history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Nov 24 2014 07:17AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time, in a certain town there was a coffin maker who opened and was running a store where he sold the coffins he made himself to the customers in the neighborhood. The popuplation in the town increased day-by-day.

The... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WALK
vertical line Posted on Oct.01.2008 @ 04:58PM EDT by Woodsman
Without the dog, I don't know if I'd go on charger walks. Charger walks are the ones where you bust ass, mine that is, the dog just got a prickly in his paw. Had to stop and pull it out for him, slowed us down some for a sec..

I love the way mushrooms burst up through the road grade. Mushrooms rule! They are just so, um, I don't know, noble?

Ok, I'm gonna  misspell a wrod.

There was a single scarlet leaf which seemed to speak to me, all by itself, tumbling down the center of the dirt road, towards me, as if... it was there, all alone, just for me.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Woodsman
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Oct.01.2008
05:56PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line ever munch on them?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87201
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.01.2008
07:30PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line They don't seem to need me to. Plus, mushrooming is a science. I just have a garden, for dumb me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87202
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from fatnhappy
Oct.02.2008
02:43AM EDT 
Email fatnhappy
vertical line You don't notice the gradual warming of the air from the mountains to the valley but once your in the valley ..WOW its still hot . But its the trip up the mountains that  I long for . The turning of the leaves doesn't happen here so your only warning its October is the faint smell of a few wood burning fireplaces....I love that smell and don't get it too often . At 6500 feet above sea level the great  Ponderosa Pines began and the harsh desert is all but a faint memory as the lush scenery , fresh air , smell of pine tar and the gental breeze sings through the tree tops . Its like a mothers hug rocking you and singing child hood memories .The water tastes like water and the sunshine is welcome . I sit and watch a few grasshoppers hop .

Hey Everyone ..IM still kickin " ) Glad to see your all still around .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87234
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.02.2008
06:03AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Sweet. thanks f&h

that's it, the story of one's own life is so important, just being able to express it is a precious gem  :  )
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87238
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.02.2008
05:18PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line So on the long dog walk today, a few pretty cool things happened. One was the color of leaves, kind of connected me to a feeling of the importance of nothing special... wait a minute..  my nose is dripping...

kleenex?

I just knocked something off he shelf, was on top of the kleenex box...

Man, it was windy on the dog walk. The clouds are so massive.

Got rained on, and then the sun was shining, like several times, I'm still cold.

But there is this guy I know, be we aren't  friends, cuz I'm a loner. And on my walk he is driving his car on the road, and wants to turn into someone's driveway, where I am crossing, just at the same time. So I looked up at him, smiled (more like a smirk) and waved (kinda like brushing a fly away). I think I was kinda nice, but not... I mean, I could be nicer.

I'll have to write about the stop sign, later, it'll come up again, have turned it into a ritual spot. gotta go
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87265
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Oct.03.2008
10:23AM EDT 
vertical line

Woodsman.

A volcano is or can be volatile.

A volcano is also a pressure release valve. Very necessary now matter how we want to look at it.

This society has become volatile.

You might just be a release valve.

Calm lava.

Take it easy.

Enjoy reality.

No need for eruption or the fear of little hot lava spill.

Enjoy reality. Enjoy being the calm slow lava. Fill the gardens with new top soil.

Enjoy reality. Enjoy you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87299
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lynnoh
Oct.03.2008
10:43AM EDT 
Email Lynnoh
vertical line

Quote: "You don't notice the gradual warming of the air from the mountains to the valley but once your in the valley ..WOW its still hot . But its the trip up the mountains that  I long for . The turning of the leaves doesn't happen here so your only warning its October is the faint smell of a few wood burning fireplaces....I love that smell and don't get it too often . At 6500 feet above sea level the great  Ponderosa Pines began and the harsh desert is all but a faint memory as the lush scenery , fresh air , smell of pine tar and the gental breeze sings through the tree tops . Its like a mothers hug rocking you and singing child hood memories .The water tastes like water and the sunshine is welcome . I sit and watch a few grasshoppers hop .

"

twice, when not looking

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87306
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Oct.04.2008
01:26AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "You don't notice the gradual warming of the air from the mountains to the valley but once your in the valley ..WOW its still hot . But its the trip up the mountains that  I long for . The turning of the leaves doesn't happen here so your only warning its October is the faint smell of a few wood burning fireplaces....I love that smell and don't get it too often . At 6500 feet above sea level the great  Ponderosa Pines began and the harsh desert is all but a faint memory as the lush scenery , fresh air , smell of pine tar and the gental breeze sings through the tree tops . Its like a mothers hug rocking you and singing child hood memories .The water tastes like water and the sunshine is welcome . I sit and watch a few grasshoppers hop .

"

hey :DDDDDDD

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87348
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bluerose
Oct.04.2008
09:55AM EDT 
vertical line Walking meditation is cool.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87372
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from J onah
Oct.09.2008
08:50AM EDT 
vertical line When it's warm, it's warm. When it's hot, it's hot. When it's cool, walk faster.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87716
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.09.2008
08:56AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I love the long slow hill climbs. So, do the dogs. "Mush!", I never say, don't need the abuse.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87719
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from J onah
Oct.09.2008
08:57AM EDT 
vertical line You're a serial abuser who says "Mush!"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87720
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA
by Hugh Sitton
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s