history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 24 2014 02:46PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE THINKING MIND IS AFRAID NOT TO THINK
vertical line Posted on Nov.21.2012 @ 09:39AM EDT by leoj99
The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

So it likes to swallow more and more knowledge because it is not always sure. The thinking mind always wants to know but the knowing never stops.

So tell me if it is not true. So what will you do?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
09:40AM EDT 
vertical line I've got work to do.

What do you think?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147472
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
09:59AM EDT 
vertical line Gotta let some hens out ... you think I'm joekin? ... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147479
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.21.2012
10:04AM EDT 
vertical line Especially when it is getting old. He wants more to know why he will die...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147482
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.21.2012
10:05AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Especially when it is getting old. He wants more to know why he will die...lol "

He wants to solve Life and Death... h ahahaha..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147483
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.21.2012
10:11AM EDT 
vertical line

*Thinking is the hardest work there is,

which is the most probably reason why so few indulge in it.*

Mark Twain

Thinking comes pretty easy to most, its *thinking things through* that is difficult.

Thinking about how offended you are about something someone said comes naturally.

Thinking it through to the *why* of what they said can be more difficult,

but may just solve the problem.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147485
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
10:12AM EDT 
vertical line You afraid of work?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147486
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.21.2012
10:17AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line i will think and think and think until i have reached the end of thinking. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147488
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.21.2012
10:25AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line and then i will think some more just to be sure, 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147491
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
10:31AM EDT 
vertical line It's raining hard here. So I've had to reschedule today's works.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147493
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.21.2012
10:51AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line i am on holidays, and i am right down the southern part of this country. 1000s of ks away from the tropics. it has been raining cold cold drizzling rain.

I saw a whales grave on the beach where the locals had cover a beached whale with rocks because of the stench.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147495
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.21.2012
10:57AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line and i found fossilised shells, which the rocks gave me. I saw many beautiful delicate wildflowers in the Heath.  I saw big waves (we have no waves for 1000s of ks at home because of the barrier reef). and i sat in a rudementary stick shelter my friend has build and watched the nature move by in the rain.

and i saw a dead honey eater that a cat had got,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147496
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.21.2012
11:18AM EDT 
vertical line Thanks for the postcard. Take care and all the best.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147498
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.21.2012
12:32PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

So it likes to swallow more and more knowledge because it is not always sure. The thinking mind always wants to know but the knowing never stops.

The thinking mind is just that ... a thinker ... what else would you expect it to do??
When you sit in practice, you concentrate your mind, your awareness to observe the going on in your mind.
Practice sitting in perfection ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147499
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.21.2012
07:11PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Thanks for the postcard. Take care and all the best."

thanks, back at ya,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147509
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jaigon
Nov.22.2012
01:03AM EDT 
Email jaigon
vertical line The thinking mind is not you, because if it was you you could choose when to turn it on and off.  The fact that you could be walking home from work or school, and suddenly start wondering about how crappy your day was, or fantasizing about your evening coming up, is proof that it is not you.  In one of Alan Watt's lectures he said that you are the one that listens and the mind is the one that thinks.  It is impossible to both think and listen at the same time, so therefore the mind is not apart of you. Thought thought thought thought *thinker* thought thought thought thought thought *thinker*.....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147513
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
01:16AM EDT 
vertical line Are Thoughts The Source of Ego?

The False Self or the Ego is the thinker. It is the Ego that feeds with thoughts..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147514
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
02:07AM EDT 
vertical line Eckhart Tolle on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147515
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
02:21AM EDT 
vertical line Your Thoughts Make You Suffer ~ Eckhart Tolle mp4
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147516
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.22.2012
03:28AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "You afraid of work?"

Yes.  I was once trapped in it.  I had gotten into it quite innocently, because that is what everyone had expected of me.  I just went along, and before I knew it there were obligations that had been made, mortgage, car payments, credit cards, that just would not go away.

And then I looked back and realized I had walked into a trap.  There had been a time earlier in life before I went down that road when I could have taken a different road, called freedom. 

I had reached outside myself for fulfillment, instead of inside, and there I was, trapped.

I like working.  I am glad to have a reason to get up and go out.  Otherwise I probably would not.  Some recent home repairs have drained my finances temporarily, but I usually make more than I need, and have a surplus of cash lying around in the bank.  Im not rich, but I am free.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147519
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Nov.22.2012
03:36AM EDT 
vertical line Thinking it through to the *why* of what they said can be more difficult, but may just solve the problem.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147522
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.22.2012
05:49AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line If nobody thought all the time, what state would the world be in?

