history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Sunday Apr 20 2014 09:19AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: LET IT BE
vertical line Posted on Jan.19.2013 @ 06:53AM EDT by IZIZIZ

The great truth is that permanence is impermanent.

So, don't worry about suffering

When you die, suffering won't mean a thing.

So, carry on. 

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Jan.19.2013
05:48PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line Go as a river. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149296
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.20.2013
01:24PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line How simple is to die.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149302
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.20.2013
03:54PM EDT 
vertical line For whom?
(This message brought to you by Kool-Aid!:) Mix up all kinds of fun with Kool-Aid! With a rainbow of flavors kids love, and a good source of Vitamin C moms can feel good about!)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149303
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.20.2013
05:21PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line CEO
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149304
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.21.2013
10:36AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line On the scale of eons of time, much of what we do will matter little
So, what is it that will make the difference??
Only finding your true nature and living in the truth of your spirit.

Let it be ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149315
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.21.2013
12:18PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Speaking words of unwisdom let it be .... da da da ha ha 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149318
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.21.2013
08:59PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "On the scale of eons of time, much of what we do will matter little
So, what is it that will make the difference??
"

On the scale of eons? That could be only a couple thousand years, in which case there's a lot we could do that would make a difference.

We could, for instance, make a bronze bust of AVATAR. People would be laughing for centuries. HAHA!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149327
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jan.31.2013
09:31AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line In my current understand on Buddhism , my existence is cause by myself , my will / my desire to exist .........so whether in"life" , "in death' , I will still carry myself as long as I still carry it with me .
Buddhism is a PROCESS that I will accept myself eventually I will free me from myself back into emptiness .
Thks
CSEe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149564
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.31.2013
10:13PM EDT 
vertical line Carrying on.

Any questions?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149568
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:11PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "In my current understand on Buddhism , my existence is cause by myself , my will / my desire to exist .........so whether in"life" , "in death' , I will still carry myself as long as I still carry it with me .
Buddhism is a PROCESS that I will accept myself eventually I will free me from myself back into emptiness .
Thks
CSEe
"

What do you do to practice accepting?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149579
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
08:23PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "In my current understand on Buddhism , my existence is cause by myself , my will / my desire to exist .........so whether in"life" , "in death' , I will still carry myself as long as I still carry it with me .
Thks
CSEe
"

"

I do not " practice" or follow any method but rather awake to aware , be empty for any realization and without any plan...... eventually I will progress into "acceptance" of it . Buddhism to me is NOT trying to enter the room but rather to learn about the room , experiencing the room , knowing the room , exploring the room ...leading to accepting the room and eventually I will becoming the room ...............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149597
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:49PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Quote: "In my current understand on Buddhism , my existence is cause by myself , my will / my desire to exist .........so whether in"life" , "in death' , I will still carry myself as long as I still carry it with me .
Thks
CSEe
"

"

I do not " practice" or follow any method but rather awake to aware , be empty for any realization and without any plan...... eventually I will progress into "acceptance" of it . Buddhism to me is NOT trying to enter the room but rather to learn about the room , experiencing the room , knowing the room , exploring the room ...leading to accepting the room and eventually I will becoming the room ...............

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149602
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
09:23PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?

"

What room?

Emptiness , nothingness...........Buddhism to me currently is a PROCESS of all being regardless living or non-living leading to emptiness and be nothingness .............

Thks

CSEe 
"

"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149606
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.01.2013
09:42PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Someone needs to go learning the basics about Buddhism.
Buddhism is not about your pollutants causing you into existence.
Buddhism is not about pollutants.
That is very convoluted.

Zen Buddhism has always been about practicing Zazen and learning Buddhism.
If you don't practice Zazen and you don't learn about Buddhism then You are doing something other ... not Zen and not Buddhism.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Cause you picked and choose for yourself the things you wished to believe in.
Rather than to listen and learn that which is Buddhism.
In your current understanding, you have missed the mark by miles.
Please go back to the beginning and start again.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149609
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
10:47PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Someone needs to go learning the basics about Buddhism.
That is very convoluted.

