history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 01 2014 07:31PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  At Savatthi. Then the Venerable Suradha approached the Buddha...and said to him:

"Venerable sir, how should one know, how should one see so that, in regard to this body
with consciousness and in regard to all external signs, the... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: FIRE SERMON??
vertical line Posted on Sep.19.2012 @ 01:34PM EDT by Avisitor
My friend Tangawizi posted this (hope you like it):

In the Fire Sermon, the Buddha basically taught that we’re on fire. We may not know it but we’re on fire, and we have to put that fire out. We’re burning with desire. We’re burning with craving. Everything about us is out of control.

The Buddha goes on to make the same statement about each of the sense bases (ear, nose, tongue, body, intellect/mind) are on fire. He goes deeper to explain how the fires kindle themselves at a much more basic level than our thoughts and emotions. As soon as our senses engage with their objects, Buddha says, infatuation, aversion and confusion are already present. In this analysis, the fuel of the Fire is our fundamental perception of the world.

In terms of meditation and enlightenment, the flame is blown out: the fires of greed, hatred, and delusion are cooled. The term Nirvana/Nibbana means blowing out, extinguish. One leaves the fuel of craving behind, and thus extinguishes suffering for good. Do u remember I once gave you a metaphor of nirvana by Thai meditation teacher Phra Ajaan Fuang Jotiko—to the effect that the mind released is like fire that has gone out: The fire is not annihilated, he said, but is still there, diffused in the air; it simply no longer latches on to any fuel.

Likewise, in the context of mindfulness, burning up defilement really strikes a chord with me for this same reason.

You have the Zen Dogen way of saying we let these mental defilement go. This is just a surface description of the Fire metaphor used by the Buddha. In the Fire Sermon, he is calling on us to be able to recognize and let go of a grasp that is pre-conscious, that happens before we’re normally even aware of it.

“Bhikkhus, without directly knowing and fully understanding the all, without developing dispassion toward it and abandoning it, one is incapable of destroying suffering. And what, bhikkhus, is the all? The eye and forms and things to be recognized by eye-consciousness, etc.”
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Avisitor
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.19.2012
02:59PM EDT 
vertical line

In this analysis, the fuel of the Fire is our fundamental perception of the world.

------------------------------------------------

With awakening, ones fundamental perception of the world is irrevocably blown away.

It could be said that ones worldly view is replaced by a universal view.

Then one can say, *I am in this world, but I am not of this world.*  Which I believe is something that Jesus said.

The time and space of this life are no longer boundaries, just parameters.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142839
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.19.2012
03:52PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Greed and Delusion are ok but I can not promise for the hatred.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142844
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.19.2012
05:12PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "

In this analysis, the fuel of the Fire is our fundamental perception of the world.

------------------------------------------------

With awakening, ones fundamental perception of the world is irrevocably blown away.

It could be said that ones worldly view is replaced by a universal view.

Then one can say, *I am in this world, but I am not of this world.*  Which I believe is something that Jesus said.

The time and space of this life are no longer boundaries, just parameters.

"
A couple of times, while I was asleep, I could feel my body shaking. Afraid of what it might mean, I forced myself awake only to find my blanket had come off me and I was shuddering from the cold. My fundamental perception of the world is that it is a very cold place. Aversion. I searched quickly for my blanket. Greed. And, I went back to sleep. Delusion. Good night yall.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142845
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.19.2012
06:19PM EDT 
vertical line One can say a lot of things. Or one can just shut up and drink the tea. Time for me to move my stuff into my new place. "Now I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains. Where the spirits go."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142846
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Sep.19.2012
06:24PM EDT 
vertical line `night, don`t be so cold:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142847
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.20.2012
06:11AM EDT 
vertical line A non-invasive sonic stimulation: A killer melody - liar, liar, brain's on fire.

Burning heart - a living fire for all creation, blazing constantly, yet not consumed. Burning and extinguished by the same breath.

What a scorcher.
What a preacher.
May you receive the resurrection while you live.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142856
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.20.2012
10:45AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "A non-invasive sonic stimulation: A killer melody - liar, liar, brain's on fire.

Burning heart - a living fire for all creation, blazing constantly, yet not consumed. Burning and extinguished by the same breath.