Peace on earth, no violence, no conflict  - just a weeny bit boring . .

Is there such a thing as Zen fiction?  Can't imagine people going for a novel in which there's no conflict.

Nirvana is all very well, but samsara makes for the best fiction.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147527
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.22.2012
06:44AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line

The ‘truth’ is it’s impossible for the mind to go very long without thought arising otherwise George W Bush would have been enlightened a long time ago. Enough political comment for a Zen forum for one day.

It’s more like the ‘stillness between two thoughts’, as Krishnamurti put it and as Eliot put it even better:

….  heard, half-heard, in the stillness
Between two waves of the sea.
Quick now, here, now, always —

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147529
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
08:41AM EDT 
vertical line ... Will be to arrive where we started.
And know the place for the first time.

Samsara is Nirvana.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147546
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Nov.22.2012
09:18AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Mark Twain

Thinking comes pretty easy to most, its *thinking things through* that is difficult.

Thinking about how offended you are about something someone said comes naturally.

"

Well said, I think easily, nearly everyone is darn in a state of mental masturbation all day, it is thinking things through deeply, seeing etc that is hard. I concur and I thank you for the reminder.

Abu
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147554
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Nov.22.2012
09:19AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

The thinking mind is just that ... a thinker ... what else would you expect it to do??
When you sit in practice, you concentrate your mind, your awareness to observe the going on in your mind.
"

You really need to practice more, Avisitor....

_/\_
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147555
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from floating_a
Nov.22.2012
09:20AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "If nobody thought all the time, what state would the world be in?

Peace on earth, no violence, no conflict  - just a weeny bit boring . .

Is there such a thing as Zen fiction?  Can't imagine people going for a novel in which there's no conflict.

Nirvana is all very well, but samsara makes for the best fiction.

"

Good grief, no wonder you are still reciting platitudes!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147557
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.22.2012
09:20AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

"

_/\_
"

Tell me something that I don't know ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147556
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.22.2012
10:26AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: " ... Will be to arrive where we started.
And know the place for the first time.

Samsara is Nirvana.
"

Sansara or sangsara (?????) is a Sanskrit[1] and Pali term, which translates as "continuous movement" or "continuous flowing" and, in Buddhism, refers to the concept of a cycle of birth (jati), and consequent decay and death (jaramara?a), in which all beings in the universe participate, and which can only be escaped through enlightenment.

Sa?sara is continuous suffering (or dukkha) and is generally considered the antithesis of Nirva?a (Sanskrit) or nibbana (Pali), which literally translates as "extinguishing" or "unbinding". The concept of Sa?sara was derived from the Hindu belief of reincarnation, from which Siddhartha Gautama — the founder of Buddhism — developed some of his teachings regarding life and death. (wikipedia)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147571
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
12:22PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Mark Twain

"

Well said, I think easily, nearly everyone is darn in a state of mental masturbation all day, it is thinking things through deeply, seeing etc that is hard. I concur and I thank you for the reminder.

Abu
"

Mental masturbation all day.. what else...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147576
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.22.2012
12:23PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Thanks star. 

Ah, samsara may be  nirvana but is nirvana samsara?

Sit and not think about that for a few hours whilst eating watermelon and icecream like 66joel tells us to -  as I will now proceed not do ...

But seriously, I didn't think Zen was about 'not thinking'  or 'trying not to think'  - it's about not identifying with anything that arises and letting it 'self-liberate into emptiness' as Ken(sho)  Wilber himself puts it.

This is beginner's Zen. And advanced.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147577
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
12:24PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

"

_/\_
"

Yeah I think so too....hahahaha... all is saying is practice but if you ask what he practice he gets irritated...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147578
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
12:27PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Thanks star. 

Sit and not think about that for a few hours whilst eating watermelon and icecream like 66joel tells us to -  as I will now proceed not do ...

But seriously, I didn't think Zen was about 'not thinking'  or 'trying not to think'  - it's about not identifying with anything that arises and letting it 'self-liberate into emptiness' as Ken(sho)  Wilber himself puts it.

"

Ok you can read all the more than 20 books of Wilber and all his talks... good luck...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147579
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
12:56PM EDT 
vertical line What? He doesn't even know his Toilets.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147586
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.22.2012
12:57PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line I haven't read more than 2 books of Wilber and listened to very few of his talks. 

