history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Apr 16 2014 06:03PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Shih-tou Hsi-chien (700-790) was a very well known Chinese Ch'an master.
As a young monk, he was one of the disciples of the Sixth Patriarch Hui-neng.
After Hui-neng passed away, Shih-tou continued his pilgrimage...
He paid a vist... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SPIRITUALITY & ETHICS BEYOND RELIGION
vertical line Posted on Sep.10.2012 @ 10:24AM EDT by Dalai Lama
All the world’s major religions, with their emphasis on love, compassion, patience, tolerance, and forgiveness can and do promote inner values. But the reality of the world today is that grounding ethics in religion is no longer adequate. This is why I am increasingly convinced that the time has come to find a way of thinking about spirituality and ethics beyond religion altogether.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.10.2012
10:39AM EDT 
vertical line sunshine everywhere if not here then there, there, there...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142448
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.10.2012
11:44AM EDT 
vertical line An I drawn across the sky.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142452
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.10.2012
11:47AM EDT 
vertical line to cross the sea and dot the i
within our being not know why
no no no on on om
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142453
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Sep.10.2012
01:17PM EDT 
vertical line The time has come for all good religious folk to put down their swards, and pick up the sacred flower, of power.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142459
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.10.2012
01:59PM EDT 
vertical line i did, was a sunflower out back, hung the flower top on a wind chime on the front deck

bing bing seed sounds like bliss

as it looks too with open eyes at this
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142461
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.11.2012
06:05AM EDT 
vertical line Good morning.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142493
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.11.2012
08:40AM EDT 
vertical line A day off! Slept, woke up refreshed to another beautiful day.! Quiet, calm, relaxed, free of anger or regret! Second cup of coffee.! Last! Crows cawing overhead! Play guitar and finish writing a new song today, then once learned off to give a free concert at a bar, or coffee shop! One more cup of coffee before I go, to the valley below!

Your breath is sweet
Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142495
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.11.2012
08:48AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "A day off! Slept, woke up refreshed to another beautiful day.! Quiet, calm, relaxed, free of anger or regret! Second cup of coffee.! Last! Crows cawing overhead! Play guitar and finish writing a new song today, then once learned off to give a free concert at a bar, or coffee shop! One more cup of coffee before I go, to the valley below!

Your breath is sweet
"

Ah, so you are a Mountain Person.

That explains a lot !!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142499
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.11.2012
10:50AM EDT 
vertical line The love of God through you is sung
A serving life that's served as one
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142513
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.11.2012
11:07AM EDT 
vertical line Just emptied a garbage can from my studio area in back, and as I was picking through it I found this copper sheet hand design that I had thrown away because of a messed up center area of the palm, so I found it in the garbage and took it out, and remembered a wood hand design that was out in the woods that I had thrown out some time ago to become part of the landscape.
So I took the copper hand design sheet and found the wood hand out in the woods and put them together. And they are a perfect fit!!! TTTttttt...

In the palm of the copper I cut out a circular image to make up for the mistake I made before throwing it away. And then laid the copper hand on the wood hand, and am going to sand and polish them and put them together with some copper tacks. And wood burn an image of a sun rising in the wood palm of the hand. Garbage turns to jewels! Then I'll put it out by the road with some free tomatoes!!! Yes, $$$$$$$$SSSSssssssss..

I found my old song book where I have lyrics and chords for over 60 songs!!!  Resurrection of the suns, as always
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142518
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.11.2012
11:59AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "A day off! Slept, woke up refreshed to another beautiful day.! Quiet, calm, relaxed, free of anger or regret! Second cup of coffee.! Last! Crows cawing overhead! Play guitar and finish writing a new song today, then once learned off to give a free concert at a bar, or coffee shop! One more cup of coffee before I go, to the valley below!

Your breath is sweet
"

Ah, so you are a Mountain Person.

That explains a lot !!

"

I sometimes get this weird feeling that Woodsman probably only lives within a few miles of me. But then the feeling passes, and I forget about it for a while.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142524
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.11.2012
12:52PM EDT 
vertical line ...

\

\

\

\

I

i

:

look up in the trees... "peep peep"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142526
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Sep.11.2012
10:26PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line Woodsman probably only lives within a few miles of me. But then the feeling passes, and I forget about it for a while.
"

We actually live in the pinky of michigan. Me and Him. Kind of a coincidence. Not really. But this area is kind of good for that Zen Peace. This could be true. Never met him. Who knows? Its the internet. But I'm here. Telling truth. Nice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142545
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.12.2012
04:40AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Woodsman probably only lives within a few miles of me. But then the feeling passes, and I forget about it for a while.
"

We actually live in the pinky of michigan. Me and Him. Kind of a coincidence. Not really. But this area is kind of good for that Zen Peace. This could be true. Never met him. Who knows? Its the internet. But I'm here. Telling truth. Nice."

I like Michigan.  Very *country*.

I used to go to Higgins Lake every year as a guest speaker of a Legion Vet Rep seminar.  When I left DC, saying I just couldnt live in the city anymore, I was offered a job in UP Michigan and would have like to have taken it except my Dad lived in Olympia WA and I wanted to move closer to him.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142546
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.12.2012
08:58AM EDT 
vertical line You should hear the testimony of Mary, where no law is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142561
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.12.2012
10:34AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "You should hear the testimony of Mary, where no law is."

Okay, im all ears.

In a vision, talking with Satan, I said I would like to meet her.

He took me to where she was *sleeping* and woke her up to meet me, but she became very irritated at being woken up before *the time had come*, and I gave up on talking with her.  What a bitch, she reminded me of my Mom.

Maybe that was just a dream, I dont know.  I suppose I just digress....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142565
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.12.2012
10:40AM EDT 
vertical line Satan drags you up.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142566
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Sep.12.2012
02:26PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "The love of God through you is sung
A serving life that's served as one
"

he makes me cry :)

thanks
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142568
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Sep.12.2012
03:17PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Woodsman probably only lives within a few miles of me. But then the feeling passes, and I forget about it for a while.
"

We actually live in the pinky of michigan. Me and Him. Kind of a coincidence. Not really. But this area is kind of good for that Zen Peace. This could be true. Never met him. Who knows? Its the internet. But I'm here. Telling truth. Nice.
"

I like Michigan.  Very *country*.

I used to go to Higgins Lake every year as a guest speaker of a Legion Vet Rep seminar.  When I left DC, saying I just couldnt live in the city anymore, I was offered a job in UP Michigan and would have like to have taken it except my Dad lived in Olympia WA and I wanted to move closer to him.

"

I have a lot of great memories of Higgins Lake. My Grandparents owned a cottage there. My dads side of the family, cousins and friends would gather there in the summer time. It was a fun place for being a kid. Loved it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142570
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN 1
by Anonymous
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s