What a scorcher.
What a preacher.
"

Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.
I had hoped to share but after I posted, I realized that it wasn't going to help anyone here.
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142873
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.21.2012
05:05AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "A non-invasive sonic stimulation: A killer melody - liar, liar, brain's on fire.

What a scorcher.
What a preacher.
"

Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.
I had hoped to share but after I posted, I realized that it wasn't going to help anyone here.
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again.
"

Just say what you have to say.

It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks about it,

although what they have to say may be interesting too.

Your ability to let ridicule roll off your back like water off a duck,

may be a good measure of where you are on your path.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142878
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.21.2012
08:59AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Sometimes I can see how the force of habit keeps me continuing to do what I have always done.
Ridicule doesn't bother me as much as it did before.
Still, I react the same way when I encounter it.
I can see the choices .. I just haven't chosen to make a different choice yet.

What I have to say is stuff that I think would be of interest to those who want to learn more about what we are doing here. But, guessing it isn't necessary.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142880
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.21.2012
02:35PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Maybe you can sit right here
Maybe you can sit right down
Look out above the rainbow lies a silver crown

All hail within size
or reasons to be prized
Listen to the back talk about your faults
and never close your eyes
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142881
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.21.2012
03:20PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line I'm so sick of flower girl
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142882
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.21.2012
03:27PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line flow here girl
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142883
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.21.2012
04:34PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

fireworks exploding in the air

street musicians on one side

fighting street cats

and a dog is barking somewhere near

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142884
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.21.2012
06:15PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line doe a deer is out in the back field right now
with her baby following close by in the sunlight
above them is a bright white cloud reaching into blue heaven
all are moving in the same direction as are the leaves in the trees moved by wind, as one
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142885
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.21.2012
07:05PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line you should use washing machine
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142886
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.21.2012
07:08PM EDT 
vertical line Horse Chestnut.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142887
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.21.2012
09:04PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Bungalow.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142888
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.21.2012
09:27PM EDT 
vertical line Fool for the fire.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142889
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.22.2012
01:03AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again

So i would like to know who is it being ridiculed ?

Your ego tells you to come here and write and be recognised :) but it can not be (because it is not telling you the truth) so you can only suffer. And then suffering your ego tries to go fishing for some validation (which can only lead to more of the same).

Count breaths drink tea.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142890
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Sep.22.2012
02:53AM EDT 
vertical line Just cut the root cause of all suffering.... The Ego.. the False Self. Just go direct to the root and cut it.. the thrunk and the branches will wither and evaporate..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142891
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.22.2012
06:21AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again

Your ego tells you to come here and write and be recognised :) but it can not be (because it is not telling you the truth) so you can only suffer. And then suffering your ego tries to go fishing for some validation (which can only lead to more of the same).

Count breaths drink tea.
"

We are all on different paths, even if we are going in the same direction, or not.  Maybe like being in different lanes on the highway.

Its an illusion, or worse yet a delusion, that one can help another along their path.  We can wave at each other, or even moon each other, but we really cant help each other.

We all have to walk our own path.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142892
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.22.2012
06:44AM EDT 
vertical line Rid i ... Cool.

You wanta soundbite'S'your bread & bitter Zen and Love and Guacamole - from whipping-boy to scapegoat all in 3 easy courses - but only as tasty as the Buddha you counterfeit. [Subliminal messages have been inserted into all the subliminal dishes on TeeHee and fires will be kindled to testify that 2 + 2 = 4]. May you die while alive and bear much fruit.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142893
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.22.2012
08:44AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.

Count breaths drink tea.
"

You're just fine, Justin. Like any human interaction, we just come here and interact, and what happens happens. If someone doesn't need to come back, they don't come back. If they do, they do. So here we are, doing what we do. Learn what you need to learn, unlearn what you need to unlearn, digest what you need to digest, do what you need to do.

I come here because I need to and am needed to, like anyone else. It has nothing to do with ego. It's just people being people. And this "person" that is Derek loves you guys, so here I am.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142897
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.22.2012
08:53AM EDT 

Quote: "Sorry, I don't preach. I don't care about anyone else .. so, I don't preach.

