history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Jul 26 2014 03:13PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: RESPECT, ON A ONE DIMENSIONAL PLANE.
vertical line Posted on Jun.27.2008 @ 02:41PM EDT by Woodsman
First, there is a question, that stops the supposed  "qualified mind" in seeking freedom from death, when death is associated with silence, and giving back to emptiness from which all things arise, and return to, the beginning. There is only one truth... to be, after the death, moving, free from the conditions of mind to stay fixed in the past.

And over and over, around and around, in and out, up and down, this way and that, we attempt to secure ourselves, and learn to forget what we really are, moving with, or without, thought. There is a spontaneous arising of unconditioned wealth, for the poverty of spirit, in giving.

And we challenge others on a boundless plane of unlimited perception or continual arising, from what? Where is chon tri?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Woodsman
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.27.2008
06:59PM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God.

It comes and goes as it comes and goes and nothing stops it.  Qualified, supposed, otherwise...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83633
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.27.2008
08:29PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line In the beginning is the inexplicable, the present moment defies definition, reality itself defies logic, there  is not logic in suffering, less in the relief of suffering. Suffering is the unspoken word not of disbelief, but of a realization of the non-dual in all time...  no beginning, no ending. So be it, wordless.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83634
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.28.2008
09:19AM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line 'In the beginning' implies 'in the end', but in the boundless there are beginnings and endings for each sustains the next.  Respect, then. 

But why on a one dimensional plane?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83635
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.28.2008
09:44AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Here, there is no sound, smell,  or touch. Only use of the visual sense through writing. Not to say that vision is not a door to awakening, nor that there is not intention or application of the written word. One's intentions have to be write, or right,  I mean. Part of the loss of this site, or sight, has been the leaving of Chon Tri, but this is understood, one one dimension, my dimension.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83636
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from glorymind
Jun.28.2008
11:02AM EDT 
vertical line Great Spirits
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83637
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.28.2008
12:24PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "In the beginning is the inexplicable, the present moment defies definition, reality itself defies logic, there  is not logic in suffering, less in the relief of suffering. Suffering is the unspoken word not of disbelief, but of a realization of the non-dual in all time...  no beginning, no ending. So be it, wordless.

"

Inexplicable to the translator: the silence within the words.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83638
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.28.2008
12:29PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Here, there is no sound, smell,  or touch. Only use of the visual sense through writing. Not to say that vision is not a door to awakening, nor that there is not intention or application of the written word. One's intentions have to be write, or right,  I mean. Part of the loss of this site, or sight, has been the leaving of Chon Tri, but this is understood, one one dimension, my dimension.

"

Suffering because of "ones intentions..." I don't understand the bit about 'part of the loss of this site, or sight, has been the leaving of Chon Tri'.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83639
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.28.2008
12:43PM EDT 
vertical line The kindest thing You can do for Me is to negate every thing I say.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83640
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.28.2008
01:00PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "The kindest thing You can do for Me is to negate every thing I say. "

Or, do it for yourself. Because of the one dimensional plane of print I cannot hear anything you say, unless you speak from the eternal source, which is now, as sound is the next thing you hear. Listen. Or look directly into reality. The greatest gift is this life if directly in front of you, or under you, is you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83641
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.29.2008
06:54AM EDT 
vertical line The right thing to do while we wait for nothing:

The thing abouth superstition - Explore The Wonder and the Real  Truth!

Something never ment for you to see! - Thing kept from The public for over 20 years!

