history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Sep 03 2014 12:36AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time, in a certain town there was a coffin maker who opened and was running a store where he sold the coffins he made himself to the customers in the neighborhood. The popuplation in the town increased day-by-day.

The... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WHAT IS PATH
vertical line Posted on Jan.19.2013 @ 03:37PM EDT by leoj99
What is Path.

What is the Path?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Jan.21.2013
12:28PM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line The subject of pathology.  

It's not the same here since Joe went off his troll-ey.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149322
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.21.2013
09:01PM EDT 
vertical line Spelled backwards? It's hTAP.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149328
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.21.2013
09:45PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line A walk anywhere.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149331
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.21.2013
10:55PM EDT 
vertical line So where did he go?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149332
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.22.2013
12:33AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Spirit/Relationship/Good-Family/Originality/Meditation/Reality/Heart/ Self

This vicinity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149337
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.22.2013
12:39AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Where is an Empty Field when you need one? _/\_
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149338
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jan.31.2013
09:27AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line AWAKE to AWARE , AWARE to REALIZE , REALIZE to ACCEPT , ACCEPT to further aware ......thats my path on Buddhism , is to know myself , realize myself , accept myself and free me from myself ..........
Thks
CSEe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149563
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.31.2013
10:14PM EDT 
vertical line Any questions?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149569
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:31PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Where is an Empty Field when you need one? _/\_"

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll find it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149587
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:32PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149588
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.01.2013
06:12PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

I've given up sugar, but thanks.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149593
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
07:59PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Any questions? "

Is there is " answer" to any question in Buddhism ?

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149595
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:39PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149599
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:40PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

"

Not all candy is sugar.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149600
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
09:36PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.

"

Yes.

Perhaps that is the cause of all existence .........Buddhism is a PROCESS freedom of existence not to further creates existence . To me there is NO "answer"to any question
as Buddhism is a continue process to know , to learn , to explore , to experience any question or any "answer" , any emotions by being awake , by own realization leading to acceptence of ownselves and emptiness .

as Buddhism is a continue process to know , to learn , to explore , to experience any question or any "answer" , any emotions by being awake , by own realization leading to acceptence of ownselves and emptiness .

Human always creates "answer" to statisfy their need to know . Human always creates the distiction of good verses bad , right verses wrong and true verses false by having " The answer" ........

This is part of human learning process ...suffering and long-long path ,,,still this is Buddhism . In my current understanding , there is NO good or bad , no true or false and no right or wrong in Buddhism as all is just part of the PROCESS to discover ownselves .

Buddhism is NOT finding answer to question , or questioning all answer but is to learn from the question and the "answer" to explore ownselves .............

Thks

CSEe 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149607
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.02.2013
03:29AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.

"

Yes.

Perhaps that is the cause of all existence .........Buddhism is a PROCESS freedom of existence not to further creates existence . To me there is NO "answer"to any question

Human always creates "answer" to statisfy their need to know . Human always creates the distiction of good verses bad , right verses wrong and true verses false by having " The answer" ........

This is part of human learning process ...suffering and long-long path ,,,still this is Buddhism . In my current understanding , there is NO good or bad , no true or false and no right or wrong in Buddhism as all is just part of the PROCESS to discover ownselves .

Buddhism is NOT finding answer to question , or questioning all answer but is to learn from the question and the "answer" to explore ownselves .............

Thks

CSEe 

"

No answer is the answer you chose. Is it the right answer?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149613
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.02.2013
02:05PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

"

Not all candy is sugar.
"

Is that an offer?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149625
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.02.2013
11:16PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

"

Not all candy is sugar.
"

Is that an offer?
"

So you want some candy?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149634
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
11:15AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.

"

Yes.

Thks

CSEe 

"

"

"

"

Perhaps is " human culture" that needed " answer" to statisfy the desire ...Buddhism is beyond the process of getting the " answer"........................

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149642
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
02:51PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.

"

Yes.

Thks

CSEe 

"

"

"

"

Perhaps is " human culture" that needed " answer" to statisfy the desire ...Buddhism is beyond the process of getting the " answer"........................

"

No, sir. You asked the question "How do I become free from myself, free from existence, and not create any more existence?"

And you answered yourself, "Buddhism is a PROCESS freedom of existence not to further create existence."

So Buddhism created an answer there to your question. But is it the right answer?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149647
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
02:54PM EDT 
So Buddhism created an answer there to your question. But is it the right answer?
"

I meant, you found and followed an answer to your question and called it Buddhism.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149648
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.03.2013
07:43PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

"

Not all candy is sugar.
"

Is that an offer?
"

So you want some candy?
"

This is going nowhere.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149660
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
08:37PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Any questions? "

Do you want some candy?
"

"

Not all candy is sugar.
"

Is that an offer?
"

So you want some candy?
"

This is going nowhere.
"

Right. Any questions?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149662
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
09:20PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Yes.

"

Yes.

Thks

CSEe 

"

"

"

"

"

No, sir. You asked the question "How do I become free from myself, free from existence, and not create any more existence?"

And you answered yourself, "Buddhism is a PROCESS freedom of existence not to further create existence."

"

"

"

No sir , I never asked that question .

Buddhism NEVER created any answer to any question , but is MYSELF created question and answer in my PROCESS discovering "myself".......this PROCESS is Buddhism.