If you don't practice Zazen and you don't learn about Buddhism then You are doing something other ... not Zen and not Buddhism.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Cause you picked and choose for yourself the things you wished to believe in.
"

To me , anything / everything is in Buddhism whether any "practice" or any "action" or any "nature" is in the only process known to me as Buddhism .......Many people HAD impose 'condition" on what Buddhism MUST BE or what is the referral to Buddhism ...perhaps that is the reason that causes "self" or creating "more self" ....Buddhism to me is understanding and freedom of it NOT to creates more knowledge out of it so to me there is NO referral to Buddhism NOT EVEN Mr siddharta himself ................is all part of a learning process known to me as " BUDDHISM".

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149611
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.02.2013
03:53AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?

"

What room?

Emptiness , nothingness...........Buddhism to me currently is a PROCESS of all being regardless living or non-living leading to emptiness and be nothingness .............

Thks

CSEe 
"

"
"

You are wandering around the room looking for the emptiness?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149615
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Feb.02.2013
05:14AM EDT 

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

In this universe, in this reality, which is all that is, there is not a thing that is empty.

Empty-ness is an awakening from the experience that all things are no-thing because reality has no contrast. That one hand clapping.

When you sit and see no-thing-ness, you then know that all is therefore void of its self. This is emptyness. Yet it is there, full of itself. Paradox is the illusion. This is truth.

All neither is, nor is it not.

Hui-nengs proclamation: from the first, not a thing is.

Nothingness(no-thing-ness) does not have a thing that it could empty. 

Some say that they empty their minds. How would they know???

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149617
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.02.2013
08:54AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "To me , anything / everything is in Buddhism whether any "practice" or any "action" or any "nature" is in the only process known to me as Buddhism .......Many people HAD impose 'condition" on what Buddhism MUST BE or what is the referral to Buddhism ...perhaps that is the reason that causes "self" or creating "more self" ....Buddhism to me is understanding and freedom of it NOT to creates more knowledge out of it so to me there is NO referral to Buddhism NOT EVEN Mr siddharta himself ................is all part of a learning process known to me as " BUDDHISM".

Thks

CSEe

"

There is light and there is darkness.
Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
Why do you want to say that everything is Buddhism??
People learn everyday ... in schools and in life.
That is not Buddhism.

In your current understanding, you have not any room for the truth.
Everyone has told you and you ignore.
Why do you persist? To spread your ideas??

Hilter is not the same as Buddha, Siddhartha, Dalai Lama
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149620
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.02.2013
02:04PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Light is not darkness."

One cannot have light without the darkness, young paduwan learner.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149624
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Feb.02.2013
06:22PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Someone needs to go learning the basics about Buddhism.
That is very convoluted.

"

I'm not sure I see the difference.  How is choosing one's own belief system substantively different from choosing the belief system of another?  Isn't it arbitrary either way?  And if one does follow the belief systems of another, Buddhism say, isn't one following the arbitrary choices of what those who came before chose to record or not record?  Or if that is too esoteric did not Buddha himself ultimately choose for himself his own path?  Aren't you simply following his wishes?

I'm not saying that's bad.  I just don't see why the flip side is bad either.  Choices are choices.  Isn't even opting to make no choice itself a choice after all?  We make choices.  It is a part of being alive.  For my self I choose to seek reality over illusion (which is why I am here) but what is wrong with illusion?   You choose to follow classical Buddhism as it is understood by Avistor, but what is wrong with following CSEe Buddhism as it is seen by CSEe? 

I might not agree with CSEe but does that mean the he is wrong?  Or that I am?  Or that you are?  Or that any, all, or none of us are right?  Reality is complicated.  I'm not really sure what it would mean to be right?  What would it mean to follow the truth as it is seen by the truth?  To follow something which is true from every perspective of truth?  I haven't the slightest idea and just trying to imagine it make me almost feel the yawning chasm of nothingness you all are always talking about.  I'm sorry.  I'm sure that was pretty incomprehensible.  It's incomprehensible to me as well.  Sorry.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149626
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Feb.02.2013
06:29PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Light is not darkness."

