history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Oct 25 2014 08:39AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time, in a certain town there was a coffin maker who opened and was running a store where he sold the coffins he made himself to the customers in the neighborhood. The popuplation in the town increased day-by-day.

The... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: YEAH IMAGINE THAT
vertical line Posted on Sep.04.2012 @ 09:48AM EDT by shayne
well here goes. this crap has been happening to me long enough.

a radio plugged into the wall a few weeks ago. i didnt like the oldies station so turned it to a station i liked. well it got all garbled and wouldnt play any station i turned it too. well i went to check out other peoples radios. they worked fine. so i told a girl at work about it when she went to relieve me for break. i came back the radio was moved and i said. hey you got it working. she said yeah.......it wasnt plugged in.

another.

today i went to get beer. well i wanted a cold case. so i went in the freezer and closed the door behind me. i grabbed a case and headed for the door. it wouldnt open. i tried three times. till finally i knocked on the door. they came and opened it no problem. they even tried it a few times. pfffthh.

another.

a week i was good physically. no pain. nothing. then a week later pain all over again. no. it dont work that way. period.

another.

just this weekend i get a email confirming a friend request from someone i know at work. from meetme.com. well i never sent it. period. no one and not even me would know he was on it. period.

for a hour one time i was perplexed by wanting to harm someone one day. i kept saying i wont. bullcrap. then a person i know said to me....lets harm this same person i was thinking about. bull malarky.

another.

i sat gonna type something on facebook. well my keyboard which lights up kept going on and off. hmm...so i thought i short or not connected correctly. so i turned on the lights and checked the plugs. turned off the lights. and sat back down to type. well it kept going off and on. and then the spacer that you type with and exists when you put your mouse on a writing area spazzed out. ketp going and going and going. even after the keyboard came back on. i hit enter. it should have stopped. till i said out loud. this is unnatural and cannot happen. it stopped . no problems since.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.04.2012
09:51AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line someone i know says to me...and this thought crossed my mind before they said it. it must be my split personality and its the one with pyscick powers. haha. bull malarky.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142002
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.04.2012
10:40AM EDT 
vertical line Oliver's Army
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142004
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.04.2012
10:49AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I know of nothing that would do that.
What do you think is causing this??

My life has always been simple and logical.
No spirits or sprites. No strange sounds or bumps in the night.
So, it just seems impossible to me that any of this could happen.
Not saying it didn't. Just that my life has always been simple.

The only thing that could be said to be unusual would be
that Murphy's law happens more often than not.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142005
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.04.2012
10:51AM EDT 
vertical line Yeah, saw that coming.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142007
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.04.2012
11:08AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line i locked my bedroom door.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142011
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Sep.04.2012
02:39PM EDT 
vertical line Have you ever seen that television show "Alphas"? Its sort of a FBI/X-Men type of television show. Anyway there are people with "super" powers in that show. One of them can see everything as cause and effect patterns and he can affect these patterns. One little change in the environment which causes a domino effect and changes everything else.

When you develop your mental awareness to a very fine point there is the capacity to consciously choose outcomes to occur like this. It looks like magic but it really is not it is the power of an awakened mind. Which by the way there are warnings against demonstrating these abilities because they confuse people and can cause your ego to really wake up.

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is you can touch this ability in reverse. Where your expectation of negative events begins to generate the negative events. It is not supernatural, just that you find a way to reaffirm the reality in your head.

I think there is psychological theory for all of this.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142019
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.04.2012
02:42PM EDT 
vertical line Neural Zen, you ain't.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142020
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Sep.04.2012
02:54PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Have you ever seen that television show "Alphas"? Its sort of a FBI/X-Men type of television show. Anyway there are people with "super" powers in that show. One of them can see everything as cause and effect patterns and he can affect these patterns. One little change in the environment which causes a domino effect and changes everything else.