There will NEVER be any right or wrong answer , because in Buddhism to me currently - thereis NO right or wrong , no true or false and no good or bad ....is all part of learning process to discover ownself ...thats Buddhism my friend . Do challenge my view for my own learning process .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149664
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.03.2013
09:43PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Duality and unity ... distinction in Buddhism is that in this life there is duality
Until one realizes the truth of ones nature ... sees into the very core of ones existence .. then there is unity.
But, they exist in harmony together.

There is good and bad. Good being that one gets to have a meal when one is hungry.
Bad is being hungry and having no food.
When enlightened, one sees Buddha nature in everything
All becomes one and there is no distinction between objects or people.
It all comes from the same source.
Both things exist and are very real.
Having one does not mean the other does not exist.

Hitler, Osama, Dalai Lama, Buddha are not the same.
People are different. Truth.
People also come from the same source.
People are the same. Truth.
It depends on where you are ... on the path
For most, without the realization of enlightenment, only duality.

Inviting a serial killer into your home is different than inviting your daughter for dinner.
Don't believe that your ideas about Buddhism being a process will stop the serial killer for murdering you.
So, there is a difference ... hahaha
But, enough of this non-sense.
To get caught up in this will only entangle one in thoughts.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149665
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
10:33PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Duality and unity ... distinction in Buddhism is that in this life there is duality
Until one realizes the truth of ones nature ... sees into the very core of ones existence .. then there is unity.
But, they exist in harmony together.

There is good and bad. Good being that one gets to have a meal when one is hungry.
Bad is being hungry and having no food.
When enlightened, one sees Buddha nature in everything
All becomes one and there is no distinction between objects or people.
It all comes from the same source.
Both things exist and are very real.
Having one does not mean the other does not exist.

Hitler, Osama, Dalai Lama, Buddha are not the same.
People are different. Truth.
People also come from the same source.
People are the same. Truth.
It depends on where you are ... on the path
For most, without the realization of enlightenment, only duality.

Inviting a serial killer into your home is different than inviting your daughter for dinner.
Don't believe that your ideas about Buddhism being a process will stop the serial killer for murdering you.
So, there is a difference ... hahaha
But, enough of this non-sense.
To get caught up in this will only entangle one in thoughts.
"

PERHAPS " Good" or "bad" is a marking by human based on their knowledge and human had accepted it as fact ...............Buddhism is beyond all culture , beyond all reasons .

In Buddhism is NEVER good or BAD to get food when hungry but is to understand , discover the emotion during hunger , during deny of food or during having the food .......the emotion is SELF and Buddhism is to discover the SELF .

To me , Buddha is emptiness and all being is EMPTINESS . Human , animal , viruses , door , pen , dust ..Dalai Lama , Osama is all EMPTINESS , is all Buddha BUT with attachment that causes their existence ........Buddhism is NATURAL process freedom of  this atachment .

In my current understanding , all being is SAME and EQUAl . Yes, currently since I am still full of polluted energy  is hard for me to accept this but thats Buddhism .

Dear sir , if you choose to invite a serial killer to your house , that is your learning process and any incident will be part of your learning lesson to understand yourself .

If the serial killer kill my family because I invited him , well this will be my learning process to discover my "love" towards my family , my anger towards the killer ...............this will be part of my learning lesson . The serial killer will never hurt me as the cause of my suffering is always myself .....he will be the teacher that provide a learning lesson to me SAME as Dalai Lama words ......yes that Buddhism . The fact is if this actually happen to me NOW , I will kill him with my own hand because I am currently still full of pollution ...............

So the serial killer is same as Siddharta...providing me a lesson to learn to understand myself .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149669
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
10:38PM EDT 
vertical line Have a good day. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149670
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
11:27PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Have a good day. :-) "

Thanks my friend ...........I really hope you could stay on and debate with me . In all Buddhism website I am trying to debate with all for my own learning process but sadly so far NONE had really come forward to debate ...........but still I had learned alot from all ....I just hope many could sincerely debate with me based on each own understanding and I will eventually progress into greater realization .

I have no other Buddhism website to enter except here as I was banned .....so I hope more could actively debate with me .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.04.2013
12:42AM EDT 
vertical line What Source?... I told you just stop thinking and everything is solved....lol..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149676
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.04.2013
12:44AM EDT 
vertical line Thinking is duality... so when you can stop thinking then duality is gone...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149677
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
03:00AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Thinking is duality... so when you can stop thinking then duality is gone...lol "

How to stop thnking when we plan to "stop thinking" and thinking "how to stop thinking"..........

In Buddhism . we will be free on the need to think after there is nothing for us to think ....we will learned to be free on the desire , the emotion of thinking .........NATURALLY.

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149680
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.04.2013
05:32AM EDT 

Quote: "Have a good day. :-) "

Thanks my friend ...........I really hope you could stay on and debate with me . In all Buddhism website I am trying to debate with all for my own learning process but sadly so far NONE had really come forward to debate ...........but still I had learned alot from all ....I just hope many could sincerely debate with me based on each own understanding and I will eventually progress into greater realization .

I have no other Buddhism website to enter except here as I was banned .....so I hope more could actively debate with me .

Thks

CSEe

"

You're welcome.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149686
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEIJI SHRINE
by Andre Kertesz
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s