history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Oct 02 2014 04:25AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  A wandering monk called Vaccha asked the Buddha if the Buddha would still exsist after death. The Buddha replied:
"Vaccha, the idea that I would exist or not exist after death - such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: REDUCING SUFFERING
vertical line Posted on Jan.25.2009 @ 04:29PM EDT by Woodsman
Just thinking about it, how to make it more,  important, to myself, can't make anyone else see, if I can't see myself, as being in other's suffering.

And just within the last few minutes, became reflective on the fact that I am so fortunate, living, for the life which I have lived... no regrets. But no regrets in each and every moment, from this day forward, has to be continually before me, otherwise... I waste it, the chance to relieve suffering. I'm not writing about removing pain, pain is part of life, but suffering is optional, it's what I add to anything, making it bad. Looking at the simple fact of running water, warm dry clothing, ... I feel, very fortunate.

So, the fortunate feeling extends out to gratitude, and in gratitude I cannot do anything else but share, help.. As it has been done for me, so I must do for others.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Woodsman
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.25.2009
05:55PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line

Honoring the Light in you,                                                                                                        knowing the Light in me,                                                                                                          we are one.

This insight came to me this morning. The deep connections from Source will provide my happiness throughout a whole day. Each one will replace the previous with greater awareness and take its place in the great function... 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91361
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.25.2009
06:37PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line As I go out tonight to work I look for the end of suffering. Uh oh. Ok, I'll settle for a reduction of suffering, but am still looking for the change, by becoming it. It will be!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91362
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jan.25.2009
07:39PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

cant end suffering.

it happens too.

my mom had cancer and suffered.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91364
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Jan.25.2009
08:45PM EDT 
vertical line Thankyou sincerely, Woodsman.

Thankyou always.

Bows with head to ground.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91365
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.26.2009
05:32AM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Qutoe: "it's what I add to anything, making it bad"

there's an 'anything' which can be added to - subtracted from ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91371
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Jan.26.2009
11:48AM EDT 
vertical line One can't just simply decide to end suffering, or one actually can, but it won't work. Every attachment that we make will eventually cause some suffering.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.26.2009
04:43PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line At one point another female nurse said, "You are too serious." And I asked her if she wanted some water, that I could dump over her head. Kinda like a late night Woody baptism, very somber and wet.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91379
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.26.2009
05:25PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

Quote: "At one point another female nurse said, "You are too serious." And I asked her if she wanted some water, that I could dump over her head. Kinda like a late night Woody baptism, very somber and wet. "

if no thinking this is good, that is bad, no serious

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91391
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.26.2009
05:32PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "At one point another female nurse said, "You are too serious." And I asked her if she wanted some water, that I could dump over her head. Kinda like a late night Woody baptism, very somber and wet. "

"

tell her that, and give some water too
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91400
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.26.2009
05:37PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

"

was referring to you posting thinking good-bad

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91402
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this JAPANESE SCHOOL - CALLIGRAPHY
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s