history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Aug 22 2014 07:48AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen. Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring. The professor watched the overflow... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: IN RETROSPECT.
vertical line Posted on Oct.12.2012 @ 10:45PM EDT by shayne
dumb is what dumb does.

haha.

i should NOT have challenged the dead person at work to make itself known to me. thought not evil. it messed with me. alot.

ok the story goes. years ago a guy got electrocuted. people say they witnessed his spirit. or felt his presence. so me being the geek i am challenged it.

just for the record three people at work watched a radio change stations by the dial turning by itself even though they reset it numerous times. haha. talked about all day at work.

anyway i would be in work. i would notice something i thought dressed all in black pass me. well i would stop what i was doing and investigate. nothing. every time. hence the name i gave it....the black man. haha.

weeks and weeks ago i went for a case of cold beer at my local beer distributer. had a preconginitve thought the door wouldnt open. so i grabbed my case of beer and headed for the door. wouldnt open. three times i tried. i rapped on the window for people to let me out.

well wednesday at work. went for a smoke. door was solid like a rock. then people went out it minutes later. haha.

haha. yeah i overexagerate. but i had fun with it.

made you think didnt i?

i dont want to talk about the gecko thing though.

haha.

too too related.

dont know his name. just a man that i think wants the world to know.........bodily death is not the end. not sure.

sorry bud.........rest.

you made your point.

shesh.

man im dumb.

haha.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Oct.12.2012
11:45PM EDT 
vertical line eh.. uh... nothing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143959
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Oct.13.2012
09:46PM EDT 
vertical line

Twenty to twenty-five years ago, when I still lived in DC, I had a similar event.

It seemed that three entities had taken up residency in me.  I could hear them talking among themselves about how much fun they were going to have with me.

I had a chat with Satan about them, and told him that they clearly belonged to him.  Also that if he would take them away he could have them.

Then I had a vision of Satan leading away what appeared to be three street-people, and I had the impression that they were ghosts of people from the park across the street from where I worked, where I took my smoke beaks, who had gotten into me.  They did not look happy, being led off to Hell.  There appeared to be some serious pucker factor involved.

Maybe it was all just my imagination, but they havent come back.  Ive had a lot of experiences with ghosts since then.  They have played some practical jokes, and Ive even been grabbed and shaken a couple of times, but no one has really bothered me too much.

I dont know what you experienced, Shayne.  When you get involved with spirits, who knows ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143994
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Oct.13.2012
09:52PM EDT 
vertical line PS:  The only one I believe in and trust is the One I know as the Spirit Itself, the Creator of everything, from nothing, out of nothingness....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 143995
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.14.2012
04:05AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line i assume this is what happened anyway.

no one gave names so.

might have been satan ( though i doubt i could handle this ) or a demon or just simply a spirit that was a little malicious.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144005
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Oct.14.2012
08:04AM EDT 
vertical line It was big malicious old you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144025
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.14.2012
08:21AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line hmmm weird.

i had a bad headache when i woke up. went to sleep with it as well. at the base of my neck.

also my stomach has been upset for two days. and a throbbing sensation on my side. plus i been constipated. weird for me.

also my lower back hurt hurt. and i went to the chiropractors a few days ago and i was barely out. also stiff.

well anyway. i got playing on my wifi kindle fire and i was playing a robotek games its called and you can connect with people from the internet on it. its a robot vs robot real time stradegy game.

well i was playing with someone and it was there turn. now you can see what they choose before they decide. either more robots to help defend or shields or attack. so me i pretended to use push powers to see if i could make them decide. haha. like that crap actually works.

hesitation...on their part for awhile.

then i stopped.

well their turn came again.

so i tried again.

they logged off.

so i thought to myself....never ever again.

all my symptoms practically disappeared.

almost immediatly.

hmmmm ok.

btw i dont condone the idea of putting thoughts in others heads. i been seeing if i could eventually do it. i dont like it.....and i think it wrong. period. one thing to read a mind quite another to instill thoughts.

period.

so have i been being attacked? i doubt punished. only cause i always thought it bad. always.

hmmmm?

also i try and not believe in all my thoughts cause i been feeling like i been a victim of this for awhile. well i try. sometimes i post wild stuff. or think it. or better yet....it comes to mind.

i did hear a voice though. a females.....it said...you done being evil. i wont elaborate who. but this is very very laughable. if i was evil i wouldnt HATE what governments, corperations ect do to our world to destroy world and body and mind.