"

I also really don't understand this one.  Here there are so many photons and over there there are more.  So we say that is bright and this is dim.  There is light and here is darkness.  But isn't it just a continuum of the same?  More or less of the same thing?  And we have called one side of the scale one thing and one side another.  But is there any reason for the division?  Can't any measure of light also be measured by its degree of darkness?  Here there are so many particles of light and here there is so much space in which there are no particles? 

I don't know where to go with that, I just don't understand the saying. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149627
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.02.2013
07:23PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I'm not sure I see the difference.  How is choosing one's own belief system substantively different from choosing the belief system of another?  Isn't it arbitrary either way?  And if one does follow the belief systems of another, Buddhism say, isn't one following the arbitrary choices of what those who came before chose to record or not record?  Or if that is too esoteric did not Buddha himself ultimately choose for himself his own path?  Aren't you simply following his wishes?

I'm not saying that's bad.  I just don't see why the flip side is bad either.  Choices are choices.  Isn't even opting to make no choice itself a choice after all?  We make choices.  It is a part of being alive.  For my self I choose to seek reality over illusion (which is why I am here) but what is wrong with illusion?   You choose to follow classical Buddhism as it is understood by Avistor, but what is wrong with following CSEe Buddhism as it is seen by CSEe? 

I might not agree with CSEe but does that mean the he is wrong?  Or that I am?  Or that you are?  Or that any, all, or none of us are right?  Reality is complicated.  I'm not really sure what it would mean to be right?  What would it mean to follow the truth as it is seen by the truth?  To follow something which is true from every perspective of truth?  I haven't the slightest idea and just trying to imagine it make me almost feel the yawning chasm of nothingness you all are always talking about.  I'm sorry.  I'm sure that was pretty incomprehensible.  It's incomprehensible to me as well.  Sorry.
"

If we are just talking about belief systems then there is no difference.
But, we are talking about Buddhism which is about the truth of ones nature.
It isn't a belief system. The truth about ones nature is real and can be experienced by a person.
Practice and understanding and some luck is what is needed.
A good teacher is also important.
CSEe, in his way, has created a belief system first based on Buddhism then evolved into something convoluted his mind has chosen.

Buddhism isn't an arbitrary system of beliefs. It is based on truth and experience.
Buddha didn't want followers. He wanted each person to find and experience the truth themselves.
Meditation is the practice ...  Zazen for Zen Buddhism.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm being overbearing and arbitrary.
This truly is about something real.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149628
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Feb.02.2013
07:48PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "I'm not sure I see the difference.  How is choosing one's own belief system substantively different from choosing the belief system of another?  Isn't it arbitrary either way?  And if one does follow the belief systems of another, Buddhism say, isn't one following the arbitrary choices of what those who came before chose to record or not record?  Or if that is too esoteric did not Buddha himself ultimately choose for himself his own path?  Aren't you simply following his wishes?

"

If we are just talking about belief systems then there is no difference.
But, we are talking about Buddhism which is about the truth of ones nature.
It isn't a belief system. The truth about ones nature is real and can be experienced by a person.
Practice and understanding and some luck is what is needed.
A good teacher is also important.
CSEe, in his way, has created a belief system first based on Buddhism then evolved into something convoluted his mind has chosen.

Buddhism isn't an arbitrary system of beliefs. It is based on truth and experience.
Buddha didn't want followers. He wanted each person to find and experience the truth themselves.
Meditation is the practice ...  Zazen for Zen Buddhism.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm being overbearing and arbitrary.
This truly is about something real.
"

I do not mean to imply you are being over bearing or really to censure.  I only express my lack of comprehension.   I agree that the word arbitrary was in poor taste, and that Buddhism is based on truth and experience.  But is that characteristic exclusive to Buddhism?  Are other belief systems not interested in truth and experience?  Well, come to that some probably are not.  But are no other belief systems interested in truth and experience?  Is there a way beyond personal experience to gauge which most nearly hits the mark?  Is there any reason for that system to be consistent from one person to the next?  If so, why? 

Still, this part definitely resonates with me, "He (Buddha) wanted each person to find and experience the truth themselves."  I think that is absolutely true.