Count breaths drink tea.
"

We are all on different paths, even if we are going in the same direction, or not.  Maybe like being in different lanes on the highway.

Its an illusion, or worse yet a delusion, that one can help another along their path.  We can wave at each other, or even moon each other, but we really cant help each other.

"

We're always helping each other, Don. "Different paths" is what is known in Zen as 'small "I" mind'. "One Way" is known as 'big "I" mind'. It's the Tao, the Buddha, God, whatever, the view that there is no separateness, just one big thing.

Everyone still has to make their own bed. But we're all keeping each other company in the hotel, which makes it easier to keep making it, and makes it so we can sleep on it. Until we move on and don't have the bed or the hotel any more.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142898
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Sep.22.2012
08:54AM EDT 
vertical line Cue Joe Chip's wordplay about hotels in 5...4...3...2...

LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142899
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.22.2012
09:12AM EDT 
Email Avisitor

"

"So i would like to know who is it being ridiculed ?"
Who wants to know??

"Your ego tells you to come here and write and be recognised :) but it can not be (because it is not telling you the truth) so you can only suffer. And then suffering your ego tries to go fishing for some validation (which can only lead to more of the same). "
Uhh, ... no ... but you can keep fishing ... haha
I don't need nor want validation. Recognized? Definite not. That is why I don't use my real name. As I said, it is habit which causes me to respond like that. I can see there is a choice but decide not to make one. Therefore carry on with the same message.

Count breaths drink tea.
Good advice. Will try it, thanks.

"
There are teachers and roshis and other such people who help others along their paths. Buddha was one and Jesus was another ... there really are quite a number but just used the ones most people recognize.

Yes, we each have our own paths. But, it doesn't mean we don't meet somewhere along this path and help each other. Illusion or delusion .. life is here and now. Enjoy it while you still can. You can join me for a cup of tea and counting breathe .. haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142900
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.22.2012
10:54AM EDT 
Email football

fireworks exploding in the air

street musicians on one side

fighting street cats

and a dog is barking somewhere near

"

"

I come to another city for a few months and these are happenning at the center of the city.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142901
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.22.2012
12:08PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah, yeah, who the Buddha cares what you think about your perception.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142902
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.22.2012
12:23PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line We are speaking the same language, isn't this enough?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142903
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.22.2012
12:36PM EDT 
vertical line Enough is your problammo - scoosi.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142904
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.22.2012
12:41PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line one by one- :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142906
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.22.2012
01:06PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

I know a chestnut;

Once all the scientists at the wold come together and look for the answer of "Whom the world will",

they make a computer and load all the informations about all countries.

then they ask the question to the computer.and press enter.

it says; Turks will be.

they surprise and ask Why?

Computer says all nations will go space and the world will be Turk's.

:)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142907
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.22.2012
01:15PM EDT 
vertical line Saturday football. Orbit obit.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142908
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.22.2012
01:27PM EDT 
vertical line Fires a light trance in the Mars Hotel.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142909
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Sep.22.2012
02:46PM EDT 
vertical line What do you mean we have different paths... we all eat , poo and pea..
Maybe we have different thoughts.. thats why you call it different paths...lol

It is not what you think...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142910
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.22.2012
09:17PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "What do you mean we have different paths... we all eat , poo and pea..
Maybe we have different thoughts.. thats why you call it different paths...lol

It is not what you think...

"
Each person's experience is different and each person's response to those experiences will be different. That is what is meant by different paths. Some take the express elevator and others march the long road with treacherous edges to the top of the mountain.

No it is not what I think. It is what is .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142911
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Sep.22.2012
11:43PM EDT 
vertical line There is short road and long road.. who told you that... who said that..
Where is the road...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142912
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.23.2012
03:25AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again"

This is fishing, this is ego wanting 'not ridicule' and when it is ridiculed (perceived ridicule that is my point) it throws the bottle out of the cot, in a tantrum. (fine, last time I try ......) (basically the same as right I'm taking my ball and going home)
I try to explain the reasons for your upset lies with u perception of u.
It can be nothing but ego, because the self which is not self suffers no ridicule or upset.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142914
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.23.2012
04:53AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"So i would like to know who is it being ridiculed ?"
Who wants to know??

