history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Oct 30 2014 08:58AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  At Savatthi. Then the Venerable Suradha approached the Buddha...and said to him:

"Venerable sir, how should one know, how should one see so that, in regard to this body
with consciousness and in regard to all external signs, the... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: EXCITEMENT
vertical line Posted on Oct.04.2008 @ 03:29PM EDT by Mslapik
Cessation of desire does end suffering, but it also ends excitement. Does that mean that its subjective whether or not the cessation of desire makes one happier?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Mslapik
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Oct.04.2008
08:49PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line is there actually anyone here to be happy?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87379
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.04.2008
09:48PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I think there is just a transfer of energy. I can't be in public very much because I'm generally too loud, and am kinda sarcastic. Of course others say, that I'm too quiet. Takes me a few years to open up, but when I do, it's a 12 year old all over the place. Oh yeah! Before the liking of girls sets in.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87382
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.04.2008
10:03PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line The extremes with which we in the west indulge sense gratification leads to all kinds of hungry ghost realm searching. So at the root of desire is basically a search for a false sense of continuance, without the ability, or willingness to endure any suffering, first as in being one "without" sense objects. But we don't want comparisons either, to those who do without, because we know what they have had to endure to get past desire. It begins with being satisfied with the basics, warmth, food, clean water.... relationships. And once energy gets redirected, a different sense, deeper qualities, more subtle link-ups appear... everything, even suffering then begins to make sense. And it is at the point of suffering that the opening up begins, if we allow it, or are blessed with openness.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87383
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.05.2008
07:18PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line its ok to have emotions.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87422
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.05.2008
08:27PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line and be a girl.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 87429
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA SET : STATUE & FIGURINE COLLECTION
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s