history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Nov 28 2014 12:45AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Chang-ch'o, an educated man, once asked the Chinese Ch'an master Chih-t'sang:
-Is there paradise or hell?
Chih-t'sang replied:
-No.
Chang-ch'o protested:
-That is not correct. When I was studying under the priest... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE VOID
vertical line Posted on Oct.02.2008 @ 06:35AM EDT by immortal 1

Quote: "http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/2007/03/thusnesss-six-stages-of-experience.html"

I remember when I did not exist.  Nor anything else, no time, no space, just the 'one awareness' that was experiencing 'nothingness'.

Its not a place I went to, this 'Void' I call home.  Its something I remember being.  I remember creating time and space, and with them eternity and infinity.  I could feel them like my arms and legs.  And countless planes of existence.  And myself.

And  now that I exist, I know that 'one awareness' as myself, but not the me I know as 'me', so now it seems like a separate entity.  I suppose it is, since it is the Creator and I am the Created. 

We are one, It and I, but not one in the same, vis a vis.  I look in the cosmic mirror and see a different face than my own.  But that is just a way of talking, since there is no such face to see.  Yet I have touched that face and felt its tears.

I love that 'one awareness' more than anything.  Is that narcisism?  Self pity?  Or is it so, as the Moody Blues sang, that  "The truth is hard to handle.  That's what the wall of love is for."

Logic is the largest obstacle on the path to self-awareness.  But once you have self-awareness it is very simple in its logic, and you see it all around you.

1 = ?    How many expressions are possible for the right side of this equation?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.02.2008
10:22AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

their is no great void.

their is nothingness.

no one thing ness.

this emptiness you speak of springs from the self.

when i was a boy of 13 i remember attempting to look for something. i found it. my attention. i looked in the mirror. i looked at my eyes. i looked at my eyebrows....my lips. then i just stopped. my " mind " unfocused and i was pure awareness.

when i was a young adult i was without i till i met my ex.

now that im 38 i am unpreoccupied with my attention. ive learnt my " lesson "

when not thinking the attention dont exist.

when not focusing on a particular sense object the attention dont exist.

attention is insecureity is doubt.

close your eyes.............the eyes naturally open by themselves when you are no longer focusing.

what is was and always will be is this moment.

bipolar is a conditioning of the mind.

i dont believe in the id the ego or the super ego.

i dont believe in the subconscious.

i dont believe in time.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87247
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Oct.02.2008
12:57PM EDT 
vertical line all theories of existence and nothingness are just ego games
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87253
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.02.2008
01:29PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line " When we are touched by the ineffable in the way of intimacy, we begin to face all the inner noise, for we have aroused the guardians of Silence. All of this noise, and much more, gradually has to be burned away. Noise that goes on way beneath the surface probably from lifetimes - noise that we have no inkling is there - begins to come up and float around like debris of a shipwreck. But as we begin to sense this debris, we are held safely within the surround of Silence." pg.33, Silence, by Robert Sardello
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87254
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.02.2008
03:01PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

Quote: "" When we are touched by the ineffable in the way of intimacy, we begin to face all the inner noise, for we have aroused the guardians of Silence. All of this noise, and much more, gradually has to be burned away. Noise that goes on way beneath the surface probably from lifetimes - noise that we have no inkling is there - begins to come up and float around like debris of a shipwreck. But as we begin to sense this debris, we are held safely within the surround of Silence." pg.33, Silence, by Robert Sardello "

ah.....yeah. understood.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87256
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.02.2008
03:10PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I, am a, quotaholic. Or, I wanna be. And with a little practice, and grabbing the right book at random, ah, I could do that. But, man, have I got this wood addiction goin' on right now. It's weird... I'd almost say I lust for wood. Get out that pyrography tool and I'm... aaahhhhh in the voids. aaahhhhhh
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87259
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Oct.03.2008
08:26AM EDT 
vertical line

What is it in 'nothingness' which experiences 'nothingness'.

Osho spoke of a condition beyond Satori (Understanding) which he called Samadhi (Calmness).

I have no desire to argue about what is or what is not.  There is no sound basis for such arguments, and they are just mental masturbation.

What is or what is not is entirely variable (i.e.; For dummys  NO FIXED REALITY). 

Whatever you are being at the moment is as close as you will ever get to reality. 

Get it?  Got it?  Good .  Thank you !!!!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87276
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.03.2008
09:38AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "

What is it in 'nothingness' which experiences 'nothingness'.

Osho spoke of a condition beyond Satori (Understanding) which he called Samadhi (Calmness).

I have no desire to argue about what is or what is not.  There is no sound basis for such arguments, and they are just mental masturbation.

What is or what is not is entirely variable (i.e.; For dummys  NO FIXED REALITY). 

Whatever you are being at the moment is as close as you will ever get to reality. 

Get it?  Got it?  Good .  Thank you !!!!

"

"

calmness means no insecurity. which means no attention.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87281
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Oct.03.2008
09:55AM EDT 
vertical line

Is this an equation or a statement?

I understand it to be a statement.

This statement is an expression in itself.

This expression is an attempt at a description of an experience.

This reality is EXPERIENTAL.

Whatever, however you experience anything, it happens here in reality.

That is the truth of the matter.

There is nothing else other than imagination.

Actually, there is imagination and nothing else.

Look around. All is image.

Dont look around. All is image. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87287
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN PEONIES
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s