history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Sep 16 2014 01:26PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Do not go after the past,
Do not lose yourself in the future.
For the past no longer exists,
And the future is not yet here.
By looking deeply at things just as they are,
In this moment, here and now,
The seeker... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: CUT YOURSELF IN HALF
vertical line Posted on Mar.12.2009 @ 12:30PM EDT by shayne

you would cut yourself in half.

aspects of no mind.

aspects of no thought.

when will you stop?

these are all aspects of a WHOLE human being.

logic and reasoning and thought and mind are ALL good.

Dont follow some creed and ism and cut yourself in half and divide yourself.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.12.2009
03:21PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Aspects of no mind, not thought...... does not mean your braindead. The mind is supposed to be used as a tool that is drawn upon as needed like an arm  would be. Reason is still there. ( So I understand )
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93871
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Mar.15.2009
02:17PM EDT 
vertical line

Clear mind, attention, awareness of the moment, thoughts as they come

Instead of spaghetti of thoughts of past and future events

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93990
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.17.2009
05:00AM EDT 
vertical line

What is so great about being a human being?

The egocentricity of humanity is threatening to make the world a place where humans cannot survive.

I think the other species, the ones that will survive, are looking forward to that.  Many of them were here for many millions of years before the first human walked on two legs, and will be here many millions of years after humans are gone.

Do they know that?  Sure, on an unconscious level everyone knows everything, regardless of form or species, because we are all the same One.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94041
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.17.2009
06:41PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "

The egocentricity of humanity is threatening to make the world a place where humans cannot survive.

I think the other species, the ones that will survive, are looking forward to that.  Many of them were here for many millions of years before the first human walked on two legs, and will be here many millions of years after humans are gone.

Do they know that?  Sure, on an unconscious level everyone knows everything, regardless of form or species, because we are all the same One.

"

"

same one?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94056
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from 9999999
Mar.17.2009
09:52PM EDT 
Email 9999999
vertical line We'll cut you in half and count the layers---like an onion.

The thing about onions..eeh..they're nothing but a bunch of layers.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94057
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.17.2009
10:40PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line

strange little goofy kids cant.

hahahahahah.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94058
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.17.2009
10:51PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "

"

"

no such thing as the unconcious either.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94059
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.17.2009
11:41PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"Im not sure I understand what you mean by unconcious. I know for a fact that there are many things that go on...on an unconcious level,or is that subconcious? Anyways,things can surface that one doesnt even know is there. Many dreams will reveal these things for example. It is a truth that finds its way to the concious mind.Dont yah think?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94060
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.18.2009
04:01AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

same one?

"

"

You have been in this forum for years, Shayne, longer than me, and you have to ask that question?  Even if you do not agree you should know what I mean by now.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94063
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.18.2009
04:27AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

same one?

"

"

You have been in this forum for years, Shayne, longer than me, and you have to ask that question?  Even if you do not agree you should know what I mean by now.

"

"

Actually I thought more about this, Shayne, and as far back as I recall you have been playing the role of the ANTI-ZEN.

The forum benefits from your negative example as much as any positive one, so stick with it and keep it up. 

Good on you for your self-sacrificing service.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94068
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.18.2009
09:27AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

same one?

"

"

"

"

Actually I thought more about this, Shayne, and as far back as I recall you have been playing the role of the ANTI-ZEN.

The forum benefits from your negative example as much as any positive one, so stick with it and keep it up. 

Good on you for your self-sacrificing service.

"

"

oh your just a goofy hippie.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94079
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.18.2009
09:29AM EDT 
Email shayne

"

"

same one?

"

"

"

"

i remember contemplating the existance of one...funny crap. ive since given up childish dreams.

makes no sense. you cant explain it.

and

its hippie crap.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94080
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.18.2009
09:57AM EDT 
Email shayne

"

"

"Im not sure I understand what you mean by unconcious. I know for a fact that there are many things that go on...on an unconcious level,or is that subconcious? Anyways,things can surface that one doesnt even know is there. Many dreams will reveal these things for example. It is a truth that finds its way to the concious mind.Dont yah think?
......... "

"

the subconscious is something that was told to us. dont believe everything you read.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94084
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.18.2009
03:19PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

......... "

"

the subconscious is something that was told to us. dont believe everything you read.

"I dont believe everything I read. That is my experience.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94095
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.19.2009
05:19AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

......... "

"

......... "

"

I have been practicing Self-Hypnosis for about 40 years. 

I do not know what the Subconscious or Unconscious is, but I have worked with it, and it works.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94119
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this EIGHT VIRTUES
by George Caso
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s