history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Dec 19 2014 07:15AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ta-mei Fa-chang (752-839) was a Chinese Ch'an master. After he got awakened under
the Great master Ma-tsu Tao-i (709-788), he went to the Ta-mei mountain and resided there.
One day there was a traveling monk who got lost in the Ta-mei... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SEA TURNS RED.
vertical line Posted on Sep.05.2012 @ 09:34AM EDT by shayne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DPF7Hx1X4

about a month ago.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.05.2012
09:54AM EDT 
vertical line The apocalypse is where the veiled is revealed. It is how the unconscious becomes conscious, and how discoveries hiding in the shadows have their covers dissed. Nemu's End: The History, Psychology, and Poetry of the Apocalypse considers this process as it occurs in our society, in our history, and in our brains.

In science, revelation works through dreams, visions, insights and eureka moments, and is responsible for far more groundbreaking ideas and technologies than rational thinking and tapping on calculators.

An apocalypse can be a personal event, when normal linguistic and psychological limitations are temporarily broken down. When this happens, whether spontaneously or through meditation or psychedelics, people may become capable of mental feats which were previously impossible, and aware of things which are usually invisible.

On another level, an apocalypse is an event which occurs collectively during intense periods of transformation. Each time this happens, horizons expand, new scales are opened up, new frontiers are discovered, and new philosophies and technologies are developed, invariably sparking social and political unrest. In seventeenth century Europe, a new order emerged, and was accompanied with an unprecedented body count. It also happened in first century Jerusalem, and there are signs that another upheaval is underway today, which will be global in its implications.

Despite the inelegance of street preachers and the disinterest of the sensible majority, the apocalypse is relevant to our lives, and becoming more so every day. Blinkered rationalism is a bulldozer lurching down a dark cul-de-sac at the end of the world; revelation is a magick bus bouncing down the path of understanding towards the light. This book is the story of the apocalypse, how it has been experienced in the past, and how it is unfolding today. It is written in the faith that revelation is open to everyone, and in the hope that we embrace it before our bulldozer squashes the life out of us.

~ Rev Nemu (Nemu's End)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142085
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.05.2012
10:09AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line yes kind sir.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142086
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.06.2012
07:26AM EDT 
vertical line nemu's end: History, Psychology and Poetry of the Apocalypse
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142112
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.06.2012
07:29AM EDT 
vertical line www.amazon.com/
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142113
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
08:56AM EDT 
vertical line Fire
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142240
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.07.2012
11:08AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line fire   du du du....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142241
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.07.2012
01:41PM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDMTzwrAbM
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142274
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
01:51PM EDT 
vertical line Told my tale to the Cannibal King, said baby baby shake that thing. On second thoughts, er, no.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142276
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.08.2012
06:12AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "The apocalypse is where the veiled is revealed. It is how the unconscious becomes conscious, and how discoveries hiding in the shadows have their covers dissed. Nemu's End: The History, Psychology, and Poetry of the Apocalypse considers this process as it occurs in our society, in our history, and in our brains.

In science, revelation works through dreams, visions, insights and eureka moments, and is responsible for far more groundbreaking ideas and technologies than rational thinking and tapping on calculators.

An apocalypse can be a personal event, when normal linguistic and psychological limitations are temporarily broken down. When this happens, whether spontaneously or through meditation or psychedelics, people may become capable of mental feats which were previously impossible, and aware of things which are usually invisible.

On another level, an apocalypse is an event which occurs collectively during intense periods of transformation. Each time this happens, horizons expand, new scales are opened up, new frontiers are discovered, and new philosophies and technologies are developed, invariably sparking social and political unrest. In seventeenth century Europe, a new order emerged, and was accompanied with an unprecedented body count. It also happened in first century Jerusalem, and there are signs that another upheaval is underway today, which will be global in its implications.

Despite the inelegance of street preachers and the disinterest of the sensible majority, the apocalypse is relevant to our lives, and becoming more so every day. Blinkered rationalism is a bulldozer lurching down a dark cul-de-sac at the end of the world; revelation is a magick bus bouncing down the path of understanding towards the light. This book is the story of the apocalypse, how it has been experienced in the past, and how it is unfolding today. It is written in the faith that revelation is open to everyone, and in the hope that we embrace it before our bulldozer squashes the life out of us.

