history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Nov 24 2014 04:14AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Things have never declared themselves empty, nor have they declared
themselves form; and they have not declared themselves right, wrong,
defiled or pure. Nor is there a mind that binds and fetters people.
It is just because... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: PAST CURFEW RANT
vertical line Posted on Mar.14.2009 @ 03:09AM EDT by Rebecca
There are things one does,that are peaceful,happy, blissful.Is it real or a distraction? That moment,yes it is...but it is temporary. Those moments I cant imagine being a place to stay.And wish I could.Is it really possible to always feel like that? Be happy when your happy....sad when your sad....well what!
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Rebecca
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.14.2009
03:12AM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Yikes!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93937
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.14.2009
04:14AM EDT 
vertical line

You should be angry when there is reason to be angry, sad when there is reason to be sad, happy when happy, hungry when hungry....

But with practice you can be less volatile.  Then you can change your feelings if you do not feel they are correct to the situation, or go ahead with them unreservedly when you do.

Tonight on the way to work an oncoming car did not dim its lights.  It did not bother me.  I can look a bit to the side for a moment while it passes.  I do not even flash my lights anymore.  No big deal.

I was remembering another night long ago when a car did not dim its lights even after I flashed mine.  I hit my bright lights too, and moved over into the oncoming lane straight toward the car in question.  Then at the last second I swerved back into my own lane.  I can still hear the long shrill sound of their horn as I passed them.  That will teach them, I thought to myself.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93938
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Mar.15.2009
01:59PM EDT 
vertical line

every moment is a rebirth

no way to stay in it

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93989
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Mar.15.2009
03:56PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "

no way to stay in it

"

"

When one sees and thinks of a moment as something separate from him, then he may say no way to stay in it.  When he is one with it, then no more staying-in-it problem.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93991
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.15.2009
07:39PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line I must find a way to stay. To recreate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94003
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Mar.15.2009
08:06PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line When one starts thinking to find it, he already miss it;  but if he does not start to find it, he'll never see it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94005
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lionel
Mar.15.2009
11:39PM EDT 
Email Lionel
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

no way to stay in it

"

"

When one sees and thinks of a moment as something separate from him, then he may say no way to stay in it.  When he is one with it, then no more staying-in-it problem.

"

"

hehehe!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94008
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.16.2009
01:03AM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Quote: "When one starts thinking to find it, he already miss it;  but if he does not start to find it, he'll never see it."
......... Thats true to my understanding. Thinking destroys everything.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94010
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Mar.16.2009
06:23AM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "When one starts thinking to find it, he already miss it;  but if he does not start to find it, he'll never see it."
"
uh huh.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94015
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Mar.16.2009
10:25AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "When one starts thinking to find it, he already miss it;  but if he does not start to find it, he'll never see it."
"
uh huh.
"

absolute generalization
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94018
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from -----0
Mar.16.2009
12:28PM EDT 
vertical line

deluded mind clings to past enjoyable moments

clear mind flows with change

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94021
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Mar.16.2009
06:17PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line It is as the sun,
when it shines, anything under its light is bright.
when it does not shine anything, things are in darkness;
and it still shines itself.
It neither clings nor follows anything.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94026
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Mar.16.2009
07:33PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line nice
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94027
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Lionel
Mar.16.2009
08:33PM EDT 
Email Lionel
vertical line Indeed!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94029
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.16.2009
11:24PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Quote: "

"Keeping the mind clear on a regular basis is the challenge. And the battle starts within......deluded mind wins far too often.And I know.....it should not be seen as a challenge. It should just flow....like the sun shining as chontri said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94030
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.17.2009
04:44AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"Keeping the mind clear on a regular basis is the challenge. And the battle starts within......deluded mind wins far too often.And I know.....it should not be seen as a challenge. It should just flow....like the sun shining as chontri said.
......... "

"

Start small.

Set aside a moment to be happy.  Just to be happy for no reason at all.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a moment.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a moment.

If you can spare a moment to be happy, you can spare a second to be happy, for no other reason than just to be happy.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a second.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a second.

If you can spare a second to be happy, you can spare a minute to be happy, just to be happy, no reason not to be for this one minute.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a minute.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a minute.

If you can spare a minute to be happy you can spare an hour to be happy, all by itself, not answering to any other time, just to be happy for the sake of being happy.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for an hour.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for an hour.

If you can spare an hour to be happy, you will probably find that you do not have any time to spare to be unhappy, even for a minute, or a second, or even for a moment.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94037
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.17.2009
11:43PM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

......... "

"

Start small.

Set aside a moment to be happy.  Just to be happy for no reason at all.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a moment.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a moment.

If you can spare a moment to be happy, you can spare a second to be happy, for no other reason than just to be happy.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a second.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a second.

If you can spare a second to be happy, you can spare a minute to be happy, just to be happy, no reason not to be for this one minute.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for a minute.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for a minute.

If you can spare a minute to be happy you can spare an hour to be happy, all by itself, not answering to any other time, just to be happy for the sake of being happy.

Smile. Go inside yourself and close all the doors and windows for an hour.  Think of something good and relect on it, savor it, enjoy it for an hour.

If you can spare an hour to be happy, you will probably find that you do not have any time to spare to be unhappy, even for a minute, or a second, or even for a moment.

"nice
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94061
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN PEONIES
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s