history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Apr 24 2014 02:01AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Tri Bao was the Vietnamese Zen master of the 10th generation of the linage of Vo Ngon Thong.
When he did not realize yet the Tao, he happened meeting a Zen monk. The Zen monk asked him:
- Where did you come from when you were born,... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: GETTING NOWHERE
vertical line Posted on Mar.19.2012 @ 05:27AM EDT by IZIZIZ

THE KNOWING OF THE REALIST

I know my-self and all that exists to be ‘reality’.

Reality as you see it. Reality as it is.

There is only reality.

Non-realty does not exist, other than as words that can be written, read or heard, in ‘reality’.

This reveals that reality therefore stands alone.

Know that if a ‘thing’ stands alone, with no contrast to any-thing else to give it any distinction or definition, but yet it is there, then that thing then can only be known as ‘no-thing’.

Just as the number one can only be such if there is another number to create contrast, but, where there is no other number and yet ‘one’ is there, then ‘one’ truly is ‘no-number’.

Reality, being ‘no-thing’ as ‘all-things’, is what you see when you sit and look.

Sitting and looking is the heart of Zen.

No-thing as some-thing.

This is where you see ‘no-thing’ the paradox’.

You see reality itself, ‘the great contradiction’.

No-thing-ness, is all that you can see. All that you can know. All that you can be.

With this revelation comes the realization that everything is then truly empty of its own self, yet all is what it is.

This is the knowing of empty-ness.

Contradiction in motion. No-thingness. Empty-ness. Paradox as it is.

Now realize the truth. If ‘you’ now consider that ‘you’ are no-thing-ness, empty-ness, paradox, contradiction, then ‘you’ will be infinitely trapped, and ‘you’ will never be the living truth.

Ultimately, the knowing of the realist will be known as an illusion.

That which ‘you’, when awakened, will not see or know.

When ‘is’ is neither ‘is’, nor is it not ‘is’.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Mar.19.2012
09:36AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line did god tell you this?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136769
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Hollow
Mar.19.2012
10:54AM EDT 
vertical line day zhaa voo
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136770
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Mar.19.2012
01:53PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line Be real for reals sake.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136771
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Mar.19.2012
04:37PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "did god tell you this?
"

God Dog or out of your own head - is truth relative to its source?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136772
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Mar.22.2012
06:59AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "did god tell you this?
"

Do you believe in gods and stuff like that?

Do you and a god have a relationship?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136807
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Mar.28.2012
05:58AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line I dont know god.But i liked the title.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 136954
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jun.13.2012
11:59AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Now do I take the right fork or the left fork??

Well, I think the way to go is to take either one
cause, either can help me eat my salad just fine.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138781
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jun.13.2012
01:40PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Seriously though, kudos for going back through the old archives.  You're better at that than I am.  I promised Shayne I would do that over summer break.  I've...um...almost started.  Since this is a written medium let me assert I mean that sincerely with no sarcasm.  You say you want to learn, and I believe you, and I believe going through the stack is the best way to start. 

I agree about the forks by the way.  My grandmother is very Russian and very very old school.  She actually sets out different forks for dinner old school.  Sometimes I use the wrong fork just to do it, just to show that protocol only goes so far.  And sometimes I don't, because sometimes tradition makes people happy. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138785
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Jun.14.2012
05:39AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

"

"

"

God is a convenient term of reference for the Universal Mind, etc, whatever you want to call the One Being.  We are all just spinoffs from the Original Self, aka Brahman, what I call the Spirit, formless, genderless, Void. 

It is what it is being, which at the moment includes all of us. Things as It is.

Everyone has a relationship with their own Self, even aetheists for whom that relationship is to choose to have no relationship at all. 

But then I remember a documentary where a former German U Boat Commander said there are no aethists in submarines.  He said, *You say you are aetheist ?  You com mit me, down into the boot, mit der depth charges exploding all around, and in two minutes you will be down on your knees praying to your God.*

For me, the one I know as the Spirit has been with me for over 40 years now, and I love her.  So yes I would say that our relationship with God is the most important thing in our lives, to the extent that we really have lives.

I you know or understand this, how could you ever need or want to be anything other than that which you created yourself to be, a companion for your Self.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138812
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jun.14.2012
09:11AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

God is a convenient term of reference for the Universal Mind, etc, whatever you want to call the One Being.  We are all just spinoffs from the Original Self, aka Brahman, what I call the Spirit, formless, genderless, Void. 

It is what it is being, which at the moment includes all of us. Things as It is.

Everyone has a relationship with their own Self, even aetheists for whom that relationship is to choose to have no relationship at all. 

But then I remember a documentary where a former German U Boat Commander said there are no aethists in submarines.  He said, *You say you are aetheist ?  You com mit me, down into the boot, mit der depth charges exploding all around, and in two minutes you will be down on your knees praying to your God.*

For me, the one I know as the Spirit has been with me for over 40 years now, and I love her.  So yes I would say that our relationship with God is the most important thing in our lives, to the extent that we really have lives.

I you know or understand this, how could you ever need or want to be anything other than that which you created yourself to be, a companion for your Self.

"

no atheists in foxholes, either.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138818
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Jun.14.2012
09:34AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Seriously though, kudos for going back through the old archives.  You're better at that than I am.  I promised Shayne I would do that over summer break.  I've...um...almost started.  Since this is a written medium let me assert I mean that sincerely with no sarcasm.  You say you want to learn, and I believe you, and I believe going through the stack is the best way to start. 

I agree about the forks by the way.  My grandmother is very Russian and very very old school.  She actually sets out different forks for dinner old school.  Sometimes I use the wrong fork just to do it, just to show that protocol only goes so far.  And sometimes I don't, because sometimes tradition makes people happy. 

"

argh you get to see how nuts i can be then. shesh.

well was....still am.

sorry.

im half nuts and half totally sane.

better then most in this world which are ALL insane.

read at your own discretion.

haha.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138822
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jun.14.2012
12:44PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Your nuy sane?

I agree the police have too much power, and the prosecution too much authority. We have a ridiculous number of people in jail. Some one told me we have more people in jail proportionally than China. I mistrust the police's arrest patterns and I very much mistrust the prosecutors, who are paid to put people in jail not to weigh their relative guilt. I very much fear half the people in prison are innocent and except the ratio to be more like two tenth of that. I don't really think there os a systemic anterior motive. I just think paying people to get convictions rather than to seek justice is an idiotic practice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138831
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN ELEMENTS
by Liu Chang
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s