history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Sep 30 2014 11:53AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The Zen master Hakuin was praised by his neighbours as one living a pure life. A beautiful Japanese girl whose parents owned a food store lived near him. Suddenly, without any warning, her parents discovered she was with child. This... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THIS:
vertical line Posted on Mar.18.2009 @ 08:10PM EDT by so_teh

Right Now, Here.. says My Mood and Emotions

It is in the realm of This!

http://www.beliefnet.com/rumimeditation/rumimeditation.html

"It is love that brings happiness to people. It is love that gives joy to happiness. My mother didn't give birth to me, that love did. A hundred blessings and praises to that love."

-- Rumi

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven, and when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, the streams of light flow together and a single brighter light goes forth from that united being."

--Ba'al Shem Tov

"If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and expectations, you would be able to discern the beautiful pattern of events. It is your restlessness that causes chaos. "

-- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

sit_teh

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email so_teh
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.19.2009
05:10AM EDT 
vertical line Very nice, thank you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94116
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Mar.19.2009
11:12AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line

add one more...

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."

-- William Jennings Bryan

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94134
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from immortal 1
Mar.20.2009
04:54AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

add one more...

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."

"

"

Yes, well, thank you, but Lehish and I already had a talk about what is or is not in Buddhas script.

Many things that we think are our choices are just reflections of our Buddha Nature, and many things that we think a matter of our destiny are just what comes as a result of those choices. 

If Buddha made our Buddha Nature, then how many of our choices were actually made by Buddha, and how much of the result was what Buddha had in mind? 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94157
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.20.2009
07:38AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

add one more...

"

"

Yes, well, thank you, but Lehish and I already had a talk about what is or is not in Buddhas script.

Many things that we think are our choices are just reflections of our Buddha Nature, and many things that we think a matter of our destiny are just what comes as a result of those choices. 

If Buddha made our Buddha Nature, then how many of our choices were actually made by Buddha, and how much of the result was what Buddha had in mind? 

"

"

buddha didnt make my nature..thank you.

and we are each free thinking entities.

and how can their be a destiny when time dont even exist?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94163
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Mar.20.2009
11:43AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line

Once we realize that our regular nature was never separate from our Buddha Nature there will be a cooperation between Buddha and I, Buddha and source, the source and enlightenment. This sets us in perfect alignment with our every thought and our every deed, which must be in harmony with the intent and purposes of the best that is within us.

I really don't know the thoughts of Buddha and what exactly he had in mind for a result. The impact I have on my destiny springs from the love, knowingness, and bliss which is the light and quality of my soul.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 94174
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN PEONIES
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s