~ Rev Nemu (Nemu's End)
"

*It also happened in first century Jerusalem, and there are signs that another upheaval is underway today, which will be global in its implications.*

I dont know what to expect, but Im expecting something in the next year or two. 

In 1993 I was shown a vision and told to come to where I live now and wait for something to happen in about 20 years.  The vision came true, so I wait. 

The last time I had a prediction of about 20 years it came true in 19 years, actually after I had given up on it altogether.  Ive had other long term predictions that have come true also.

I just try to keep an open mind, and be ready for anything.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142320
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.08.2012
06:53AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aciKKDZCW-E&playnext=1&list=PL0B812444C0A8B727&feature=results_main

today while I listen to this song i get excited.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142323
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.08.2012
07:14AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ity-l7be1z0

ok. just this.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142324
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.08.2012
07:37AM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line something like that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142325
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.08.2012
10:26AM EDT 
vertical line Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142331
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.08.2012
03:44PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "*It also happened in first century Jerusalem, and there are signs that another upheaval is underway today, which will be global in its implications.*

I dont know what to expect, but Im expecting something in the next year or two."

Is it going to be good or bad??
Is it a biggie or no biggie??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142360
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.08.2012
04:03PM EDT 
vertical line It's ... It's ... It's you, the whole you and nothing but you and your parasitic vampyre thoughts sucking on the worm that dieth not, desperate to wash away the uncleanness of your foul and evil deeds.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142363
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.09.2012
04:58AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "*It also happened in first century Jerusalem, and there are signs that another upheaval is underway today, which will be global in its implications.*

I dont know what to expect, but Im expecting something in the next year or two."

"

"

I dont know.  The Spirit told me to come here and wait for her.  In meditation I have asked and been told, *Just be there when I get there, thats all I can tell you right now.*

I was also told, 20 years ago, *There will be few survivors, but you will not be harmed.*  In talking with another meditative traveller, she said that she was told the exact same thing in her meditations, word for word.

It would be easier if it was all cut and dried, but it isnt.  I get predictions, visions, premonitions, and then I just have to hang on to my ass and be ready, as much as I can be.  So far, eventually if not sooner, they have come true.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142376
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.09.2012
09:30AM EDT 
vertical line A state? What is that? ... It is a lie! ... whatever it sayeth it lieth; and whatever it hath it hath stolen ... "it is I who am the regulating finger of God" - thus roareth the monster ... The state, ... where the slow suicide of all - is called "life". Just see these superfluous ones! They steal the works of the inventors and the treasures of the wise ... and everything becometh sickness and trouble unto them! ... Sick are they always: they vomit their bile and call it a newspaper. ... badly they all smell to me, these idolaters. My brethren, will ye suffocate in the fumes of their maws and appetites! Better break the windows and jump into the open air!

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142387
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.10.2012
06:32AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "A state? What is that? ... It is a lie! ... whatever it sayeth it lieth; and whatever it hath it hath stolen ... "it is I who am the regulating finger of God" - thus roareth the monster ... The state, ... where the slow suicide of all - is called "life". Just see these superfluous ones! They steal the works of the inventors and the treasures of the wise ... and everything becometh sickness and trouble unto them! ... Sick are they always: they vomit their bile and call it a newspaper. ... badly they all smell to me, these idolaters. My brethren, will ye suffocate in the fumes of their maws and appetites! Better break the windows and jump into the open air!

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
"

A State is like a corporation in which all of its citizens each own one share.  By electing politicians as officials to run it, we essentially assign them our proxy.

Corruption is inevitable.  That doesnt mean the system is bad, just the peope in it.

And every election year, people come to us and say the people you picked before are really bad people, but we a good so pick us this time.

Sad thing is, they are all bad.  We dont have good people to choose from.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142424
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.10.2012
07:33AM EDT 
vertical line Intro

Outro
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142425
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.10.2012
08:41AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "A State is like a corporation in which all of its citizens each own one share.  By electing politicians as officials to run it, we essentially assign them our proxy.

Corruption is inevitable.  That doesnt mean the system is bad, just the peope in it.

And every election year, people come to us and say the people you picked before are really bad people, but we a good so pick us this time.

