history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 01 2014 07:13AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  In the early days of the Meiji era there lived a well-known wrestler called O-nami, Great Waves. O-nami was immensely strong and knew the art of wrestling. In his private bouts he defeated even his teacher, but in public he was so bashful... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: KARPENTRY
vertical line Posted on Nov.20.2010 @ 05:06PM EDT by soup41

Karma is a mental construct, a thing made out of symmetry. It is observed as permeating the posotive and negative there by completing them as 1.

Symmetry comes with equality and diversity, equanimity and opposition.

The exact opposite has the same objective elements as its inverse and expresses them as opposites.

The exact sameness has the same elements its counterpart.

These are symmetry.

Symmetry expresses itself in form and phenomenon and events.

In events symmetry takes form by having the elements at both begining and end. The end has elements of the begining, they have diversified and at the end and become the begining and through the law of diversity again issue forth.

With Karma, the morally minded take hold of the murderous and have them executed or immprisoned; by way of symmetry the exacutioners are guilty with the murderous.

Why are the good awarded with bad for doing good, and the bad rewarded with good for doing bad?

Why are there wealthy rich and those in poverty poor. It is because they are of the same mind, they hold dearly to the same principles at heart; they both cary a respect for the heirarchy, the poor think they can earn their way to the top, and the top feel they deserve to be there, that they both hold the top in mind they are the same mind but between them all, their awareness of the outcome is complete and so the symmetry within the opposites unites them as 1.

The high trully needs the low for its foundation. As soon as the wealthy see no need to weild power and enjoy freedom and luxury the poor will refuse to pursue it. As soon as those in poverty become content with little and descover the everpresent wealth of the universal nature, the wealthy will have nothing to support it and the law will bring them to their internal foundation-desire...Surley the children of this generation should be the forgiven generaton?

Symmetry draws together those who are united and allows space between those who are divided.

As soon as there are no more people willing to fight the wicked one, the wicked one will have no body to be fought.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email soup41
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.20.2010
07:10PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

One ego came and an opposite ego arrose. The existance of the second ego, the oposite of the first, created a third ego, opposite of the second and thus compatable with the first.

Symmetry surely does complete all things through diversification and elaboration.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118708
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Nov.21.2010
09:32AM EDT 
vertical line Can you dovetail?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118728
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.21.2010
02:16PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line As sure as a dove has wings.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118754
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Nov.21.2010
03:25PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Whole hole has no soul the rock without can roll within then be out as one gone in from life and death as joy over sin.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118765
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.22.2010
12:33PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

Show love to others, and love will be shown to you.

Live for others, and others will live for you.

Live in love for and with others and love will engulf you.

"The Land of Truth is pathless,
There is no way to transmit it.
The practicer toils himself in vain,
Like a monkey that on a branch of a tree
Is trying to catch its image reflecting
in the water under it".

When there are masters and pupils there is high and low, self and others this and that.

When a master is also pupil and the pupil also master, there is balance and equality a path on which for understanding to transmit. When a master trully wants to be understood, and the pupil trully wants to understand, when each side is of equal importance, no master no pupil and eagalitarism is the order, then there is a mind for things to become complete. A self cant show an other cause they are bound to that un-even structure until they see and establish that they are one.

If the teacher is up high and wants to be understood, but still wants to remain high then he will not be understood. If the student wants to understand, yet desires the lofty position, then his understanding will be compromised.

A teacher needs to keep his students in order to be a teacher, he identifies with the position, what an endless place.

If the student wants to be a teacher he must become one in himself. If the teacher wants the student to learn, he must become a student of his student.

It must start with the high, he must become low, if the low raises up he needs another below him and then there is just striving for the desired position and learning how to do just that.

When Buddha lived he taught against the caste system. He lived as a baggar with a bowl. Kings had to humble themselves to him to ask him for his wisdom.

