history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Nov 01 2014 01:33AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Suiwo, the disciple of Hakuin, was a good teacher. On a certain day a certain pupil came to him, and Suiwo gave him the problem, "Hear the sound of one hand." The pupil remained three years, but could not pass the test. One night he came... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: PRACTICE MINUS SITTING, OR ORGANIZATION.
vertical line Posted on Aug.28.2008 @ 05:54PM EDT by Woodsman
Ok, it's just me. But I have never been a good follower of instructions, or labels.
Not that I haven't sat in silence before, or don't find silence useful, but I'm just where I'm at, and feel ok about that, right now.

But I still search for a release of tension/pain, but understand sadness and fear are part of the path, and we must learn to let go. Oh well... I have no formal practice, nor want one... Is that wrong?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Woodsman
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Aug.28.2008
06:32PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line how else would you have it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85553
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.28.2008
06:39PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line The "traditional" way. But I can only read so much about practice, and I'm like... "Does anybody work, sweat, walk... suffer, go to the ER, ICU, nursing home, or just die?" Sorry. Just looking for answers where there are none needed. And I can see the light in the darkness, just by watching, anything, natural. I shut up, have to go to work.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85554
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.29.2008
10:21AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line No words are better than some.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85558
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bluerose
Aug.30.2008
11:53PM EDT 
vertical line I have never been a follower of instructions either, and labels mean nothing to me. I have sat in meditation and I do find it helpful. My life has been a struggle but lately things have begun to make a lot more sense. I am letting go. I have always felt a certain detachment and thought it was a fault but I understand now. I get it. I have had no formal practise either. I don't think it's wrong. I did not want to be guided by another person or take on their beliefs. I wanted to learn the truth for myself.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85580
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Aug.31.2008
02:03AM EDT 
vertical line

Where do you find your self.

And when you do, do you?

Whats the difference between you and your experiences?

Whats the difference between you and you?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85581
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.31.2008
05:30AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Ah, I'm from the working class, and don't get payed to think. Sweat is my master.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85582
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.31.2008
05:41AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line And right now, sleep is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85583
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Aug.31.2008
10:22AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

Quote: "And right now, sleep is. "

sleep

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85587
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bluerose
Aug.31.2008
08:51PM EDT 
vertical line Don’t question me on my use of every little word, most of it is just a figure of speech. The realisation came to me recently that this body and this mind doesn’t have to do anything. The more relaxed the body and the more still the mind the better the results.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85589
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Aug.31.2008
09:07PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line That's it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85595
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from glorymind
Sep.01.2008
06:22AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I have never been a follower of instructions either, and labels mean nothing to me. I have sat in meditation and I do find it helpful. My life has been a struggle but lately things have begun to make a lot more sense. I am letting go. I have always felt a certain detachment and thought it was a fault but I understand now. I get it. I have had no formal practise either. I don't think it's wrong. I did not want to be guided by another person or take on their beliefs. I wanted to learn the truth for myself. "

I just got something like this recently: Be easy going, even when it doesn't seem proper. But (to me) this has seemed like a road to nihilism...

Either way, carry on.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85638
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Sep.01.2008
08:20AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Ah, I'm from the working class, and don't get payed to think. Sweat is my master. "

You need to watch and comprehend 'Fight Club'. Watch It a 1000 times if you have to.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 85647
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA I
by Ricki Mountain
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s