history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Dec 19 2014 08:34PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day a girl in geisha house hailed the Japanese Zen master Mokudo by name.
He went inside and discovered that the girl was a childhood acquaintance.
The crops had failed one year in their village, and she had become a courtesan... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: IZ IZ
vertical line Posted on Mar.14.2009 @ 04:15AM EDT by IZIZIZ
Peace as all.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from clangor
Mar.14.2009
10:26AM EDT 
vertical line

{Pieces} = All?

;)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 93965
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Rebecca
Mar.17.2009
01:32AM EDT 
Email Rebecca
vertical line

Im pisieces(how do you spell that? pieces, piesueos,pisees, piceous,

peace!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94032
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.17.2009
04:26AM EDT 
vertical line

What is so great about Peace?

I got out of the military service because of Peace.  Decided I would come back if we had a war. 

The peacetime service is a waste of time.  Benefits erode daily.  Endless training for no reason.  And the service becomes a petri dish for every social objective the government has.  (For instance the Drug War was fought first in the military in the early 80s before it was unleashed on the general public in the late 80s.)

Considering that the major problem facing mankind today is over-population, maybe we have too much peace as it is. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94035
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Mar.17.2009
07:44AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

I got out of the military service because of Peace.  Decided I would come back if we had a war. 

The peacetime service is a waste of time.  Benefits erode daily.  Endless training for no reason.  And the service becomes a petri dish for every social objective the government has.  (For instance the Drug War was fought first in the military in the early 80s before it was unleashed on the general public in the late 80s.)

Considering that the major problem facing mankind today is over-population, maybe we have too much peace as it is. 

"

"

With all respect.

World is overpopulated, with which I definately agree.

Where is the peace in my mind ???

Peace is known by mind.

How do you compare peace with balance??

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94050
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Mar.17.2009
08:21AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I decide to make peace a main focus . There are many examples of how it works, because it's not easy, at first... old habits take awhile to burn out, but the change is evidently attached to a deeper current of cause and effect.

But one of the things I do is fast at work on nights, and it is continually noticed and talked about, lots of talk, so I fast on words and food. Things die, desire dies, but something comes to take it's place, which comes from a karmic source, one doesn't have to believe it to see. Life is enough of a pattern of habits that form a balance. You begin to change old habits, and you go back to a place before the habit was created.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94051
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.18.2009
04:13AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

With all respect.

World is overpopulated, with which I definately agree.

Where is the peace in my mind ???

Peace is known by mind.

How do you compare peace with balance??

"

"

The balance will have to come in a few years.  The UN predicts that world population will reach about 9 billion by 2050, which is about 1 billion more than the scientific concensus says the world can support.

Some people are going to have to get off the merry-go-round.  That will be the balance you speak of, the price of peace.

I am not saying that is a bad thing.  I have planned on dying by euthanasia for a long time and overpopulation will silence the moralists who would otherwise deny me that privilege.  So I am happy with the way it is working out.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94066
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN
by Peggy Moquay
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s