history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 31 2014 04:04PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ta-mei Fa-chang (752-839) was a Chinese Ch'an master. After he got awakened under
the Great master Ma-tsu Tao-i (709-788), he went to the Ta-mei mountain and resided there.
One day there was a traveling monk who got lost in the Ta-mei... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE SOUND OF ONE HAND PATTING
vertical line Posted on Aug.22.2008 @ 04:29PM EDT by Snibbler
Prrrrrrr.......rrrrrrrr......rrrrrrrrrr........rrrrrrr.......rrrrrrr
Go to Latest Reply 
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.22.2008
04:46PM EDT 
vertical line He will when you drop a dime on him.
vertical line Topic closed! 85286
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.22.2008
06:03PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Um, that sounds political and is anti Buhhish and, report worthy! Ho HO ho, when a/an say go.
vertical line Topic closed! 85298
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Aug.22.2008
06:07PM EDT 
vertical line Don`t you dare!
vertical line Topic closed! 85302
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.22.2008
06:55PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Who cares, check out this documentary! US is FUBAR!:)
Like Armitage speaks of how the Whole World tought Bush a Geniuse and celebrated when Saddams statue toppled! He`s an insider and really seem to believe we watch the same garbage and don`t read papers over here too or?!
The Whole World was humongous impressed by the small group of selected people bussed in to the area under military planning to topple some never mind statue with ittybitty help of a bulldozer. (US is long since way up there togheter with some chubby Chinese singing talents. I`m not saying that we are so much better over here, like Putin and his Russia's "unfortunate Muslim terrorist attacks" But he is good! While you guys most probable are forced to relate to more and more absurd horrendous stupidity before the rest of the Kennedy`s are dead and the second coming of Christ)

"

" . . . while you guys . . . most probable forced to relate . . . "?
Who guys? What guys? Do you think that everyone posting on this board lives in the US?
vertical line Topic closed! 85307
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.22.2008
07:03PM EDT 
vertical line Are you the sound of one Bullmaastiff panting?
vertical line Topic closed! 85310
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Aug.22.2008
07:50PM EDT 
vertical line SShhhh.......... 
vertical line Topic closed! 85313
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.22.2008
07:52PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "SShhhh.......... "

ahhh, under all that fluff you’re really a miniature Toy Poodle with Bullmaastiff pretensions . . . hahahaha
vertical line Topic closed! 85314
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.22.2008
08:08PM EDT 
vertical line Characteristically, it’s often the fascist who says “I’m not saying that we are so much better over here . . . ”; it’s the fascist who is intolerant of sounds from the “you guys”, the fascist who does the shushing - it seems to be a part of the fascist psychological make-up wanting to shut the “you guys” up.
vertical line Topic closed! 85315
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Aug.23.2008
04:39AM EDT 
vertical line Shhh..
vertical line Topic closed! 85317
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.23.2008
06:50AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

I have been waiting for some brave  man to get up one day and ask me to stop my talk. That would be a joy, to discuss matters with such a man!

Osho

vertical line Topic closed! 85318
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.23.2008
01:38PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

I have been waiting for some brave  man to get up one day and ask me to stop my talk. That would be a joy, to discuss matters with such a man!

Osho

"

“Brave man”? So you would “ask” Osho to “stop his talk” by shhing ‘fascist’ at him like the sound of hot air escaping from a balloon? Have the strong fumes you breathed for a year in your apartment got rid of your brain as well as your belly?

There is a beautiful simile known in India, that it is the empty vessel that makes the noise, when it is filled with water it makes no noise.
~Hazrat Inayat Khan

vertical line Topic closed! 85345
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.23.2008
01:49PM EDT 
vertical line The latent wolfness in domestic dog-breeds is ustilised efffectively to pen domesticated herd-animals. The psyche of the sheepdog, for example, is unconsciously nonplussed when the shepherd doesn’t rush in to kill the sheep, but soon gets used to the way his master does things. Dogs work well off the leash when they have been trained to a satisfactory standard on the leash - the dog behaviour is then controlled psychologically via the invisible leash. The inherent quality of loyalty in dogs (loyal to the pack because therein lies the best chance for a meal), is used to train guards, hunters, trackers, sniffers, guides for the blind and police auxiliaries. In expert hands, a dog will even lead his master’s enemy to his master’s house.

