history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 31 2014 04:49PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.11.2009 @ 08:05PM EDT by chontri
Different winds come from all directions. Some are clear, some carry dust,
some are cold or hot, fierce gales or gentle breezes. In the same way
sensations arise in the body... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: NOT THE END OF THE LINE
vertical line Posted on Nov.20.2012 @ 04:28AM EDT by starduster

Many people are seeking satori or nirvana thinking that this will be the culmination of their sitting and or meditative efforts, an arrival of peace, happiness, and perfection.

In the movie Annie Hall, Woody Allen and his date are attending a TM seminar, and the woman is telling him that the Maharishi Yogi is a *God*....  Just then, Woody looks over and says, *Oh look, theres God now, coming out of the mens room.*

It appears the real challenge is to stretch your consciousness while at the same time keeping it real.

Osho pretty much lost it.  He developed a following, and his teachings are very good, but he was fooled.  Those he chose to lead his following used it for their own purposes, while he sublimely rode around in fancy cars waving to his loyal followers.  He was fooled.  He was the one to alert law enforcement, and have his ashram leaders arrested, but he was shamed and deported. 

Gangaji is another favorite of mine.  She is much more realistic.  She says, *I still have to take my vitamins.*  And of her teachings, she laughs and says, *Im selling water down by the river.* 

Satori or nirvana are not the place at the end of the road, an arrival at peace, happiness, and perfection.  They are just milestones.  The ending of a chapter, and the beginning of another. 

Osho said that the next chapter after satori is samadhi.  What is after that ??

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.20.2012
10:00AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line The gateless gate ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147368
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.20.2012
10:24AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "The gateless gate ... hahaha "

There is a place I pass on the way home where the only part of a fence that is standing is the gate.  I think they tore down the fence to put up a new one, but havent yet.

I call it the gateless gate, because you dont really need to go through it as it stands.

Some may think they do, since thats where the path leads, to the gate.  But they could as easily go around it, or more easily since then there is no latch to fiddle with.

Some people will just do the perfunctory thing, whether they need to or not.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
06:58AM EDT 
vertical line Marndi, Toosdi, Fraydi - a river in flood overflows and its dried up bankers don't know whether to laugh or cry.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147461
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.21.2012
12:48PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Some think that when one enters the gate that one is home
But, home has more rooms and much things to do ...
So much work to be done to repair home ....haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147501
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this JAPANESE SCHOOL - CALLIGRAPHY
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s