history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Oct 22 2014 11:47PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The Zen master Hakuin was praised by his neighbours as one living a pure life. A beautiful Japanese girl whose parents owned a food store lived near him. Suddenly, without any warning, her parents discovered she was with child. This... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: MEDITATION OR ZAZEN IS NOTHING SPECIAL
vertical line Posted on Jan.10.2013 @ 01:18AM EDT by leoj99
Meditation or Zazen is Nothing Special.

MEDITATION IS NOT SPECIAL (Master Seung Sahn)

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.10.2013
01:20AM EDT 
vertical line
MEDITATION IS NOT SPECIAL (Master Seung Sahn)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149159
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.10.2013
01:44AM EDT 
vertical line Wonderful!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149160
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.11.2013
08:44PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The first wind of meditation is understanding it. The second wind is giving it meaning in your own life.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149178
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.11.2013
09:30PM EDT 
vertical line Good post Leo, you neither come off looking arrogant, nor do you generalize or assume what "most people" do think (whoever that might be). And the information was even interesting and not some annoying link (like the ones I stopped clicking many postings ago..). Now U start to look almost human IMHO:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149179
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.12.2013
02:01AM EDT 
vertical line So what is human the one who is easily get hurt and insulted? ... lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149180
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.12.2013
02:38AM EDT 
vertical line The one that cares what "others" think
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149182
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.12.2013
03:54AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "The one that cares what "others" think "

Can you please give an example?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149184
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.12.2013
09:30AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line heart flower
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149187
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.12.2013
01:30PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line You sit behind your eyes ... with thoughts running through your mind
Seek from where thoughts arise and fall away ...
Now, in peace and equanimity, emptiness, silence, ...
Awareness that is observing ...
Can see the source of the thoughts and know its true nature.

Don't believe in all the hype ... it is nothing special.
But, I will not give up upon the journey ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149190
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.12.2013
05:01PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Quote: "The first wind of meditation is understanding it. The second wind is giving it meaning in your own life."

yes sir , meaning is coming by itself.

(it's like >>)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149194
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.12.2013
09:46PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "The one that cares what "others" think "

"
You mean you are just following the dictionary and you call  yourself a Zen Buddhist...? lol

So what do you think? Am I a Zen Budhists? If I say yes, do you believe? If I say no, do you believe? So what do you think of all my topics? Are you paying attention or what?

(youre soo hugeable:))

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149201
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.14.2013
09:47PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Don't believe in all the type ... it is Special K.
But, I will not give up upon the baloooorrrnnnnnyyyyyy ... hahaha
"

Well said my friend. Well said!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149236
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.15.2013
01:20PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "The one that cares what "others" think "

"
You mean you are just following the dictionary and you call  yourself a Zen Buddhist...? lol

So what do you think? Am I a Zen Budhists? If I say yes, do you believe? If I say no, do you believe? So what do you think of all my topics? Are you paying attention or what?

(youre soo hugeable:))

"

There is another web site that claims to have enlightened ones guide novices to enlightenment.
They do it by asking the novice question after question after question after question.
hmmm ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149242
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.17.2013
08:07PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Five reasons I do seated meditation:

- Homeostasis
- Meditation itself
- Self-Inquiry
- Love
- "I Don't Know"

So yeah, Nothing special
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149283
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.17.2013
09:40PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Five reasons I do seated meditation:

- Homeostasis
- Meditation itself
- Self-Inquiry
- Love
- "I Don't Know"

So yeah, Nothing special
"

One reason I do meditation

- I like it

Hahaha, yeah nothing special
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149285
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Kernmalloy
Feb.18.2013
01:12AM EDT 
Email Kernmalloy
vertical line Meditation is all about keeping our mind relaxed for some time and from various activities the is running through our mind and reduce the stress in our life .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The  estimation immobilière is also known as the estimation estate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150025
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.18.2013
08:59AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Meditation is all about keeping our mind relaxed for some time and from various activities the is running through our mind and reduce the stress in our life .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The  estimation immobilière is also known as the estimation estate.
"

If you set a goal for meditation then is it really meditation??
If you are talking about the process of meditation then can we define the stages as one develops????
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150033
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.18.2013
09:10AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

I found many logic of that story which fit in my current understanding of Buddhism but still no matter how , no matter what kind of perception or practice is all still part of one learning process to discover himself .......NOTHING is right or wrong ......

In my current understanding there is nothing referral to Buddhism even Mr Siddharta words ....as all action is same and equal source of learning , so regardless what / how is an action or re-action or nature from anyone or anything still is all SAME and EQUAL learning source for all ......

To me currently , Buddhism is a PROCESS thats happens naturally that one will under-going process to know / discover himself ..........one can experience longer / more suffering path or shorter / less suffering journey in own journey towards emptiness ..........

Buddhism to me is a PROCESS one awake to aware , aware to realize , realize to accept and accept to further aware in a naturally process towards nothingness therefore as long as the monk have intention to " enlighterned" or be " Buddha".... regardless his action will always be his learning lesson to discover his DESIRE , emotions , greed .....etc .....he will always find himself nothing but himself.....

If you go to TESCO you will find something you already expected to find , if you go jungle you will expect to see monkey , trees even Tarzan EVEN if you found TESCO in the deep jungle you will still creates reason just to fulfill your desire to know ..........

Emptiness is not something you search or seek .......Emptiness is you without yourself . Accepting it is Buddhism ..................

So there is NOTHING WRONG with the monk who spend his whole life sitting or meditation.......because that is HIS learning process to discover himself ...........for me I just learning from his action without any comparison or attachment of any of "my knowledge"......Nothing is right or wrong in Buddhism ...................

In Buddhism , there is NO teacher just student ...so " the teacher" should learn from the monk action WITHOUT any EMOTION to teach him ....because if he have any intention...that is resulted from his desire / ego / greed / knowledge / desire / pride ...the emotions that creates " right or wrong" , the emotions that accept by comparison...the " self" that created by him ............he will only creates more " self".........and always in the circle of "himself".........and he will need longer / more suffering path to accept " himself"..........thats Buddhism in my current understanding.

Dalai Lama is SAME and EQUAL as Osama because Dalai Lama words could be learned by Osama in the same manner Osama action is teaching Dalai Lama and the whole world to understand compassion / love / anger etc ...............

One is FREE to learn by his own will ..........   

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150034
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.18.2013
08:29PM EDT 
vertical line Join the conversation, heeh.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150044
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN IRIS
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s