history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Apr 19 2014 01:04PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Anyone walking about Chinatowns in America with observe statues of a stout fellow carrying a linen sack. Chinese merchants call him Happy Chinaman or Laughing Buddha. This Hotei lived in the T'ang dynasty. He had no desire to call himself... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: MY DIRTY, BUNNY SOCKS NEED CLEANING? ARE YOU UP FOR THE TASK?
vertical line Posted on Sep.06.2012 @ 11:44PM EDT by genericzen
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdX54CRJ_Q

My dirty, bunny socks need cleaning? Are you up for the task?

i don't judge, if thats zen to you, it is... no bondage... no slavery,  just beingness, buddha, this website reminds me of it, its a funny form of buddhism, i dont think i really has to do with humility or any kind of discipline just a difference in some people, that can be seen in the zen way, the true buddha sees without manipulation simply acts compassionately, even in a non conventional way, not truly forcing, just spreading love, through this dharma all being is  fulfilled by the tao, and all consciousness is caused to attain nirvana.. there is no logic... the laws are followed... say something real, leave a poem, leave a truth,
totally surrender... honor the Goddess, but dont just sound hypnotized... leave a seed of some real truth, dont make us look bad, then the bondage part of it goes away, that is all assumption in truth what is it really, its feet, its roots, the roots of the buddha realm...
nom myoho renge kyo

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email genericzen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from genericzen
Sep.06.2012
11:46PM EDT 
Email genericzen
vertical line reject christianity, you can do better than that!
take all suffering that remains out of the sutras, make new ones, new faith without  karmic anchors holding us all back
thats how bodhisattvas clean the dharma socks...
this is the greatest path
no chop, water carry you
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142190
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.06.2012
11:49PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I don't do laundry and I don't do windows
Go get yourself a Mac
A guy named Mac to do it for you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142192
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from genericzen
Sep.06.2012
11:52PM EDT 
Email genericzen
vertical line I own nothing, even by not doing, it is done.
Blessed Be
from the Great Mother
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142194
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.07.2012
01:31AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I own nothing, even by not doing, it is done.
Blessed Be
from the Great Mother
"

So, you're doing a lot of stuff and leaving a lot undone?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142205
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from genericzen
Sep.07.2012
02:03AM EDT 
Email genericzen
vertical line i honestly don't really know, i just now this website and they way you all go about, it reminds me of that video in many ways lol... so its just something we thought we would call you out on...

not that its bad, as long as its not serious, some people enjoy expressing themselves that way... i dont think we should make assumptions about them, that its anything more than something momentary,
but people who make those situations and really have it in their mind to like control others, i don't know... thats where it becomes real suffering and i think this is not cool, but nothing about feet or being attracted to feet is inherently that, or even inherently about humility really, its just like something zen..

just like nothing about posting on this site is inherently buddhist, or that any of you guys have any understanding, or even are sincere practitioners, its just something zen in the sense that, its words and letters, energy being flung and woven into a forum...

what it means what its ultimately doing is up for anyone to interpret in the end all are buddhas and none are, you could see it many ways, and i do, cannot all be assumed to be one way, its very random... its a mystery

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142207
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
06:18AM EDT 
vertical line Cheeses, whine whine whine without end, Amen.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142210
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.07.2012
11:51AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "i honestly don't really know, i just now this website and they way you all go about, it reminds me of that video in many ways lol... so its just something we thought we would call you out on...

not that its bad, as long as its not serious, some people enjoy expressing themselves that way... i dont think we should make assumptions about them, that its anything more than something momentary,
but people who make those situations and really have it in their mind to like control others, i don't know... thats where it becomes real suffering and i think this is not cool, but nothing about feet or being attracted to feet is inherently that, or even inherently about humility really, its just like something zen..

just like nothing about posting on this site is inherently buddhist, or that any of you guys have any understanding, or even are sincere practitioners, its just something zen in the sense that, its words and letters, energy being flung and woven into a forum...

what it means what its ultimately doing is up for anyone to interpret in the end all are buddhas and none are, you could see it many ways, and i do, cannot all be assumed to be one way, its very random... its a mystery

"

When my stomach is empty, it feels hungry. Then I eat something, and my stomach no longer feels hungry. No two ways about it. Such a mystery!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142242
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
12:24PM EDT 
vertical line Marvel, as Esoteric troughs the dirty bunny socks.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142253
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Sep.07.2012
12:42PM EDT 
vertical line Go to a dry-cleaner like everyone else.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142266
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.07.2012
01:52PM EDT 
vertical line Dhobi.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142277
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from simple
Sep.07.2012
03:24PM EDT 
Email simple
vertical line

From Wikipedia

The Dhobi are a caste group found in India and Pakistan who specialize in washing clothes.[2] The word Dhobi is derived from Hindi word dhona, which means to wash. They are found throughout North India, Gujarat, Maharashtra as well as the Punjab province of Pakistan, where they are known as Gazar.[3] The Dhobi is likely to be of diverse origin, with those who ancestors took the occupation of washing clothes evolving over time into a distinct caste, bound by rules of endogamy. Most Dhobis follow the customs and traditions of the region they live, so for example those in North India speak Hindi, while those in Maharashtra speak Marathi.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142287
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN FANS I
by Gene Ouimette
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s