But if its true that the Buddha wanted that, and I choose to believe he did, and it is true that he did not seek out students, doesn't that imply that there are many paths to truth not just his?  Else if he really wanted people to find truth, and he believed that his was the one and only path, wouldn't he have insisted that people follow him? 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149629
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.02.2013
08:12PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Light is not darkness."

I also really don't understand this one.  Here there are so many photons and over there there are more.  So we say that is bright and this is dim.  There is light and here is darkness.  But isn't it just a continuum of the same?  More or less of the same thing?  And we have called one side of the scale one thing and one side another.  But is there any reason for the division?  Can't any measure of light also be measured by its degree of darkness?  Here there are so many particles of light and here there is so much space in which there are no particles? 

"

This was just used as an analogy.
To say that Buddhism is not CSEe's convoluted ideas about Buddhism.
In his current understanding, he believes that there is no difference between Hitler and the Dalai Lama.

Buddhism isn't learning lessons and then you have the wisdom
It is about finding the truth and having the wisdom come forth from you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149630
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.02.2013
08:51PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I do not mean to imply you are being over bearing or really to censure.  I only express my lack of comprehension.   I agree that the word arbitrary was in poor taste, and that Buddhism is based on truth and experience.  But is that characteristic exclusive to Buddhism?  Are other belief systems not interested in truth and experience?  Well, come to that some probably are not.  But are no other belief systems interested in truth and experience?  Is there a way beyond personal experience to gauge which most nearly hits the mark?  Is there any reason for that system to be consistent from one person to the next?  If so, why? 

Still, this part definitely resonates with me, "He (Buddha) wanted each person to find and experience the truth themselves."  I think that is absolutely true.

But if its true that the Buddha wanted that, and I choose to believe he did, and it is true that he did not seek out students, doesn't that imply that there are many paths to truth not just his?  Else if he really wanted people to find truth, and he believed that his was the one and only path, wouldn't he have insisted that people follow him? 
"

Yes, you are right. There are many paths to the truth.
Buddha himself gave over a thousand ways.

Is there any reason for that system to be consistent from one person to the next?  If so, why? 
That is an excellent question.
Cause the truth is not book learning and is not open to interpretation.
When one experiences true enlightenment, it is real and the truth is the same for everyone.
The actual experience may differ but the truth realized is the same.

It is so important for one to practice meditation.
The practice facilitates understanding.
Some believe that we are trying to stop thinking or even kill the ego.
We are not. We are quieting the mind so that we can see ourselves.
The analogy is a bucket of water in the moon light.
When disturbed by thoughts, our minds are like the disturbed waters.
We can't see the moon but ribbons of light.
When the waters calm, our minds quiet ... we can then see the moon, our true selves.

Meditation gives us the quiet.
It gives us the power of concentration.
It allows us to live each moment to the fullest.
We can then see our true nature.
And that is only the beginning .... haha

Speculation about what Buddha wanted or didn't want isn't the point of Buddhism.
And to do so ... you will lose yourself in argument and never find the truth.
So, I do not argue about that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149631
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.02.2013
10:30PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Light is not darkness."

"

This was just used as an analogy.
To say that Buddhism is not CSEe's convoluted ideas about Buddhism.
In his current understanding, he believes that there is no difference between Hitler and the Dalai Lama.

Buddhism isn't learning lessons and then you have the wisdom
It is about finding the truth and having the wisdom come forth from you.
"

Hitler is HHDL, young paduwan learner.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149632
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.02.2013
11:14PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Light is not darkness."

"

"

Your eyes are the same. But when you have to go to the bathroom at night, better turn a light on to make sure the toilet seat is down if you're a girl, or up if you're a boy. Otherwise you may miss your mark entirely and make a big mess.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149633
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
08:09AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?

"

What room?

Thks

CSEe 
"

"
"

"
......... I think if you read my writing you will understand my meaning .......
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149637
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
08:12AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

In this universe, in this reality, which is all that is, there is not a thing that is empty.

Empty-ness is an awakening from the experience that all things are no-thing because reality has no contrast. That one hand clapping.