plus a reflection on self of all past indicates for the most part im a very heartfelt person

not perfect. but still.

well now that i cant trust my thoughts anymore. shesh.

we will see what transpires next.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144027
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Oct.14.2012
08:23AM EDT 
vertical line P.S. you're cool, like a steaming turd is cooled.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144028
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.14.2012
08:54AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "It was big malicious old you. "

ill take that into consideration.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144030
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Oct.14.2012
10:41PM EDT 
vertical line Tought U cured all youre ailments some treads back here??:)
Anyway, have a question, have you some belife that one can make things happen just by beliving they will happen?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144100
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.14.2012
11:27PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Tought U cured all youre ailments some treads back here??:)
Anyway, have a question, have you some belife that one can make things happen just by beliving they will happen?
"

well hell so did i.

yeah...but im not. so. that simple.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144101
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Oct.15.2012
06:12PM EDT 
vertical line Lost faith or?:)

I think there is actually something to belief (gasph, who would have thought that it may actually really have some influence on our life what we believe?!:))

Trying to trump the world with sheer belief have been a popular sport amongst German Kaisers and warring kings for eons, guess they most have gotten that stupid idea somewhere. But I think that if we really believe something strong enough it can influence reality towards that belief.

But I feel belief affects In a mostly  practical psychological in addition to a "psi" & "occult"/mystical way"  imo. I do not really think one can walk on water just by believing to be able, thou I am not ruling out anything but think it improbable and hard to change nature laws or matter with just sheer will.

Like, as an example of what I call the practical/psychological influence of belief, say some dude looking for love thinks:

"Oh, I am totally gonna get to know that beauty better"

Then really believing confidently (and radiating Energy in MOTION..) oneself to be on target

vs

"Oh, I would totally loved to know that beauty better, even thou she is totally out of my league I must swallow my anxiety and at least give it a try"
Then really believing insecurely (and radiating Energy in MOTION..) oneself to be off target.

In a "supernatural" way,  she might suddenly be (receiving Energy in MOTION..) thinking -Hmm, who is that guy at the other side of the room that I suddenly feel good vibes from? (or who is that creepy dude that makes me feel insecure and a little scared??:))

(And maybe one get talking and discover statistically improbable things " Oh, really? Amazing, U wont believe this but we are somehow connected trough some very improbable freak coincidence that whatever bla bla..".)

Anyway, think that the body can do "miracles" when it comes to curing itself of ailments, and also that believing to be seriously ill might make a healthy person to feel ill and incapable... .

Concisely trying to use belief is hard I think as one cannot fool oneself, reality is reality. Trying to rid ailments trough sheer belief then is like putting your illness more and more firmly planted in this reality, confirming that the reality consists of you not having what you desire or rather having what you undesire. You will not get the results knowing you are just " Trying to rid ailments trough sheer belief" as to actually finding a sensible cure you believe really might work.

Thou I think you might "have been cured" if I convinced you of the magical properties of my mystical healing stone (If you drop your address here I`ll even send you a stone, seriously,  think hematite should serve U nicely (and I`ll even enchant it! :))

Just sharing some un-buddhist views here, hope U get better and someday realize animals share the same kind of consciousness as we do. I believe even you can "understand" a dog and are fully capable of  imagine how other life experience life.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144139
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.15.2012
06:31PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line no didnt lose faith......at all. just way way too many ailments all at once. and its hard to rid them. takes alot.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144140
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Oct.15.2012
06:50PM EDT 
vertical line Hmm, sure you should not try the hyped abilefy pill or something? Not that it has anything to do with your gross gekkowhatever tread that`s the worst I`ve read like ever in a almost sad kind of way as you probable never be able to outdo that tread as a kinda peak in your poster career..:p
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144141
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.15.2012
07:04PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line yeah the gecko thread was messed up bad like. but.....something was bugging me bad about it.

i had one person stop by. they looked and then would not look again and did not want to discuss it any further.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144142
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Oct.15.2012
07:12PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line your tibetan buddhists channel animals.

ive looked through cats eyes and seen myself.

haha.

hey....dont forget.....the energy/ thought patterns people notice in one another now and be all hypocritical later.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144143
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Oct.15.2012
10:45PM EDT 
vertical line All kidding aside, we're all in it with you, Shayne. Take good care of yourself, so you can take good care of the world around you. Including the animals.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 144147
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA, WAT PHO II
by Charles Newington
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s