history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Apr 19 2014 03:34PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Anyone walking about Chinatowns in America with observe statues of a stout fellow carrying a linen sack. Chinese merchants call him Happy Chinaman or Laughing Buddha. This Hotei lived in the T'ang dynasty. He had no desire to call himself... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE GODDESS
vertical line Posted on Nov.05.2012 @ 10:41AM EDT by shayne
sucks.

period.

her secret name is eve.

haha.

and she carries out her intentions in spite of a non preordained universe.

not evil. but not good. thats for sure.

god is not a thing.
'
intelligent and has massive amounts of info she lacks wisdom

i aim to correct her.

she is a goddess.

of this i have no doubt.

there will be no worship on my part.

i have seen her in her fullness.

she is NOT the universe.

the green green grass.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email shayne
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.05.2012
10:42AM EDT 
vertical line Excuse me while I switch this thing off.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146039
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Nov.05.2012
10:44AM EDT 
vertical line eve
evens
evening
eventually
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146040
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.06.2012
04:17AM EDT 
vertical line

The One that I know as the Spirit told me her real name long ago,

and it wasnt Eve.  So whoever it is that youve been *contacting*, Shayne, is not

the same spiritual entity.  I guess thats why what youve been saying about her does not

jibe with what I get in my meditations.

Good. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146098
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.06.2012
04:23AM EDT 
vertical line Someone's jealous.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146102
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.06.2012
04:42AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Someone's jealous. "

Nope.  Just stating the facts, as best I know them to be.

Actually, I think Shayne just has an overactive imagination.  I think he is making things up in his own mind, and thats fine too, since thats as far as it goes.  Delusion is self-entertaining sometimes. 

Its far worse when the mind attacks itself, isnt it, esoteric.  Not so entertaining. Very destructive.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146103
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.06.2012
06:41AM EDT 
vertical line

Evidently thats what Shayne was going for, since he started his topic about the Spirit with *please note for entertainment purposes only. well i had this wicked cool DREAM the other day.*  Then he went on to say he was with the Spirit now, and I was out.  Shayne just wanted to mess with my head.

In my meditation, I talked to the Spirit and said if she would rather have Shayne I would certainly not object to any preference that would make her happy.

She said she does not like Shayne, and would cast him down in a second.  She said, *Dont worry about Shayne, I will take care of him.*  At least thats what I got back in my meditation.

Next thing you know, theres a hurricane bearing down on him, billions of damage done, and a few people killed.  The Spirit told me in meditation that she did not deliberately throw a hurricane at Shayne, that it was *just a coincidence*, and I believe that.  It was just the natural course of a storm arising out of natural conditions.  Just a part of dependent arising.  Things as It is.

But Shayne is still posting as if he believes the hurricane was meant for him, and if that really were the case I would think he would not be so willing to take on the Spirit. 

Is the Spirit real ?  She is real to me, but that is the delusion I choose to believe in.  I still know its all illusion, arising out of nothingness.  Whether one believes there is a conscious awareness behind that or not, the end result is the same. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146114
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.06.2012
07:39AM EDT 
vertical line ^All this? A stick on a host. A contra-indication emanating from your EGO[s]
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146120
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.06.2012
10:10AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line well yeah she dont like me...i intend to knock her butt back down to reality.

the goddess....pfthhh.

not impressed.

at all.

yooooo eve...this is adam....knock your crap off girl.

shesh.

oh oh oh the ape goes.

hahahahaha.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146134
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.06.2012
10:25AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line man i feel good good good. no pyschic attack has sustained itself long in me.

me....i am so willing to change.

i am not hard wired at all.

but adapt.

like maitreyas star......constantly in flux.

my star.

hahahahhah.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146138
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.06.2012
07:55PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Nope.  Just stating the facts, as best I know them to be.

Actually, I think Shayne just has an overactive imagination.  I think he is making things up in his own mind, and thats fine too, since thats as far as it goes.  Delusion is self-entertaining sometimes. 

Its far worse when the mind attacks itself, isnt it, esoteric.  Not so entertaining. Very destructive.

"

Self-entertaining delusion is a fear-based ego-protecting mechanism used to prevent accepting the necessity and inevitability of self-destruction and impermanence.

If the mind is attacking itself, what is it that holds the delusion?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146164
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.06.2012
07:56PM EDT 
vertical line I know of a mind that has no need for delusion, and does not attack itself because it has no need.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146165
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.07.2012
04:29AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "I know of a mind that has no need for delusion, and does not attack itself because it has no need. "

That which I call the Spirit is part of the illusory matrix of creation arising out of nothingness. 

The only thing that makes that delusion is that I choose to believe in her and love her.  In my experience, she has done the same for me, and helped me many times over many years.  I will stick with her.

I dont believe in nothingness because there is nothing in it to believe in.  It just is whatever It is being, at the moment, by whatever means, of the moment.  I dont believe in nothingness, yet I understand that that is all there really is.

Like Einstein said, *Nothing truly exists except the energy that everything is made of*.  I call that *nothingness* instead of energy because energy is too much of a description for that which cannot be described.