When you sit and see no-thing-ness, you then know that all is therefore void of its self. This is emptyness. Yet it is there, full of itself. Paradox is the illusion. This is truth.

All neither is, nor is it not.

Hui-nengs proclamation: from the first, not a thing is.

Nothingness(no-thing-ness) does not have a thing that it could empty. 

Some say that they empty their minds. How would they know???

"

"

Thanks for sharing , to me Buddhism to understand 'the mind" , explore it , discover it and eventually will be free of it .....

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149638
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
10:45AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "To me , anything / everything is in Buddhism whether any "practice" or any "action" or any "nature" is in the only process known to me as Buddhism .......Many people HAD impose 'condition" on what Buddhism MUST BE or what is the referral to Buddhism ...perhaps that is the reason that causes "self" or creating "more self" ....Buddhism to me is understanding and freedom of it NOT to creates more knowledge out of it so to me there is NO referral to Buddhism NOT EVEN Mr siddharta himself ................is all part of a learning process known to me as " BUDDHISM".

Thks

CSEe

"

Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
That is not Buddhism.

"

"

Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
That is not Buddhism.

"

Dear Friend ,thanks for your interest in discussing with me . I really happy I could involve in this discussion . To me , every and any beings - human , animal , viruses , door , table , leaf , dirt , rock etc is all in own process releasing its polluted energy to be pure , to be back into emptiness in a PROCESS known to me as Buddhism . So all being regardless their nature is in Buddhism and as human Buddhism is a PROCESS that I will accept "myself" that is all my emotions / desire etc and free me-the emptiness from 'myself"-the polluted energy that causes my existence .

So dear friend all actions , re-actions by any beings or myself is actually a factor for me to know / learn/ explore /understand myself therefore any incident / act  is learning process to me and is Buddhism .

Whether in school , in public , by ownself , by others or by any possible means - is all in a NATURAL  PROCESS known as Buddhism . There is NOTHING except Buddhism.

I NEVER defended my view or trying to influence others in agreeing with me in fact I had put up a challenge to debate with any MASTER or teacher that teaches ' Buddhism" FOR MY OWN LEARNING PROCESS .

Dear Friend I am here to learn by debating with all NOT to spread any believes .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149639
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
11:02AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Just sharing . To me the basic " realization" on Buddhism is SAME and EQUAL .

That is all beings whether living or non-living is of SAME and EQUAL that NEVER connected to each others and is in OWN PROCESS into emptiness . This PROCESS is to me - Buddhism .

So I am SAME and EQUAL with the sun , the dirt , the leaf in the garden .and nothing is owned by me NOR 'my" daughter , "my": family , 'my car' etc ...................so my daughter is SAME and EQUAL to the dirt under my shoe.....is hard for me to accept this but thats Buddhism.

So every one , anything is a source for me to discover myself therefore all being regardless Dalai Lama , Siddharta , Hilter , Osama , the serial killer is SAME and EQUAL to me that is " teacher" to me .

To me , NO ONE including Siddharta can "teach" others Buddhism but I can learn Buddhism from any being regardless their nature .

I hope to debate with any one for my own learning process . If any one interested pls email me at fomains@gmail.com

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149640
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.03.2013
02:28PM EDT 
vertical line So whats all this long debates about? LOL.. Just stop thinking and all will be settled.  lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149644
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.03.2013
03:07PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "...

To me , NO ONE including Siddharta can "teach" others Buddhism but I can learn Buddhism from any being regardless their nature .

I hope to debate with any one for my own learning process . If any one interested pls email me at fomains@gmail.com

Thks

CSEe

"

So you mean to say that even Buddha, Siddharta can not teach others Buddhism??
But, you can learn about Buddhism from any being regardless of their nature??
Do you realize how ludicrous that sounds??

No one can teach you about Buddhism. Not even Buddha himself??
But, you can learn from anyone about Buddhism regardless if they have any knowledge about Buddhism??
Have you read your own words???

There is nothing to debate cause you don't have anything that makes any sense.
In your current understanding, you simply don't know what Buddhism is truly about.
And, you have no room for the truth.