It is vital that a domesticated dog living as part of a human family knows his place. For the dog, the family is a pack and he must learn very quickly that his position in the pack is below that of the smallest, most vulnerable human child. Virtually all problems associated with aggression in family pet dogs, arises because the dog believes itself to be top-dog (leader of the pack) or is vying for the position, sensing an opening.

Dogs started off as sentinels, guards to warn of approach. A dog is proud of the services he offers to his master and hates the cat for purring and alienating his master’s affections from his honest crap-eating face. Plus, cats have no sense of right and wrong. This is why dogs hate cats. Dogs are the only other animal apart from humans with a knowledge of right and wrong - the only other self righteous animal.

Cats, however began as psychic companions. Cats do not offer services. The cat offers herself.

At one time all new Nazi SS recruits were given a pet kitten to care for, to look after form a month or so. Initiation involved, on the order of a superior officer, the gouging out of the eye of the pet kitten. The idea is to demonstrate a lack of empathy, become a superhuman, an Ubermensch by carrying out a subhuman act.

“The snarl of a panther is certainly more dangerous than the snarl of a dog, but it isn’t ugly. A cat’s rage is beautiful, burning with a pure cat flame and crackling blue sparks, eyes blazing and sputtering. But a dog’s snarl is ugly, a redneck lynch-mob snarl . . . snarl of someone got a “Kill a Queer for Christ” sticker on his heap, a self-righteous occupied snarl. When you see that snarl you are looking at something that has no face of its own. A dog’s rage is not his. It is dictated by his trainer. And lynch-mob rage is dictated by conditioning.”
~William Burroughs
vertical line Topic closed! 85346
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.23.2008
01:54PM EDT 
vertical line The previous post is for research and educational purposes only.
vertical line Topic closed! 85347
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.23.2008
02:46PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line If you meet the Osho in the road... ah, um, well, ... huh...
vertical line Topic closed! 85348
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
04:55PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Wu?
vertical line Topic closed! 85357
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.23.2008
05:02PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hand on

hand off

which way

which one?
vertical line Topic closed! 85358
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:07PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line streek of light to the right
vertical line Topic closed! 85362
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:10PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line now we are back to full screen
vertical line Topic closed! 85363
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:10PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line and not
vertical line Topic closed! 85364
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:11PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line hm
vertical line Topic closed! 85365
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:12PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line breaking up
vertical line Topic closed! 85366
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:13PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line all over the place
vertical line Topic closed! 85367
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:14PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line hahahaha
vertical line Topic closed! 85368
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:17PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line ..................
vertical line Topic closed! 85369
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.23.2008
05:17PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line goodbye
vertical line Topic closed! 85370
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.23.2008
06:08PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line hello
vertical line Topic closed! 85371
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
08:30AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Osho

"

“Brave man”? So you would “ask” Osho to “stop his talk” by shhing ‘fascist’ at him like the sound of hot air escaping from a balloon? Have the strong fumes you breathed for a year in your apartment got rid of your brain as well as your belly?

There is a beautiful simile known in India, that it is the empty vessel that makes the noise, when it is filled with water it makes no noise.
~Hazrat Inayat Khan

"

ok...thanks not not responding
vertical line Topic closed! 85410
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
08:33AM EDT 
vertical line And like the fumes, which I can smell but which I don't breathe, I don't accept the gift of the insults either. So, like the fumes remaining with the fumer, the insults remain with the giver.
cheers!
Or
I'm rubber
You're glue blah blah blah
(you probably know the rest)
vertical line Topic closed! 85411
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
08:38AM EDT 
vertical line So, no personal attack on an individual . . . no person, not individual, no attack . . .only an intended one which goes right back to you. Enjoy!
Cheers!
vertical line Topic closed! 85412
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
08:41AM EDT 
vertical line A WHISTLE
Once was on the top of the moutain alone,
Emitted a whistle that chilled throughout the universe.

~ChonTri
vertical line Topic closed! 85413
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:00AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

thought all that suff, rustic, in response to a quote ?

vertical line Topic closed! 85418
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
09:06AM EDT 
vertical line What quote? Concern not yourself with rustic's thoughts. Ask yourself about your own thoughts.
vertical line Topic closed! 85419
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
09:09AM EDT 
vertical line hahahaha yeah, you're a quote.
Oh and before I forget, I'll think when I think and post when I post, I think.
vertical line Topic closed! 85420
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:39AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "What quote?  .........

