history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Oct 21 2014 09:33PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  To cling to onself as Buddha, oneself as Ch'an or the way,
making that an understanding, is called clinging to the inward view.

Attainment by causes and conditions, practice and realization,
making this an understanding,... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: PLANES OF EXISTENCE
vertical line Posted on Sep.03.2012 @ 05:12AM EDT by starduster

I just thought of a metaphor to describe planes of existence.

Like in a glass of Coca Cola, there are all kinds of little bubbles clinging to the inside of the glass. 

They are all inside the same place, the glass of Coke being compared to the Void in that sense.  And they are all separate and distinct. 

One by one they let go of the glass, rise to the top, and pop into nothingness.

From what I have *seen* in the Void, the awareness there, the Spirit, Universal Mind, God, or whatever you want to call It, creates these planes of existence for Its own amusement, pleasure, and other reasons, of Itself, by Itself, for Itself, as there is nothing else, just nothingness.  its not all good, but it is all better than nothing.

What I *witnessed* in the Void that I didnt understand before is that creation is not past tense.  In the Void there is only now.  Creation is all in one moment.  All that exists is what the awareness of the Void is being *now*.  It all *is* being created *now*.  Nothing else exists except that which It is being now. 

And It can be anything, subject to change without notice.  It can shake the universal etchasketch and start over from scratch in an instant.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.03.2012
06:56AM EDT 
vertical line Theme-i-Sketch
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 141953
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Sep.03.2012
08:41AM EDT 
vertical line

Coca plantation

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 141957
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from genericzen
Sep.06.2012
11:34PM EDT 
Email genericzen
vertical line yes yes, creation is all in the present tense, everything is reborn in every moment totally new, it is a drag sometimes, that this is less outwardly expressed, they speak in terms of histories and yet there is only the infinite bliss of seeing it all arise total unrelated
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142189
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.07.2012
01:36AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Like in a glass of Coca Cola, there are all kinds of little bubbles clinging to the inside of the glass. 

They are all inside the same place, the glass of Coke being compared to the Void in that sense.  And they are all separate and distinct. 

From what I have *seen* in the Void, the awareness there, the Spirit, Universal Mind, God, or whatever you want to call It, creates these planes of existence for Its own amusement, pleasure, and other reasons, of Itself, by Itself, for Itself, as there is nothing else, just nothingness.  its not all good, but it is all better than nothing.

What I *witnessed* in the Void that I didnt understand before is that creation is not past tense.  In the Void there is only now.  Creation is all in one moment.  All that exists is what the awareness of the Void is being *now*.  It all *is* being created *now*.  Nothing else exists except that which It is being now. 

And It can be anything, subject to change without notice.  It can shake the universal etchasketch and start over from scratch in an instant.

"

Such a nice dream you had! So, how did that dream help you today? And how did it help others?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142206
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
06:16AM EDT 
vertical line I've been posting on this plane since before the Internet existed.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142209
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.08.2012
06:18AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "yes yes, creation is all in the present tense, everything is reborn in every moment totally new, it is a drag sometimes, that this is less outwardly expressed, they speak in terms of histories and yet there is only the infinite bliss of seeing it all arise total unrelated "

Every little bit unrelated, yet interdependent, *everything is reborn in every moment totally new*.

This is an understanding of *dependent arising*.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142321
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.09.2012
05:28AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

Such a nice dream you had! So, how did that dream help you today? And how did it help others?
"

That *dream* helps me everyday, just like all the *others* I have talked with who have had similar *dreams* and now live in peace.

You havent found peace, have you?  You have found a way to be *comfortably numb*, and that is not the same as *understanding*.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142382
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.09.2012
10:11AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

That *dream* helps me everyday, just like all the *others* I have talked with who have had similar *dreams* and now live in peace.

You havent found peace, have you?  You have found a way to be *comfortably numb*, and that is not the same as *understanding*.

"

Now you are looking at yourself, but you can't see me. Are you a peaceful man? Does your dream really make you live in peace, and help you to bring peace to others? Because your talk of hiding on your "piece of the world" that you cut for yourself, and the fighting, and the anger...they don't sound very peaceful.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142396
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.09.2012
10:23AM EDT 
vertical line No other form does he know, that so persists in obsessing the mind of esoteric as the form of starduster.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142402
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.09.2012
10:29AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "No other form does he know, that so persists in obsessing the mind of esoteric as the form of starduster."

