history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Sep 20 2014 10:03PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.20.2009 @ 11:07PM EDT by chontri

Bhikkhus, what is ignorance?
Not knowing suffering,
Not knowing the origin of suffering,
Not knowing the cessation of suffering,
Not knowing the path leading to... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: HEAVEN
vertical line Posted on Jul.29.2008 @ 08:55PM EDT by shayne

if theirs a heaven why not just kill yourself now and go their. if this life is such hell or some kind of battlegrounds between satan and god then why not just end it.

me personally dont beleive in such malarky. this life is heaven. and the cyclic events of death and life ARE as they appear.

sure their is ALOT of lies perpatrated. but one has to see past them.

life is how it appears.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.29.2008
09:23PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line not that i endorse such actions. make this life heaven is what i say.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84298
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
09:35AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Ok, so ///i worked last night. And listen to what I said. No I 'm goin' ta sleep,

which is heaven, as always... rest for the weary, ahhh...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84301
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from glorymind
Jul.30.2008
10:10AM EDT 
vertical line It's against "God" (religion) to end oneself. So, I'm afraid, you must continue to suffer along with the rest of us... in this god-forsaken hell :)

A friend of mine once said that life - here - on Earth is the easy part. Chronologically between our retreat from and return to the spiritual world.

"sure their is ALOT of lies perpatrated. but one has to see past them."

"life is how it appears"

So, you're into intuitionalism? Do you ever get the feeling that you're wrong?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84307
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
02:35PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line For the "Christian" in us (bear with me) there is not a heaven in the here and now, because it is a final resting place with streets of gold. What's wrong with that image, a self-image created around a future place that we will be, based on what? A sacrifice.

For heaven to be future focused, we are living with a conditional future, or not really knowing where we are at, or God, in any "heavenly" sense. Heaven, is a place where God walks with us, talks with us, "and tells me I am his own".  A God who we have never engaged in this life, we are gonna meet in the next... How dumb is that? Ah, that is why we are Buddhist, roughly, created out of, of having comie out of a false belief, a rigid belief in a non-attainable future state, which does not exist in the now, at least not without having some ranting preacher to put up with. Ah, no, thanks, be to God. The thanks goes directly to God, as Jesus does, still alive, never dead. Heaven is a present realm for what never dies, and is free of suffering.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84309
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
04:38PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "It's against "God" (religion) to end oneself. So, I'm afraid, you must continue to suffer along with the rest of us... in this god-forsaken hell :)

A friend of mine once said that life - here - on Earth is the easy part. Chronologically between our retreat from and return to the spiritual world.

"sure their is ALOT of lies perpatrated. but one has to see past them."

"life is how it appears"

So, you're into intuitionalism? Do you ever get the feeling that you're wrong?

"

once in awhile. haha. but generally speaking ill take heaven as a big fat NO. besides i LIKE this earth for the most part.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84312
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
04:39PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "For the "Christian" in us (bear with me) there is not a heaven in the here and now, because it is a final resting place with streets of gold. What's wrong with that image, a self-image created around a future place that we will be, based on what? A sacrifice.

For heaven to be future focused, we are living with a conditional future, or not really knowing where we are at, or God, in any "heavenly" sense. Heaven, is a place where God walks with us, talks with us, "and tells me I am his own".  A God who we have never engaged in this life, we are gonna meet in the next... How dumb is that? Ah, that is why we are Buddhist, roughly, created out of, of having comie out of a false belief, a rigid belief in a non-attainable future state, which does not exist in the now, at least not without having some ranting preacher to put up with. Ah, no, thanks, be to God. The thanks goes directly to God, as Jesus does, still alive, never dead. Heaven is a present realm for what never dies, and is free of suffering.
"

fictional beleifs.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84313
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:05PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Kwatz!!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84317
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:08PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Kwatz!!! "

WOBBA!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84319
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:12PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Kwatz!!! "

WOBBA!

"

!?...
Women Order Bull Bra Alternatives?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84321
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:14PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line What other beginning benefits arise?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84322
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:14PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

ok. so theirs a heaven. seeing as to the fact i believe in the soul. but maybe their is reincarnation AND heaven.

ill meet ya halfway.

haha.

ya reincarnate till your complete then you go to heaven.

seeing as to the fact its been 2008 years since jesus came back and even countless more since siddhatha.

id have to say..................WHAT ARE YA WAITING FOR?

haha.

mere speculation.

i still feel make this life heaven. not go to heaven.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84323
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:16PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line er not since jesus came back but not came back.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84325
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:17PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Kwatzookeeannie-ok-lee!!!???

Ya don't have to be yes!

But you will.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84327
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:18PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "er not since jesus came back but not came back."

Man, you is gonna be hard to unconvert.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84328
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:19PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

little nut!

hahaahaah.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84329
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:20PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "er not since jesus came back but not came back."

Man, you is gonna be hard to unconvert.
"

i quess.............unconvert to what? dont you mean convert?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84330
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:23PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line i am satisfied with Jesus, but is Jesus satisfied with me?

Let's ask him.

Hey, ah, nevermind.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84333
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:26PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line dont worry about it, im not gonna attempt to even live up to someone elses expectations. i do good in this world cause i want too. not cause i fear the flame of hell.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84336
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:28PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Yeah, sure. I don't believe you. There, you can now relate to that. Ya little sinner!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84339
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:32PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line relate my ass. if not for my out of body experience at my moms id still be a atheist.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84341
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
05:33PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line of course my out of body experience put me over the edge and i found its part of the reason i snapped like i did.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84342
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Jul.30.2008
05:47PM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "of course my out of body experience put me over the edge and i found its part of the reason i snapped like i did."