The buddah was a prince who renounced his royal position for life as a beggar, and gained the faith of  the entire lower caste by remaining in position with them.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118872
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.22.2010
01:36PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

when a person belongs to a group and is proud/content of their position there, as belonging to that group, and everyone in that group shares the feeling; and when everyone in that group sees the individuals in that group as equal or better, superior to them, then they will do their best to retain their position belonging to that group. The mind in this group is without egotistical borders.

When the master washes the feet of his disciples, and say's "this is my commandment, that you do this for eachother and love eachother as I love you and you love me" then the group becomes the master.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118878
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Nov.22.2010
05:30PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Call me, Nurse Johnny.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118880
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.22.2010
06:45PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "

Show love to others, and love will be shown to you.

Live for others, and others will live for you.

Live in love for and with others and love will engulf you.

in the water under it".

When there are masters and pupils there is high and low, self and others this and that.

When a master is also pupil and the pupil also master, there is balance and equality a path on which for understanding to transmit. When a master trully wants to be understood, and the pupil trully wants to understand, when each side is of equal importance, no master no pupil and eagalitarism is the order, then there is a mind for things to become complete. A self cant show an other cause they are bound to that un-even structure until they see and establish that they are one.

If the teacher is up high and wants to be understood, but still wants to remain high then he will not be understood. If the student wants to understand, yet desires the lofty position, then his understanding will be compromised.

A teacher needs to keep his students in order to be a teacher, he identifies with the position, what an endless place.

If the student wants to be a teacher he must become one in himself. If the teacher wants the student to learn, he must become a student of his student.

It must start with the high, he must become low, if the low raises up he needs another below him and then there is just striving for the desired position and learning how to do just that.

When Buddha lived he taught against the caste system. He lived as a baggar with a bowl. Kings had to humble themselves to him to ask him for his wisdom.

The buddah was a prince who renounced his royal position for life as a beggar, and gained the faith of  the entire lower caste by remaining in position with them.

"
Mr. Soup41,
What was said in the post "The Land of Truth" which
you copied over here has nothing to do with what you
think and talk about in this post of yours.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118881
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
04:07PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

That the path is pathless I agree with.

That a highly social and communicative primate can not share or transmit it i disagree with. I when minds are one minds are one.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118926
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
04:58PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

I feel what the statement is saying is that to try to transmit the path is useless. That when the practitioner does so he is only talking to his reflection in another, and that this is useless.

I do feel that in this day and age, that we are more isolated than at any other time, that the self/ego is so excentuated in our psyches and perceptions more than at any other time in history; thats a whole other discussion.

However the human organism is just a part of the larger apparatus. That our actual anatomy is as a collective rather than a self, and that in ideal and egalatarian conditions communication becomes more fluid and diversyfies from just language and symbolism but also difusion and assimilation of cognizance within a collective conscious. That there is an over all conscious which is broken into smaller conscious of which the individual psyche is but a component of the over all complex.

In the time we live in now, I believe humanity is a shattered mosaic of pieces that dont fit, we are in a neo tower of bable and have lost our common language of mind. That we are infinitely divided into peices that dont fit back togeather. Memebers of a family all  have different world views before the children are grown up. And as I said earlier the position of self and attatchment to materiel things is greater now more than ever.

However again, maybe I'm miss reading the passage and misquoting, there is that possability but I'm confident that it is applicable in this context.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118928
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
05:01PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line One more thing in order to get back on topic. I think the writer of the passage is focusing on the duality of interaction and mind. That it focusses on the fact that an ego tends to project its ego on whoever it is interacting with. That dynamic is a reality but I believe when we are aware of it and use it, we can humble ourselves to the point where the duality morphs back into unifying symmetry.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118929
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.23.2010
07:37PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "One more thing in order to get back on topic. I think the writer of the passage is focusing on the duality of interaction and mind. That it focusses on the fact that an ego tends to project its ego on whoever it is interacting with. That dynamic is a reality but I believe when we are aware of it and use it, we can humble ourselves to the point where the duality morphs back into unifying symmetry."
Hi, Mr. soup41,
How do you know what or where the writer of the
passage focus on?  Are you the writer of the passage?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118937
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.23.2010
07:41PM EDT 
Email chontri

I feel what the statement is saying is that to try to transmit the path is useless. That when the practitioner does so he is only talking to his reflection in another, and that this is useless.