Not really. When I check this forum, I read words and sometimes I write a response. When I'm not checking this forum, I'm neither checking this forum nor not-checking this forum.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142403
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.09.2012
10:33AM EDT 
vertical line Check mate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142404
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.09.2012
10:38AM EDT 
vertical line I understand suffering, and I understand peace. I understand pain, and I understand healing. So, I read what I read, and I write what I write. Not checking ideas, just doing as doing.

Now I'm going to shop for new frames for glasses.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142406
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.09.2012
10:39AM EDT 
vertical line With a smile. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142407
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.09.2012
10:40AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line

cool.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142408
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.09.2012
10:45AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line lets DO this exercise everyday.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142409
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.09.2012
02:18PM EDT 
vertical line It's a jungle, Gym.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142412
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.09.2012
03:05PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Divine Love
Optimal Presence
Being
Nonseparation
Thusness

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142414
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.10.2012
03:50AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Now you are looking at yourself, but you cant see me. Are you a peaceful man? Does your dream really make you live in peace, and help you to bring peace to others? Because your talk of hiding on your "piece of the world" that you cut for yourself, and the fighting, and the anger...they dont sound very peaceful.
"

"

Now you are looking at yourself, but you cant see me. Are you a peaceful man? Does your dream really make you live in peace, and help you to bring peace to others? Because your talk of hiding on your "piece of the world" that you cut for yourself, and the fighting, and the anger...they dont sound very peaceful.
"

Im not angry with you, esoteric, Im glad for you.  You have found what works for you, at least for now, and that is very good.  You have ended your suffering.

The things we talk about here, and experiences we share, tend to support meditation and the benefits of looking inside for answers and solutions.  And that is good.

What you say supports that too.  The only problem I have had with you is your attempt to *correct* others to your way of seeing things.  What right for you is not necessarily right for everyone.  Everyone has to find their own answers and solutions within themselves. 

Zazen is a great accomplishment, silence of mind, but it is not Zen in itself, and it is not an end in itself.  Its working for you, and thats all that should matter to you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142422
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.10.2012
10:58AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

"

"

"

Im not angry with you, esoteric, Im glad for you.  You have found what works for you, at least for now, and that is very good.  You have ended your suffering.

The things we talk about here, and experiences we share, tend to support meditation and the benefits of looking inside for answers and solutions.  And that is good.

What you say supports that too.  The only problem I have had with you is your attempt to *correct* others to your way of seeing things.  What right for you is not necessarily right for everyone.  Everyone has to find their own answers and solutions within themselves. 

Zazen is a great accomplishment, silence of mind, but it is not Zen in itself, and it is not an end in itself.  Its working for you, and thats all that should matter to you.

"

When I say "some people need to be corrected" and "that is not correct" and "I'm trying to correct your thinking," I don't mean "corrected to the way I am," or "you should think and do what I think and do," or even "I'm correct and you're not."

Only you can know what is correct and what isn't. And some people need to be corrected a lot. An understanding of your own nature and your real function...that will decide it. Seeing things as they are has nothing to do with answers and solutions.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142449
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.10.2012
04:20PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line So wrong and on so many levels ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142463
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.10.2012
04:42PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "So wrong and on so many levels ... hahaha "

Then correct it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142464
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.10.2012
10:40PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "So wrong and on so many levels ... hahaha "

Then correct it.
"
Too much work ... I have enough work taking care of my seven year old.
Now you want me to take care of your crap too???
I don't think so ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142468
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.11.2012
12:29AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "So wrong and on so many levels ... hahaha "

Then correct it.
"
Too much work ... I have enough work taking care of my seven year old.
Now you want me to take care of your crap too???
I don't think so ... hahaha
"

You took care of it. Good job!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142469
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Sep.11.2012
01:42AM EDT 
vertical line Good job, Avatar!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142474
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.11.2012
04:08AM EDT 
vertical line

Silencing the mind is only a step toward opening the mind,

becoming a *receiver*, and then what you need can come to you.

Metaphorically, its like most people are talking away on their two-way radio,

never letting go of the mic button long enough to hear what the *other* has to say.

Maybe thats why it is said that *prayer is talking and meditation is listening*.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142476
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.11.2012
06:02AM EDT 
vertical line The engaged tone on a busy line.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142491
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.11.2012
09:02AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line crickets

bluejay

dog walking on wood floor

breath

finger touch

not mine

not much
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142504
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA, 1905
by Odilon Redon
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s