history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 01 2014 09:45AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling. Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection. "Come on, girl" said Tanzan at... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SHARING AN EMAIL
vertical line Posted on Jul.17.2008 @ 01:17AM EDT by 9999999
Wrote this to someone who tossed me the idea of visiting a certain "zen master" in india. 

I wrote to her and asked her to tell me about the satsang.  I received an automated reply telling me somewhere that the cost is $1000 (40,000 r.).  That was frustrating.  I wanted to know what questions she would be throwing at me and what kind of things I would be asking myself.  I do not have that much money let alone the additional costs of food, flights, and room.  I'd end up going there, and she'd tell me to toss off my beliefs.  The beliefs are all someone else's anyway.  I have nothing original.  Even everything I've said in past emails are not my own.  They are all acquired by the intellect--whatever that is if there is one.  "myself" "enlightenment" "liberation" and everything else has been programmed (if I may use that word) into this organism.  I read about this stuff some time ago and this is how the organism reacted (frantically doing everything it could to "get it").

I found it hard to take apart my own beliefs because I was always hiding something from myself.  I probably still have some.  I don't know.  I might as well just say "screw it all" and leave them all in the dust.  Consequently, there goes the whole search for Truth--The baby gets tossed out with the bathwater.

Without using thought/knowledge/memory for all I know I am free floating. 

No source and no limit can be found as far as "my" true nature goes.  It has the capacity to register everything that is apparently going on ceaselessly.  Whatever is registering everything ceaselessly has no way of separating itself from what is being registered.  The separation arises in thought.  Thought is fleeting and unreal in itself.  There is no separation.  This was all a big dumb game for the intellect to play.  Nothing happened/s to whatever constantly registers everything.

Here is a terrible simile describing what is left:  It is like driving a car into a wall at 100 MPH.  The car and the driver were crushed against the wall and exploded in a ball of flames.  Something made it to the other side of the wall(???????????????).  What was left nobody will ever know.

The above is just a simile and no actual "sensations" were felt.  I don't know anything about what I'm left with. 

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email 9999999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.17.2008
04:12AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I am a garbage picker. Saw a large metal can in the trash, which immediately drew my attention to it, pulled off the paper wrapper to expose the shiny surface of the metal underneath, and this is where I saw something... the can can now become a new item, by being saved from the trash, and tooled removing any nature of original intent, the can now resembles a ball, with all hard edges ball-peened out. No one told me to visit this place, but I did... it was free, less than free, garbage, waste, refuse, what is left after all the good stuff is extracted.  So it goes on display, right under the tootsie pop prayer flags. It's my tidbit singing bowl. Made from trash, to be thrown out as useless, when now it's not, one can pick up the piece and see one's face in each and every facet. And when you set it down it has a ring sound to it, now too with a voice. The container stands out alone, in need of a home, by giving birth to other ideas which are nontraditional and free to make. Freedom is the key to make it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83832
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jul.17.2008
03:50PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

> Here is a terrible simile describing what is left:  >

"terrible"  ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83839
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Jul.17.2008
04:34PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line Quote: "

"terrible"  ?

"

terrible is a word for all words
HRAEHRAHREHHEHHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHE
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83842
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jul.17.2008
06:02PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"terrible"  ?

"

"

HEHEHEHEHE

"

"

"

"

HEHEHEHEHE

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83843
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.17.2008
08:47PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Stay on the topic!!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83845
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.17.2008
09:51PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line So far, soooo goooooddd. I'll be checking back in a few. Chow now, bow cow.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83846
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.17.2008
11:41PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Good job, way to stay off topic.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83847
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.18.2008
04:48AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"terrible"  ?

"

"
Nonsense.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83848
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.18.2008
04:49AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"terrible"  ?

"

"

HEHEHEHEHE

"

"

"

"

HEHEHEHEHE

"

Sharing a poo.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83849
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.18.2008
04:50AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Good job, way to stay off topic. "

Better still, stay off the thread.

Even bestest still, stay out of forums. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83850
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.18.2008
05:23AM EDT 
vertical line "Wrote this to someone who tossed me the idea of visiting a certain "zen master" in india.  

I wrote to her and asked her to tell me about the satsang.  I received an automated reply telling me somewhere that the cost is $1000 (40,000 r.).  That was frustrating.  I wanted to know what questions she would be throwing at me and what kind of things I would be asking myself.  I do not have that much money let alone the additional costs of food, flights, and room.  I'd end up going there, and she'd tell me to toss off my beliefs.  The beliefs are all someone else's anyway.  I have nothing original.  Even everything I've said in past emails are not my own.  They are all acquired by the intellect--whatever that is if there is one.  "myself" "enlightenment" "liberation" and everything else has been programmed (if I may use that word) into this organism.  I read about this stuff some time ago and this is how the organism reacted (frantically doing everything it could to "get it"). 

I found it hard to take apart my own beliefs because I was always hiding something from myself.  I probably still have some.  I don't know.  I might as well just say "screw it all" and leave them all in the dust.  Consequently, there goes the whole search for Truth--The baby gets tossed out with the bathwater.

Without using thought/knowledge/memory for all I know I am free floating.  

No source and no limit can be found as far as "my" true nature goes.  It has the capacity to register everything that is apparently going on ceaselessly.  Whatever is registering everything ceaselessly has no way of separating itself from what is being registered.  The separation arises in thought.  Thought is fleeting and unreal in itself.  There is no separation.  This was all a big dumb game for the intellect to play.  Nothing happened/s to whatever constantly registers everything.

Here is a terrible simile describing what is left:  It is like driving a car into a wall at 100 MPH.  The car and the driver were crushed against the wall and exploded in a ball of flames.  Something made it to the other side of the wall(???????????????).  What was left nobody will ever know.

The above is just a simile and no actual "sensations" were felt.  I don't know anything about what I'm left with.  "

Why worry about taking apart your beliefs?  Why even try, when it isn't possible?  You only think that you can hide something from yourself.  Be grateful for the intellect - when it isn't required, don't use it.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83858
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Jul.18.2008
02:00PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line oh....DUH
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83880
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jul.18.2008
04:08PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line hehehe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83893
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jul.18.2008
04:10PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Good job, way to stay off topic. "

Better still, stay off the thread.

Even bestest still, stay out of forums. 

"

"

yet you posted rustic

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83894
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jul.18.2008
04:11PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Good job, way to stay off topic. "

what's on-off topic ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83895
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.18.2008
04:28PM EDT 
vertical line Ask Alan.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83899
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.18.2008
09:34PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Beg him. Like this, like this... ahem. Ah, Al, An? All Ans? Alaneena? Alburger? Alancappichino?, I think I speeled that wrong... Albur? Albird? And now go outside, and if ya get crapped on, he will have answered you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83926
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Jul.18.2008
09:43PM EDT 
vertical line Would YOU know truth if YOU found it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83928
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.18.2008
10:56PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Absolutely not!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 83933
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN
by Lucy Bishop
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s