I do feel that in this day and age, that we are more isolated than at any other time, that the self/ego is so excentuated in our psyches and perceptions more than at any other time in history; thats a whole other discussion.

However the human organism is just a part of the larger apparatus. That our actual anatomy is as a collective rather than a self, and that in ideal and egalatarian conditions communication becomes more fluid and diversyfies from just language and symbolism but also difusion and assimilation of cognizance within a collective conscious. That there is an over all conscious which is broken into smaller conscious of which the individual psyche is but a component of the over all complex.

In the time we live in now, I believe humanity is a shattered mosaic of pieces that dont fit, we are in a neo tower of bable and have lost our common language of mind. That we are infinitely divided into peices that dont fit back togeather. Memebers of a family all  have different world views before the children are grown up. And as I said earlier the position of self and attatchment to materiel things is greater now more than ever.

However again, maybe I'm miss reading the passage and misquoting, there is that possability but I'm confident that it is applicable in this context.

"
Mr. soup41,
Have a cup of green tea.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118939
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.23.2010
07:48PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line focus.
hehe.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118940
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.23.2010
08:01PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line ya know concentration?

ya know......the attention.

haha.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118943
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
08:03PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

in the water under it".

Mr.chontri

If the passage had said-

in the water under it".

-I would not have recieved it as I did. I would of thought that it was imagery depicting a scenario where in the practitioner had assumed that the reflection was his self nature yet was grasping at the ego. In another topic I wrote something about "the shine on an apple mistaking itself for the apple" and what I meant was the ego itself mistaking itself for the spontaneous nature, rather than a bandit that had absconded with something elses awareness.

The passage has the line-

"There is no way to transmit it."

which alters it dramaticly. Like adding a nitrogen atom to a glucose sugar molecule and ending up with chiton. If I am incorrect, then the practitioner cannot transmit what to whom, if not the dharma to another?

If I am correct, then one day then the branch will break and the and the reflection will turn into a splash.

What is your take on the passage?

in the water under it".

-I would not have recieved it as I did. I would of thought that it was imagery depicting a scenario where in the practitioner had assumed that the reflection was his self nature yet was grasping at the ego. In another topic I wrote something about "the shine on an apple mistaking itself for the apple" and what I meant was the ego itself mistaking itself for the spontaneous nature, rather than a bandit that had absconded with something elses awareness.

The passage has the line-

"There is no way to transmit it."

which alters it dramaticly. Like adding a nitrogen atom to a glucose sugar molecule and ending up with chiton. If I am incorrect, then the practitioner cannot transmit what to whom, if not the dharma to another?

If I am correct, then one day then the branch will break and the and the reflection will turn into a splash.

What is your take on the passage?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118947
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
08:34PM EDT 
vertical line Perhaps your thinking and reasoning with this passage are the toiling in vain of which it speaks. Perhaps the meanings you seek in these words are the reflection in the water.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118952
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.23.2010
08:41PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Mr. soup41,
Whether there is any way to transmit it or not,
CT has nothing to do with that.
You ask what would CT take on the passage?
Right now, CT is taking a cup of green tea.
Would you like to have a cup of green tea?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118954
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
09:25PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

the branch broke,

the monkey drowned, and the hungry fish came around

the monkey became the pond

I had some tea and what did I see?

a pair of nostrils lookin up at me

his bladder must be full, or maybe the master is bashfull?

If you cant understand me- try a dictionary!

Nothing to say? thats zen anyway.

Mr.Chontri- Because you have no response, the content you've added to the topic adds only derailment. You say that I misunderstand a passage, ask me how I know what the writter was focussing on and then hide behind an imaginary offering of tea?

