history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Dec 20 2014 07:26PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ta-mei Fa-chang (752-839) was a Chinese Ch'an master. After he got awakened under
the Great master Ma-tsu Tao-i (709-788), he went to the Ta-mei mountain and resided there.
One day there was a traveling monk who got lost in the Ta-mei... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: PLEASE
vertical line Posted on Jan.15.2013 @ 03:54PM EDT by football

"Please master pacify my mind!"

"I will pacify it for you."

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email football
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.15.2013
04:18PM EDT 
vertical line Show me this mind you speak of.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149246
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.15.2013
05:21PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Quote: "I am not in contention with you. I am trying to demonstrate with words the non - contentious mind. The reason masters discontinue using words, is because it can not be intellectually arrived at, that is all. "

Can this be the answer?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149249
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.15.2013
08:24PM EDT 
vertical line So to sum up some wisdom and finally give something to reflect* on:

"what you believe others are thinking being in relation to you directly affects how others are thinking being in relation to you"

*This profound wisdom does not apply to people living in caves feeding of wild roots and berries in total isolation from all fellow beings including animals.

(Nowwhat?? Never said I want to look enlightened or anything, I just wrote it in an sms and tought it kinda cool worded, well at least in norwegian and,.. you know what?.. F" you! Yeah you heard me! I wrote it for your benefit not my #ยค# ego as I really do not care what you guys think of me and, and,.. hmm, awh go jump in the lake!)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149250
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.15.2013
08:25PM EDT 
vertical line :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149251
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.15.2013
09:03PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Show me this mind you speak of. "

I will shake your hand if you want ... haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149252
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.15.2013
09:06PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Defy the Zen prognosis.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149253
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.15.2013
11:49PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I don't give a hoot.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149254
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.16.2013
12:58AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "I am not in contention with you. I am trying to demonstrate with words the non - contentious mind. The reason masters discontinue using words, is because it can not be intellectually arrived at, that is all. "

Can this be the answer?

"

Shield yourself in any answer and this will be your cage. Take refuge in what does not cling to any absolute truth. Take refuge in the demonstrated enlightenment of the Buddha, take refuge in the teachings, take refuge in the company of those who seek to implement these teachings in their life.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149255
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.16.2013
06:13AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line I feel like a crow.Sometimes the dictionary dont help to understand you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149256
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.16.2013
09:46AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line I really do not care what you guys think of me and, and,.. hmm, awh go jump in the lake!)

Quite right. We cannot be concerned with the opinions of others. They change all the time anyway.  What our wives, husbands or partners feel, on the other hand, is an altogether different question.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149258
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.16.2013
05:15PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Show me this mind you speak of. "

SSSSSSSSRrrrrrriiiiight HERE BRO.

Whatcha gonna do now? Run and hide behind Zen platitudes? or be real for a change.

Chose wisely.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149274
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.16.2013
05:49PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Enlightenment pacifies the corruption within.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149275
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.16.2013
06:02PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line OR...Pacify the corruption within by skillful means, who cares if it's enlightenment or not. Just do it, and be done. Life is beautiful; everything has beauty.

Enjoy your day! :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149276
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.17.2013
03:04AM EDT 
vertical line In the teaching where the student ask for his master to pacify his mind, the master asked for him to show this mind for him to pacify. His student then became enlightened.

I was completing the sentence, the story, nothing more.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149278
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.17.2013
03:15AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "OR...Pacify the corruption within by skillful means, who cares if it's enlightenment or not. Just do it, and be done. Life is beautiful; everything has beauty.

"

What exactly is corrupt? It is what it is, set it down and let it keep going. If you hold it in a little cage and name it corruption, then you will start a quest for non-corruption, and end up in a world of polarity, division, contention, duality, war. Reject nothing, and hold nothing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149279
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.17.2013
09:16AM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Peace arises within one's soul once the need or greed for consumption ends.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149280
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.17.2013
04:09PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Relationship before Opportunity

Originality before Success

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149281
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.17.2013
04:22PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "OR...Pacify the corruption within by skillful means, who cares if it's enlightenment or not. Just do it, and be done. Life is beautiful; everything has beauty.

"

What exactly is corrupt? It is what it is, set it down and let it keep going. If you hold it in a little cage and name it corruption, then you will start a quest for non-corruption, and end up in a world of polarity, division, contention, duality, war. Reject nothing, and hold nothing.
"

I agree. Delusion/Corruption/Ignorance/Illusion/Illness/Suffering are not in my vocabulary. I was at the gas station this afternoon and was getting some orange juice out of the cooler. Just listening to some of the others talk I noticed a presence in their voices that was immeasurable. It took me into a moment of reflection. Each day is something new even if it's been routine for years. That's all.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149282
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this WORLD RELIGIONS - BUDDHISM
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s