history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Nov 01 2014 05:50AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SILENCE
vertical line Posted on Jan.31.2009 @ 10:08PM EDT by Woodsman
Sometimes, anger precedes the silence, there can even be pain there. I become sickened by the outside, and turn completely in, and alone to find my companion. My brows are knit is silence. I close my eyes and the images form voiceless silhouettes which fade into feelings.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Woodsman
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Jan.31.2009
11:01PM EDT 
vertical line _/\_
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91606
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lehish
Jan.31.2009
11:16PM EDT 
Email lehish
vertical line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yqgT9SkyH4&feature=channel_page

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91607
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.01.2009
10:04AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Silence is a fire.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91616
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Feb.01.2009
10:31AM EDT 
vertical line I find it hard to turn inward at work - in fact, far from it. If ever I guess.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91617
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from CrazyHorse
Feb.01.2009
11:45AM EDT 
vertical line What  I  am  finding  is that  silence  is  the  roar  of  the  tide, and  the  honking  of  geese.

There's a  poem  in  that!!!!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91621
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.01.2009
12:36PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line That's it !

Now why couldn't I say that!

oh, oh oohhhh oohh...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91627
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from CrazyHorse
Feb.01.2009
01:15PM EDT 
vertical line Write  the  poem.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91635
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.01.2009
01:46PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I just did.                                                                                         In the beginning was the work
I thought I did.                                                                            And the work was with dog
No, I didn't.                                                                               And the word was dog
But you thought.                                                Then, dog barked and there was two of em,
Yes.                                                                                                       just... "woof, woof."
I did it.                                                                                                             Not a question
Didn't we all?                                                                                                    Without a doubt
Well...                                                                                                                              the best
Don't want, to say?                                                                                                             bark
Nah                                                                                                                                          ever
Nah?                                                                                                                                            and
Nah                                                                                                                                            ever
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91636
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from CrazyHorse
Feb.02.2009
09:08AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I just did.                                                                                         In the beginning was the work
I thought I did.                                                                            And the work was with dog
No, I didn't.                                                                               And the word was dog
But you thought.                                                Then, dog barked and there was two of em,
Yes.                                                                                                       just... "woof, woof."
I did it.                                                                                                             Not a question
Didn't we all?                                                                                                    Without a doubt
Well...                                                                                                                              the best
Don't want, to say?                                                                                                             bark
Nah                                                                                                                                          ever
Nah?                                                                                                                                            and
Nah                                                                                                                                            ever
"

I  had  a  dog  named 'Woof' 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.02.2009
12:40PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line That's my name to all three.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91677
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lightpink
Feb.03.2009
09:57AM EDT 
Email lightpink
vertical line "I had a dog named 'Woof'"  how so?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91703
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Feb.06.2009
04:32AM EDT 
vertical line

The eyes are the windows to the soul, so to speak, and also the windows to the world through which the soul looks outward.

But then, it does not have to.

I like to take time to let my body relax completely, not moving, close my eyes, stop thinking words, and just listen to what I can hear.  Clock ticking.  Birds chirping.  Noticing all the things that usually go unnoticed.

It does not hurt to take a break this way sometimes.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91818
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from lightpink
Feb.06.2009
07:03AM EDT 
Email lightpink
vertical line

In this case I will advice you japanese school calligraphy

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91823
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from CrazyHorse
Feb.06.2009
12:12PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: ""I had a dog named 'Woof'"  how so?"

Got  him  from  the  pound  and  14 years  later  buried  him  in  the  garden.  My  ex named  him 'Woof' because  of  his idiosyncrasy of 'woofing' in  the  garage while  we  were  trying  to  sleep. 'Woof, woof'. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 91840
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN FANS II
by Gene Ouimette
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s