When you develop your mental awareness to a very fine point there is the capacity to consciously choose outcomes to occur like this. It looks like magic but it really is not it is the power of an awakened mind. Which by the way there are warnings against demonstrating these abilities because they confuse people and can cause your ego to really wake up.

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is you can touch this ability in reverse. Where your expectation of negative events begins to generate the negative events. It is not supernatural, just that you find a way to reaffirm the reality in your head.

I think there is psychological theory for all of this.
"

Theory is Synchronicity by Jung...there may be other theories...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142021
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.04.2012
03:03PM EDT 
vertical line Magic.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142022
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.04.2012
05:00PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line hmm...i have considered what you said. but...fishes blowing bubbles.....is my key. this happened. is real.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142039
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.04.2012
06:23PM EDT 
vertical line There's nothing warm and fuzzy about angels.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142042
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.04.2012
06:53PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "There's nothing warm and fuzzy about angels. "

haha. they so love to torment evil.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142051
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.05.2012
06:33AM EDT 
vertical line Imagine legions of that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142072
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.05.2012
06:53AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "hmm...i have considered what you said. but...fishes blowing bubbles.....is my key. this happened. is real.

"

I know what you mean. 

It only takes one solid *proof*, and then you have to play in a whole different ballpark.  You can no longer dismiss things as happenstance, or your imagination.

That doesnt mean you have to believe everything.  You must still keep your wits about you, and be prepared to defend yourself.  It just means that you understand that whistling in the graveyard wont help you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142076
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.05.2012
06:58AM EDT 
vertical line I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything.

~ David St. Hubbins (Spinal Tap)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142078
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.05.2012
07:03AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Imagine legions of that."

I know.  *Tens of thousands of tens of thousands*  And thats just the angels, as there are many more of many other species that may join in as well.

Whisling in the graveyard wont help anyone.  I have met many other creatures from other planes of existence, who can travel to this plane from theirs, and they are quite formidable.  Jesus was on a kindly mission to save mankind.  That was then, this is now.

Now if I recall what I have read or heard of scriptures, when Jesus comes back it is purported that he will lead a *Heavenly Hoard* of such beings.  Is that right ?

I met him in my astral travels and we talked about what would happen when he comes back.  I dont remember specifically what was said, just that that is what we talked about.  As I was waking up, he put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Be at peace.  Be still in your heart.  Be true to God."  I have tried to stick to that.  If Im still around when he comes back, Im sure the rest will come back to me as needs be.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142080
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.05.2012
07:10AM EDT 
vertical line Apocalypse Now! - reveals the veiled; where the veiled is revealed.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142082
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.06.2012
10:22AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Apocalypse Now! - reveals the veiled; where the veiled is revealed."
The apocalypse was a dream about an ill fate.
I had a dream where each job I did brought me closer to enlightenment.
When all the jobs were done, I ended up on a tropical island where water flowed and fruits abound.
But, there was no one ... no others like me. Such a beautiful place  .. yet so lonely.
I searched for others and found a piece of paper. In my hands, it became trash but no place to throw it.
How can it be so lonely and nothing can be discarded??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142141
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.06.2012
10:57AM EDT 
vertical line Put it in your pocket and walk away.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142145
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.06.2012
11:07AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "Apocalypse Now! - reveals the veiled; where the veiled is revealed."
The apocalypse was a dream about an ill fate.
I had a dream where each job I did brought me closer to enlightenment.
When all the jobs were done, I ended up on a tropical island where water flowed and fruits abound.
But, there was no one ... no others like me. Such a beautiful place  .. yet so lonely.
I searched for others and found a piece of paper. In my hands, it became trash but no place to throw it.
How can it be so lonely and nothing can be discarded??
"

Good one.

All One = Alone.

A tropical island sounds nice, but from there you can go anywhere.

You can let out a yell and shake the universe,

Or you can spread your wings and take flight,

Or ....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142146
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.06.2012
11:34AM EDT 
vertical line ... save it for a rainy day.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142148
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA - LOVE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s