Yes I would like to know your take on the passage.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118958
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
09:36PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

In other words- when writing in a topic. Write in a topic.

when drinking green tea, drink green tea.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118959
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
09:53PM EDT 
vertical line Chontri said everything that needed to be said about your post. That is "writing in a topic." Whether or not you are satisfied with that, is your concern.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118963
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
10:04PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

Are you his spokesman? Thats a cop out and with all due respect its your copout not his.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118964
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
10:09PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line & it sure aint transmitting the dharma...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118966
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
10:46PM EDT 
vertical line Esoteric cannot speak for Chontri, but he can speak for Chontri's words. Respect or no respect, "copout" is when you are given everything and refuse to accept it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118970
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
10:53PM EDT 
vertical line No reception, no transmission.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118971
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
10:56PM EDT 
vertical line Meant "he can speak about Chontri's words."

No one can speak for Chontri's words.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118972
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:00PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

Again with all due respect- in this context a copout is when you are given an oportunity to respond to a question that you(ct) initiated- however like I said it was you that offered that particular copout.

Back to the topic-

here is an example to symmetry. you'll notice that the objective elements are the same on both sides. Both point out that the addition of text of the other is off topic/out of context,.

"Mr. Soup41,
What was said in the post "The Land of Truth" which
you copied over here has nothing to do with what you
think and talk about in this post of yours.

Mr.Chontri- Because you have no response, the content you've added to the topic adds only derailment. You say that I misunderstand a passage, ask me how I know what the writter was focussing on and then hide behind an imaginary offering of tea?

Yes I would like to know your take on the passage"

yet it is diversifying as it issues forth by the one side explaining why he felt it was on topic then symmetricly responding with the wish that he do the same.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118973
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:03PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

QUOTE ESO--"No reception, no transmission."

word. well said. my thoughts to a point. more symmetry

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118974
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
11:08PM EDT 
vertical line No symmetry. There was no thinking in Esoteric's post.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118976
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:14PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

just stop please what are you doing? I asked ct a question and you start belittling me.

The symmetry was with what you "thoughtlessy" said and what I was thinking.

Now please stop posting unless its on topic. See the forum rules- What your doing has NOTHING to do with the topic and everything to do with your patternistic bullying

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118977
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.23.2010
11:37PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "& it sure aint transmitting the dharma..."
The Buddha taught people with his words called dharma.  With the dharma, he showed the way and
the learner must walk the way and attain
the enlightment himself.  The Buddha could
not walk the way instead of the learner. He could
not take his Englightenment out of him and put it into
the brain of the learner who still does not understand
, but the learner must realize it himself.  This is like
you must eat the food yourself to make your
stomach full or you must drink water to quench
your thirst.  No one else eats to make your stomach
full. No one else drinks to make your thirst gone.  
If the learner did not get enlightened himself, then
the Buddha couldn't do anything to make him
enlightened. Therefore, what could be transmitted 
were just the words, called teachings, not the
Enlightenment itself (called Truth).  This is what
was said in the passage you read.
When the student got in the state of mind like that 
of the teacher. The teacher would know that and
confirm this with the student. This is a confirmation,
not a transmission as people misunderstood and
misused the word.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118982
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.23.2010
11:48PM EDT 
vertical line Mirrored.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118985
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:50PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

That is essentially what i said I thought it meant yet you seemed to disagree at least at first.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118986
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:51PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line That is also what I said and used buddah as an example.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118987
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.23.2010
11:58PM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

"The practioner toils in vain"

what does that mean?

What you posted about buddha is essentialy what I said earlier on that because of what HE was like, it was not in vain that he taught the dharma, in fact it was to a high degree a great sucsess. I used the passage as an example because the passage insinuates that it is pointless, "in vain" and i disagreed. I pointed out reasons that it often times is in vain and the way that it actually works.

The passage says it is in vain. I disagreed and now you too disagree?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118988
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.24.2010
12:04AM EDT 

just stop please what are you doing? I asked ct a question and you start belittling me.

