history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Oct 30 2014 08:11AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The Buddha was asked:
-To what extent can a person be a speaker of the way?

He answered:
-If a person teaches the way in order to transcend the tyranny of the
material things and to teach how to transcend feelings, perceptions,
... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE LUSCHER COLOR TEST
vertical line Posted on Sep.27.2012 @ 06:37AM EDT by starduster

http://www.amazon.com/The-Luscher-Color-Test-Personality/dp/0671417215/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1348738041&sr=8-13&keywords=luscher+color+test

Oh yes, back in the 70s and 80s, I read everything I could get my hands on from Aristotle to Zen about philosophy, psychology, and metaphysics, including the Luscher Color Test, which was very interesting,

If you havent taken it you should.  It may tell you some things about yourself you didnt know.  More usefully, it will tell you a lot about others simply from the colors they choose to wear.  It can tell you what kind of a mood someone is in, or if they tend to wear the same colors routinely it will tell you what they are like in general.

And if you order a copy through Amazon on this site, Zenguide will get credit for it.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.27.2012
06:41AM EDT 
vertical line

By the way, I posted this link because it shows the book and the color cards used, but there are a lot less expensive copies available.

If you use the Zenguide/Amazon search box at the bottom of the page you will get the whole list of what is available for the Luscher color test, from $ .01 used on up to hard cover.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143127
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Sep.27.2012
02:17PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line http://www.axlife.com/luscher/  or try this one   http://www.colorquiz.com/

One can take the test on these websites and get the results.
However, I found that taking the test multiple times .. it came up with very similar answers each time.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143175
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.27.2012
04:18PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Just ate a red delicious apple. Digestion is automatic. What is the color of 'no'?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143176
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.27.2012
04:40PM EDT 
vertical line Canine hell?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143180
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.27.2012
04:45PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line may. be.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143181
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Sep.27.2012
04:57PM EDT 
vertical line O
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143182
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Sep.28.2012
07:09AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "http://www.axlife.com/luscher/  or try this one   http://www.colorquiz.com/

One can take the test on these websites and get the results.
However, I found that taking the test multiple times .. it came up with very similar answers each time.
"

Its been awhile, but the colors are evaluated in pairs.

The first two are what you want.

The second two are how you operate to get what you want.

The third set is what you are indifferent to.

The fourth set is what you reject or do not want.

The book is composed of an evaluation of what each color represents psychologically, and then goes on to evaluate different pairings in terms of their placement in the testing sequence.  The book cautions in it forward, *This is not a parlor game*.

I should have listened.  I brought it out after dinner with guests, and the man's commentary said he had dependency problems with his mother.  Unfortunately, a bone of contention between he and his wife, a former girlfriend of mine, was that she thought his mother was constantly trying to run their life, and he would let her. 

He thought I had deliberately sabotaged their relationship trying to get back with her.  Probably didn't help when we went out that New Years Eve and when the ball dropped she laid a liplock on me that you wouldnt believe, probably for more than a minute.  She and I were on the dancefloor, and when I looked over at him it appeared he might rip the arms off his chair.  I didnt see them again for quite a while, or her either. 

When I did see her again 15 years later, long after they had divorced, I said to her that I had always regretted that we didnt get together, and if we ever could Id like to give it a try.  I had always thought she was the sweet girl next door type.  She said, *I dont think I would want to be in a relationship with you, but I would like to have a lot of sex with you.* 

Okay, well thats something to look forward to, someday, maybe.  Yeah, right, sweet girl next door type....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143204
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Oct.01.2012
06:15PM EDT 
vertical line Reminds me of the kool-aid acid test. FAR OUT BABY!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143350
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Oct.02.2012
06:42AM EDT 
vertical line Black light without matter - you had to be there, baby.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143368
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Oct.02.2012
10:25AM EDT 
vertical line

I cant wait until my gray matter melts away, dementia sets in,

and I will be able to remember things from years ago just like they happened yesterday.

I have stored up a lot of memories with just such occasions in mind.

I hope I have a pretty nurse, who shows a lot of cleavage.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143393
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN 1
by Atelier Lzc
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s