history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Sep 17 2014 11:39PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Tetsugen, a devotee of Zen in Japan, decided to publish the sutras, which at that time were available only in Chinese. The books were to be printed with wood blocks in an edition of seven thousand copies, a tremendous undertaking.... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: ZEN
vertical line Posted on Nov.03.2012 @ 03:25AM EDT by justin
I have a story, it is called giving birth zen.
A couple were expecting a baby. Like any couple this couple were prepared, the man had had plans and bags packed for two weeks prior. Comes the day and the woman wakes at 4 am to find she is nearly ready and disgusting well so she has a bath to relax and allow the situation as best it knows how. She the wakes the man a just after 5 am to tell him she is ready to leave for hospital. The man wakes and in halfawake stupor puts bags in car and prepares to leave (takes him bout two minutes). They drive to hospital (20kilometres) to discover the hospital does not have birthing services. So the couple leave tO drive the 70 kilometers to the next nearest hospital.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email justin
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.03.2012
03:29AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Midway to the next hospital the woman looks at the man and states 'I don't think we are going to make it' the man looks down and sees his daughters head, there is no time or want or need for any thought or superfluous extraneous anythings!! The man simply places hos grout on the brake pedal of tge car, and reaches down to catch the baby whilst bringing the vehicle to a halt. Once tge baby is in his hands he gently places hereinto the mothers lap smiles, and wrapps the mother and baby in a sleeping bag. And returns to driving the vehicle which has not actually reached a full stop.
Every word is true.

This is zen
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145752
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.03.2012
08:35AM EDT 
vertical line this is not zen
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145766
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.03.2012
07:26PM EDT 
vertical line

I dont know what zen is,

but maybe through zen,

I know what I am, am not, am, am not, am ....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145854
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.03.2012
09:04PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "this is not zen"

Saying this is not Zen and that is not Zen ....
You haven't defined what Zen is.
So, if I stand here on a soap box and say my ass is Zen then it is Zen.
If I say you are not Zen then you are not Zen.
Enough said. My will be done ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145857
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Nov.03.2012
09:26PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Inspirit Mindfulness
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145859
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.03.2012
09:41PM EDT 
vertical line See, look; look, observe: the definition of zen is all over this forum, like mould.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145860
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.03.2012
09:42PM EDT 
vertical line

it was an awesome story though

also it shows that the mother has probably not had any antenatal care as she didn't even know where to go to give birth

and they are obviously risk takers, because as the baby is actually being born, who in their right mind would keep driving fer chrissakes, jeez

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145861
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.03.2012
11:09PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "

also it shows that the mother has probably not had any antenatal care as she didn't even know where to go to give birth

and they are obviously risk takers, because as the baby is actually being born, who in their right mind would keep driving fer chrissakes, jeez

"

I can clarify these things (i didnt explain them) the mother did know where to give birth, the hospital, but due to funding cuts and closures that particular hospital was not doing births anymore (this was fairly new and not advertised).

And you are missing the point entirely they were not taking any risks at all they were not doing anything. The car was still moving because the baby came before the brakes had brought the car to a complete stop.(of course any normal person would stop the car if it were at all possible)  Everything happened as it happened no thought only awareness. and action.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145867
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.04.2012
06:34AM EDT 
vertical line What happened next?
Were social services informed?
And how are mother, father and baby doing?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145887
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.04.2012
06:36AM EDT 
vertical line Or have I missed the point entirely?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145888
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.04.2012
09:41AM EDT 
vertical line no you missed the turn
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145906
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.04.2012
09:46AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

I can clarify these things (i didnt explain them) the mother did know where to give birth, the hospital, but due to funding cuts and closures that particular hospital was not doing births anymore (this was fairly new and not advertised).

And you are missing the point entirely they were not taking any risks at all they were not doing anything. The car was still moving because the baby came before the brakes had brought the car to a complete stop.(of course any normal person would stop the car if it were at all possible)  Everything happened as it happened no thought only awareness. and action.

"

"

"

oh

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145907
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.04.2012
10:34AM EDT 
vertical line

And not their first child, obviously

since it virtually fell out on its own.

What do you need a hospital for at that rate ?

Just a face mask and a catchers mitt.

Was it mentioned that the baby drove the care home,

while the daddy comforted the mommy in the backseat

getting started on the next one, no doubt.

All things considered, Im sure it could happen..

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 145911
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN CIRCLE
by Torei Enji
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s