It is what It is, and It aint what It aint, being at the moment.  Subject to change without notice.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146198
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.07.2012
05:55AM EDT 
vertical line Like esoteric said, only with someone else's words.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146207
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.07.2012
08:56AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Like esoteric said, only with someone else's words. "

I like that particular quote from Einstein,

that *Nothing truly exists except the energy that everything is made of*. 

because I know he was speaking as a Physicist, yet essentially transcended that

into philosophy and religion without even trying.  To him it was a matter of fact statement.

After experiencing satori, or nirvana, my father excitedly told me he had *met The We*.

I asked him what he meant by that and he said, *I cant explain it.  Theres no way to put it into words*.

I said, *I think I may know what you mean, Dad.  There is a single consciousness behind all of this, and we are all a part of It because It is being everything.*

He said, *Yes, thats it exactly*.  And then we were able to talk about such things for the first time, because he had been a devout Catholic and never wanted to hear of such things before.  Whenever I had tried to talk about metaphysics he had always told me to just shut up about all that mumbo jumbo.  We talked for hours, and were on the same page for the first time in our lives.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146227
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.07.2012
09:04AM EDT 
vertical line Catholicism is metaphysical mumbo-jumbo.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146229
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.07.2012
11:30PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

into philosophy and religion without even trying.  To him it was a matter of fact statement.

After experiencing satori, or nirvana, my father excitedly told me he had *met The We*.

I asked him what he meant by that and he said, *I cant explain it.  Theres no way to put it into words*.

I said, *I think I may know what you mean, Dad.  There is a single consciousness behind all of this, and we are all a part of It because It is being everything.*

He said, *Yes, thats it exactly*.  And then we were able to talk about such things for the first time, because he had been a devout Catholic and never wanted to hear of such things before.  Whenever I had tried to talk about metaphysics he had always told me to just shut up about all that mumbo jumbo.  We talked for hours, and were on the same page for the first time in our lives.

"

How do you make that function in this world?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146248
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.08.2012
06:10AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

"

Those of you who think they know everything can be frustrating to those of us who know we know nothing.

Like a precocious child, having done much reading, but not much living.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146285
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.08.2012
09:30AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

"

Those of you who think they know everything can be frustrating to those of us who know we know nothing.

"

I asked a question. You can't answer it, so you insult those who ask questions and call them "know-everythings".

Strange.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146298
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.08.2012
10:07AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line the goddess.

eve.

shes all twisted up.

i found she cant target me directly no more.

totally well almost stopped my pineal gland from humming loud.

so not so much a target.

i think starduster and others have manipulated and twisted her up good.

so.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146302
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.08.2012
10:19AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

"

"

I asked a question. You can't answer it, so you insult those who ask questions and call them "know-everythings".

Strange.
"

"

Strange.
"

Sorry for being rude, it has been some time since you were *correcting* people, and perhaps you have stopped trying to be Master here, hitting people with your figurative stick.

So I see it like this, of late:  You ask a question.  I write something back that I think answers your question.  You say I didnt answer your question, and repeat the question.  I see that my answer went over your head, although you say you are awakened, and then I dont even want to bother with your question anymore.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146304
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.08.2012
10:39AM EDT 
vertical line

------------------------------------------

By accepting Things as It is, and not making life harder by trying to make it better.

If you just let life happen, it is like being a bee sitting in a flower, as it unfolds and turns gently towards the sun, then closing up again at the end of the day, as you leave with your leg pockets full of pollen to fly home to your hive.

I asked my ex why she watched soap operas and she said it was because the characters were so screwed up it made her feel better about her own life.  Thats probably why people volunteer to work in soup kitchens feeding the homeless.  If I get to feeling bad, I just remember some of the cases I had as a Vet Rep, and I remember that even as hard as it was for them, with lost arms and legs, or worse, much worse, they kept going.

Its not just me living in the world.  The world is a living thing too.  All of it.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146307
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.08.2012
10:40AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line yoo what god or goddess whips up a hurricane and leaves over a million people in the cold?

children? wtf? children?

im bringing her up on charges.

haha.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146308
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.08.2012
10:47AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "the goddess.

eve.

shes all twisted up.

i found she cant target me directly no more.

totally well almost stopped my pineal gland from humming loud.

so not so much a target.

i think starduster and others have manipulated and twisted her up good.

so.

"

I have no power.  Maybe some influence, but The One is in complete control

of every last detail within Its own creation within Itself.

Those who seek power usually reap the whirlwind. 

Look at history, Hitler, Napoleon, and countless others, ending in disgrace and ruination,

and the Mother Teresas of the world, seeking nothing for themselves,

but always having enough, and being honored for a life well lived.

The One, formless, genderless, comes to me as The Spirit, a beautiful woman,

and says, *Be with her and I will be with you*, and I say, *I accept*,

because it is my foremost desire to be with the Spirit, in the Void, forever.