Osho

vertical line Topic closed! 85427
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:43AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "What quote? Concern not yourself with rustic's thoughts. Ask yourself about your own thoughts. "

what was interpreted in the post as if there was "concern" ?

vertical line Topic closed! 85428
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:43AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "hahahaha 

hehehe

vertical line Topic closed! 85429
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
09:45AM EDT 
vertical line Here's a quote:

"Osho is a pimp."
~ U G Krishnamurti

And another quote:

"Osho is a criminal."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

Didn't stop his talk though. Just made him very angry.
vertical line Topic closed! 85431
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
09:49AM EDT 

Quote: "What quote? Concern not yourself with rustic's thoughts. Ask yourself about your own thoughts. "

"

Your post itself is your concern.
vertical line Topic closed! 85432
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:57AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Here's a quote:

"Osho is a pimp."
~ U G Krishnamurti

And another quote:

"Osho is a criminal."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

"

re: "Osho is a criminal ~Jiddu Krishnamurti"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Osho+is+a+criminal.%22+j+krishnamurti&btnG=Search

are you certain it "made him very angry" ?

vertical line Topic closed! 85434
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
09:57AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

Your post itself is your concern."

"

Your post itself is your concern.
"

no

vertical line Topic closed! 85435
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
10:03AM EDT 

Quote: "Here's a quote:

"Osho is a pimp."
~ U G Krishnamurti

And another quote:

"Osho is a criminal."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

"

re: "Osho is a criminal ~Jiddu Krishnamurti"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Osho+is+a+criminal.%22+j+krishnamurti&btnG=Search

are you certain it "made him very angry" ?

"

It's just a quote. With another quote.
UG says, "Osho is a pimp".
Jiddu says, "Osho is a criminal".
UG says, "Jiddu is a fake, a wordsmith only."
Osho says, "That UG is one angry bitter man who ripped Jiddu off."
Me? I couldn't care less what any of them think about of other. They're all dead.
vertical line Topic closed! 85436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
10:08AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

so what were the quotes posted for ?

vertical line Topic closed! 85437
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.25.2008
10:11AM EDT 
vertical line Because you're nuts. And so you could read them and respond/react to them.
vertical line Topic closed! 85438
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Snibbler
Aug.25.2008
10:57AM EDT 
vertical line ... snff... U make me proud! Go now my dear padva, you`re ready for the world!
vertical line Topic closed! 85439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
04:21PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Because you're nuts. And so you could read them and respond/react to them. "

reacting cannot responding

responding cannot reacting

maybe relax and not try so much to prove you know something about lehish, rustic ?

vertical line Topic closed! 85443
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.25.2008
04:27PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EE-OWbBw60

(not for the title)

vertical line Topic closed! 85444
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Aug.26.2008
08:52AM EDT 
vertical line I rejected the gift of any intended insult from those who have intended the insults and there have been a few intended. So that particular post in question is directed toward those it applies to. There is no need to name them.

Re: the quotes; I posted “respond/react” so there is a choice between respond or react, that is the meaning of the forward slash between the two words. You chose to react.

Re: “maybe relax and not try so much to prove . . .etc” is a (dishonest) assumption (you don’t know whether or not I’m relaxed and maybe have assumed that I am “trying to prove” something). It could have been honest without the word ‘maybe’ - this may indicate that you are not relaxed.

Your comments about rustic thinking all that stuff in response to a quote is sarcastic belittlement.

Re: “you’re nuts” is intended as humour but maybe you interpreted it as insult and may have accepted it by indicating it means I “[think] I know something about lehish”. Perhaps I should snow my posts with smileys. :)

I was under the impression you understood the intentions and what I was saying. However, misunderstandings do arise easily in this medium. You asked what I posted the quotes for, well perhaps you could have explained why you posted the Osho quote and then maybe snibbler could explain why he referred to me as “fascist”, why you keep on shushing fumes, why shayne overtly intended the insult punk, retard, asura blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda - in fact while I think about it you could all just start doing some explaining about why you posted this and that - like you wait hours before shushing another post cold when you had the opportunity to shush it warm. You have no qualms or difficulties in using the word ‘you’ but can’t use the word ‘I’. Even your beloved Osho knew that the words, ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘mine’, etc are mere conventions of language.

