history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 22 2014 12:12PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen. Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring. The professor watched the overflow... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THEY STUDY SICK PEOPLE
vertical line Posted on Jan.08.2013 @ 02:50AM EDT by leoj99
They study Sick People.
He is so afraid of death.

Freud is flawed
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.09.2013
12:50PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line

Freud is flawed.  That's not exactly news.  Doesn't take massive insight to see that.

Anyone who was convinced that deep down every male wants to kill or replace his father and screw his mother and that all women wish they had a penis, must have had more than a few screws loose himself.

Anyone who was deluded and arrogant enough to think that he could successfully psychoanalyze himself without the aid of anyone else and completely heal himself  to total psychic health and equilibrium was seriously misguided. 

He originally believed that certain women he was treating were suffering from ‘hysteria’ because they had been sexually abused.   Then he changed his mind for some reason and decided that all sexually abused women had never been sexually abused at all but were indulging in sexual fantasies.  For him they were sexually frustrated, hysterical, vengeful females who harboured resentment against certain men for being sexually rejected by them.  Tosh.

We know all too well today how much sexual abuse of both sexes actually goes on within families and elsewhere, so you can imagine how much of it must have gone on in Freud’s day.  And yet he completely rejected the idea that it went on at all. What a blind, deluded  idiot.

Freud believed human nature was inherently flawed and wicked.  This view derived from the shadows and the unresolved, unacknowledged issues in his own mind which he projected onto others. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149154
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.09.2013
11:56PM EDT 
vertical line Nice one Mr. Sam Hardy. Hope we have more of this discussions in this Forum.

I am always wondering why in the west so many youths and adults are diagnosed of ADHDs and OCDs. And many I have met it seems they are even proud of it. They tell they have OCD even if you are not asking...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149158
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.16.2013
10:42AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Not sure whether I'm into discussing the causes of ADHD and OCD. Maybe food additives in baby milk. Or too much TV.

I don't want to use up too much mental energy. I want to conserve it all for not thinking. lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149261
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.16.2013
01:52PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Not that I've ever observed anything that could be described as discussion on this site.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149262
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.16.2013
02:54PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line I like the watch he is wearing. What brand is it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149263
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.16.2013
03:15PM EDT 
vertical line Brand new
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149264
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.16.2013
03:17PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Not that I've ever observed anything that could be described as discussion on this site.

"
Lol, yeah I know Sam, just ranting to our self! lol Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant (zippit I`m ranting!)
rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant  rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant (sssh!)  rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant aaand.. Rant.
(Sorry, just needed a mighty good ranting, had nothing to say)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149265
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.16.2013
03:20PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Who combs his beard?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149266
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.16.2013
03:46PM EDT 
vertical line Was looking for a picture of him without beard, but this will do:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuDS_Y4wNxXXHEOtQ_aoKGaUq2fR6GUtAC7jHd6BIWehCFqHi_
(we are speaking abouth the same dude right??)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149268
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.16.2013
03:49PM EDT 
vertical line Naah, I`m not funny, listen to lykke-li and get to bed:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149269
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.21.2013
12:20PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "Not that I've ever observed anything that could be described as discussion on this site.

"

More like shafts of blinding insight and transcendental wisdom ... ha ha ha ......
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149319
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.30.2013
11:41PM EDT 
vertical line Freud was so afraid of death.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150644
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN ELEMENTS
by Liu Chang
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s