"

It is quite a shame. Sometimes people start off with all the good intentions in the world.
Only to find that the system or their own greed or fear for their own welfare causes them to change negatively.
It isn't that the citizens don't have a choice of good people. It is that everything is in flux .. everything changes .. even us.

Few survivors? Now that is a frightening thought.. I had hope to reach a better place before any calamity happens. Wait, what if it is the rapture?? hahaha, stupid thought.
Anyways ... If and/or when it happens, I wish you guys all the best.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142426
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.10.2012
09:25AM EDT 
vertical line Did you just fart?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142430
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.10.2012
09:57AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Did you just fart?"

If you have to ask then no ... hahaha
You will definitely know when I've farted .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142435
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.10.2012
10:02AM EDT 
vertical line Enema? Oops, you already did.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.10.2012
12:34PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Enema? Oops, you already did. "

The color brown suits you .. hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142458
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.11.2012
04:52AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "A State is like a corporation in which all of its citizens each own one share.  By electing politicians as officials to run it, we essentially assign them our proxy.

"

It is quite a shame. Sometimes people start off with all the good intentions in the world.
Only to find that the system or their own greed or fear for their own welfare causes them to change negatively.
It isn't that the citizens don't have a choice of good people. It is that everything is in flux .. everything changes .. even us.

Few survivors? Now that is a frightening thought.. I had hope to reach a better place before any calamity happens. Wait, what if it is the rapture?? hahaha, stupid thought.
"

"

"

Im expecting some kind of natural disaster, not something biblical, although that could happen too.  The miracles that Jesus was a part of were witnessed and recorded, including the part where the sky went dark as night in the middle of the afternoon for something like three hours while he was dying on the cross. 

Not a good omen, so Im keeping an open mind in order to be as ready as I can be for anything.  Could be the Rapture.  Could be a super nova.  Could be a huge volcanic eruption, like Yellowstone.  Could be ..., an asteroid.  I dont know.  Im waiting to see....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142479
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.11.2012
05:56AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Enema? Oops, you already did. "

"

You doos an overstuffy in the tumloader and pukeit all the way to the toileybox.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142488
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.11.2012
08:53AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Tracks in the hall, on the chair, in the room, on the bed, wherever not it is instead of clean freshness. Cake?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142501
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.11.2012
09:33PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Enema? Oops, you already did. "

"

You doos an overstuffy in the tumloader and pukeit all the way to the toileybox.
"

Nah, you can't get out of this one by being cutesy.
You're not a two year old child who pooped in his pants.
Still, brown suits you ... must be your eye??
So full of it that it shows in your eyes ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142544
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.12.2012
06:33AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

You sound like as if you have been conditioned.Who say the colour brown is bad?If you ask me brown is the colour of Zazen.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142551
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.12.2012
06:51AM EDT 
vertical line Joekeepuss.

aVisitor's Visa is Void[ed].

Pawn takes Castle, transforms into whatever he likes.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142552
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Sep.27.2012
05:00PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "A State is like a corporation in which all of its citizens each own one share.  By electing politicians as officials to run it, we essentially assign them our proxy.

"

"

"

"

Im expecting some kind of natural disaster, not something biblical, although that could happen too.  The miracles that Jesus was a part of were witnessed and recorded, including the part where the sky went dark as night in the middle of the afternoon for something like three hours while he was dying on the cross. 

Not a good omen, so Im keeping an open mind in order to be as ready as I can be for anything.  Could be the Rapture.  Could be a super nova.  Could be a huge volcanic eruption, like Yellowstone.  Could be ..., an asteroid.  I dont know.  Im waiting to see....

"

my daughter did research. planetary alignment happens alot.

i think tribulation came and went. with a whimper. not a bang. hahahha.

read evil geeko.

hahhahahhaha

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143185
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.28.2012
06:48AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "A State is like a corporation in which all of its citizens each own one share.  By electing politicians as officials to run it, we essentially assign them our proxy.

"

"

"

"

"

read evil geeko.

hahhahahhaha

"

"

read evil geeko.

hahhahahhaha

"

I reserve the right to *not know*,

but to be as ready as I can be for any eventuality.

When something has to be dealt with, handled, or accepted,

that is soon enough to *know*.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143203
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this EIGHT VIRTUES
by George Caso
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s