Just because you have difficulty understanding them yourself, it doesn't mean they're of no value or to be dismissed. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147587
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
12:58PM EDT 
vertical line Sorry, I thought you meant T.S. Eliot.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147589
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
01:16PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I haven't read more than 2 books of Wilber and listened to very few of his talks. 

Just because you have difficulty understanding them yourself, it doesn't mean they're of no value or to be dismissed. 
"

Yeah maybe I don't understand it. That is why I got bored with it.

Well Zen is  not so much talk...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147597
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.22.2012
01:59PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

"

_/\_
"

Yeah I think so too....hahahaha... all is saying is practice but if you ask what he practice he gets irritated...lol
"

Leo, you have said you have practice for a number of years.
What kind of practice is that?? Do you really need to learn my method which I have stated here many times??
The truth is that you haven't tried to learn anything
But, you have spent your time trying to confirm everything you believe to be truth.
My irritation comes from ....

There is a story of a woman who was praying constantly ... calling the Christ name.
Her son started to call for his mother ... again and again ... until his mother could no longer stand it.
The son said that she should understand that she could not stand to be call upon so many times that why would Christ be any different???
....... Hahahahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147611
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
02:04PM EDT 
vertical line The son of Mary builds crosses.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147613
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
02:14PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

"

_/\_
"

"

What kind of practice is that?? Do you really need to learn my method which I have stated here many times??
But, you have spent your time trying to confirm everything you believe to be truth.

There is a story of a woman who was praying constantly ... calling the Christ name.
Her son started to call for his mother ... again and again ... until his mother could no longer stand it.
The son said that she should understand that she could not stand to be call upon so many times that why would Christ be any different???
....... Hahahahahaha
"

But I am sure I would not learn anything from you and your idol and those you agree with...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147614
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.22.2012
02:24PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line

Leaving only the growing terror of nothing to think about …

No T. S. Eliot humor here please Joe. It lowers the tone.

True Leoj99.

Sorry for calling you 66joel. I got it all back to font lol. Won’t happen again.  

Keep on not thinking, Leoj, for you are not ready for thought … ha ha

I say you are repeating something you have said before.  You shall say it again.  Shall you say it again? You bet.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147617
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.22.2012
05:05PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

"

_/\_
"

"

....... Hahahahahaha
"

But I am sure I would not learn anything from you and your idol and those you agree with...lol
"

I'm going to practice now ... ttyl
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147627
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.22.2012
06:24PM EDT 
vertical line

Posted on Nov.22.2012 @ 12:39AM GMT+10 by leoj99
"The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

So tell me if it is not true. So what will you do?"

This thinking mind needs to take some time out and reflect rather than always trying to gain from its thinking.

Better to develop wisdom than to latch on to what you read and hear.

The getting of wisdom does require a quest though, however true wisdom will not come without humility in place and nurtured.  Humility can not be understood intellectually, it is sat before us once we are willing to let the scales fall from our eyes and our hearts, and then it cloaks us like a gift, and we can rejoice.  Better be clothed in humility than any luxurious fabric.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147632
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
07:59PM EDT 
vertical line And thus I clothe my naked villainy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147647
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.22.2012
08:25PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "But I am sure I would not learn anything from you and your idol and those you agree with...lol
"
There once was this lady who would pray to God and ask to win the lottery.
Every day and every night, she would pray and ask to win.
Her husband passed away and she would still pray to win the lottery.
Then her only daughter passed away and she kept on praying to win the lottery
Saying that if she had won then it would all be worth it.
Then, one night, in the garden where she prayed, ....
God came out and said to her ... Hey, help me out and buy a ticket .... hahaha

If you want it so badly then buy a ticket .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147649
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.22.2012
08:43PM EDT 
vertical line Your tailor is rich.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147659
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
09:19PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "But I am sure I would not learn anything from you and your idol and those you agree with...lol
"

"

You have a nice story but how about your own story...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147671
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.22.2012
09:26PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "But I am sure I would not learn anything from you and your idol and those you agree with...lol
"

"

You have a nice story but how about your own story...lol
"

Did you buy a ticket yet??
Have you set yourself upon the practice of sitting in perfection??
Become the Buddha ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147681
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.22.2012
09:28PM EDT 
vertical line I don't sit in perfection and watch my thoughts arise and falls forever...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.23.2012
04:25AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "

Posted on Nov.22.2012 @ 12:39AM GMT+10 by leoj99
"The thinking mind is afraid not to think. And when it thinks and thinks it become more afraid.