I'm sorry that you are so stuck in your ways and can not start again to learn the true way of the Buddha.
You have shown that you will not listen to anyone but yourself.
You say you want to learn but you refuse to learn. You just keep repeating that "in your current understanding".
Your current understanding hasn't changed in the past decade ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149649
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
03:18PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?

"

What room?

Thks

CSEe 
"

"
"

"
"

I understood your meaning. Did you understand my question? If you did, then you can answer it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149651
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
03:20PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "So whats all this long debates about? LOL.. Just stop thinking and all will be settled.  lol "

How do you stop your thinking?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149652
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
03:30PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "...

Thks

CSEe

"

But, you can learn from anyone about Buddhism regardless if they have any knowledge about Buddhism??

In your current understanding, you simply don't know what Buddhism is truly about.

I'm sorry that you are so stuck in your ways and can not start again to learn the true way of the Buddha.
You say you want to learn but you refuse to learn. You just keep repeating that "in your current understanding".
"

The true way of the Buddha is just looking. Just looking is Buddha. Just looking is the way of the Buddha. No one can teach anyone to do that, not even Buddha. You just teach and learn looking yourself.

And yet everyone and everything teaches it. Just look.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149653
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
06:15PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What room?

"

What room?

Thks

CSEe 
"

"You are wandering around the room looking for the emptiness?
......... "

"
......... I think if you read my writing you will understand my meaning ......."

I understood your meaning. Did you understand my question? If you did, then you can answer it.
"
......... Dear friend , I am NOT " looking for emptiness" as I never know what emptiness should be or must be ..........and I may not know whether I am around the 'emptiness". To me emptiness is always ME and all my emotions that I know it as "myself" is the polluted energy that causes all my suffering / my existence . Emptiness is NOT something we find or emerged out of a desire but emptiness is a condition of acceptence and freedom of the attachment on self ..................Buddhism is a PROCESS to be "less self" ,decreasing on all emotion leading to emptiness .......

"You are wandering around the room looking for the emptiness?
"

"
"

"
......... Dear friend , I am NOT " looking for emptiness" as I never know what emptiness should be or must be ..........and I may not know whether I am around the 'emptiness". To me emptiness is always ME and all my emotions that I know it as "myself" is the polluted energy that causes all my suffering / my existence . Emptiness is NOT something we find or emerged out of a desire but emptiness is a condition of acceptence and freedom of the attachment on self ..................Buddhism is a PROCESS to be "less self" ,decreasing on all emotion leading to emptiness .......

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149658
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
06:31PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "...

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

What is Buddhism to you my friend ? Knowledge ? Something originated from Siddharta? 

To me Mr Siddharta had introduced to all the answer , the path on all the question of all existence and he is never the creator of Buddhism NOR the  referral to Buddhism .

From his words " awake & emptiness" I realized that Buddhism is the NATURAL PROCESS of all beings releasing its polluted energy towards emotiness so in human Buddhism is a PROCESS that you learn to know , to discover , to experience , to understand , to realize and to accept YOURSELF .....so is a process you know yourself . So how can anyone know how much you know yourself compare to how much he know himself ?

How can it be possible Dalai Lama know how much you accept yourself compare to how much he accept himself and teach you ?

So to me BUDDHISM is IMPOSSIBLE to be taught even by Siddharta or any being BUT...BUT Buddhism is a PROCESS only involve learning , learning from all action , re-action by any being nature including ownself to discover ownself ...............so I could learn Buddhism from the dirt, the rubbish , Dalai Lama , IF I have the will to do so . So all being , all action , all nature is a great source to discover ownself .

Dear friend , if you read your writing , perhaps you will discover yourself ........and so your information I am not here to defend my view NOR trying to influence you . I am here solely to learn and I have learned from all invcluding YOU , my master .

Why dont we debate ? Lets debate based on your understanding on Buddhism and my current understanding . If here is not the place you could email me at fomains@gmail.com

I really wish to learn .

ThksCSee

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149659
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.03.2013
07:49PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "So, ... No one can teach you about Buddhism. Not even Buddha himself??

What is Buddhism to you my friend ? Knowledge ? Something originated from Siddharta? 