I really don’t know what this is all about but I’m ‘fed up’, haha, replete with it, haha- whatever it is and whatever you think it is, it’s completely and utterly pointless. It just seems to be the kind of stuff that gets your saliva glands going - it’s the same whatever you post and whichever forum you post it in.

I just read over this before posting and I’ve rambled on for long enough - I’ve decided I won’t be posting any thing else. So, if you have somehow felt offended by any words of rustic’s, all I can repeat is that there was no offence intended. The same applies for all the other posters. Just think of all those words as grains of sand slipping through the space between yourselves. Or feast on them to your heart’s delight. You chews.

A thank you to Chon Tri and Alan for providing and maintaining the site and for the opportunity to post in the forum.

bye

vertical line Topic closed! 85466
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.26.2008
01:56PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line Rustic... I don't want you do go
vertical line Topic closed! 85467
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.26.2008
02:07PM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line he's not
vertical line Topic closed! 85471
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.26.2008
04:04PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "I rejected the gift of any intended insult from those who have intended the insults and there have been a few intended. So that particular post in question is directed toward those it applies to. There is no need to name them.

Re: the quotes; I posted “respond/react” so there is a choice between respond or react, that is the meaning of the forward slash between the two words. You chose to react.

Re: “maybe relax and not try so much to prove . . .etc” is a (dishonest) assumption (you don’t know whether or not I’m relaxed and maybe have assumed that I am “trying to prove” something). It could have been honest without the word ‘maybe’ - this may indicate that you are not relaxed.

Your comments about rustic thinking all that stuff in response to a quote is sarcastic belittlement.

Re: “you’re nuts” is intended as humour but maybe you interpreted it as insult and may have accepted it by indicating it means I “[think] I know something about lehish”. Perhaps I should snow my posts with smileys. :)

I was under the impression you understood the intentions and what I was saying. However, misunderstandings do arise easily in this medium. You asked what I posted the quotes for, well perhaps you could have explained why you posted the Osho quote and then maybe snibbler could explain why he referred to me as “fascist”, why you keep on shushing fumes, why shayne overtly intended the insult punk, retard, asura blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda - in fact while I think about it you could all just start doing some explaining about why you posted this and that - like you wait hours before shushing another post cold when you had the opportunity to shush it warm. You have no qualms or difficulties in using the word ‘you’ but can’t use the word ‘I’. Even your beloved Osho knew that the words, ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘mine’, etc are mere conventions of language.

I really don’t know what this is all about but I’m ‘fed up’, haha, replete with it, haha- whatever it is and whatever you think it is, it’s completely and utterly pointless. It just seems to be the kind of stuff that gets your saliva glands going - it’s the same whatever you post and whichever forum you post it in.

I just read over this before posting and I’ve rambled on for long enough - I’ve decided I won’t be posting any thing else. So, if you have somehow felt offended by any words of rustic’s, all I can repeat is that there was no offence intended. The same applies for all the other posters. Just think of all those words as grains of sand slipping through the space between yourselves. Or feast on them to your heart’s delight. You chews.

A thank you to Chon Tri and Alan for providing and maintaining the site and for the opportunity to post in the forum.

bye

"

there wasn't intent to "insult

there wasn't thinking "you're nuts" was an insult either 

which are thinking lehish was posting is not as was interpreted and tconcluded knew
intention of the posts

honey,  what's 'serious' ? is alright for you to post commenting but not lehish snibbler ?

what's interpreting some posts as "insults" "sarcastic belittlement." ?

if is "pointless", why post saying all that stuff and then say "bye" ?

what "between

what's to offend, be "offended" ?

thanks dancing rusitc

vertical line Topic closed! 85474
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Aug.26.2008
04:05PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "Rustic... I don't want you do go"

hug

vertical line Topic closed! 85475
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.26.2008
08:54PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line It's my fault.
vertical line Topic closed! 85477
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.26.2008
10:03PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line whoah, i guess he lefto

ok, I'm not guilty
vertical line Topic closed! 85479
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this JAPANESE SCHOOL - CALLIGRAPHY
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s