history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Sep 03 2014 12:35AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.10.2009 @ 11:40PM EDT by chontri
Accept my words only when you have examined them for yourselves;
do not accept them simply because of the reverence you have for me.
Those who only have faith in me and affection... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE NATURE OF THE MIND
vertical line Posted on Jan.12.2013 @ 04:17PM EDT by leoj99
The Nature of the Mind.

Nature of the Mind

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.12.2013
06:38PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line wow, yeah, that's it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149197
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.12.2013
10:04PM EDT 
vertical line Dang, you attained the state of All-seeing (Annadatthudasa) All-transcending sage (Sabbabhibhu Dhiro) All-vanquishing sage Arahant (fully enlightened) Awakened One Best of those who can be tamed Blessed One mBrahma (as in master of the brahma-viharas) Buddha (Awakened One, Enlightened One) Bull among men Bull among seers Bull of the Sakyan clan Caravan leader Conqueror of beasts Conqueror of Mara (Maraji) Consummate in knowledge & conduct Dhamma Discoverer (in the Dhamma after it died out) Dispeller of darkness Elucidator of meaning Endowed with all the foremost marks Endowed with knowledge and good conduct (Vijjacaranasampanna) Exalted One Expert with regard to the world First in the world Foremost jewel Foremost of all people Foremost of charioteers Foremost of those who can cross Foremost sage Fortunate One Freed (nibbana) Fully enlightened one Giver of the deathless God of gods (Devadeva) Gotama (his family name) Great One Great seer Guide (Nayaka) Healer (meditation types) Helper (Natha) Helper of the World (Lokanatha) Him-of-the-Ten-Powers (Dasabala) Incomparable Charioteer of men to be tamed King of the Dhamma (Dhammaraja) Kinsman of the sun Knower (enlightened) of the World (Lokavidu) Knowledge Lion (of the Dhamma; Siha in Pali) Lion Man (Narasiha) Lion of the Sakyas (Sakyasiha) Lord Buddha (respectful, devotional title in appreciation for the teachings) Lord of sages (Muninda) Lord of the Dhamma Master Gotama (referring to being a teacher with his birth name) Noble One (by attainments, not birth) Of excellent wisdom (Varapañña) One who sees (Cakkhuma) One who transcends all (Sabbabhibhu) Peaceful sage Peerless bull Perfect in knowledge and practice Physician (Bhisakka) The Perfect One Pure (enlightenment) Radiant One (Angirasa) Recluse (monk not attached to home or possessions) Related to the sun (Adiccabandhu) Rightly self-awakened Sakyamuni (Sage of the Sakyas) Samma-sam-Buddha (teacher of the masses, rediscovering Dhamma) Self-dependent (Sayambhu) Shower of the way Siddhattha (his given name) Stainless (pure in virtues) Sublime One Supreme among those who can be released Tathagata (the one “thus-gone” or “thus-come“) Teacher (Sattha) Teacher of divine and human beings Teacher of the world (Lokagaru) Thoroughly mature Torchbearer of mankind (Ukkadharo manussanam) Training leader (Vinayaka) Ultimate leader Unconquered conqueror Unexcelled trainer for those people fit to be tamed Unsurpassed charioteer of beings to be tamed Unsurpassed doctor and surgeon Unvanquished (Anabhibhuto) Vanquisher (Abhibhu) Victor in battle Wanderer (monk gone forth from lay life) Wellfarer Well-gone one (Sugata) Wielder of power (Vasavatti) With great wisdom (Bhuripañña) World-knower Worthy one or??.. just my &%#¤ luck not bothering watching it all the way through:/
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149203
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.13.2013
12:01AM EDT 
vertical line Wow that is too much. Too heavy, indeed...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149208
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.14.2013
09:42PM EDT 
vertical line The nature of the mind is luminous luminosity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149234
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN IRIS
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s