ThksCSee

"

Buddhism is like an arrow that points to the truth.
You have diverted the arrow to point at your own beliefs.

The Buddhas teachings ... Four Noble truths ... the eightfold path .... the middle way
Zen ... practice of Zazen ... enlightenment.

It isn't about book learning. No amount of knowledge will give you enlightenment.
You can not free yourself from yourself by thinking it so.
You will not find the answers outside of yourself.
You have to have the knowledge of Buddha's wisdom.
To quiet your mind ... to see the seat of your existence ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149661
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
09:07PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "So, ... No one can teach you about Buddhism. Not even Buddha himself??

ThksCSee

"

The Buddhas teachings ... Four Noble truths ... the eightfold path .... the middle way

It isn't about book learning. No amount of knowledge will give you enlightenment.
"

"

"

Dear friend , to me Siddharta was NEVER , IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE REFERRAL to Buddhism as Buddhism is a PROCESS that one experience , discover , realize , accept his ownself ..... Siddharta's words to me is just ONE OF the trillions source of learning , same as your words , same as the words of a 2 years old boy on the street , same as the nature of a rock ........all action or nature is of SAME and EQUAL source of learning to me .

I have no intention to free myself from myself as said by you ...because to me buddhism is a PROCESS resulted from realization NOT out of intention , plan or desire ......so in Buddhism I will always in a PROCESS of discovering 'myself" and with that I will NATURALLY decreasing "myself" towards emptiness .

YES , the answer to all question is in "myself" as is always my will to accept , my desire to find the question and my acceptence on the answer .......Buddhism is a PROCESS to discover " what am I" , accepting " what am I".....is to understand the need to question , the need to seek for answer NOT finding the answer to fulfill the desire for answer ...............

Knowlegde in any form , by any means is just a tiny-little part of Buddhism . Knowledge is NOT to be attached as a fact but should be as a factor to always be challenged for greater understanding / realization . Human for thousand of years had created a culture on living in knowledge , basing all with knowledge ..........but in my current understanding of Buddhism , there is no such thing as " fact" , or " right" , or " wrong", or "truth/true" of false ..........ALL is SAME and EQUAL sources for learning .

Thks for this great discussion

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149663
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
10:29PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "So, ... No one can teach you about Buddhism. Not even Buddha himself??

ThksCSee

"

"

"

"

Dear friend , to me Siddharta was NEVER , IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE REFERRAL to Buddhism as Buddhism is a PROCESS that one experience , discover , realize , accept his ownself ..... Siddharta's words to me is just ONE OF the trillions source of learning , same as your words , same as the words of a 2 years old boy on the street , same as the nature of a rock ........all action or nature is of SAME and EQUAL source of learning to me .

I have no intention to free myself from myself as said by you ...because to me buddhism is a PROCESS resulted from realization NOT out of intention , plan or desire ......so in Buddhism I will always in a PROCESS of discovering 'myself" and with that I will NATURALLY decreasing "myself" towards emptiness .

YES , the answer to all question is in "myself" as is always my will to accept , my desire to find the question and my acceptence on the answer .......Buddhism is a PROCESS to discover " what am I" , accepting " what am I".....is to understand the need to question , the need to seek for answer NOT finding the answer to fulfill the desire for answer ...............

Knowlegde in any form , by any means is just a tiny-little part of Buddhism . Knowledge is NOT to be attached as a fact but should be as a factor to always be challenged for greater understanding / realization . Human for thousand of years had created a culture on living in knowledge , basing all with knowledge ..........but in my current understanding of Buddhism , there is no such thing as " fact" , or " right" , or " wrong", or "truth/true" of false ..........ALL is SAME and EQUAL sources for learning .

CSEe

"

One night, I had a clog in the drain of my dishwasher, and it made my dishes stay dirty, and left dirty water in the bottom of the dishwasher. So while I was tired and talking to a friend on the phone, not paying much attention, I decided to put Drano in the dishwasher.