So tell me if it is not true. So what will you do?"

This thinking mind needs to take some time out and reflect rather than always trying to gain from its thinking.

Better to develop wisdom than to latch on to what you read and hear.

The getting of wisdom does require a quest though, however true wisdom will not come without humility in place and nurtured.  Humility can not be understood intellectually, it is sat before us once we are willing to let the scales fall from our eyes and our hearts, and then it cloaks us like a gift, and we can rejoice.  Better be clothed in humility than any luxurious fabric.

"

True. Humility is endless as T. S. E said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147702
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Nov.23.2012
04:44AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line The clothes of humility are like the emperor's new clothes except that the wearer knows he's naked.

That's my thought for the day for what it's worth. 

I've got a busy day ahead not thinking about anything at all :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147706
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.23.2012
05:11AM EDT 
vertical line So what is humility that cannot be understood intellectually?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147712
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.23.2012
05:20AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Thanks star. 

"

From my own perspective, when I meditate I am deliberately looking for something to come to me, a dream perhaps, or a vision, to let me know about something.  I may end up more confused than before, but eventually everything works out over time, maybe just not as I hoped or expected.  Looking into the guiding light.

But when I sit, I just sit, and dissipate into nothingness, the nothingness of singularity, being all that It is being at Once.  I stop being human, or anything.  Needing nothing, wanting nothing, being nothing.  In silence and stillness, after a few minutes I can no longer feel my body.  I feel only breathing.  I hear things I dont usually hear, like the clock ticking, the refridgerator purring, the bleeze gently rocking the window shade, but still I am not listening to these things, they are just there, in the isness of the nothingness, at the moment....  Not-Doing, anything at all.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147714
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Chryseis
Nov.23.2012
09:06AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "So what is humility that cannot be understood intellectually? "

Humility descends on you, and it is like a Grace

It is experienced and so can only be generally described

If you can, you renegotiate regularly to try to align with what you might sense as humility, however true humility will descend on you and leave you windswept and beatified. Humility is traumatic as you disengage from the false.

No one wonders like the man who has seen the impression of his footprints on the mat at the door of the house of contemplation.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147753
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.23.2012
09:13AM EDT 
vertical line Ascending very 'eavy, very 'umble.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147754
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.23.2012
10:07AM EDT 
vertical line The thinking mind's strumpet.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147759
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.23.2012
11:24AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Ascending very 'eavy, very 'umble."

I think those are the holy ones. But never cross them for they can easily show their horns...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147761
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Nov.23.2012
11:25AM EDT 
vertical line Believe me...lol... I have tested it so many times...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147762
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.23.2012
11:42AM EDT 
vertical line Proud to be humble.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147767
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.06.2012
02:52AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line wow Joe,

i know this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWmpddSUWo

My Dad playing it is one of my earliest memories

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148373
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Dec.06.2012
05:13AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line What is the relevance, justin?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from shayne
Dec.06.2012
09:23AM EDT 
Email shayne
vertical line this thinking mind is afraid not to think eh?

dont you mean the thinking mind is afraid to not think?

concentrate....its what its all about.

not just thinking.

this speaks volumes for you.

not only did you post the topic by mistake.

you added the text with this same mind set.

not realizing your NOT thinking correctly.

so with that said.

go back to the drawling board.

and meditate.

you need to strengthen your mind.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148375
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Dec.07.2012
06:36PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "wow Joe,

i know this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWmpddSUWo

My Dad playing it is one of my earliest memories

"

Cool.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148426
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Dec.07.2012
08:26PM EDT 
vertical line Badabang, that stuff Woodsy keep japping about! (read with intro to x-files playing in background)
(Btw, keep rocking in the free world Joe!;)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148428
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Dec.08.2012
07:46AM EDT 
vertical line If I Were A Carpenter
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Dec.08.2012
02:11PM EDT 
vertical line Total Mass Retain
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148451
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Dec.09.2012
07:05AM EDT 
vertical line Kashmir
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148463
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.09.2012
08:39AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "What is the relevance, justin?"

Joe was making a very cool 'in joke' and it took me a while but i finally got it.
and i was surprised at it.

one of those things, you just have to be there
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148466
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Dec.09.2012
09:51AM EDT 
vertical line I'll Find My Way Home
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 148468
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHIST MONKS IN TIBET
by Flip Chalfant
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s