history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Oct 20 2014 07:19AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time, there were a father and a son of a family in a busy city. The father was a very skillful thief in the city. He was getting older and older and worried about his son, who was still rather young and knew nothing about his... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: IT
vertical line Posted on Jun.04.2008 @ 10:45PM EDT by 9999999
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2685/nevertm2.jpg[/img]

or if that doesn't work
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nevertm2.jpg

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email 9999999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Jun.04.2008
10:48PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line this
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83045
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.05.2008
03:07AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

clapclap link worked ;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83050
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.05.2008
03:37AM EDT 
vertical line clap, clap, yeah, congrats, nice looking tread you got going there:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83051
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.05.2008
08:45AM EDT 
vertical line Give him Fat.  He can take it. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83053
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.05.2008
10:45AM EDT 
vertical line Ever tried going with the flow?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83059
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.05.2008
11:41AM EDT 
vertical line What flow?

There's a fly on the table looking for food. Whenever I move, it flies away to where it sizes up the situation, then it flies back and carries on with its unfinished business.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83061
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jun.05.2008
08:28PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line haahahah............thats so kewl.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83066
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from glorymind
Jun.06.2008
06:12AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "this "

Here's Mannion talking about Schopenhauer in Schopenhauer, Religion and Morality: The Humble Path To Ethics:
The way we know our ultimate nature is by a series of acts, not as it is, whole in itself. In other words, the individual innermost self is identical in-itself to what underlies the whole of reality itself but we do not know it as it is in-itself.

Here's a quote from Schopenhauer:
Gradually, especially during the time of Scholasticism and later, God has been dressed in all kinds of qualities; but enlightenment has forced him to take them all off, were there not the scruple that the results of this might then be that there were only garments with nothing in them. Now there are two garments that cannot be taken off, in other words two inseperable qualities of God, namely personality and causality. These must also be found in the concept of God and are the most necessary characteristics. As soon as we remove these, we may well be able to speak of God, but we can no longer have any conception of him.

But I say that in this temporal and sensuous world of our understanding there are indeed personality and causality, in fact they are even necessary. However, the better consciousness in me lifts me into a world where there is no longer personality and causality or subject and object. My hope and belief is that this better (supersensuous and extratemporal) consciousness will become my only one, and for that reason I hope that it is no God. But if anyone wants to use the expression God symbolically for that better consciousness itself or for much that we are unable to separate and to name, so let it be, yet not amongs philosophers I should have thought.

My thoughts: how did you draw it without thinking about it?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83073
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.06.2008
08:19AM EDT 
vertical line He didn't. That's the point, then the pencil.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83080
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this GREEN TARA
by Siddhimuni Sakya
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s