history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Apr 24 2014 10:26PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ching Ch'ing, a Chinese Ch'an master, asked a monk:
-What is the sound outside?
The monk answered:
-That is the sound of rain.
The master said:
-Sentient beings are upside down, they lose themselves in pursuit of things.
The... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: I HAD A DREAM! OF A MONK?? HE SPOKE TO ME!
vertical line Posted on Aug.02.2012 @ 12:42PM EDT by LeonBasin
Hello!

I had a dream last night of a monk coming to me and speaking to me in my dreams. This has happened before, but the first time the monk did not say anything, he just stared and watched me.
However, this time it was a different monk and his name was, "Pabongka Riponche." (He wrote: "Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand”) I read only a few pages of this book, thus it is weird to see him in my dreams. He spoke only a few words, but he said one thing that I cannot recall, but when I heard it, it really had me going. It was a good thing, but I felt like my brain was melting, because it was so powerful and strong and it resonated with me strongly. Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks all,
Leon
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email LeonBasin
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.02.2012
01:52PM EDT 
vertical line You're insatiable, like a perpetually hungry, parasitic thought-vampire, feeding on waves.

I was just thinking about how Alan Watts and Frank Herbert (author of Dune), used to take LSD together - LSD supplied by Alan Watts, before Frank Herbert wrote Dune. Then I got to thinking about how they both used to read Alan Corbin, in particular Alan Watts.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140222
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Aug.02.2012
04:53PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line I enjoyed "Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand" (On the Lamrim). The meditations were very good. I read "The Middle Way" by the Dalai Lama which is a good piece to read in succession to Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140230
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.02.2012
05:50PM EDT 
vertical line A lubricant for a few pages more of Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand with Henry did it work? Corbin. Not Watt s/ who followed Corbin. And Frank. No jam today; no liberation of a provisionally defined self tomorrow. Exhilarating. Liberating. And one time mescaling. Denies not the infinite and keeps the counter-game well hidden in the final dissolution of the world.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140232
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Aug.02.2012
06:42PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line You don't say?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140234
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.02.2012
07:01PM EDT 
vertical line Correct.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140237
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Aug.02.2012
11:44PM EDT 
vertical line I think if you know too much you have more to download. And it is so difficult thing to download.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140248
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from LeonBasin
Aug.03.2012
12:17AM EDT 
Email LeonBasin
vertical line Quote: "I enjoyed "Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand" (On the Lamrim). The meditations were very good. I read "The Middle Way" by the Dalai Lama which is a good piece to read in succession to Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand. "

Thank you!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 140250
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA : STATUE & FIGURINE COLLECTION
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s