"Your ego tells you to come here and write and be recognised :) but it can not be (because it is not telling you the truth) so you can only suffer. And then suffering your ego tries to go fishing for some validation (which can only lead to more of the same). "
Uhh, ... no ... but you can keep fishing ... haha
I don't need nor want validation. Recognized? Definite not. That is why I don't use my real name. As I said, it is habit which causes me to respond like that. I can see there is a choice but decide not to make one. Therefore carry on with the same message.

Count breaths drink tea.
Good advice. Will try it, thanks.

"
There are teachers and roshis and other such people who help others along their paths. Buddha was one and Jesus was another ... there really are quite a number but just used the ones most people recognize.

Yes, we each have our own paths. But, it doesn't mean we don't meet somewhere along this path and help each other. Illusion or delusion .. life is here and now. Enjoy it while you still can. You can join me for a cup of tea and counting breathe .. haha
"

"

"

Teachers do help, so I stand corrected.  They help because you believe they help.

Did you know that no one has ever hypnotised anyone?  All hypnosis is self-hypnosis.

The only thing a hypnotist does is *coach* the subjects along while they hypnotise themselves.

If and when you get to the top of the mountain, there wont be anyone there but you,

so then after that you can tell me who helped you.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142915
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.23.2012
06:26AM EDT 
vertical line He's sorry he doesn't care about anyone else.

Here endeth the Lesson.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142918
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.23.2012
07:39AM EDT 
And for my efforts, I get ridicule. Fine. Last time I try anything like this again"

This is fishing, this is ego wanting 'not ridicule' and when it is ridiculed (perceived ridicule that is my point) it throws the bottle out of the cot, in a tantrum. (fine, last time I try ......) (basically the same as right I'm taking my ball and going home)
It can be nothing but ego, because the self which is not self suffers no ridicule or upset.
"

[Selectivo]
Real eyes realise real lies.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142920
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.23.2012
08:44AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "He's sorry he doesn't care about anyone else.

Here endeth the Lesson.
"

I am a puppet in a puppet show,

the only difference is that I know it,

so I can enjoy the show more, or not.....

There is no one to care about for me

except the Spirit, whom I love more than anything,

and she is everything to me.  On the other hand,

I am nothing.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142931
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.23.2012
09:40AM EDT 
vertical line Otherly love.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142935
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.23.2012
10:27AM EDT 
Email Avisitor

"
Yes, I know it is ego. And, I know I have a choice of what to do about it. So,I choose to carry on the same as usual. I don't care about ridicule or what anyone thinks. It is all just stuff or a role to play. But, I thank you for  your trying to help me. I am an ego in progress ... haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142937
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.23.2012
10:35AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: Teachers do help, so I stand corrected.  They help because you believe they help.

Did you know that no one has ever hypnotised anyone?  All hypnosis is self-hypnosis.

The only thing a hypnotist does is *coach* the subjects along while they hypnotise themselves.

If and when you get to the top of the mountain, there wont be anyone there but you,

"
I'm sorry. That wasn't my point at all. I'm not here to correct anyone. I'm here to learn and share what little I know. Of course, it is more learning by butting heads ... hahaha

When I reach this metaphor of a mountain, Everyone who has been there .. will be there and no one will be there. Before that, I can tell you that each and everyone has found a way to help me. Just depends if I was ready to learn ... hahaha

Thanks for the encouragement. I think this is what I needed most.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142938
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.23.2012
10:54AM EDT 
vertical line I care about your needs.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142939
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.24.2012
05:49AM EDT 
vertical line Comprehension teachers may sometimes need help with spelling, grammar, syntax ... you name it, they may need it. And when last I had a look around in the teacher's ignore list, I saw his EGO skulking and crouching there, pretending to be the invisible man.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142954
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.24.2012
06:48AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: Teachers do help, so I stand corrected.  They help because you believe they help.

"
I'm sorry. That wasn't my point at all. I'm not here to correct anyone. I'm here to learn and share what little I know. Of course, it is more learning by butting heads ... hahaha

When I reach this metaphor of a mountain, Everyone who has been there .. will be there and no one will be there. Before that, I can tell you that each and everyone has found a way to help me. Just depends if I was ready to learn ... hahaha

"

"

"

Id suggest trying to avoid peconceived notions of what to expect.

