history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Oct 22 2014 02:22AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Subhuti was Buddha's disciple. He was able to understand the potency of emptiness, that nothing exists except in its relationship of subjectivity and objectivity. One day, in a mood of sublime emptiness, Subhuti was resting underneath a tree... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: OBSERVED REVISITED
vertical line Posted on Nov.26.2012 @ 10:31AM EDT by justin
I am in the East, (although for me it was not the east more like north west really)

Today i had a long massage, and as my body was wracked with discomfort i meditated and observed what the feelings were. Same as i do in the dentist chair. I realised the body was no different to the rain to the ground the is no difference everything is same. And only my thoughts of difference create the idea in my mind.

By observing and studying the pain it disappeared ( or retracted somewhat) and i clearly understood my part in the creation of the concept of self. I asked myself who is it experiencing this and the the experience changed completely. I felt the pain because of my conditioning and my training in society. (because i was taught to believe in it, and to believe in my self (as a thing). haha self i got you number.

Again i was reminded there is only the observer and then just simply the observed, the cat in the box again.

What i am unsure of is how did i develop my imagination so much as to imagine u guys, :)

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email justin
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.26.2012
10:41AM EDT 
vertical line

When I was in High School, shortly after taking up self-hypnosis, I went to the dentist.  I asked if he would put me to sleep, but he said they didnt do that just for a filling.  So I decided to try and put myself to sleep using hypnosis.

I went into hypnosis, while the novacaine was setting in, and gave myself the suggestion that the sound of the drill would put me to sleep.  And it worked.  I went to sleep, the nurse held my mouth open, and they woke me up when they were done.  The dentist was very impressed.

The suggestion has held up for over 40 years now.  I find it very difficult to stay awake in the dentists chair, and usually tell them so ahead of time.  They just put in a *jaw block* and wake me up when they are done.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147894
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.26.2012
10:44AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line coolio houlio

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147896
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Nov.26.2012
12:39PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I've been working with a nondual awareness and 'five states'

Basically, I've attempted 'looking deeply' for one's own state, recognizing no cause, and surrendering to mystery
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147902
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Nov.26.2012
12:41PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line All the while observing everything happening just.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147903
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Nov.26.2012
06:04PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "All the while observing everything happening just."

This is all I can do at the moment.
When the time is right .... haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147908
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Nov.26.2012
06:42PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Meditation comes soon.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147909
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.27.2012
07:37AM EDT 
vertical line

We have all been conditioned to live our lives like pigs at a trough, pushing, shoving, josteling to get our noses in deeper than the ones next to us, to get our share, and preferably a bit more.

If you break that, through Zen Buddhism or any other means, you can rise above humanity.  No longer seeking personal gain, you can redirect your time and resources.

Then, as you already have, you can spend your time and resources on a journey of self-discovery, an exploration of inner-space, that is far more rewarding than anything you could *get* in the 3d world.

Maybe its just the lazy way.  Needing less is far easier than getting more.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147916
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Nov.27.2012
07:47AM EDT 
vertical line Tune in, the rats are laughing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147917
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Nov.27.2012
08:11AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Tune in, the rats are laughing. "

nice posts guys, :)

i just had pad thai on the street and as i waited to receive my food i saw a rat run not more than one metre away!!!

amazing!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147920
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from starduster
Nov.27.2012
10:25AM EDT 
vertical line

I dont like to eat in restaurants. 

The Health Dept and I have a bit of a disagreement about how many rat feces in the food are acceptable. 

They say a little, and I say none.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 147922
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this THE BUDDHA - LOVE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s