history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Aug 23 2014 05:27AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling. Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection. "Come on, girl" said Tanzan at... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: HEY, I DONT KNOW
vertical line Posted on Nov.19.2012 @ 05:13AM EDT by starduster

My father was a lawyer.  He often said, *I dont know is the right answer, if you dont know*.

Religion is what you believe.  I believe in that which has come to me in meditation as The Spirit.  Thats my religion, and I have a right to it.

Philosophy is what you want to believe.  My philosphy is to each their own, live and let live, die and let die, mind your own business, and hopefully others will mind theirs.

Reality is what you perceive, what you are experiencing, whether awake, dreaming, or in visions, at the moment.  All five senses contribute sensory inputs, but it is the brain which decides what to do with the data.  And it can do anything with the information it receives.  We are all experiencing our own reality, which is intended to be useful and favorable to us as individuals, while overlapping with the realities of others at least enough to get along.

What really is and what really isnt ?  I dont know.  Im primarily interested in the reality that my brain is producing for me, while coincidentally getting along with other peoples realities as well as I can.

In the history of Shayne and me, we have been locked in verbal combat since he posted some time ago: *Im enlightened.  At least I think so.  Yeah, Im enlightened.*  And I had the audacity to say *No, you are not....*  But Alan has settled the argument.  He says if someone wants to come on here and play Zen Master, thats okay. 

So, okay Jedi Master Shayne, have at it.  I dont know, and I dont care, about your reality. 

Go to Latest Reply 
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.19.2012
08:19AM EDT 
vertical line Any incriminating videos?
vertical line Topic closed! 147279
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Nov.19.2012
10:09AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta6PxbEH_3A

your a little one.

ive got bigger fish to fry.

the leaders of many nations. all bloodline.

to a king.

enough.

work to do.

people to contact.

vertical line Topic closed! 147298
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.19.2012
10:23AM EDT 
vertical line Alan?
vertical line Topic closed! 147299
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.19.2012
10:32AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Alan?"

Hey man, why you be callin the fuzz ?  Aint no problem here.

Shayne is the leader of the free world, incognito like, and of course he has to stay in touch with all the other world leaders, natch !!

vertical line Topic closed! 147301
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.19.2012
10:45AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I believe that one can not tell if another being is enlightened ... unless that person leads you to enlightenment.
Or, that you are enlightened to the point where you can judge for yourself the state of others.
Often this requires a face to face to acquire the right mind.

But, hey, I don't know .... hahaha
vertical line Topic closed! 147304
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Nov.19.2012
10:50AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta6PxbEH_3A

your a little one.

ive got bigger fish to fry.

the leaders of many nations. all bloodline.

to a king.

enough.

work to do.

people to contact.

"
(wow, just discovered that the spooky girl`s bloodline could be traced back to Gnognhur the infamous european tribal king from the early Pleistocene period!)

vertical line Topic closed! 147307
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.19.2012
10:58AM EDT 
vertical line I traced you all back to Mitochondrial Eve.
vertical line Topic closed! 147311
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.19.2012
11:05AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "I believe that one can not tell if another being is enlightened ... unless that person leads you to enlightenment.
Or, that you are enlightened to the point where you can judge for yourself the state of others.
Often this requires a face to face to acquire the right mind.

But, hey, I don't know .... hahaha
"

I came here about 10 years after awakening, to look for other awakened people, to see if they shared the same understanding as me, or if was in my own world afterall.

I found other awakened people, and found that although all of our satori/nirvana experiences were different and unique, tailored for us as individuals, we do all share the same *understanding*.  We are a set, of sorts.  Different in a certain way.  Whether that makes us awakened or enlightened is a matter of perspective.  Whoever or whatever we are, we are on the same page regarding something we understand.  

My father became awakened before he died, and we talked for hours.  To have that understanding with him before he went is worth more to me than with anyone else.

Ive claimed to be psychic or clairevoyant, and my Mom confirmed my perceptions before she died, and they helped me to help her to pass on.  To share that with her before she died, and to be able to help her at the time, is worth more to me than what someone else thinks about it.

And hey too, Im pretty smart.  I already have my Mensa card, so it doesnt matter what anyone elses opinion is on that either.

Whatever others may think of you, its what you know about yourself that matters.

vertical line Topic closed! 147314
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from the alan
Nov.19.2012
11:15AM EDT 
Email the alan
vertical line starduster and shayne,
I will ask "politely" that you stay off each other's case if you are to remain here. It's already seems perpetual and you 2 aren't going to get anywhere with each other. Use the "Ignore" option if you need to. I don't need any further explanations or defense or continuing snipes of/from either one of you. It's exhausting for me only a couple of threads, I can't imagine how it has been for people here.

Once again, topic is closed. It's over, done, finito...let it go, both of you.

Alan
vertical line Topic closed! 147316
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this EIGHT VIRTUES
by George Caso
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s