The symmetry was with what you "thoughtlessy" said and what I was thinking.

Now please stop posting unless its on topic. See the forum rules- What your doing has NOTHING to do with the topic and everything to do with your patternistic bullying

"

"When the Ancients let down a hook, it was never an empty manoeuvre.; they invariably had some truth to benefit people. Many people misunderstand and say, '....[he] spoke aimless talk producing concern where there was none....' Fortunately, this has nothing to do with it....

People today, when questioned, immediately turn to the words to chew on them....How much intellectual interpretation these words have provoked lately! But say, what about [his] meaning? You must avoid searching for [him] in his words. If you give rise to feelings and arouse your thoughts, then he'll snatch your eyeballs away. Above all, people don't realize that when [he] utters one turning word, he cuts off [his] footsteps....

It's just like being face to face with an adept brandishing the Diamond King's jewel sword. If you can smash the views of the ordinary current and cut off gain and loss, affirmation and negation, then you will see where [he] responded to [him]."

- The Blue Cliff Record (Cleary Translation), Eighth Case: Ts'ui Yen's Eyebrows, Yuan Wu's Commentary
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118989
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.24.2010
12:07AM EDT 
vertical line Ten thousand sages could not transmit the dharma. The Buddha did not transmit the dharma.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118990
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.24.2010
12:12AM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

"The Buddha taught people with his words called dharma.  With the dharma, he showed the way and
misused the word."

Do you really think that this means that?-

in the water under it".

clearly one must digest it themselves, is that not obvious?

Howeverthe passage says that there is "NO way" to transmit it.

I disagree. I said I believed it could be communicated, I think you disagreed.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118991
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.24.2010
12:16AM EDT 
vertical line Who is communicating the dharma to whom?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118992
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.24.2010
12:28AM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line

Neither.

when there is a symmetry of position, as in no pupil no teacher the dharma passes where it goes all one needs is to embrace it. And all one needs is faith in dharma.

Buddha saw himself as an equal to all men, a prince that humbled himself to the position of a beggar in a time of a spirtual caste system was the conventional thought. People believed that princes and kings were of a higher spirtual evolution and that is why they were kings and princes. People thought if you were a beggar it was your spiritual karma that put you there and through a multitude of lives you would climb the ladder.

Buddha called it hogwash he said we are all the same. Every man has the means to his own salvation. He equated himself to all men. The poor believed him because he was a prince who equated himself to them, kings had to humble themselves to gain his wisdom.

This is what I said earlier if you scroll up youll see that. That by dwelling in egalitarian conditions-man to man is how the dharma is transmitted. If you have teachers and pupils that is what you have, a school where a pupil can become a teacher so the dharma gets passed on as lip service instead of service to the soul.

There was symmetry so the dharma passes on the flow of faith.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118994
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from soup41
Nov.24.2010
12:29AM EDT 
Email soup41
vertical line night night
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118995
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.24.2010
06:14AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "focus.
hehe.
"

focus on not being a stupid crap for brains jackass sometime Shayne.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118996
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.24.2010
06:18AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "ya know concentration?

haha.
"

concentrate your attention on not being a stupid crap for brains jackass sometime Shayne.

your mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff is crap anyway.  its all about doing and not at all about being, just being.

because your a stupid retarded oaf with crap for brains.

if you knew about being you wouldn't need all that mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff because doing wouldn't matter anymore.  what a ideot.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118997
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.24.2010
06:39AM EDT 
vertical line

When Chontri says to Lehish to go to the fridge, open the door, take out a piece of fruit, and eat it, he does not mean mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff .

he just means be going to the fridge to get a piece of fruit without having to think about it.  the way to do is to be, just be.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118998
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.24.2010
06:47AM EDT 

haha.
"

concentrate your attention on not being a stupid crap for brains jackass sometime Shayne.

your mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff is crap anyway.  its all about doing and not at all about being, just being.

if you knew about being you wouldn't need all that mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff because doing wouldn't matter anymore.  what a ideot.