When you were out of body, which reality were you in?

How many realities are there?

Is reality reality no matter what?

Is infinite experience possible in reality?

Is reality itself not infinite experience?

In body, out of body, in someone elses body, in a tree, it all happens now, and now is here, and thats all.

Could you have an out of body experience in heaven?

Ask someone who lives there, but tell me where you are when you ask them, and how would you know that you are asking them?

Now!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84343
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
05:59PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Yes. And the topic is heaven, not oob experiences.  Or on second thought... Nope, we're sayin' in heaven! Before any unusual experiences. So now, just cut wood, carry water in  heaven stuff.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84344
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
06:01PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Heaven is an honor of the sublime in the simplicity, at all times in the present..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84345
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
06:53PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line In heaven the past is dropped, all sin is gone, wiped clean. Sin actually becomes a fertile base for growth, and an identification with the suffering of others, with all fear gone. We go through this together as one.

The future heaven becomes as unreal as past sin which kept one out. And we begin to closely examine everything around us, observing the nature of God's arising in all matter, sound, at present, without expectations of any difference, other than with being with one, what is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84346
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:02PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line bull malarky. haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84348
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:08PM EDT 
Email shayne

Quote: "of course my out of body experience put me over the edge and i found its part of the reason i snapped like i did."

When you were out of body, which reality were you in?

How many realities are there?

Is reality reality no matter what?

Is infinite experience possible in reality?

Is reality itself not infinite experience?

In body, out of body, in someone elses body, in a tree, it all happens now, and now is here, and thats all.

Could you have an out of body experience in heaven?

Ask someone who lives there, but tell me where you are when you ask them, and how would you know that you are asking them?

Now!

"

"

the world was the same save i wasnt seen. or least the story goes. i still kinda think my mom lied. for what reason is unknown. she said doors opened by themselves and all i remember is i kept on trying to get her attention and she wouldnt acknowledge me. she even came in my room and asked me if i was downstairs and i was like........yeah i came down to help ya. that and i remember practically flying down the stairs. i was real light.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84349
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
08:13PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "bull malarky. haha"

purgatory  hehe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84350
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
08:16PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I had an oob experience when I was takin' a crap once. I feel a nother one leavin' right n... gotta go!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84351
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:18PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

make this life heaven. not no afterlife.

death is death.

life is life.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84352
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
08:20PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line shayne is shaynee
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84353
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:22PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "bull malarky. haha"

purgatory  hehe
"

oh thanks. i appreacite that one. whats purgatory anyway. another made up concept?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84354
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
08:27PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line purgatory is where your mom went when you had the oob experience shayneepoo

hey, it's a beginning anyway
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84355
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:30PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line ah ok........she didnt go to no purgatory.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84356
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:32PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

ever listen to jewel. her music is heavenly.

punk.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84357
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
08:35PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line THIS is the heavenly life and pain is part of it of which is to be accepted.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84358
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
08:48PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line i thinketh that thou doest protest too much! to be wrong! Oh oh Oh oh.... ah ah ah Oh oh Oh on... nah nah NO no Nah No nO no aah ahh...>>>??///??//
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84359
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
09:05PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line heaven is like   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______---
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------___________
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
09:10PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______---
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------___________----
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______________
_______________________________________________________________________-
__________________________________________________________--------------------___
_____________________________________________________________--------______

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84361
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.30.2008
09:20PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line lets not spam and stay on topic can you johny cat?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84362
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
10:51PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------___________----
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_____________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  but, i weren't finished
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________spam, and eggs

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________spam  spam spam 
"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84363
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.30.2008
10:56PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line That's no spam man! That's the sun, or son rising in the heavens, or heaven.
Did I ever tell you how there are no words in heaven. No concepts either. Kinda Buddhish huh?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84365
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.31.2008
07:36AM EDT 

Quote: "Quote: "bull malarky. haha"

purgatory  hehe
"

oh thanks. i appreacite that one. whats purgatory anyway. another made up concept?

"

Ah, you don't appreciate it thought, do you? And yes, it's a concept, an idea, just like your asura and all those other Buddhist (which is a concept), terms you churn out. And then there's you of course, another concept which is all about you so you can tell them all about the concepts.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84367
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Jul.31.2008
07:58AM EDT 
vertical line Chimera - thinking you're in heaven while you're living in hell.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84372
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jul.31.2008
08:49AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Don't make me have to get Jesus on ya, or two of ya! He wouldn't take kindly to any dual-ity of words. Trust me... i don't know.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Jul.31.2008
11:15AM EDT 
vertical line AAAALAAN!...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84380
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jul.31.2008
02:28PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "Chimera - thinking you're in heaven while you're living in hell. "

a lie.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84383
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.01.2008
08:11AM EDT 
vertical line Concept.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84399
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Aug.01.2008
01:48PM EDT 
vertical line Stupid Bellerophon!:(..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84408
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.01.2008
02:28PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line how dare he call alan jesus... mary, maybe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84412
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.01.2008
04:09PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "AAAALAAN!... "

hehehe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84419
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Aug.03.2008
10:54AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

i asked my gf if they poop in heaven and she said yes.

hahaha,

woodsman do they poop in heaven?

and do they have a septic system or do you bury it in a cloud?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84479
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.03.2008
01:15PM EDT 
vertical line They spread it around, then it don't smell so bad.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 84486
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN CIRCLE
by Torei Enji
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s