Everything explained part I - A Spiritual gesture of comfort- Anything will do.
Everything explained part II - The Thing Defining Tought and Values- Secret of Quality

(Warning! Contains graphical Footage and New Revelations that Might alter Youre view on The Thing We all Loved and Cherised in Life)

In honor of John, the humble Son of a Carpenter.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83642
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.29.2008
07:45AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "The kindest thing You can do for Me is to negate every thing I say. "

Or, do it for yourself. Because of the one dimensional plane of print I cannot hear anything you say, unless you speak from the eternal source, which is now, as sound is the next thing you hear. Listen. Or look directly into reality. The greatest gift is this life if directly in front of you, or under you, is you.
"

Not all that is said involves sound - language says; the silent word says; the movement says; the emotion says; the eye says; the touch says - there isn't anything that isn't saying - our language is limited only by the limit of our world. So instead of doubting the 'evidence' of our senses, as a line of enquiry into the nature of reality, perhaps we should pay closer attention to what is really being said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83643
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.29.2008
09:51AM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line kick at the rock Sam Johnson, break your bones,
but cloudy, cloudy is the stuff of stones.

we milk the cow of the world, and as we do,
we whisper in her ear, 'you are not true'.

(Richard Wilbur)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83644
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.29.2008
11:19AM EDT 
vertical line

Having Misidentified a Wild-Flower

A thrush, because I'd been wrong,
Burst rightly into song
In a world not vague, not lonely,
Not governed by me only.

Richard Wilbur
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83645
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.29.2008
11:32AM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line (gassho)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83646
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jun.29.2008
12:55PM EDT 
vertical line Thnx. Feel like I `ve stolen you`re poet thou.. :) Stumbled upon it when googling you`re poem and lazily just copypasted it directly with its fontsize and layout intact. Tought afterwards it looked kinda flashy in a rude/ competitive way compared to yours:)

(Namasté)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83647
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jun.29.2008
01:55PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: Or, do it for yourself. Because of the one dimensional plane of print I cannot hear anything you say, unless you speak from the eternal source, which is now, as sound is the next thing you hear. Listen. Or look directly into reality. The greatest gift is this life if directly in front of you, or under you, is you."

poo

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83648
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.29.2008
04:09PM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line Quote: "Thnx. Feel like I `ve stolen you`re poet thou.. :) Stumbled upon it when googling you`re poem and lazily just copypasted it directly with its fontsize and layout intact. Tought afterwards it looked kinda flashy in a rude/ competitive way compared to yours:)

(Namasté)
"

Not at all.  I thought it was an extremely good reply.  It seems complementary rather than competitive.

Although all the senses are poor substitutes for the thing itself, and words poorer still, sometimes you just have to say something. Sometimes saying something is enough. (even written down)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83650
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.29.2008
04:39PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Quote: Or, do it for yourself. Because of the one dimensional plane of print I cannot hear anything you say, unless you speak from the eternal source, which is now, as sound is the next thing you hear. Listen. Or look directly into reality. The greatest gift is this life if directly in front of you, or under you, is you."

poo

"

Yes, I do.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83651
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from poor monk
Jun.29.2008
06:00PM EDT 
Email poor monk
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

poo

"

Yes, I do.
"

Me too...  There we are, even in one dimension we can find some commonality.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83654
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.29.2008
06:05PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Don't even get me started on string theory. Like, I know nothing, I just work, well, with others.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83655
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jun.29.2008
06:10PM EDT 
vertical line I think craptastic is an extremely good reply.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83656
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.29.2008
06:53PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line But, let's keep in mind that extremes in any dimension are all, about, absolutes. It is in finding a way between the two extremes that we are, here, still.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83658
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jun.29.2008
06:56PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Oh crap, I gotta get to work, am late... but, but, but... I feel an excuse comin'.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83660
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.07.2008
08:54AM EDT 
vertical line This post is a psychophysical construction conditioned by ephemeral so-called internal and external factors. It is the result of a mechanical action based on impulse and stimuli. It appears to be a slave of taste and yet recognises its dependence on passion, impulse and the eating habit which is always saying, 'eat something'. I am, however, not this post.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83733
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 77 zen ror
Jul.07.2008
07:29PM EDT 
Email 77 zen ror
vertical line You have your understanding on all this. You are awaken and on the right plane. Go with what you fell. Not what others make it all to be. Live and let live. You are you and we like that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83736
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA INCENSE HOLDER
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s