I dont know what you can expect, something tailored just for you,

but it will blow you away.

I thought it was the experience of a lifetime, but Ive been back to the Void repeatedly,

enough to think of It as home, and It still blows me away.

Like a hopeless addict....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142958
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Sep.24.2012
11:18AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line May be I should change my name to "hopeless addict..."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142975
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.24.2012
11:44AM EDT 
vertical line Jin Ping Mei. Il nome della rosa.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 142978
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.25.2012
08:55AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Sing, sing a song ... make it simple .. to last the whole day long ...
Don't worry that its not good enough for anyone to hear ... just sing ....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143021
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.25.2012
09:56AM EDT 
vertical line Your song is a portrait of vanity and arrogance. Hope this helps.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143023
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.25.2012
11:35AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Your song is a portrait of vanity and arrogance. Hope this helps. "

It is a children's song for children.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
And a banana is just a fruit.
stop over intellectualizing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143032
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.25.2012
11:42AM EDT 
vertical line A study in Greatness. Just a judgement-free observation.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143034
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Sep.25.2012
12:29PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line The Lord sayith, "ah, i am a girl ". And he's right, now left, in the center, above, below, seen, felt, heard, silent, in everybody, touch,  I am.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143036
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.25.2012
01:18PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "A study in Greatness. Just a judgement-free observation."

That it!! That is the thing ... there is no such thing as Judgment Free observation.
Everything in our preconditioned minds is set with judgement.
Greed (clinging), hatred (aversion) and ignorance (delusion) are all preconditioned.
Practice frees us of our preconditions.

So, you can't make a judgement free observation.
Not with this mind.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143039
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.26.2012
03:19AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Comprehension teachers may sometimes need help with spelling, grammar, syntax ... you name it, they may need it. And when last I had a look around in the teacher's ignore list, I saw his EGO skulking and crouching there, pretending to be the invisible man.

hahaha is that right ???
you are possitive ?

it takes two to argue, remove one and it all ends.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143069
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.26.2012
03:21AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line  how else can one know about the other, if they have not noticed it in themselves ?

My eyes see, it takes one to know one. And you know of whom i speak!!

cryptic freddy,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143070
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.26.2012
07:48AM EDT 
vertical line Hello cryptic freddy. Here you are.

A smidgeon of delayed gratification there for ya, following your teachings on the hypocrisy of EGO and your ignore list recommendations.

You see arguments. I see that you ignore yourself through the other, when you could be loving through otherness.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143076
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.26.2012
09:24PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Hello cryptic freddy. Here you are.

A smidgeon of delayed gratification there for ya, following your teachings on the hypocrisy of EGO and your ignore list recommendations.

You see arguments. I see that you ignore yourself through the other, when you could be loving through otherness.
"

that what u see ay, possibly a stereotype,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143099
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Sep.26.2012
09:41PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line some try to help, and then some prefer didactics,
I got a couple of football clubs down the road and they teach stuff too.

but it aint swimming.

People can tell if the comunication is honest or another ego thing.

some people have black clouds following them, the sunlight is restricted from their sight. Some people think nonsense and antagonism is a correct teaching method, and that ok for them. So people learn from running some swimming why run when u are a swimmer?

The swimmer does not dislike the running, just learns better from swimming. And the swimmer does not come out of the water just so as to stand infront of the runner and attempt to prevent his running (he rather be swimming) . No!!! let the runner run, and swimmer swim.

and some hide behind statements or ignore recomendations  and try to pretend it isnt personal (everything that happens to a person for arguements sake is personal), it is meant as personal but not allways recieved this way. hahaha and some people havent realised that instead of being uposet about ignore buttons just behave cooperatively (especialy in a cooperative situation i think makes normal sense??)

but swimmer do not allways comunicate well with runners.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143100
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.27.2012
06:11AM EDT 
vertical line Oh the irony, the irony, my kingdom for the irony.

You're confusing judgement with discernment.  Decalcify your pineal gland, cleanse your doors, and everything will appear as it is, infinite.

But, hey, so long and thanks for all the Ish.

Boomerang
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143123
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN 2
by Atelier Lzc
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s