history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 31 2014 08:44AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.10.2009 @ 11:40PM EDT by chontri
Accept my words only when you have examined them for yourselves;
do not accept them simply because of the reverence you have for me.
Those who only have faith in me and affection... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: IN THE DARK.
vertical line Posted on Apr.10.2012 @ 09:37AM EDT by shayne
the goverment and media want to keep you in the dark.

day 3 or 4 and NO ONE still knows.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Apr.10.2012
09:42AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line 3 days off work! woohoo!

and it's light out, and in

shine the light to all so bright

then darkness disappears
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137227
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Apr.10.2012
02:31PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line If something happens then you respond to it.  With calmness and clarity comes response.  If I am presented with a mugger I will ask why they wish to rob me.  If I can help them I will.  If I cannot I will way whether or not my resistance will add to the general good.  If yes I will resist, if not then I will not, either, acting or not-acting is a response.  Acting without thought, (which in truth is to let the subconscious ego act for self preservation) is reaction, and a waste of effort. 

However, I will still walk down the street, every time.  What is is what exists now, here, and what I can worry about is what exists in my sphere of influence.  Worrying about what might happen, even worrying about what will happen, in the future is to expend effort on a problem that does not in truth exist.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137241
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Apr.11.2012
12:14AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line seems the cyclic events of the universe wipe out mankind from time to time.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137265
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Apr.11.2012
01:49AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line i wont say what it is. not sure if its even true. i know the strange sounds are. i know the mass dead aniamals in rio and elsewhere in the world are.

seems the prophets of old say its god.

maybe.

i wont rule anything out.

i think it happened in their lifetime with the great flood during noahs time.

just a universal cyclic event.

just is a bad word.

not just just.

it will be...........what it will be.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137266
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Apr.11.2012
01:55AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line im gonna stand on the edge of oblivion. pull out my machette sword and yell into the heavens.

bedeep bedeep thats all folks.

hahahaha.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137267
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Apr.11.2012
04:39AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "i wont say what it is. not sure if its even true. i know the strange sounds are. i know the mass dead aniamals in rio and elsewhere in the world are.

maybe.

just is a bad word.

not just just.

"

I always thought the *Great Flood* was a myth, and most of it probably is,

but then I learned on the History Channel that there are over 200 cities and towns

at the bottom of the Mediteranean Sea since a flood about 8,000 years ago,

about the historical time of Noah.  Many other cultures have flood stories too.

And the Black Sea was flooded at that same time, with more cities and towns under it.

In 1993, I was told in a vision to come here and wait for something dramatic to happen in about 20 years.  Its a nice place to live, so I dont mind waiting here in the Puget Sound area.  And if nothing happens by the time I turn 60 in 2014, maybe I will make other plans.  The last time I was given a 20 year prediction it came true in 19 years.  Ive had others of 10 to 15 years too.  They have all come true so far, even though they seemed impossible.  So I wait, with an open mind.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137268
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Apr.11.2012
04:52AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "If something happens then you respond to it.  With calmness and clarity comes response.  If I am presented with a mugger I will ask why they wish to rob me.  If I can help them I will.  If I cannot I will way whether or not my resistance will add to the general good.  If yes I will resist, if not then I will not, either, acting or not-acting is a response.  Acting without thought, (which in truth is to let the subconscious ego act for self preservation) is reaction, and a waste of effort. 

However, I will still walk down the street, every time.  What is is what exists now, here, and what I can worry about is what exists in my sphere of influence.  Worrying about what might happen, even worrying about what will happen, in the future is to expend effort on a problem that does not in truth exist.
"

I got mugged in the subway in DC years ago.  The mugger and I were the only ones in the station.  I bluffed and told him I didnt have any money.  He was huge, well over 300 pounds I think.  I was gambling that he wouldnt be willing to turn me upside down and shake me on camera.

He looked at me quizically, like I was either crazy, or really didnt have any money.  Then he walked away.  Turned and looked at me again in a few feet.  I said, *I told you.  I dont have any money.*  Then he walked away shaking his head.

I dont like to lie, but there are exceptions to every rule.  A lot of times all you have to do to avoid trouble is cross the street.  The best defense is simply not to be there.  But there were other times in DC when I had to run or bluff too, like putting my hand out of sight like I had a gun worked.  Another time I did a quick 180 on my motorcycle and got the hell out of there, after taking the wrong exit, into the ghetto. 

One time I got lost late at night in the ghetto.  I was a little white guy in a little white MGB, with the top down, and the gas needle was on E.  I was looking for any kind of landmark, and getting ready to ditch the car and hide until daylight if the gas ran out.  Then I saw the Washington Monument sticking up and made a beeline for it.  Had enough gas to get back onto the Virginia side of the Potomac, and a gas station.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137269
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Apr.11.2012
08:33AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "i wont say what it is. not sure if its even true. i know the strange sounds are. i know the mass dead aniamals in rio and elsewhere in the world are.

maybe.

just is a bad word.

not just just.

"

I always thought the *Great Flood* was a myth, and most of it probably is,

but then I learned on the History Channel that there are over 200 cities and towns

at the bottom of the Mediteranean Sea since a flood about 8,000 years ago,

about the historical time of Noah.  Many other cultures have flood stories too.

And the Black Sea was flooded at that same time, with more cities and towns under it.

In 1993, I was told in a vision to come here and wait for something dramatic to happen in about 20 years.  Its a nice place to live, so I dont mind waiting here in the Puget Sound area.  And if nothing happens by the time I turn 60 in 2014, maybe I will make other plans.  The last time I was given a 20 year prediction it came true in 19 years.  Ive had others of 10 to 15 years too.  They have all come true so far, even though they seemed impossible.  So I wait, with an open mind.

"

yeah. sounds good don.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 137278
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jun.15.2012
03:55AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line My father came home without his pants on.
He was mugged in stairway of our building.
This happened twice. Money to pay the rent and put food on our table was gone.

Then one night, I'm walking home. Two guys came up from behind me.
I stopped to let them by. They passed and then they stopped to ask me for change.
I gave them some. And, I walked passed them. One pulls out knife and sticks the point into my back so I can feel the sharp tip.

I fought. I fought for the little spare change I had in my pocket.
I fought for the small bag of clothes I carried with me.
I was almost stabbed a number of times ... each time he swung at me with the knife
I stopped it with my foot. I used the small bag of clothes to catch the knife when my foot missed.
I ended up with my clothes messed up and my stomach with a red scratch where the knife contacted my skin.

I was very angry that night and a few nights that followed.
My father soon decided to move out of that neighborhood
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138850
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jun.15.2012
09:20PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Out of the dark: just see how it thought then stop thinking, breathe and smile.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 138854
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA SET : STATUE & FIGURINE COLLECTION
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s