

aye
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81786
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.06.2008
08:23PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line before you say it is or is not
you're a dead man on the spot
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81787
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.06.2008
08:33PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line the question over apathy or action

it came
it gone
it never was here

no need to worry
you're already here, dear
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81788
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.06.2008
08:40PM EDT 
Email 9999999

But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything.

"

oh?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81789
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
May.06.2008
09:35PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "i got quake 3. i can get quake though."
The original with chaos quake extension pack is awsome! Gotta try that!
U got jumping proxy mines (orgasmic to find that weapon after collecting a few zillions
grenades to carpet bomb the map. Heat seeking rockets, laser mines and all the gore
from the original and more, quite fun actually!:)!
I`m in for a game as soon as things settles a little over here, got the old quake install
cd still!:)

(Oh.. and Woods? Shut up, this is nerd business, Ok!?")
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81792
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
09:37PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

nerb buisness? haha.

true.

anyway...............do you have quake 3?

want me to get quake?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81793
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
09:47PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

get steam from www.steampowered .com

then we can play some valve and id games.

theirs epic too.

halflife 1 , unreal tournament 1 and ids games ah,,,,,quake,,,thats its name..haha. is ten bucks. so is half life 2 deathmatch.

right now me and my middle boy are playing half life 2 deathmatch. though his video card sucks.

ever play aliens vs predator 2?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81795
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
May.06.2008
09:51PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line mrnatural332000 is my yahoo name if you want to contact me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81797
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.07.2008
07:09AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "before you say it is or is not
you're a dead man on the spot
"
Stretched between a before and after, attachment lives in duration.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81798
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.07.2008
07:12AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "the question over apathy or action

it came
it gone
it never was here

no need to worry
you're already here, dear
"
Apathy is the flip-side of sympathy.  Action is what is done, what is neglected.  Total action is not-doing. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81799
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.07.2008
07:15AM EDT 

But non-duality is not denying an apparent anything.

"

oh?
"
Representations.

Wandering joy!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81800
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.07.2008
07:30AM EDT 
vertical line Pontius Pilate died under the wheels of a locomotive - no souvenirs - no end to my crap.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81801
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
May.07.2008
07:33AM EDT 
vertical line What's happening jthabuddHA?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81802
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
May.07.2008
02:35PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "the question over apathy or action

it came
it gone
it never was here

no need to worry
you&apos;re already here, dear
"
Apathy is the flip-side of sympathy.  Action is what is done, what is neglected.  Total action is not-doing. 

"

"

"it gone" "no need to worry", rusticHA

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81804
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
May.07.2008
04:28PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line Quote: "What's happening jthabuddHA?"

oHoHOHOHOHOHOhehehehHEEHEHHEHE
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81805
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
May.08.2008
05:54PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Hello, Nice to see you all are doing well. Work is going well for me. You all take good care.Rock in Rory.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81813
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
May.08.2008
05:54PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line Hello, Nice to see you all are doing well. Work is going well for me. You all take good care.Rock in Rory.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 81814
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA SET : STATUE & FIGURINE COLLECTION
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s