Now, Drano is already a bad thing to use, even in a normal sink or bathtub drain. Bad for the water system, bad for the pipes, bad for the environment. But Drano can do some horrible things in a dishwasher, because of the plastic and soft rubber seals. I realized my huge mistake after I put the Drano in the dishwasher and the water did not go down the drain. An hour later, the dirty water and Drano was still in the dishwasher.

So, I scooped the Drano water out with a bowl, and poured it down the sink, as much as I could. Then I ran the dishwasher on the Rinse cycle. Suds began to come out of the bottom, so I stopped it and scooped out more Drano water, ran the Rinse, scooped more water, ran the Rinse, until the water stopped making suds, and the strong odor of Drano was gone.

Now my dishwasher is draining just fine, and there is no more Drano problem in it. It was a lot of work getting rid of that Drano. I realize now, it would have been much simpler if I'd just opened the drain in the dishwasher and cleared out whatever was stopping it up, instead of pouring something else into it when it was already a mess.

But, we learn from our mistakes. And I learned that I would rather wash dishes with my own hands in the sink anyway. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149668
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
10:43PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "So, ... No one can teach you about Buddhism. Not even Buddha himself??

ThksCSee

"

"

"

"

CSEe

"

One night, I had a clog in the drain of my dishwasher, and it made my dishes stay dirty, and left dirty water in the bottom of the dishwasher. So while I was tired and talking to a friend on the phone, not paying much attention, I decided to put Drano in the dishwasher.

Now, Drano is already a bad thing to use, even in a normal sink or bathtub drain. Bad for the water system, bad for the pipes, bad for the environment. But Drano can do some horrible things in a dishwasher, because of the plastic and soft rubber seals. I realized my huge mistake after I put the Drano in the dishwasher and the water did not go down the drain. An hour later, the dirty water and Drano was still in the dishwasher.

So, I scooped the Drano water out with a bowl, and poured it down the sink, as much as I could. Then I ran the dishwasher on the Rinse cycle. Suds began to come out of the bottom, so I stopped it and scooped out more Drano water, ran the Rinse, scooped more water, ran the Rinse, until the water stopped making suds, and the strong odor of Drano was gone.

Now my dishwasher is draining just fine, and there is no more Drano problem in it. It was a lot of work getting rid of that Drano. I realize now, it would have been much simpler if I'd just opened the drain in the dishwasher and cleared out whatever was stopping it up, instead of pouring something else into it when it was already a mess.

But, we learn from our mistakes. And I learned that I would rather wash dishes with my own hands in the sink anyway. :-)
"

"

"

YES , thats my understanding of Buddhism . A PROCESS of learning to understand ownself ...no right or wrong , no true or false , no good or bad .

In your case the Drano had teaches you , Drano is never your problem but is your teacher to teach you .................you learned from this tiny-little incident to discover your emotion on every second of your experiences ...........

We can learned from all IF WE have the will to learn .....but if we attached to our " knowledge" on what is right or wrong .....we will limits our chances to discover .

Buddhism is ALL same and EQUAL . and only with that acceptance we will free ourself from knowledge on others and learn from all...........so if we accept we are SAME and EQUAL with the dirt , we can learn from its nature to discover our own .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149671
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
11:44PM EDT 

YES , thats my understanding of Buddhism . A PROCESS of learning to understand ownself ...no right or wrong , no true or false , no good or bad .

In your case the Drano had teaches you , Drano is never your problem but is your teacher to teach you .................you learned from this tiny-little incident to discover your emotion on every second of your experiences ...........

We can learned from all IF WE have the will to learn .....but if we attached to our " knowledge" on what is right or wrong .....we will limits our chances to discover .

Buddhism is ALL same and EQUAL . and only with that acceptance we will free ourself from knowledge on others and learn from all...........so if we accept we are SAME and EQUAL with the dirt , we can learn from its nature to discover our own .

Thks

CSEe

"

Accept and discover. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149674
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
12:00AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*

Thks

CSEe

"

"

Yes , discover , accept and further to discover .....thats Buddhism Nothing must be wrong , nothing is right .......is all part of the process .

Thats my current understanding subject to change .

ThksCSEe
"

"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149675
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MONASTERE DE KARSKA
by Olivier Follmi
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s