Nothing more or less than that, as I have pledged my life and my existence to that.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146310
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.08.2012
11:02AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line man.....get a mind of your own.

she wanted to do that ONE crap with me years ago.

yuck.

pewww.

spit that crap out.

your dumber then me. thats for sure.

haha.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146311
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.08.2012
11:04AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line dude shes a ape gone wild.

haha.

all twisted up and not in control of herself no more.

too big she got.

your hardwired.

period.

no sense talking to you.

at all.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146312
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.09.2012
05:47AM EDT 
vertical line

What comes to you comes to you, from You.

You are a poster child for duality, fighting for *separateness*.

And you think Im the dumb one ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146337
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.09.2012
05:50AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line theres a expression..

cant run from god.

cant run toward.

in other words we have always been one with reality.

i just do not want be attached to her.

shes just a goddess.

not no universe.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146339
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.09.2012
06:08AM EDT 
vertical line

The one that I know as the One, original consciousness, is not the one I know as the Spirit, other than in an abstract sense.

The One comes to me as the Spirit, in female form, to be with me out of love.  But the one I know as the One is a supreme being, since it is the only One of its kind.  I cant describe it, because It is being everything, and because it can be anything. 

It is being everything, all of us, which is why my Dad called It *The We*.

I have known the One as Itself, even remember being the One as Itself before there was anything else.  And I know It as the Spirit also, the One who showed me my own creation in the Void, and promises I will return there when I die.

One day, in a vision, sitting and talking with the Spirit, it was like suddenly I was drawn in through the pupil of her eye and found myself in the Void again with the One, both of us as formless genderless spirits.  And then I came back out again and was sitting beside her as before.  Then she said, *Now do you know who you are married to ?*  I said, *Yes, I do.*  I guess you could say that was a real *eye opening* experience.

Then she told me I did not have to return to Earth, that I could stay there with her.  I asked if I could blow it if I came back, like some sin that would cancel it out.  She said no, I would be returning there to her no matter what happened on Earth.  I opted to return, having some unfinnished business to attend to, but having done that I cant wait to get home to the Spirit in the Void.

Thats just me.  What comes to you comes to you, from You.  I can share my own personal experiences, that might help some people, but they really only apply to me.    

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146341
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.09.2012
09:43AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line nah no such thing as spirits per say.

just the mind.

spirits if anything linger on to past form.

so.

or better yet minds.

and they appear as apparations.

or project themselves that way.

so.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146370
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Nov.09.2012
11:09AM EDT 
vertical line belief is not experience

touch is silent

yet        felt

within

is
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146371
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.09.2012
11:45AM EDT 
vertical line ... the Goodies, the Baddies ...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146378
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.10.2012
06:13AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "belief is not experience

touch is silent

yet        felt

within

is
"

Belief is not experience,

and experience is not belief, necessarily.

Its all illusion, except what you believe in, which is delusion.

I understand that whether illusion or delusion, it all comes from within,

because there is no other source but myself, or my Self, at the core of it All.

Its touch can be silent, and yet felt more deeply than that of any other.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146414
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.10.2012
08:56AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line maybe we should opt to have you tested for pyshcological evaulation bud?

voices?

or is she real?

so your hearing voices now?

and its a woman inside you?

argh.

go for testng bud. before its too late.

your getting angrier and angrier as the days go by.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.10.2012
08:57AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line we could both always drop both aspects and be done with it?

eh eh eh?

this goddess didnt exist for you before so.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146437
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.10.2012
09:15AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "maybe we should opt to have you tested for pyshcological evaulation bud?

voices?

or is she real?

so your hearing voices now?

and its a woman inside you?

argh.

go for testng bud. before its too late.

your getting angrier and angrier as the days go by.

we could both always drop both aspects and be done with it?

eh eh eh?

this goddess didnt exist for you before so.

I dont know about the term Goddess that you came up with, but Ive gone along with it for

conversational sake.  I just know her as the Spirit, who first came to me in June 1972,

and has been with me daily ever since.  At first I thought she was my *guardian angel*,

and it wasnt until we hooked up in the Void that I came to see her as the Spirit Itself.

Nonetheless, it is not uncommon for meditators to encounter *a beautiful woman*.

I have read passages about that which are centuries old, Masters saying that in order

to progress you must get past the *beautiful woman*.  So you have done that.  Good.

Your path is your path, and my path is my path.  Recently, in a vision, I met again the

One that I know as the Original Self, and It said, *I am the one that you know as the

Spirit*.   I said, *Im coming back into the Void to be with you forever, and thanks for being

her for me.*  It said, *I always will". 

So Im happy with where I am on my path, with my choices, and youre happy with your

delusions too, so we should both be cool with that, at least until theres another

hurricane headed your way.  You go ahead and be Maitreya.  I just want to go home

to the Void, and be with the Spirit forever.  thanks.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.10.2012
05:25PM EDT 
vertical line Suffering of desire.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146466
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.10.2012
05:40PM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line Quote: "Suffering of desire. "

huh?

you mean his desire to be in the void?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146473
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Nov.10.2012
06:48PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Suffering of desire. "

huh?

you mean his desire to be in the void?

"

Desire that comes from suffering, and causes suffering. That is suffering of desire.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146508
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.11.2012
08:08AM EDT 
vertical line Your cause is to cause.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 146619
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA - LOVE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s