"

"

what your preaching, mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff , ain't wisdom, meathead,

it only mimics wisdom.  its the whole other side of the coin in practice.  but you can't see that cause yore stupid, stupid, stupid.  and you keep tryin to push your stupid mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff on other people like your right or somethin.

you ain't right about all the mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff.  your wrong.  your stopped in your tracks. stuck.  andd anybodie who buys your crap will be to.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 118999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.24.2010
07:15AM EDT 
Email chontri

"The Buddha taught people with his words called dharma.  With the dharma, he showed the way and
misused the word."

Do you really think that this means that?-

in the water under it".

clearly one must digest it themselves, is that not obvious?

Howeverthe passage says that there is "NO way" to transmit it.

I disagree. I said I believed it could be communicated, I think you disagreed.

"
Mr. soup41,
What CT got to say he already did in the passage itself
and some words above as an extra explaination.
It does not matter whether you agree or disagree with
what have been said there. It is what it is.
Just believe what you believe in and walk your path.
Others do theirs.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119003
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.24.2010
08:05AM EDT 
vertical line 'the wicked one' is in our very feet, we are formed in part from him
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119014
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Nov.24.2010
08:47AM EDT 
vertical line Tongue and groove.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119027
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.24.2010
11:03AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

haha.
"

"

"

what your preaching, mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff , ain't wisdom, meathead,

it only mimics wisdom.  its the whole other side of the coin in practice.  but you can't see that cause yore stupid, stupid, stupid.  and you keep tryin to push your stupid mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff on other people like your right or somethin.

you ain't right about all the mind/attention/focus/concentration stuff.  your wrong.  your stopped in your tracks. stuck.  andd anybodie who buys your crap will be to.

"

you needed to pay attention in school young brat padawan. your spelling is horrible. go have six beers.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119043
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ______
Nov.24.2010
11:11AM EDT 
vertical line Shayneisum - more tis and tell um.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119044
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from chontri
Nov.25.2010
06:59PM EDT 
Email chontri
vertical line Quote: "'the wicked one' is in our very feet, we are formed in part from him"
Mr Chrysies,
Don't worry, you won't fall out off yourself or out off
the universe.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119144
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.25.2010
08:17PM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "'the wicked one' is in our very feet, we are formed in part from him"
Mr Chrysies,
Don't worry, you won't fall out off yourself or out off
the universe.
"

*chuckle*

Thank you Mr Chortni, I am well aware of this,

after all, I am the universe,

correction, I am 'my universe'

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119150
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.26.2010
08:06AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

haha.
"

"

"

"

you needed to pay attention in school young brat padawan. your spelling is horrible. go have six beers."

"

you needed to pay attention in school young brat padawan. your spelling is horrible. go have six beers.
"

shayneeisium alright.  that's fur shore.  ideot.  stupid ideot.  don't get what's right in front of him no how.

everthang you say is tellin people to do somethin.  pay attention.  focus.  concentrate.  dumb stuped hickhead.  might as well tell people to jest change there clothes andd then be somebodie else. like its that easy.  dumb stuped hickweed.  you ain't made a lick a progress here in all these years has you? 

then you has the oddassity to tell other people to go meditate some more, hahahahah.  like you know somethin, you stuped ignerant jerk.

then maybe you try some not doin for a change and see what's what.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119167
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Purethot
Nov.26.2010
08:14AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

haha.
"

"

"

"

you needed to pay attention in school young brat padawan. your spelling is horrible. go have six beers."

"

"

you think yore so smart jest cause you can rite and spell reel good, shayne, but yore still a dumb stupid hickhead far as I can see.  you ain't nothin.  you don't know nothin.  go meditate some more, you stuped jerk hickweed.  hahahahahaha

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 119169
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.01.2013
07:49AM EDT 
vertical line Mr Chontri is here.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153900
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN
by Lucy Bishop
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s